Help will be wonderful

ZhangRien-KT

hi I am heading back to aion but our server is dead mostly , and I was wondering if there is a correct site, Where I can know about the Gear and everything else content wise , So I can get things started .. I used to play in beta , I keep asking chat for advice but no help at all.Also what is most populate server to go on . that isn't toxic that likes to talk and help others. 

KT has more players. 

There isn't a server that is less toxic or is more helpful. The playerbase is what it is no matter the server. They are a mix bag, though the helpful tend to be quieter.

You can look up gear now in game. That is one of the many changes and one of the helpful ones.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

You can look up gear now in game. That is one of the many changes and one of the helpful ones.

It is very useful for new and old players alike. Here is how you get to it and how it works:

Press P so you're viewing your character's profile, then click Guide:

IW7VYc9.jpg

Once you're there, it will have two tabs -- PVE and PVP. The gears are listed in order of best to worst from top to bottom. (So best possible item of that class is listed on top.)

zR2qMbx.jpg

If you hover over a piece of gear, it will show you its stats so you can compare it to the gear you are currently wearing.

GGHrUNl.jpg

Lastly, if you click on a piece of gear, it will tell you where/how to get it via a blue quest marker on the map (bottom right corner of map below):

7IaP3PB.jpg

On 3/11/2020 at 10:58 PM, ZhangRien-KT said:

hi I am heading back to aion but our server is dead mostly , and I was wondering if there is a correct site, Where I can know about the Gear and everything else content wise , So I can get things started .. I used to play in beta , I keep asking chat for advice but no help at all.Also what is most populate server to go on . that isn't toxic that likes to talk and help others. 

Also in short:

PVE

• Best set is the one that drops from instances, the current patch is one of the worst patches (along with 6.2) for gearing in pve. Unless you are willing to even reset the pve instances you can't get the drop you need easily, the best way to gear with pve this way is to be in a big legion that they will loot right things to you when they have doubles. I for example still have 0 pve mystic cloth drops in all my pve instance entries and I am not even complaining about it. It is what it is. People said it is a regional nerf that the ultimate is not 100% drop rate, I cannot confirm, but I have done my 5 prestige runs at one point and we got 0 ultimate drops. one time we even used a drop amulet.Wherever there is RNG in Aion you want to take a turn.
  • Second best pve set is the crafted with aetherforging. Sadly this is not only extremely expensive but also you cannot retune the optional stats. The expensiveness comes mostly from the fact it is RNG based and you need a recipe to proc to proceed to the next one. For example it cost me about 2,5 billion worth of kinah to craft my Soldusk Spellbook, but of course it was done the 2nd week of 7.0 so the mats were still expensive.
  • Third best set is Pandora pve. Do the Pandora pve quests in Lakrum city (6 of them 5x repeatable each, 5 marks per quest), they give you Pandora marks. You get a total of 150 marks per week if you do them all and you would need like 7~8 weeks to do the whole set with everything from armor, wings, accessories and weapons. The good thing about Pandora is that it can take optional stat retunes. Not that you would need anything different from the crafted ones since pve is pretty basic in stat needs.

My suggestion is to do the Pandora for pve and be happy with it, or at least do it so you are eligible for every pve instance.

PVP

• Best set is the genesis crystal set that becomes the ultimate dark talon set. You do Lakrum weeklies and urgent orders (also weekly now), and you buy the ancient gear. you enchant ancient gear to +15 and then you can upgrade it to legendary +0. you enchant the legendary to +15 and upgrade it to ultimate +0 and finally enchant the ultimate to +15 to be worthy enough for pvp. This needs enchants, legendary and ultimate etiums and AP. You get all of these from pvp instances. Mind you, as of 7.2 etiums are account warehouse storable so you can do free entries with your alts in the same account and give your main the etiums. To get even more AP you can do Herelym Mine solo in the middle route for a base 1m AP (with prestige, abyssal stars and AP bonus buffs you get a ton more).
  • Second best set in stats is the crafted gear with aetherforging but this is also pretty expensive. There are new noble recipes (already proc'ed version of the item) with 2x the mats of the normal one, so crafting them is plan-able, still expensive. the only bad thing here is that the optional stats are not retunable thus for pvp you might find this set to be worse than the 3rd best set (below).
  • Third best set is the Bloodmark set. You do bloodmark quests in Katalam and you can then buy your set. People have said it is possible to get a whole set in less than 1 week if you do every quest possible in Katalam. I cannot confirm that. Bloodmark set is retunable in optional stats so it makes a perfect set for new comers or people who want to have a cheap and fast 2nd or 3rd set etc.

My suggestion is to get the blood mark set because it is super fast and then try to do the Genesis pvp set slowly, start by doing weapon then wings and then the rest (weapons and wings give the most offensive stats)

21 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

• Third best set is Pandora pve. Do the Pandora pve quests in Lakrum city (6 of them 5x repeatable each, 5 marks per quest), they give you Pandora marks. You get a total of 150 marks per week if you do them all and you would need like 7~8 weeks to do the whole set with everything from armor, wings, accessories and weapons. The good thing about Pandora is that it can take optional stat retunes. Not that you would need anything different from the crafted ones since pve is pretty basic in stat needs.

My suggestion is to do the Pandora for pve and be happy with it, or at least do it so you are eligible for every pve instance.

This was viable until patch 7.0 but now at 7.3 with the free set legendary Risiel there is no point at all to invest that heavy grind time on Pandora as the Core stats atk and defence are the same.

Also Aureate (blood mark) Armor and Weapon are better for PvE than Pandora +15

Pandora Orb: Base atk 4228 + bonus PvE 114 + 371 pve from max enchanted = 4713 atk

Aureate orb base damage= 4698  + 126 PvE from armfusion with a risiel orb = 4824 atk

And for single hand weapons the difference is greater.

5 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

This was viable until patch 7.0 but now at 7.3 with the free set legendary Risiel there is no point at all to invest that heavy grind time on Pandora as the Core stats atk and defence are the same.

Also Aureate (blood mark) Armor and Weapon are better for PvE than Pandora +15

Pandora Orb: Base atk 4228 + bonus PvE 114 + 371 pve from max enchanted = 4713 atk

Aureate orb base damage= 4698  + 126 PvE from armfusion with a risiel orb = 4824 atk

And for single hand weapons the difference is greater.

Pandora at +15 is better at pvp than Dark Talon (except weapon of course because you can armsfuse a pve weapon and still get some pve bonus)

What about wings, bracelet, plume, necklace, earrings, rings and weistband, that risiel doesn't have?

It is only main armor and weapon pandora that are not better than the pvp ones for pve I think.

for example

Dark Talon earrings
m.attack +38
optional m.attack retune up to +206
Total = 244 m.attack for pve

Pandora earrings
m.attack +33
optional m.attack retune up to +112
pve attack at +15 = 49 (+145)
Total = 339 m.attack for pve

The whole armor set and the accessory sets are better, weapon is only good because you can armsfuse a pve weapon and still get some bonus.

Sorry for the double post, some items are better in Dark Talon or Bloodmark for pve than pandora +15, like the main armor set, but accessories that give a lot of their offense through the bonus are a much better in pandora than Dark Talons/Bloodmarks.

Main armor isn't better because even at +15 you get mostly pve defense and thus it is not better at offense than a dark talon/bloodmark for pve.

17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

What about wings, bracelet, plume, necklace, earrings, rings and weistband, that risiel doesn't have?

After the free set a quest chain opens, its pretty easy do BoS, FM, IDD and PF, you get full Risiel accesories 2 rings, 2 earrings, 1 belt, 1 necklace, and Legendary Skyflame Wings.

ofc pandora accesories and wings are better but its expensive for new players a 500k per retune, when Risiel just gives you the core stats directly.

could be usefull for healing classes to get pandora if they want atk & healing boost at the same time, but then again its just way cheaper to get some ancient accesories with healing boost and switch when u need heals.

About armors with Blood Mark Gear +0 you gain more atk than with Pandora +15 and, same defence as Pandora +5

Pandora Tunic: Base atk 1371 + 98 Bonus PvE atk + 36 from max enchant =  1505 atk

Blood Marck Tunic: Base atk 1523

Pandota tunic: Base Physical defense 1182 + 98 Bonus PvE def + 32 def from +5 enchant =  1312

Blood Marck Tunic: Base phy def 1310

A mix of Risiel accesories & wings and Aureate weapon and Armor is the way to go for new players, you get huge benefits with zero cost of enchanting or retuning,

Archived