Updated 11/14: Post Server Merge Information

Cyan

• Aion Team

Hello Daevas,

As you login today, you will see many new faces. Say hello and make some new friends. Things will take a little bit to get back to normal and for everyone to get back into the swing of things. The first thing you should do after logging in is claiming your name, and your Legion name if you are a Brigade General. If your previous name is unavailable, and you feel someone has maliciously stolen your name, please refer our name change policy.

In the coming weeks the following will happen:

• October 25: Free character transfers will resume with unlimited Kinah and the 9K GP limit.
    • Please only transfer characters that have faction conflicts.
  • Late October/Early November: Housing auctions will be enabled.
  • New: Housing auctions will be enabled November 8 after the maintenance.
  • New: Character and Legion Name Change Tickets will be available November 8.
  • November 11: Support will no longer handle character name discrepancies.
  • Updated: November 29 Free character transfers will be disabled and paid character transfers will open.

Here on the forums, you will also find the new Danaria and Katalam forums open for server-centric discussion.

You can view the full server merge FAQ post here, and the full character name policy here. We also have a known issue list for merge related issues which can be found here.

Thank you and see you in game!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I ask if the transfers can be applied to lowbie characters below 25? 

I recognize I am an outlier, and if the answer is no, I'm not going to sob about remaking some of my lower characters or getting them up to 25 in time. I'm of the opinion I'll remake a lot of them just to reduce the weight on staff resources anyway, but I really wanted to know for some of my really old Elyos that have a lot of stuff I bought from back when it was pay to play or whatever and leveling was not easy. *pokes fingers together*

tumblr_lr0dxkKodi1qbvovho1_500.gif

I just came back but I still haven't transferred my characters from the old servers. What I did is I suddenly got a link which has my the characters and clicked create account. I'm not sure if that's the transfer. I'm not sure if this forum name is the name of my character.

28 minutes ago, 2s2F086D-DN said:

I just came back but I still haven't transferred my characters from the old servers. What I did is I suddenly got a link which has my the characters and clicked create account. I'm not sure if that's the transfer. I'm not sure if this forum name is the name of my character.

Your characters have automatically been transferred to the new servers and all the names have been reset. 

Setting up your forum account is not related to what is happening in game, which is what you did when you chose a character and clicked create account.

You need to login to the game and check the new servers. In each character's inventory you will find a name change ticket. Use that to change your names back to what they were. If you can't because the name was already taken, you can submit a ticket with Support to try and reclaim the name. For characters over level 65, the one with the oldest creation date will be granted the name.

Free character transfers will not open again until Oct. 25th. To transfer a character, you will go to Store, Account Services and Paid Character Transfers (though you will see that they cost 0 NCoin for a limited time).

22 minutes ago, 1s369F20-KT said:

i was about to come back to aion with my main, were going to Danaria, but the 9k gp limit stoped me to coming back, if by some how can give more gp limit (i have 500k gp) atleast to keep my xform QQ that would be good for some of us QQ

Because that would be unfair to the other players that have already gone through a toss up of their ranks. 

There was a period prior to the merge when you could move with 500k GP. You missed that. Now you can either stay on your present server or transfer and lose the GP.

Keep getting Error E01005, which when I check says; 

These errors, while different, are similar in nature in that something on your system or network is interfering with the connection of the launcher. For these errors we recommend trying the following Steps:

Close out any 3rd party processes that may be interfering with the NCSOFT Game Launcher. You can do this by following the steps for the Windows command MSCONFIG here.  In addition to this we ask that you disable or even temporarily remove any security software installed (BWAHAHAHAHAH! No.) as we have seen these types of programs cause these errors as well.

If you’re using a router or a wireless connection you bypass all other network devices and connect directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable.  (already on a cable) For assistance with this click here.

If none of these steps were helpful to you please open a support request with the Technical Support department.  We recommend that first you run our Game Advisor application and attach those results to your support ticket. For assistance with how to do this you can reference the KB article here.

I'm not turning off my security, even if I knew how to, my partner who's in cyber security would blow a gasket at me. Besides, I've been playing Aion for a few years now, and it's been fine up until this latest update (I go away for a few days and suddenly 5 servers is now 2. I was only saying the other day there don't seem to be many people around lately) 

1 hour ago, OnlySnow-DN said:

Keep getting Error E01005, which when I check says; 

These errors, while different, are similar in nature in that something on your system or network is interfering with the connection of the launcher. For these errors we recommend trying the following Steps:

Close out any 3rd party processes that may be interfering with the NCSOFT Game Launcher. You can do this by following the steps for the Windows command MSCONFIG here.  In addition to this we ask that you disable or even temporarily remove any security software installed (BWAHAHAHAHAH! No.) as we have seen these types of programs cause these errors as well.

If you’re using a router or a wireless connection you bypass all other network devices and connect directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable.  (already on a cable) For assistance with this click here.

If none of these steps were helpful to you please open a support request with the Technical Support department.  We recommend that first you run our Game Advisor application and attach those results to your support ticket. For assistance with how to do this you can reference the KB article here.

I'm not turning off my security, even if I knew how to, my partner who's in cyber security would blow a gasket at me. Besides, I've been playing Aion for a few years now, and it's been fine up until this latest update (I go away for a few days and suddenly 5 servers is now 2. I was only saying the other day there don't seem to be many people around lately) 

Make sure none of your firewall(s) or antivirus programs are blocking Aion. Ask your partner for help if you need to.

20 minutes ago, 66s5112-DN said:

So I keep getting disconnected from the server as soon as I log in, happens only with one of my characters(incidentally my main), any suggestions?

Log in on another character, turn your graphics all the way down, and use shift f12. Then try logging in on your main character.

Are they in Norsvold/Iluma?

On 11/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, Cyan said:

Hello Daevas,

As you login today, you will see many new faces. Say hello and make some new friends. Things will take a little bit to get back to normal and for everyone to get back into the swing of things. The first thing you should do after logging in is claiming your name, and your Legion name if you are a Brigade General. If your previous name is unavailable, and you feel someone has maliciously stolen your name, please refer our name change policy.

In the coming weeks the following will happen:

• October 25: Free character transfers will resume with unlimited Kinah and the 9K GP limit.
    • Please only transfer characters that have faction conflicts.
  • Late October/Early November: Housing auctions will be enabled.
  • Early-Mid November: Free character transfers will be disabled, and any remaining faction conflicts will be force-transferred.
  • November 11: Support will no longer handle character name discrepancies.

Here on the forums, you will also find the new Danaria and Katalam forums open for server-centric discussion.

You can view the full server merge FAQ post here, and the full character name policy here. We also have a known issue list for merge related issues which can be found here.

Thank you and see you in game!

I still can transfer my characters? Because atm i cant do it on the pag :/

Archived