Weekly Server Maintenance - March 18, 2020

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 12:00 CET. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours 45 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • Shugo Sweep will end.
  • The Hungry Hatchlings event will begin. You can find full details here.
  • Fixed an issue where the wrong resolution would sometimes display on 4k monitors, in certain situations.
  • Fixed an issue where Qubrinerk's Monster Cubic Lab displayed an incorrect reset timer when resets were depleted.
  • Increased the weekly purchase limit for Daevanion Essence Bundle from the Shattered Abyssal Splinter merchant from 1 to 3.
  • Fixed an issue where Improved Tetranon dropped outdated items. According to the development team, this monster was not intended to have any drops in 7.X versions, so the drop table has been adjusted.
  • Fixed an issue where Illumiel Brawl appeared twice in the recruitment window.
  • Fixed an issue where Daevanion Essence Box in the Black Cloud Marketplace could not be sold on the trade broker.
  • Various text and localization updates.
  • Fixed an issue where the Special Transformation Contract Bundle (64 Types) available from the Lockbox Coin Vending Machine had an incorrect description.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

z02tnw4qm0m41.jpg GxoZjxpjkajP2WfcfXt-47rHc7wy9_qj2X_Wfjcx yvcslpkiffm41.png

Earn 1 Storm Token for every 2 hours you’re logged in for a total of 12 Storm Tokens per day

I guess we have to leave our clients on for 24 hours??? Doesn't the game automatically dc you after 24 hours?So what you are saying makes no sense. Also imagine getting an interactive event where we actually run an event instance with actual rewards. Guess this is the event till May guys. Next event rainbow snake woohooo

How does one stay 24 hours logged in without a macro which is a 3rd party software and apparently not allowed? And when you get the auto dc form time tou, you relog back in instantly?

I'd say put more tokens in a quest based way that can be "farmed" and less afk hours logged. 24 hours login?

Did the korean tell you they are doing a check on population and you found a way to make the numbers appear higher with this event?

I taped down my right arrow key while sitting in my house in Pernon back in the day. Would reload the client when I woke up in the morning, resetting the 24 hour timer. Also jammed a penny into my keyboard to keep the spacebar pressed back in 2.0 with the first afk event.

It looks like you can get 22? free tokens a day and get one free legendary transform when you get top level. So, nice shit from the premium box if you do lugbug and afk for five days? I'm not 100% sure on how daily works. I guess you complete quests?

This goes until May, too. It's way too early for tears.

OK, I think we misunderstood, we will be able to get the legendary transform egg in 12 days but that's it right?

I mean you have to get it first and then start leveling it with tokens.

So with 3 free from bcm +1 hour afk = 5 per day in the 780 days that it lasts you can get more than what you need

HhHVhRJ.jpg

Somebody needs to really go smack these people at NCsoft.

Let's do some math.

One Stormwing Egg (you only get one for the 2+ month duration)

420 tokens needed to level the egg to max

22 tokens are obtainable daily (assuming you do stay logged 24 hours which seems highly unlikely for 100% of the population)

420/22 = 19.09

It would take us 20 days to obtain the final stage of Storwing.

What happens when we obtain the final stage?

1) We get a legendary xform. Yay. One in a little over 2 months. Very motivating..

2) We get daily prizes that have little to zero worth next to toilet paper.

Needless to say, I'll keep my toilet paper and wipe my behind with this event instead.

Honestly, in my opinion and keep in mind I rarely post on forums because i know 95% of the time usually questions will never be solved or answered, but this event can be easily fixed and it surprises me how you guys the company and developers can’t come up with. Why not instead of making it a afk event where people have to stay logged in for 24 hours which a majority can’t do due to life work and etc.. obviously, just make the coins an rng drop table and chance reward For open world mobs+bosses in instances+ monsters in instances. This game has and always will be an rng game with money or no money and so fourth any player who has played aion will know that by now, and also Why not make the stormwing quests where we have to kill something like a certain amount of monsters or bosses in instances to get the coins as quest rewards even open world works. The reason for this is because this is Aion online not AFKOnline, make the players US the community as a whole to actually play the game and for people who want to grind and do stuff and can spend time doing so and get rewarded for it meaning people who like to grind on the game can do so even if it’s 24 hours if wanted to, another reason for this also is that it can give either a PVP player or a PVE player both benefits regardless of which people choose to do more then the other. I know a good amount who spend their time open world pvp most of the time to actually do something and if u have people running around and meet each other there will be active things going on and for the PVE players they can just basically do their thing in instances , and don’t have to be out in open world i know also people who use luna to just reset instances to do things so they get rewarded as well its a win-win situation to anyone that plays obviously, trying to keep the game active. Not to mention there is people who are so bored on the game and will example go to the opposite factions outpost in Lakrum to just find people to pvp or whatever even in Crimson Katalam just trying to find things to do, also i noticed this event is about 2 months long obviously that tells me that u guys the company are running out of ideas and seem to be pushing aion aside meaning bad news for the players and it also seems getting darker the more we go down before there will be no more light for Aion again as in forever. We try to keep the game going because right now there is rarely or none at all of advertisement of this game but the streamers me Especially one of them and the playerbase which is trying to do what we can for the game as a whole, also keep in mind Nc for NA there is only a handful of us now who even streams Aion anymore and a majority of them are my friends and i will be honest alot of them if u all haven’t been updated with twitch for aion they no longer stream or play the game anymore and we do that because we wanted to try and do what we can for ourselves you the company and the playerbase knowing we would not get any type of reward or even ask for one but yet we tried what we could and some just can’t do it anymore and you lost a good amount of them at this point NC why? You tell us so getting back to this event topic above maybe that can be a good suggestion or similar if u do it that way in my opinion -Mik3ykun

36 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

2) We get daily prizes that have little to zero worth next to toilet paper.

Needless to say, I'll keep my toilet paper and wipe my behind with this event instead.

Really? After 6 days:

• [Event] Legendary Enchantment Stone Selection Box (x3)
  • [Event] Legendary Engraved Manastone selection Box
  • Grade A Minium (x70)
  • [Event] Stigma Enchantment Stone (x3)
  • [Event] Daevanion Skill Selection Box (10 Types)
  • [Event] Special Transformation Contract (62 Types) (x3)

After 20 Days:

• [Event] Ultimate Enchantment Stone Selection Box
  • [Event] Legendary Enchantment Stone Selection Box (x5)
  • Engraved Ultimate Manastone Selection Box
  • Grade S Minium (x40)
  • Grade A Minium (x120)
  • [Event] Stigma Enchantment Stone (x5)
  • [Event] Special Transformation Contract (62 Types) (x5)

You can choose the prize, that's a total of 64 Impressive Gift boxes, or 14 Impressive and 50 Prime.

64 Free Daevanion Skill Selection boxes? Yes please.

If that is worthless to you what do you think the prizes should be.

58 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

Really? After 6 days:

• Grade A Minium (x70)

After 20 Days:

• Grade S Minium (x40)
  • Grade A Minium (x120)

You can choose the prize, that's a total of 64 Impressive Gift boxes, or 14 Impressive and 50 Prime.

Alright. I'll agree with you that Daeva skills aren't a bad touch to it. I personally skimmed through the part where it said you get to choose, so I will give them cudoos for that.

But this game has other things that need to be implemented as prizes.

1) New plat cubics. This patch's content is solely based on those cubics and without these bags, even the top elites can't enjoy some of the end game content.

2) Transformations. Not only do we have new legendary transformations out, but the transformation system has been out for 2 years? By now, each event should be giving chances of at least a few legendary xforms so people can be trying to get ult xforms

3) Stigma events. Not only should the rates be increased with these events, but +12 safe spot is needed. There is a reason why Koreans have +15 stigma sets.

These are just the 3 things off the top of my head that need more attention and implementation in events.

This seems a good event for the afkers which I dont have much complaints but long waiting time (in a day).

I hope we have events in near future like kumuki (I really miss this one), kromede revenge, shugo vault event etc. which are more fun than these type of events.

7 hours ago, ILoveChi-EK said:

Why not instead of making it a afk event where people have to stay logged in for 24 hours

As I understand it, you only get 1 egg per account and the tokens from the quests (which one assumes you have to actively complete like you are requesting) are enough to complete the event even if you skip entire days. Just because you have the ability to get rewarded for 24hr does not mean it is mandatory. As far as I can tell, anyone who afks for 24hr will get the same rewards as people who don't, they'll just get them slightly faster.

there is people who are so bored on the game and will example go to the opposite factions outpost in Lakrum to just find people to pvp 

This is just the modern Shard Wars. It has always been the case in Aion that if you want to pick a fight, you go to neutral ground or enemy territory to provoke.

also i noticed this event is about 2 months long obviously that tells me that u guys the company are running out of ideas

Again, this seems to be to ensure that EVERYONE gets max rewards without no-lifing the event.

Everyone has such poor reading comprehension omg xD 

You only get one egg per account, and 10 tokens just for doing dailies and collecting free ones off the BCM- even if you squeezed all that into less than 2 hours of gameplay, it'd only take what, 42 days to get full rewards? Speaking of which, I'm glad Violeta is pointing out that the rewards are SELECTABLE 

6 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Really? After 6 days:

• Grade A Minium (x70)

After 20 Days:

• Grade S Minium (x40)
  • Grade A Minium (x120)

It's a good rewarding event that supplements usual gameplay- which is the best kind, imo. I'd rather play like normal and get some awesome goodies than full afk or spam event instances on every possible alt until my wrists give out. And the first legendary contract looks like a 1-in-3 chance of getting what you want, which is pretty sweet! Attack speed, cast speed, and hybrid- so my poor plate friends can finally have attack speed legendaries. Thank goodness <3 

Archived