Jump to content
2s3279A0-DN

BRING BACK AION????

Recommended Posts

A bunch of us really, really miss the old AION, the way it used to be, with all those incredibly beautiful areas, towns, villages. Please bring it back. We all miss it so very much, we aren't into the PVP, especially me, I am into PVE all the way. Of course I am a slow gamer and like to take my time and enjoy the scenery. But damn, we miss AION more than any other game in existence...and it breaks the heart that all that was taken away from us.

Some of us sunk a bit of money into the game, and would again if you brought it back, the way it was. I mean really ...altgard, morheim, desert garrison, all those inredibly EPIC parts of the game.....is sorely missed!

 

Thanks,

Naomi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point of time, everybody realized including me that Aion classic won't be back.
If they wanna do it they already did it. I supported the idea of Aion classic but it's time to accept it won't come back.

And Aion won't be better if you can't accept this stage of Aion it's time to move to another game.
Save your memories and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

If you want "The Old Aion" back and then say you "aren't into PvP", I am not sure you remember "The Old Aion". Aion at launch was a gank fest. There was perma rifting and twinks galore. There was no magic resist. There was no remove shock. So you were perma-stunned and/or feared until you died. Once you were at NTC level, if you so much as stepped a toe out of town, your ass belonged to twinks in full gold 30e who tore into you like you were wearing a mix of greens and whites.. which you were. 

It's funny that you say you missed the Desert Garrison. Never was there a more retched hive of death and tears as that place. Remember trying to do Killing for Castor? And the twinks would come rolling over those sand dunes, stun you, kill you and then run off to the next leveler all while laughing happily and calling you rubbish. Yeah. Those were the good old days!

Let's bring those days back. Everyone enjoyed them.. especially the non-PvPers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol exactly. People think that the old days were better because the game mechanics were better. The only thing I like from the older patches is that we had more maps, more instances and leveling was a thing and obviously there were ten times more players..

Twinking was the cancer of Aion. I remember I gave myself a promise to when I get to end game levels, I would spend many hours of the day in low areas killing twinks so as to help my fellow asmodians level up because while I was trying to level nobody helped me against the twinks. There were people complaining that high levels were killing twinks, ruining their fun and some even called for ban on high levels that were killing low levels, yeah people were that thick! I remember following a group of Asmodians and being around them while they did their quests.

Twinks enjoyed the easy pray of white/green levelers and they were pissed off that someone more geared and higher in level was not letting them have their fun. I also didn't go to Elyssea to kill lowbies, I was in my side helping my fellow Asmodians which is what an MMORPG is about, role playing and all, and how killing a lowbie is not even a ban-able offense because this is how the game is designed.

Most of them would retaliate by saying that twinks are enjoying the game by pvping against other twinks, of course nobody believed that lie. Because when FT server was implemented, twinking effectively died, the levelers eventually went to a safe server and twinks had nobody to kill because in reality they never wanted to fight other twinks, they wanted to go to an area with ungeared people and simply kill them thinking they are pro at pvp.

(Some twinks also were so mad about high levels killing them that they called to ban them, yeah people were THAT thick back then)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

@Arhangelos-KT I did exactly that. I would gather around the Desert Garrison on my geared level 50 and kill every twink and every kisk I could find each morning while I had my coffee. It was a promise I made myself after surviving the hell that was leveling. If I couldn't find any twinks, I would set up a private store next to the rift portal exit saying, "You won't be killing any babies this morning."

Twinks were cancer. I never saw one attack another twink. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Twinks were cancer. I never saw one attack another twink. Ever.

...I swear they knew each other, all of them. They even made fun of same faction levelers too. When someone would ask for help in lfg, those twinks on our side would make fun of them prompting them to "gitgud" or "gear up and stop whining" and things like that.

You bet they didn't attack each other because they knew that one of them would lose and this would ruin their fun. Why do actual pvp and risk dying to a geared enemy when there was a plethora of walking dummies for them to fill their void?

When we replied to lfg telling them to link the location, the twinks on our side would even call names on us for "ruining the game". In their tiny head, gearing up and purposely staying low level to take advantage of low level ungeared players was not only "working as intended" (which was) but it was actually a game purpose. And they thought that an Asmodian had no right to defend Asmodae against elyos because of level difference. The level difference wasn't a thing, you just didn't get AP or XP if the enemy was more than 9 levels lower than you. Yep, kill a lowbie, work as intended for me.

I loved pissing them off, they would reply with "you earned nothing", and I was like "I earn no AP and XP because of the game mechanics, but the joy a twink feels when killing a leveler... multiply that tenfold, that is what I earn knowing I am giving a role-playing justice"

~~

Heck I wouldn't even mind going back to those days now that I think of it, I would go through the gang process of leveling again if that meant I would end up end level with good gear and roam around spreading fear and wrath against twinkers. And now I know how to play the game better so I wouldn't spend months low level trying to figure out things.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of the people calling for a classic server think of Aion 3.0 as the classic because that's when the game went F2P and when they started playing. They don't realize that there was ~2.5 years worth of NA Aion gaming prior to it, that was very different than what they played, and that old content was what the original Master Server (pseudo-Classic server) in Korea was based off of.

Frankly, I hated the entirety of 3.X. I, personally, did not like the content and absolutely hated the Eye.

4.X, they were finally getting their shit together, and then 4.8 happened.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...I swear they knew each other, all of them. They even made fun of same faction levelers too. When someone would ask for help in lfg, those twinks on our side would make fun of them prompting them to "gitgud" or "gear up and stop whining" and things like that.

You bet they didn't attack each other because they knew that one of them would lose and this would ruin their fun. Why do actual pvp and risk dying to a geared enemy when there was a plethora of walking dummies for them to fill their void?

When we replied to lfg telling them to link the location, the twinks on our side would even call names on us for "ruining the game". In their tiny head, gearing up and purposely staying low level to take advantage of low level ungeared players was not only "working as intended" (which was) but it was actually a game purpose. And they thought that an Asmodian had no right to defend Asmodae against elyos because of level difference. The level difference wasn't a thing, you just didn't get AP or XP if the enemy was more than 9 levels lower than you. Yep, kill a lowbie, work as intended for me.

I loved pissing them off, they would reply with "you earned nothing", and I was like "I earn no AP and XP because of the game mechanics, but the joy a twink feels when killing a leveler... multiply that tenfold, that is what I earn knowing I am giving a role-playing justice"

~~

Heck I wouldn't even mind going back to those days now that I think of it, I would go through the gang process of leveling again if that meant I would end up end level with good gear and roam around spreading fear and wrath against twinkers. And now I know how to play the game better so I wouldn't spend months low level trying to figure out things.

My note for the longest time was "Getting to 5 Star one AP at a time". Destroying their kisks and then killing them before they could put another one down was the highlight of my day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I think a lot of the people calling for a classic server think of Aion 3.0 as the classic because that's when the game went F2P and when they started playing. They don't realize that there was ~2.5 years worth of NA Aion gaming prior to it, that was very different than what they played, and that old content was what the original Master Server (pseudo-Classic server) in Korea was based off of.

Frankly, I hated the entirety of 3.X. I, personally, did not like the content and absolutely hated the Eye.

4.X, they were finally getting their shit together, and then 4.8 happened.

The eye... you know everyone wanted it back, including me, I mean it was just nostalgia, and then we had that event on the eye (the one they had wrong prices on rewards the first day which I missed like always and they fixed it in no time). So when we went back to the eye for that event, I remembered what a sh!tty place it was full of gangs and chaos.

Back in the original days of Tiamaranta eye, when we managed to get 3 our of 4 Tiamaranta fortresses and closed the eye to the enemies and made it a safe place, it became a bot fest.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

The eye... you know everyone wanted it back, including me, I mean it was just nostalgia, and then we had that event on the eye (the one they had wrong prices on rewards the first day which I missed like always and they fixed it in no time). So when we went back to the eye for that event, I remembered what a sh!tty place it was full of gangs and chaos.

Back in the original days of Tiamaranta eye, when we managed to get 3 our of 4 Tiamaranta fortresses and closed the eye to the enemies and made it a safe place, it became a bot fest.

Exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 7:24 AM, Neleth-KT said:

At this point of time, everybody realized including me that Aion classic won't be back.
If they wanna do it they already did it. I supported the idea of Aion classic but it's time to accept it won't come back.

And Aion won't be better if you can't accept this stage of Aion it's time to move to another game.
Save your memories and move on.

 You know things are going downhill badly when even Neleth rejects a Classic server post

 

portada_memes.jpg_759710130.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

 You know things are going downhill badly when even Neleth rejects a Classic server post

I mean, it'd just wind up being a rehash of the same argument with Aly saying we don't have enough players, Cheesecake making an appearance and being the biggest meanieface in all the world, and other people coming in going NCSOFT SUCKS/AION SUCKS/EVERYTHING SUCKS/WHY AM I STILL HERE!???, and Cyan inwardly being like the nyerk y'all need to chill the nyerk out while not replying to the thread but knowing of its repeated existence.

And, weirdly enough, the OP's post shows how what someone would define as a "Classic server" would be very different among the old/unlikelynew playerbase. They're thinking of the 3.0-initialFTP times, whereas if I think classic server, that's 1.X era because that is classic Aion to me. What patch would NCsoft do as their classic, anyway? 1.9? 2.7? 3.7? 4.7? Blahblahblah, we all know the argument. :P

 

All that said, yeah, Neleth's right on this. If you can't enjoy the game as it is, it's okay to leave, and this is one of the very few times I'd advocate for an illegal server for if you want to play different, old patches of Aion on. All I want to do is play dress up with my char and try on all the different armors and skins and take screenies of them as future I-want-to-cosplay-this-but-I-don't-have-the-time-or-money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BRING BACK THE ABYSS!!! Bring back that beautiful flying space, it was really fun to fly without crashing into invisible walls (closing wings, having flight cooldown, falling and other shit)  like are in any other location with small fly zones! The Abyss was the trademark if Aion, pvp on wings was the hottest and beautifullest thing in the game, worthy recording videos, flying siege was exciting, even with not much fps, but anyway more beautiful than any ground siege that has not less lag (!) but 2 dimensions instead of 3!  2 dimensions is boring and wings are not seen! What do you win from this simplification? Fps didn't become higher at all, and still worse, the Temple of Wisdom in Lakrum gives me very heavy glitches when pictures totally change, I can't see where I go, when there are many people, even on newer and stronger computers than what I had in the olden days when I enjoyed flying in the Abyss. And in Norsvold, there was some lag but pictures didn't distort like they do in Lakrum!  It's a shame!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×