Is World Boss Stealing an Offense?

Vexkiller-KT

What it should be is:

• Asmos can steel from other Asmo, because they are the bad guys in this game.
  • Elyos should work together, because we are the good guys.

What is being asked here is:

• "Is it ok to be a f*&*(&(*ing son of (*)(*(8 mother F9(&)(&) horrible human being?"

Answer:

• No, it's not.

3 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

What it should be is:

• "Is it ok to be a f*&*(&(*ing son of (*)(*(8 mother F9(&)(&) horrible human being?"

Answer:

• No, it's not.

erm... excuse you, you didn't read the story right? The elyos Lords are those who allowed the balaur to get in, while the Asmodian Lords didn't trust them and didn't want them in. When the balaur were finalyl allowed in and the brought destruction, the Asmodian lords were like "we told you" this would happen and the Elyos lords accused the Asmodian Lords that this is because they were not friendly to the balaur and didn't want them in , in the first place. then the Asmodians were like "wtf, lets split" and the elyos got the southern easy part while the asmodians took the hard northern one.

This sounds exactly what happens in real life with liberal-open-border advocates vs the conservative-secure-borders advocates.

42 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hey, we always ended up killing them.

Last time 2/4 snakes went to Elyos. Oddly philanthropic but hey I won't say no to free loot ;o

@Archangelos-KT That's not even close to the lore. There was no pre-division of the Empyrean Lords into the Seraphim/Shedim prior to the tower splitting. The plan only followed through because Lord Israphel backed it up, though he intended to flip the table an assassinate Fregion and the other lords and the events which followed are what shattered the tower and the planet :| The division and in-fighting began way after that, and didn't really resemble any of what you said

EDIT: P.S The the Atreians who ended up in Asmodae certainly didn't by choice; all the old NPC dialogue and lore suggests that Asmodae is hell to live in and that's what caused such drastic evolution to beastly creatures. There's a reason they named the capital city "Pandaemonium."

56 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Last time 2/4 snakes went to Elyos. Oddly philanthropic but hey I won't say no to free loot ;o

@Archangelos-KT That's not even close to the lore. There was no pre-division of the Empyrean Lords into the Seraphim/Shedim prior to the tower splitting. The plan only followed through because Lord Israphel backed it up, though he intended to flip the table an assassinate Fregion and the other lords and the events which followed are what shattered the tower and the planet :| The division and in-fighting began way after that, and didn't really resemble any of what you said

EDIT: P.S The the Atreians who ended up in Asmodae certainly didn't by choice; all the old NPC dialogue and lore suggests that Asmodae is hell to live in and that's what caused such drastic evolution to beastly creatures. There's a reason they named the capital city "Pandaemonium."

That made me laugh. Scientifically, evolution is neither good nor evil. If the state of the world made those people evolve into their current state, how is that "beastly" and why are they now "creatures" and not simply people? If you walk around the starter areas, you don't see the Asmodian people acting like animals. They live in houses and farm and mine and sell goods to one another. They fall in love and offer their would be girlfriends flowers. They admire beauty. They care for their children.

This attitude right here is why I always imagined that first contact after the split of the Tower of Eternity as going like this..

• Elyos come in contact with the Asmodians.
  • Both stop and stare at one another.
  • Asmodians: OMG! Is that you, Joe?! I can't believe this! We thought you were dead! Hey, guys! It's Joe! Don't you remember? He's the guy that used to date my sist-----
  • Elyos: MONSTERS! *shrieks like a little girl* KILL ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
6 hours ago, MayBlue-DN said:

What it should be is:

Answer:

• No, it's not.

What it actually should be is that if a boss spawns naturally, it's free for all. But if a boss is spawned by a legion, their faction respects that it's their boss and leaves them alone. If they want to be helpful, they will PvP the other faction if it shows up trying to take the boss. That's because in the end, factions should support each other since in the end they need to rely on one another in sieges. Ofc that's not what actually happens.

And Asmodians are not the bad guys. Far from it. Keep in mind that the original lore had the Asmodians all about hope and the future. While the Elyos lore was all about the past and betrayal. Which of those would be "evil"?

Also.. **steal

@Aly-DNi used the term beastly because in Pandemonium city lore it was Lord Asphel's specific concern that eternal exposure to Asmodae's climate would turn the Atrieans into beasts before driving them to extinction.

I think you're lumping what I said in with what May was saying a bit too much; I wasn't calling Asmodians evil or claiming that evolution is good/evil. The tldr of the war is both sides have reason to blame the other with no true innocence. Again, only used the term beastly because it's what's written into the Panda lore. I guess I dont think of beastly as being synonymous with evil.

Only commented to correct the outstandingly inaccurate storytelling of the Cataclysm .-.

10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

erm... excuse you, you didn't read the story right? The elyos Lords are those who allowed the balaur to get in, while the Asmodian Lords didn't trust them and didn't want them in. When the balaur were finalyl allowed in and the brought destruction, the Asmodian lords were like "we told you" this would happen and the Elyos lords accused the Asmodian Lords that this is because they were not friendly to the balaur and didn't want them in , in the first place. then the Asmodians were like "wtf, lets split" and the elyos got the southern easy part while the asmodians took the hard northern one.

This sounds exactly what happens in real life with liberal-open-border advocates vs the conservative-secure-borders advocates.

This was the story we thought was true for a long time, Elyos wanted Peace and Asmos did not with the Balaur. The truth of of this whole meeting was finally shown in the Archives of Eternity with the pages that lie around. Putting them together made books you could read.

What really happened was the meeting was about a plan Israphel had to lure the Balaur close to an artifact he was able to use to destroy them. The Elyos agreed with the plan while the Asmos did not. Israphel actually was planning to destroy both the Balaur and the Elyos and Asmos Lords to be the sole ruler. You *the 13th lord* had you heart corrupted by Beritra and decided to do you own plan which is what lead the other Lords hating you so much they erased you literally from history *this is actually said in one of the books*. Only the Book of Prophecy and The Forgotten Nameless Hero is what remained as a hint of you existence as books in the library of Sanctum and Pandemonium.Your plan was to attack them full force when Balaur came which failed, Israphel quickly try to carry out his own plan but Fregion was cunning enough to know Israphel was up to something already and stopped him. 

Both the Elyos and Asmos blamed each other for the plan failing.

21 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That made me laugh. Scientifically, evolution is neither good nor evil. If the state of the world made those people evolve into their current state, how is that "beastly" and why are they now "creatures" and not simply people? If you walk around the starter areas, you don't see the Asmodian people acting like animals. They live in houses and farm and mine and sell goods to one another. They fall in love and offer their would be girlfriends flowers. They admire beauty. They care for their children.

This attitude right here is why I always imagined that first contact after the split of the Tower of Eternity as going like this..

• Elyos come in contact with the Asmodians.
  • Both stop and stare at one another.
  • Asmodians: OMG! Is that you, Joe?! I can't believe this! We thought you were dead! Hey, guys! It's Joe! Don't you remember? He's the guy that used to date my sist-----
  • Elyos: MONSTERS! *shrieks like a little girl* KILL ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

We can call it "animalistic" if that sounds sexier better, but there's no denying that Asmodians were represented as having those beast/animal traits (from evolution, or as gifts directly from Aion/god, depending on how into the NPC/cutscene dialogue you decide to be). I'd never think of it as evil, it's just an adaptation. O.o I mean, from the earliest cinematic trailer, the Asmo girl is crouched like a cat about to pounce, and you can see fangs, glowing/reflective eyes, claws, manes, and pointed ears throughout the video. (She even does the kitty head tilt, which I think is adorable, personally. I am going to put you in my pocket you darling little apex predator.)

1ec2d2eb4bd0243220c05280b857c6048259a423

And of course, they don't really act like animals in their social structures or behaviour, not to the best of my knowledge? I always thought it was a fun disparity between behaviour and appearances, because Elyos in the early storyline have these beautiful villages and cities but are often downright brutish, and the Asmodians' biology and architecture/standard of living reflect the brutal environment they live in but, particularly in Pandaemonium, we see that as a people they have a lot of pride, and an appreciation for elegance and refinement.

Archived