The game is broken for new players

Neffasta-DN

I want to learn how can I put all my gear to ultimate dark talon +15 with just 5 limited ancient pvp enchantment stone boxes per week.We can't farm enough pvp enchantment stones to do that.And why nerf the instances xp?  We can't farm xp to morph legendary enchant,and even if we have it,we don't have ancient stones to morph them.

Then the Free to play is a lie? if you cant catch up the old players, there s no point of new players to join, right?

It s absurd the way of this game is getting conducted, it s impossible for new players to get decent gear, they nerf so many things, they Nerf the Xp got from mobs/instances, they nerf the AP got from HM, But the prices to get the gear still the same. How can new players have fun this way if they are going to die instantly everytime that they step out of the city?

14 minutes ago, Cersey-DN said:

Then the Free to play is a lie? if you cant catch up the old players, there s no point of new players to join, right?

There is no rule saying that free players have to have the ability to catch up. It is f2p and you can play it 100% free but the tasks you do to catch up are not enjoyable task's in the slightest.

Hell grinding mobs would actually be enjoyable compared to what you have to do so that you can catch up in Aion.

47 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Go to Red Katalam, do camp quests that award Legendary Blood Marks, and use them to buy Ultimate (Fierce) Aureate PvP gear to get started

Exactly this. If you are a real "*new* player forget getting the very best top-tier PVP gear. You're too far behind.  You can get very good gear though.

Now...you'll still have enough of a challenge getting stigmas, davea skills and manastones..but that's another story.

You can get stones completely free in -game but I complete agree-  @Cyanthe EXP nerf is  beyond stupid. We can hardly morph stones. This is even  worse for people who aren't in large legions and don't have access to the special altar NPCs.

I dislike most free to play models...just make a sub and make shop prices reasonable or actually listen and put the things in the shop that people acrually want/need rather than trying to con players into investing in fruitless events. If you are truly new make sure you take advantage of the free PvE ultimate set they give you for a month and legendary transform. Make the free level 80 also even if you dont need it you will want it later for event/luna farming. Join a legiom get carried through PvE for your perm set and use the mix matched gear til you can make a full PvP set (Ultimate PvE stats are better than a ancient +15 and situational probably better than some legendary if it is lower than like +12 or so. You can do the math) it is not impossible but definitely more difficult. Lastly watch the events and make sure you get the free things on BCM so you can get the few leg ups they give you.  

On 2/5/2020 at 7:57 PM, Gideon said:

In discussion:

These are being actively discussed with the dev team, however it’s still too soon to provide any further information on what changes (if any) will be occurring.

1) Enchantment Stones, Monster EXP, Cubicles, Crimson Katalam, IDD/PF ultimate drops, Quest Log expansion, Daevanion Skill bundles.

If your feedback isn’t explicitly called out here, fear not! We are discussing all the patch feedback with the development team, however we are focusing first on the most pressing issues so we can improve the game for as many players as possible as quickly as possible. There are also some important things not introduced with the 7.2 patch that we are also working on, but for the sake of this post I wanted to focus on the patch content as much as possible.

Keep giving us that feedback, and thanks!

In the meantime, besides getting Blood Marks, you should absolutely try to get these done every week on your main character too

• Collect at least 600 Genesis Crystals per week so you can:
    • Buy 5 PvP Enchantment Stone boxes
    • Buy 5 PvE Enchantment Stone boxes
    • Craft 1 Daevanion Skill
    • Extra Genesis Crystals: buy PvP gear to extract for Fighting Spirit Fragments
  • Collect at least 120 Stelliums per week:
    • Buy 5 Legendary Enchantment Stone tickets
    • Buy Silver Cubics that include Physical/Magical Attack
  • Get AP by using up all your Herelym Mine entries
    • 480,000 needed to buy Daevanion Mark of Knowledge
  • Get EXP for extraction
    • Use up all your Luna instance daily and weekly entries
      • Save all Luna materials on your main(s) for the 75% success Legendary PvP Enchantment Stone boxes
    • Do the 4x2 Lakrum 20-mob quests that award lots of EXP
      • Also gives:
        • Genesis Crystals
        • Grade B-C Miniums
        • Bronze Cubics that include Physical/Magical Attack
  • Burn all your PvP battlegrounds entries (Dredgion, Idgel Dome, Evergale)
    • Get additional PvP enchantment stones.
      • Each bag is 90% chance of 3x ancient and 10% chance of 1x legendary
    • Legendary and Ultimate Etiums
    • AP
    • Grade A-C Minium
    • Do NOT quick entry if at all possible! Make or join parties similar to "ID Yolo" or something
  • Participate in fortress sieges
    • Legendary PvP Enchantment Stones
    • Genesis Crystals

Aion has always sucked for new players but I think the kinah and xp nerfs are worse for new players than the gear imbalance right now. I look at the game right now and cringe when I think of having to play without my billions and stock pile of xp gems. 

Just stop playing if you aren't having any fun at all. I honestly tried to have fun again but with the way NCwest has been to even the community, it's just not worth the time. If you really want to catch up to people then you'll be visiting those black market places of the interwebs, that's just how it is for the most part atm.

4 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

• Use up all your Luna instance daily and weekly entries
    • Save all Luna materials on your main(s) for the 75% success Legendary PvP Enchantment Stone boxes

To compound on this, I've waited until the 75% success Legendary PVP Enchantment Stone bundles were about 7 for each reagent (4 for a couple) before purchasing to maximize how many bags you can get. You can get between 1-3 Legendary PVP Enchantment stones from this bundle per bag! This should just be for your main.

Also, make 1 alt to do Luna on and save ALL the luna mats until you have enough to craft the Ancient Transformation contract (want to say the cost is 75 of the common regents and 40 and 25 for the 2 rarest). You can buy the Ancient Xform mat from the BCM for free once a week (just get the ancient one and save it). Since the xforms are account wide, don't waste luna crafting mats from your main to get this since the legendary enchantment stones are un-tradeable.

3 minutes ago, Malachyte-KT said:

To compound on this, I've waited until the 75% success Legendary PVP Enchantment Stone bundles were about 7 for each reagent (4 for a couple) before purchasing to maximize how many bags you can get. You can get between 1-3 Legendary PVP Enchantment stones from this bundle per bag! This should just be for your main.

Also, make 1 alt to do Luna on and save ALL the luna mats until you have enough to craft the Ancient Transformation contract (want to say the cost is 75 of the common regents and 40 and 25 for the 2 rarest). You can buy the Ancient Xform mat from the BCM for free once a week (just get the ancient one and save it). Since the xforms are account wide, don't waste luna crafting mats from your main to get this since the legendary enchantment stones are un-tradeable.

I wish they made a guide with info for all this stuff.

what do we do with the BCM mats that they just released?

what is the best way to get the other mats we need for these ancient and legendary transformations contracts?

Thanks.

The ancient mats require like 200 of the shards, where as the Legendary one requires 40.  The ancients are given often for each LugBug weekly you complete and the Legendary only gives 5 for completing 8 of the LugBug weekly quests.  You get another 5 Legendary Shards by buying them 1 time a week from the Golden Sands Store using 25 Gold Ingots. To get a steady supply of Gold Ingots, you will need to buy 5 a day for at least 5 days of the week and I think they cost around 6 million Kinah for 5 each day. You will then need to buy the Ancient and Legendary Memory shard combine mat from the BCM.  You can get 1 of each for free 1 time a month and to get a second one you will need to pay on the BCM (I think it costs like 1600 BCM or $20 for the Legendary one and about 800 BCM for the Ancient one).

If you keep up with it, you can craft 1 legendary Transform contract 1 time a month. Also, the BCM items can only be bought 1 time a month for the whole account so not worth doing it on alts if you have time restraints, where as doing Luna on alts is ALWAYS beneficial and the ancient mat takes a little while to build up.

43 minutes ago, Malachyte-KT said:

The ancient mats require like 200 of the shards, where as the Legendary one requires 40.  The ancients are given often for each LugBug weekly you complete and the Legendary only gives 5 for completing 8 of the LugBug weekly quests.  You get another 5 Legendary Shards by buying them 1 time a week from the Golden Sands Store using 25 Gold Ingots. To get a steady supply of Gold Ingots, you will need to buy 5 a day for at least 5 days of the week and I think they cost around 6 million Kinah for 5 each day. You will then need to buy the Ancient and Legendary Memory shard combine mat from the BCM.  You can get 1 of each for free 1 time a month and to get a second one you will need to pay on the BCM (I think it costs like 1600 BCM or $20 for the Legendary one and about 800 BCM for the Ancient one).

If you keep up with it, you can craft 1 legendary Transform contract 1 time a month. Also, the BCM items can only be bought 1 time a month for the whole account so not worth doing it on alts if you have time restraints, where as doing Luna on alts is ALWAYS beneficial and the ancient mat takes a little while to build up.

tyvm, this is very helpful.

I appreciate it.

New players can get +10 ultimate Risiel armour and Weapon fully socketed, lasts 30 days with legendary transform that last 1 hour and for each class and has no limit and a 10 second cool down. Event.
Level 80 character created just like that. Event.

A survey that gives 70 battlefield rewards which will average 183 ancient PvP stones and 9 legendary PvP stones just by entering Evergale Canyon. Can even go in get the survey then leave the instance right after.
Legendary PvP and PvE set.

1 Ultimate Dark Talon armour and 1 Ultimate Sovereign armour piece with some effort.

Ultimate Aureate blood mark gear can be farmed where the boxes are account tradeable, so you can go on alts and farm legendary blood marks and pass the boxes to the character you want.
2 weekly quests give PvP stones, 1 gives 10 ancient PvP for flipping 1 Star opposing faction camp, another gives 3 legendary PvP stones for flipping 2 star camp, another weekly gives ultimate stellium ticket for flipping 3 star camp.
Stellium elimination quests for Small, Medium, Large give more stellium.

In light of this only being able to get 5 ancient PvP stone boxes per week ain’t that bad.

Legendary transform breath of memory you can get in 1 at the start of each month, so technically 29 days.

All the above a new player can do right now.

When I started this game, i think the max lv was 55 or something, it took me months and months just to get ot max level, with twinkies on your back all the time. It took lots of repeateble quests just to get the regular coin gear, and crafting was absurdly spensive and utterly useless.

Now it literally puts you at end game with lots of gear and easy stuff to get.

The game is not broke for new players. At least not compared to the past.

If anything the game is broken for those who are broke.

7 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

When I started this game, i think the max lv was 55 or something, it took me months and months just to get ot max level, with twinkies on your back all the time. It took lots of repeateble quests just to get the regular coin gear, and crafting was absurdly spensive and utterly useless.

Now it literally puts you at end game with lots of gear and easy stuff to get.

The game is not broke for new players. At least not compared to the past.

If anything the game is broken for those who are broke.

I played when the cap was 50 and it took ages to level and everything was hella expensive and even using a lesser run speed scroll was a luxury and there was no coin gear and getting stunned by a twink sin meant death because there was no remove shock.

Leveling is easier since it's quick, the quests provide everything and there isn't any PvP.

But I still think that the game is harsh on new players.. new as of this patch. It's true they get entry level PvP and PvE armor/weapons, but the nerf to kinah, xp and enchantment stones is going to be hell for them to catch up without spending tons of cash. With a player base that is dwindling, I just don't see how those nerfs help the health of the game. 

See.. that's the thing. In the past if you were behind, it's just because you were new. Now it's because you don't have the cash.

Archived