Abyssal Splinter for alts

Arhangelos

OK, we now get to choose a weapon of choice... chose the crystal that is on your right as you face them, the crystals that is closer to the door. I chose the crystal on the left also to check and the weapon didn't seem to be that good. I just did s-rank with a sorc alt with Risiel items, a pandora ring and that weapon. With the pve bonus this adds you hit with a pretty good dmg.

they also added some additional mobs around, I didn't bother although they also hit me.

The only thing left is to give our alts some accessories and it should be possible to s-rank it easier. I'll also have to delete that Vandal I made in my main account, because I sure don't know how to play it, and I think now it needs extra stigmas for good dps. Those lasers suck.

owt92Xs.jpg

There are 4 crystals to choose from and the +15 weapon is random. You can kill the two eggs toward the right of the boss room when you enter for 2 Healing Pots and 2 pots that do 200-250k damage to the boss. The attack/cast spd debuff and the Aerial Thrust the mobs cast make this mode way harder, unless you luck out and get the +15 weapon.

This mode (where you get an abyss weapon and have adds spawn) is only available Tues/Thur/Saturday

The normal mode (where you get no weapon and only fight the boss) is Mon/Wed/Fri

Sunday you can choose which mode you want

This is all from the Korean Event Details (God forbid we get full details here)

42 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

There are 4 crystals to choose from and the +15 weapon is random. You can kill the two eggs toward the right of the boss room when you enter for 2 Healing Pots and 2 pots that do 200-250k damage to the boss. The attack/cast spd debuff and the Aerial Thrust the mobs cast make this mode way harder, unless you luck out and get the +15 weapon.

This mode (where you get an abyss weapon and have adds spawn) is only available Tues/Thur/Saturday

The normal mode (where you get no weapon and only fight the boss) is Mon/Wed/Fri

Sunday you can choose which mode you want

This is all from the Korean Event Details (God forbid we get full details here)

Lol amen, thanks for the info on the potions. I didn't even hit those. It seems these days we can do it with alts then.

7 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

OK, we now get to choose a weapon of choice... chose the crystal that is on your right as you face them, the crystals that is closer to the door. I chose the crystal on the left also to check and the weapon didn't seem to be that good. I just did s-rank with a sorc alt with Risiel items, a pandora ring and that weapon. With the pve bonus this adds you hit with a pretty good dmg.

they also added some additional mobs around, I didn't bother although they also hit me.

The only thing left is to give our alts some accessories and it should be possible to s-rank it easier. I'll also have to delete that Vandal I made in my main account, because I sure don't know how to play it, and I think now it needs extra stigmas for good dps. Those lasers suck.

owt92Xs.jpg

Just tested it on 2 alts. Sorc and Sw. Unless you get that +15 weapon, it's still nearly impossible to get S rank. The mobs that spawn decreases your run, attack and casting speed way too much and thus your dps goes down. On my Sorc I got C rank with the +10 weapon because I saw what the other person in this thread said about the pots. Problem was encountered when my dps with Veille wasn't fast enough to destroy the eggs, so when I went to start dpsing the boss, those mobs spawned instantly. I then reset it and got A. Still not enough dps with the +10 weapon to get to 1mil before the mobs spawned and trolled my dps with their skills. On my sw with Fridgia potion and I got a +5 weapon from the crystals. With dp still wasn't enough to get to S. I got an A. Again the mobs spawned and it went downhill from there. All Risnel gear not very good accessories.

20 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

I tested the eggs, they do not give a potion, I mean they probably don't have it on our event. Unless I have to do something additional..

16 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

Just tested it on 2 alts. Sorc and Sw. Unless you get that +15 weapon, it's still nearly impossible to get S rank. The mobs that spawn decreases your run, attack and casting speed way too much and thus your dps goes down. On my Sorc I got C rank with the +10 weapon because I saw what the other person in this thread said about the pots. Problem was encountered when my dps with Veille wasn't fast enough to destroy the eggs, so when I went to start dpsing the boss, those mobs spawned instantly. I then reset it and got A. Still not enough dps with the +10 weapon to get to 1mil before the mobs spawned and trolled my dps with their skills. On my sw with Fridgia potion and I got a +5 weapon from the crystals. With dp still wasn't enough to get to S. I got an A. Again the mobs spawned and it went downhill from there. All Risnel gear not very good accessories.

That is true, a+15 gives +3000 pve attack, while a +10 I think gives only +1400 that is a big difference. Just risiel is never enough due to the spawns. Also at some point the boss starts hitting you every 1 second, like it gets in rage mode and kills you really easily. I couldn't get s-rank with SM as well (with a +10 weapon), we were doing fine, I was healing the pet (I had magma out, maybe earth is better?) and I was at 750k dmg when the boss simply started hitting insanely fast.

To do it "easier" everything matters, having accessories would be a big boost because plume and bracelet give a ton of p.def and m.def. Even a +0 abyss weapon is better than a risiel +15 I think, but we also need to have wings and have it enchanted, wings give attack when enchanted. But pve enchants are nowhere to be found.

Hint: I used exchange vitality stigma on all my alts, it was the one thing that really allowed me to do s-rank in those 3 alts. Others did A-rank easier. I fail at a vandal alt that I will most likely delete and the SMs also do not have the burst unless they are geared and have the right stigmas (which I don't)

I have done s-rank with 3 of my Sorcs and that is because I have given them my +10 stigmas of my main and thus they had the full set, the skills were +15 and I had the vision stigma that gives me a big buff. Once of my alt sorcs in my account has a daevanion raging inferno, that was the easiest alt to do because that skill is a big increase in dps.

Those adds that spawn really kill it, they are probably the biggest reason why we cannot do that much dmg.

I think if we worked a few days per char to gear them up slightly better, it would have been possible to s-rank it every time. At least the event won't end anytime soon. So we have enough time to do our alts.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I tested the eggs, they do not give a potion, I mean they probably don't have it on our event. Unless I have to do something additional..

Destroying the eggs spawns a spider mob, called Kaluva, kill this mob and loot it. The eggs will also spawn the Kaluva after a minute or so, they will then continue spawning at an unknown rate (maybe every 60sec or less)

Abyssal Essence

Abyssal Blessed Recovery Serum

My strategy for toons with no gear is:

• wait for the eggs to spawn the first couple of adds, destroy one of the eggs, this will immediately spawn a 3rd Kaluva, kill and loot.
  • wait for the remaining egg to spawn a 4th add, destroy the egg to spawn a 5th, kill and loot.
  • make sure not to aggro the boss and to kill the adds he spawns while waiting for the eggs, other wise you will be overwhelmed by them.

Once you collect 5 Abyssal Essences (each does 200k damage on a 10sec CD) begin attacking the boss. Use any healing/defensive buffs to stay alive and pop the potion off CD. This doesn't work for all of my toons, ranger has been the biggest challenge so far.

If you get the +15 weapon you can straight burst him from the start depending your class. Sometimes the crystal won't give you any weapon, killing the adds without at least a +5 weapon and legendary xform is painful.

26 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

Destroying the eggs spawns a spider mob, called Kaluva, kill this mob and loot it. The eggs will also spawn the Kaluva after a minute or so, they will then continue spawning at an unknown rate (maybe every 60sec or less)

Thanks for this. With my stigmas on my sorc alts I shall be able to do s-rank all the time then.

The other days where we get 2 ground buffs, one for p.def and one for attack are only useful if you can survive 1~2 minutes after you hit the boss or something. The attack buff gives +2000 attack but, almost all the times my toon is almost dead when it spawns and when ti spawns it has a delay on how you get it, you have to go inside it and move around for it to happen.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

That is true, a+15 gives +3000 pve attack, while a +10 I think gives only +1400 that is a big difference. Just risiel is never enough due to the spawns. Also at some point the boss starts hitting you every 1 second, like it gets in rage mode and kills you really easily. I couldn't get s-rank with SM as well (with a +10 weapon), we were doing fine, I was healing the pet (I had magma out, maybe earth is better?) and I was at 750k dmg when the boss simply started hitting insanely fast.

Magma pet is the combination of the Earth Pet and Fire Pet. It has all the stats and spirit protection skill of the earth pet (HP and grp dispel) and fire pet (second best HP and atk increase buff).  You are def better off using Magma over just the base earth pet.  If you want it to be easier, you can slot all the pet skill stigmas and especially the pet daevian that does insane dmg and then you should be able to have him tank and dps the boss with lesser gear and still dot the boss up. Also, you can slot in Magic Implosion for the extra dot dmg but also to not get the extra spirit sub linked stigma as the non-linked one is an aoe dot heal over time (it's actually really underrated how good it is but Spirit Empowerment linked stigma is just too good so this one will never get used unless in cruicible spire maybe), so when the adds pop, you actually get quite a bit of healing on yourself over time.

14 minutes ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Magma pet is the combination of the Earth Pet and Fire Pet. It has all the stats and spirit protection skill of the earth pet (HP and grp dispel) and fire pet (second best HP and atk increase buff).  You are def better off using Magma over just the base earth pet.  If you want it to be easier, you can slot all the pet skill stigmas and especially the pet daevian that does insane dmg and then you should be able to have him tank and dps the boss with lesser gear and still dot the boss up. Also, you can slot in Magic Implosion for the extra dot dmg but also to not get the extra spirit sub linked stigma as the non-linked one is an aoe dot heal over time (it's actually really underrated how good it is but Spirit Empowerment linked stigma is just too good so this one will never get used unless in cruicible spire maybe), so when the adds pop, you actually get quite a bit of healing on yourself over time.

Thanks for this, the bad thing is that I cannot get SM stigmas for the spirit easily, where do people get their stigmas now? I never bothered since 5.8 because I never needed to put stigmas on a char so I have absolutely no clue where people get their stigmas now.

The pet stigmas are actually given during the level up process, well the vast majority of them. It's the ones for Spirit Empowerment that you have to probably buy heavy stigma boxes for.  You use to be able to get them as well from the crucible spire vendor when you head up the tower and they were dropping those crucible coins. Best way though is to just make a new SM and level it up and you'll be granted them via quests if you can't buy them.

56 minutes ago, Malachyte-KT said:

The pet stigmas are actually given during the level up process, well the vast majority of them. It's the ones for Spirit Empowerment that you have to probably buy heavy stigma boxes for.  You use to be able to get them as well from the crucible spire vendor when you head up the tower and they were dropping those crucible coins. Best way though is to just make a new SM and level it up and you'll be granted them via quests if you can't buy them.

Thanks, I leveled them all from lvl 10 to 80 exclusively with luna for crafting luna for my main. I might have to do new SM just for the stigmas.

It is weird that there is no active way to get new stigmas now. There should be a way to get any stigma we need somehow.

My only problem with my SM alts is that they can't get the agro kept to my spirit, I used the spirit taunt skill but the boss eventually starts attacking the SM and he dies.SM can have good dps only if geared enough, but with the potion days S-rank is easy with them since the potions do all the job.

Heck I need to delete my SM alts in my main account to get me sorcs only. I know how to rotate on them and I have my main's stigmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Pro Tip:
I just found out by accident that the Abyssal Splinter instance type doesn't change with the daily reset, it actually changes type 2 hours before the daily reset.

Which means that if you want to do it with the potions every day you can do this. In Wednesday for example you do not get the weapon and potions instance, but wait and enter 2 hours before the Thursday reset, it already changed type.

With this I am doing s-rank every day with all my account alts. Heck with the potions I can even start doing it with a 2nd account because the legendary transformation is brokerable.

Archived