Forums

Housing Refunds

Bryos-DN

I received 335mill than it got taken away and I didn't even own a home, what's going on NCsoft? I don't like the bone being dangled in front of my face like that and it was by someone called GM Fructuoso and GM Wraith. There wasn't even mail of some sort.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it took me a while of going through ALOT of screen shots, but I figured out how NCsoft screwed this all up for those that didn't get the full amounts back for their housing (Myself included).

If you ever missed a payment or waited till the last minute to pay your "rent" and got a notification in your in-game mail about it, that last notification is the date they are using for your "Home purchase" date.... And then they just assume you purchased it for the minimum price for some reason (I think it's because in their system it lists the house for sale as a foreclosure but once you pay your late rent it immediately takes it off the market).

I found screen shots of me buying my manson for 3+bil and sent them in along with a little anger letter about this to support. NCsoft better learn to do a job proper and make things right with the players...you don't mess with ppl's kinah.... that's a fast way to loose players and subscriptions. 

1 hour ago, Ruld-DN said:

If you ever missed a payment or waited till the last minute to pay your "rent" and got a notification in your in-game mail about it, that last notification is the date they are using for your "Home purchase" date.... And then they just assume you purchased it for the minimum price for some reason (I think it's because in their system it lists the house for sale as a foreclosure but once you pay your late rent it immediately takes it off the market).

I think it was just human error, because out of the homes that I owned I received the full refund on all of them, and there have been multiple times this year leading up to the merge that I waited until the fourth week to pay rent (pay late fee + advance week payments).

I'm glad you had a screenshot so you can recoup your kinah;

Wow I'm really having  bad luck here... sent a Ticket in asking about unique and rare floor designs, wall paper and exterior designs, this was the reply:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Aion Support Team.

I have checked your request about this matter and confirmed that the Floors and Wallpaper would be deleted after applying it on your housing. With that said, it would be permanently applied to your housing. Since the housing on all servers were reset, the Exterior Pack would also be deleted along with your housing. Thus, we won't be able to restore the Floors and Wallpaper for you in this case.

I appreciate your kind understanding about this matter. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

GM Buuj
NCSOFT Support Team"

So basically if you spent real life money on any of the holiday decoration packs or spent money on luna to craft up the rare designs that seem no longer to be in the game anymore you're just out of luck.... So mental note, NEVER EVER BUY HOUSING STUFF FROM THE BCM AGAIN! Cause who knows, they might merge again and just flush your spent money down the toilet.... 

Just now, Aly-DN said:

@Rag-DN.. that is not what Hime/Cyan told us. Looks like Support done screwed up again.

@Cyan.. you need to shake Support up.

That's what I thought! But then again I'm still arguing with them about the kinah amount compensated to one of my toons, despite providing screen shots of the original purchase amount.

• Aion Team

Hi all, 

We're looking into the issue where players received unexpected amounts of Kinah from their house during the merge process and we will update everyone when we have more information to share. Please be aware this is a separate issue than the players caught abusing the housing bids prior to the merge.

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi all, 

We're looking into the issue where players received unexpected amounts of Kinah from their house during the merge process and we will update everyone when we have more information to share. Please be aware this is a separate issue than the players caught abusing the housing bids prior to the merge.

Thank you.

And what about the lost wallpaper, floor, and exterior skins?

I am not well versed in housing. But, I checked out my Studio after merge, and the old wallpaper and flooring I had selected were still applied to it. Maybe if/when you get the same type of house you had prior merge, the wallpaper and flooring will be selected from their housing warehouse? The one thing I am sure its pretty much gone for good is the exterior design. :P

On 10/12/2017 at 8:18 PM, Johngunmad-KT said:

Its not about how much, its whether or not you get any refund or nothing. 

So you mean by people making alts and over paying on level 10 toons to try and get kinah back(abuse the system)? That sux because all my toons were 70+ that had houses. Paid at least 1.4bil for my chanters estate because I remember a friend lending me 1bil plus used my kinah to bid higher then another player. I only received 335mil. 

If I had a level 50 twink with a estate that I bought back in let's say 3.0 for 2bil and never leveled my alt, I should of not been screwed. Just stop trying to be all knowing.

I've fought with the NCsupport and they still claim:

"Upon checking the bid history of your Mansion, we have verified that you win it for 117,600,000 Kinah last July 10, 2017. Therefore the calculations of the compensation is correct."

I have sent them these screen shots showing I purchased the mansion No 10 Spring Hill Village on Tiamat Server September 18th 2016. As far as I can recall I never lost the mansion, I always would login last minute and pay the rent, but they claim they have double checked and they think they have compensated me the correct amount. I am completely confused and frustrated by this.

43rpc.jpg

nn1kpw.jpg

Also They gave me this reply to the lost wallpaper/floor/exterior design skins when I asked if they are going to compensate the players for them:

"We truly understand your frustration regarding this, and sincerely feel where you're coming from. However, as GM Buuj stated, your Floors and Wallpapers on your housing were deleted after applying it on your housing. Since the housing on all servers were reset due to the server merge, your Exterior Pack would also be deleted along with your housing. With this said, we are unable to grant your request."

4 hours ago, Ruld-DN said:

I've fought with the NCsupport and they still claim:

"Upon checking the bid history of your Mansion, we have verified that you win it for 117,600,000 Kinah last July 10, 2017. Therefore the calculations of the compensation is correct."

I have sent them these screen shots showing I purchased the mansion No 10 Spring Hill Village on Tiamat Server September 18th 2016. As far as I can recall I never lost the mansion, I always would login last minute and pay the rent, but they claim they have double checked and they think they have compensated me the correct amount. I am completely confused and frustrated by this.

43rpc.jpg

nn1kpw.jpg

Also They gave me this reply to the lost wallpaper/floor/exterior design skins when I asked if they are going to compensate the players for them:

"We truly understand your frustration regarding this, and sincerely feel where you're coming from. However, as GM Buuj stated, your Floors and Wallpapers on your housing were deleted after applying it on your housing. Since the housing on all servers were reset due to the server merge, your Exterior Pack would also be deleted along with your housing. With this said, we are unable to grant your request."

I wonder if they have a chart of houses up for auction that day because I swear it looks like the refund is based off the wrong house.   Could the guy be tired and confused and looking at #20 Spring Hill Village because I can understand making that mistake.  I am now trying to figure out how they came up with the total.  Did the house sale for 111,600,000 and they charge you 6mill of mansion taxes?   Regardless, something is weird here.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:57 AM, Cyan said:

Hi all, 

Thank you.

GM Rhan Yesterday at 21:12

Hello there,

As previously stated, the intended marketplace value has been given to your character in the form of 335 million Kinah instead of the inflated value for which you have auctioned your house. I hope this clarifies things, any further response regarding this matter will only result with the same response from us.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards, 

GM Rhan
NCSOFT Support Team

They're calling me an exploiter when I'm not and will not listen to my reasons. They even said I auctioned the house, when in reality I narrowly won my estate. Do something about this otherwise I quit, because I cannot put up with this rubbish and I'm sure many others can't. I'm just so angry I'm not evening bothering to take my name back.

Taking my estate which I paid for without my permission and not properly compensating me for the things I paid for, which also includes wall paper and exterior, that's just stealing.

I forgot to update my situation.

I found out that I did get my money for 3 houses, the issue just remains in one, sadly I didn't have a picture to prove how much I paid for it but I did send a picture of when I won the bid, so hopefully that will help.

Hope everyone can get their situations resolved! I'm still waiting for a response to a ticket I sent 2 days ago but hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Now to worry about renamings :(

Edit: Got an answer and they said I got what I should have... which now leaves me with a more worrying thing... where did I lose 3bil

15 hours ago, LilHotii-KT said:

So you mean by people making alts and over paying on level 10 toons to try and get kinah back(abuse the system)? That sux because all my toons were 70+ that had houses. Paid at least 1.4bil for my chanters estate because I remember a friend lending me 1bil plus used my kinah to bid higher then another player. I only received 335mil. 

If I had a level 50 twink with a estate that I bought back in let's say 3.0 for 2bil and never leveled my alt, I should of not been screwed. Just stop trying to be all knowing.

Pretty sure you gotta do the housing quest first which requires level 20.

The point of that post was to illustrate the discrepancy on those who got mail on the first day for their housing compensation and the link to their level, when they won auctions after the first server merge announcement. A lower level player who won auctions after that announcement got screwed over and were given automated support messages. The compensation problem is only a problem for homes acquired in the past several months but the level 5 twink example you made would not be affected by this.

I feel for you mate and hope you get your money for your Chanter. 

Ncsoft have stuffed up so badly and they are pinning all the blame of the players they see no fault in their actions everything we did is called an exploit.

So here is my story me and my husband quit the game for over a year I sold my estate when I quit but my husband kept his and had his brother log in and paid the rent for a year. The first week we decided to come back I complained about soul sickness so my husband agreed to give me his estate. I put in a huge bid on my estate so no one can steal it from me as it was my own kinahs anyway. The bid I put in was slightly over what estates sold for when we left and this was what people did before to change property from one character to another. 

I didn't find out that the servers were merging and had no idea the houses were going to be lost until a few weeks later when I saw it in shout and looked it up on the forums. There is no mention anywhere at the login screen or any messages regarding losing the house. So unless you come and read these forums too bad so sad your now called a exploiter.

I understand and never expected the amount I paid because my husband has the kinahs from which I paid for but after trying to explain to ncsoft through so many tickets. Letting them know the situation that we were no exploiting but merely transferring from one to another and they should at least restore the original price my husband paid.

The reply was so disappointing they can not help and they understand my situation but this is still an exploit even though we have no knowledge of this, I sure they could check the logs and see when we returned.

Thank you for truly understanding NCSOFT and thanks for all your unhelpful replies, my bad for spending a few hundred in the last few weeks I'll remind myself why we shouldn't spend more in future.

I paid for the collectors pack at the start when the Aion was first launched, that was taken away people, I paid for a pet which was supposed to be applied to any new characters I make but that too was taken away. Lots of people paid for housing items and now they have lost those also.

Great job NCSOFT no wonder people keep leaving you should have done a better job at least try and inform people place a limit on the sales price there are so many things that could have happened re housing but no you think everyone reads these forums 24/7...... and everyone should have known lol and if you didn't NCSOFT labels you an abuser.....

2 hours ago, Constellation-DN said:

Ncsoft have stuffed up so badly and they are pinning all the blame of the players they see no fault in their actions everything we did is called an exploit.

So here is my story me and my husband quit the game for over a year I sold my estate when I quit but my husband kept his and had his brother log in and paid the rent for a year. The first week we decided to come back I complained about soul sickness so my husband agreed to give me his estate. I put in a huge bid on my estate so no one can steal it from me as it was my own kinahs anyway. The bid I put in was slightly over what estates sold for when we left and this was what people did before to change property from one character to another. 

I didn't find out that the servers were merging and had no idea the houses were going to be lost until a few weeks later when I saw it in shout and looked it up on the forums. There is no mention anywhere at the login screen or any messages regarding losing the house. So unless you come and read these forums too bad so sad your now called a exploiter.

I understand and never expected the amount I paid because my husband has the kinahs from which I paid for but after trying to explain to ncsoft through so many tickets. Letting them know the situation that we were no exploiting but merely transferring from one to another and they should at least restore the original price my husband paid.

The reply was so disappointing they can not help and they understand my situation but this is still an exploit even though we have no knowledge of this, I sure they could check the logs and see when we returned.

Thank you for truly understanding NCSOFT and thanks for all your unhelpful replies, my bad for spending a few hundred in the last few weeks I'll remind myself why we shouldn't spend more in future.

I paid for the collectors pack at the start when the Aion was first launched, that was taken away people, I paid for a pet which was supposed to be applied to any new characters I make but that too was taken away. Lots of people paid for housing items and now they have lost those also.

Great job NCSOFT no wonder people keep leaving you should have done a better job at least try and inform people place a limit on the sales price there are so many things that could have happened re housing but no you think everyone reads these forums 24/7...... and everyone should have known lol and if you didn't NCSOFT labels you an abuser.....

That is greatly disturbing, just messed up Aion support.

16 hours ago, Johngunmad-KT said:

Pretty sure you gotta do the housing quest first which requires level 20.

The point of that post was to illustrate the discrepancy on those who got mail on the first day for their housing compensation and the link to their level, when they won auctions after the first server merge announcement. A lower level player who won auctions after that announcement got screwed over and were given automated support messages. The compensation problem is only a problem for homes acquired in the past several months but the level 5 twink example you made would not be affected by this.

I feel for you mate and hope you get your money for your Chanter. 

It's sad because housing was the only thing that made me stay on that game to a point and then I couldn't make my estates anymore prettier... PvP just to much of the same old bs. PvE idk kinda just lost interest when I started to like PvP. 

Archived