Leveling: 1->80 in one minute

Arhangelos

7 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Ouch. Yeah. That's unfair. He shouldn't be able to keep all the jumped up characters, but he shouldn't be banned outright. Support should work with him to consolidate the kinah/real money he spent and allow him to keep just one.

It was their choice to make all the characters not NCsofts. No different than the wallet warriors that got perma banned for exploiting EC.

12 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It was their choice to make all the characters not NCsofts. No different than the wallet warriors that got perma banned for exploiting EC.

The difference I would think is that the jumped-up characters just appeared out of the blue with no explanation. Players that were playing when the button appeared would more than likely not have seen the post on the forums that it was supposed to be limited to one per account. Thinking there was nothing wrong with jumping up more than one character, the player did. With the EC exploit, we had been playing with EC preforming normally for over a year when it "broke". We knew how the instance worked and we knew that asking to be kicked and getting back into the same instance gave us an extra run. We know we can't get "free" runs to things. We have seen ban waves for "free runs" before. Keep in mind that EC was exploited for more than a month quietly by "top legions". It wasn't until the general population figured out how those top legions were getting geared so quickly that everyone started to use it, which led to the bans.

On one hand, you see someone seeing a new function, using it and not realizing it is broken. On the other, you have someone seeing an old function suddenly start behaving oddly under very particular circumstances actively performing acts to bring about those particular circumstance. You can't really compare those two.

43 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

On one hand, you see someone seeing a new function, using it and not realizing it is broken. On the other, you have someone seeing an old function suddenly start behaving oddly under very particular circumstances actively performing acts to bring about those particular circumstance. You can't really compare those two.

There is a note when you log in on the jump character that was there at the time they were making characters.

unknown.png

I guess it entirely depends on how you take what you read. To me it is player ignorance just like it was with EC that caused them to get perma banned.

To me this clearly has 2 statements that outright say it is meant to be used only once. First it say a level 80 character not create level 80 characters. The a is crucial. Second it says reused implying it was not meant to be used more than once.

To add more on to this as well. I had friends make characters with this feature and they did not receive a ban. At first i thought they made 12 i believe i discussed this with arch at some point however they in-fact only used it 2-4 times. This is why i feel that there is something more that we are not understanding here.

"Once used, a character jump cannot be refunded, etc"

That doesn't say, "You can only do this once per account." It says, "Once you do it, we won't undo it."

I don't think your friends should be banned either. I think they should have all but one character removed, just as I said with the OP.

And the EC exploits were not ignorance. We had played EC for over a year without the bug. Everyone who used the exploit knew that having unlimited runs of something they had only been able to do once or twice was an exploit. Arguing otherwise is insane.

Just now, Aly-DN said:

"Once used, a character jump cannot be refunded, etc"

That doesn't say, "You can only do this once per account." It says, "Once you do it, we won't undo it."

I don't think your friends should be banned either. I think they should have all but one character removed, just as I said with the OP.

And the EC exploits were not ignorance. We had played EC for over a year without the bug. Everyone who used the exploit knew that having unlimited runs of something they had only been able to do once or twice was an exploit. Arguing otherwise is insane.

Once used, A character jump can not be refunded.

Once used, A character jump can not be reused.

Once used, A character jump can not be restored.

Read them individually. Repeating Once used, A character jump can not be over and over is both pointless and moronic. On top of that it would look horrible from a UI standpoint.

@Aly-DN @HealingSquid-KT

The button got the explanation after the maintenance, also after maintenance it was not possible to make more than 1 because it was fixed.

My original post was done before the maintenance, apparently the button was already in the client, it was just not visible and then they enabled it server-side and appeared to our client when someone logged after the enabling.

Nobody knew what it was, there was no explanation, nor any additional info to mention it was 1 char per account only. Someone saw a button that makes new chars lvl 80, he clicks it, he has a new char, he clicks it again and has a 2nd char, no explanations, no forum posts, nothing. They could literally simply make all chars lvl 1. This wasn't even a glitch, it was working as intended when they first made the button appear... right before maintenance.

This wouldn't have been an issue if he wasn't allowed a few days to waste money on the account and then have it banned.

(image from my original post, 1~2 hours before maintenance)

xV2f1F3.jpg&key=ad2b3a969f2551cdbedfc541

There are many people who claimed that the EC exploit was all NCSoft's fault and so no one should be banned for taking advantage of it. That's idiocy. 

BUT.. that doesn't mean that all exploits are not actually all NCSoft's fault. This one was. No player should be banned for this. They also should not be able to keep more than one of those boosted characters. Support should just ask each of them which character they want to keep and delete the others. If someone spent real money on the characters, they should have that refunded.

Ofc this would take understanding the game and there is a lack of that around NCSoft's Support.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Support should just ask each of them which character they want to keep and delete the others. If someone spent real money on the characters, they should have that refunded.

...or to save their precious time, they should simply make all chars that were done with this, back to level 1 and be done with it. The person would have to spend like 4~6 hours of campaigns to make that one char to lvl 80, he should be happy he is not banned at least. After all nobody asked for such a button.

But this is closed, he said that they locked the support ticket with their last message that this decision is final.

The lesson learned is whatever these people put out, wait for an announcement, they are literally throwing traps and whoever gets caught gets a ban. You can't even make that sh!t, they really do that.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I think you can still do the stigma quests, but I do not remember where they are and which ones they are.

I actually went to check the NPCs for two of the stigma quests, and I couldn't pick up either quest. So I'm not sure you can do the stigma quests after the fact. Unless maybe those quests were part of a chain and I just didn't do the first quest to activate the later stigma quests? I honestly can't remember; I just remembered which NPCs had the stigma quests.

8 hours ago, 5s2793EC-DN said:

I'm super new to this game. How do we get stigmas once we jumped a new character?

I'm not sure jumping a character is a good idea if you're new to the game. There's waaaaay too much that you haven't learned about the game. I'd recommend actually leveling a character from 0. It will only take you one day.

Archived