Taking advantage of players in a hard time??

Fungie-DN

So we ask you guys for an event that we can actually do while people are stuck at home, not being able to work, some ppl losing their job, not able to go outside and you tell us we get one, right?

CANT EVEN PARTICIPATE W.O SPENDING MONEY! Like you know there are people who are not making any money atm, jobs closing and shutting down and you pull this stunt to try to get the rest of our money. So while ppl who usually do spend money on this game cant even spare any because of this situation, you are gonna make this event p2w only to those who still have their jobs or those who can still work rn which is only a small few. But no its fine because we get the snake event that has the same rewards like last patch... 

Honestly disappointed and disgusted by NCWest even thinking this was a good event.

And the sad part is, they keep banning and deleting posts from ppl that is just looking for answers. Too bad Ncsoft.. that's why game keep dying more and more.

5 minutes ago, Fungie-DN said:

So we ask you guys for an event that we can actually do while people are stuck at home, not being able to work, some ppl losing their job, not able to go outside and you tell us we get one, right?

CANT EVEN PARTICIPATE W.O SPENDING MONEY! Like you know there are people who are not making any money atm, jobs closing and shutting down and you pull this stunt to try to get the rest of our money. So while ppl who usually do spend money on this game cant even spare any because of this situation, you are gonna make this event p2w only to those who still have their jobs or those who can still work rn which is only a small few. But no its fine because we get the snake event that has the same rewards like last patch... 

Honestly disappointed and disgusted by NCWest even thinking this was a good event.

In a previously deleted thread, it was mentioned that this p2w event happened in Korea around the same time in their patch as ours now, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. There are plenty of events that we haven't gotten, or received very late- the Demaha Express event was obviously supposed to be an introduction to Demaha in 6.0 and we got it laughably late. So I think if we were going to get this p2w ulti transform event, it could have been at any time- and SHOULD have been postponed. Like, wait until compensation, bonuses, and stimulus packages have gone out and people are going back to work and are ready to splash some cash on things like Aion again. Introducing it now, when so many of us are stuck at home and out of work is just... it feels really tasteless, and bordering on malicious. "Disappointed and disgusted" is a good way to put it, Fungie. :( 

I was excited when they mentioned a supplementary event to Hungry Hatchlings last week because, as great as the rewards are, you are encouraged to stay signed in on your one toon as much as possible. Rather than another login (afk) event like Rainbow Snake, I was hoping for something more active. Kromede's Trial, Daeva Dash, Tia's Eye, and Shugo Tomb are popular requests, but I was thinking the Flower Festival would be a good option with April heralding in springtime and all. Rainbow Snake is famously unrewarding and unpopular, and should really be cycled out like Nightmare Circus at this point.

5 minutes ago, Haniya-DN said:

In a previously deleted thread, it was mentioned that this p2w event happened in Korea around the same time in their patch as ours now, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. There are plenty of events that we haven't gotten, or received very late- the Demaha Express event was obviously supposed to be an introduction to Demaha in 6.0 and we got it laughably late. So I think if we were going to get this p2w ulti transform event, it could have been at any time- and SHOULD have been postponed. Like, wait until compensation, bonuses, and stimulus packages have gone out and people are going back to work and are ready to splash some cash on things like Aion again. Introducing it now, when so many of us are stuck at home and out of work is just... it feels really tasteless, and bordering on malicious. "Disappointed and disgusted" is a good way to put it, Fungie. :( 

I was excited when they mentioned a supplementary event to Hungry Hatchlings last week because, as great as the rewards are, you are encouraged to stay signed in on your one toon as much as possible. Rather than another login (afk) event like Rainbow Snake, I was hoping for something more active. Kromede's Trial, Daeva Dash, Tia's Eye, and Shugo Tomb are popular requests, but I was thinking the Flower Festival would be a good option with April heralding in springtime and all. Rainbow Snake is famously unrewarding and unpopular, and should really be cycled out like Nightmare Circus at this point.

IT shows how much they care about their player base atm 

to be honest if you all are unhappy you dont have to spend any money on the game start a petition let your voice be heard. i stopped paying for prestige  recently simply because not only is it not worth it i play the game casually now due to the fact im not having the same kind of fun i used to have.

1 minute ago, Steefy-DN said:

IT shows how much they care about their player base atm 

they absolutely don't care even songs have said they dont care about us

17 minutes ago, Lucimon-DN said:

@Cyan is working super hard to cover his tracks as community manager at the moment.   Please be patient while we wait for all threads that show a disliking to NCSoft's performance to get deleted.  So far over 17 new threads have been deleted and 1 locked lol

And lets Just say that there is still post that has link for one hacking program sites for Aion that is up for like weeks and they did not care to delete that... Like wtf is going on

People are getting sick and dying and need to be holding onto their cash, and it is bad taste to put these event on which will jeopardise the physical and mental well being of your players.
Do the responsible thing and that is to remove this event and not have it for atleast 6 months. People have to be thinking about food, beverages, rent, bills, e.t.c.

Personally I have seen some people say this is not the right time for this event which is true but I'll add there isn't any time for this event to be right. It's just utterly disgusting. It's basically for lack of a better term "Making the rich, even more richer and leaving the poor, poor". With all the mechanics in this game giving people who spend to no end a huge advantage on others, creating this event is not going to help the majority of the population who do not spend any money making them eventually leave the game and making the servers even more empty if that's possible at this point. How long do you think people will stay after continuously getting destroyed in pvp and in pve because a lot of the instances you have to traverse through open world past many of those same people camping those instance before they have had enough and quit this game. We need events that help ""everyone" not just a select few.

5 hours ago, MechEagIe-DN said:

People play aion for 10 years!

c9GhrWd.jpg

I've been here since launch and I have NEVER seen a game and company **** up repeatedly so many times. I have never seen them kill a game so swiftly all the while ignoring their consumers and community. Even SWG wasn't this bad.

Ya'll. . .

Why are you still here?  Please, as someone who used to be just as miserable while at the same time hopelessly ambivalent that NCwest would return this game to some semblance of decency, just please quit.  Leave this hot steaming wreck of crap.  Stop supporting these people who clearly care nothing about their jobs or player base most especially during this period of awfulness.  

If you really can't let this wreck die in pieces, go find yourselves a private server that doesn't have atrocious ping.  There are better private servers than NA Aion.  

Getting banned for 24hrs for doing absolutely nothing wrong was the best thing NCsoft did for me.  Been playing this game off and on for the get go, never even been banned for running my dumb a$$ mouth on LFG, which I would've taken and giggled over and been like, 'whatever,' but getting banned for their negligence when I wasn't even abusing?  Nu-uh.  Bye.  

I actually quit Aion altogether; there are better games out there.  No, I haven't found the PVP I like so much, but Warframe is okay and their developers actually give a few s h i t s about their game, unlike NCSoft.  The game isn't ruined by RNG mechanics, what few that exist are fine.  There's some grind but there's way more goodies along the way.  It feels like Christmas every day after the sadomasochism that is Aion.  I miss my people and the pvp and that's about it.  

2 hours ago, Shavera-DN said:

Ya'll. . .

Why are you still here?  Please, as someone who used to be just as miserable while at the same time hopelessly ambivalent that NCwest would return this game to some semblance of decency, just please quit.  Leave this hot steaming wreck of crap.  Stop supporting these people who clearly care nothing about their jobs or player base most especially during this period of awfulness.  

If you really can't let this wreck die in pieces, go find yourselves a private server that doesn't have atrocious ping.  There are better private servers than NA Aion.  

Getting banned for 24hrs for doing absolutely nothing wrong was the best thing NCsoft did for me.  Been playing this game off and on for the get go, never even been banned for running my dumb a$$ mouth on LFG, which I would've taken and giggled over and been like, 'whatever,' but getting banned for their negligence when I wasn't even abusing?  Nu-uh.  Bye.  

I actually quit Aion altogether; there are better games out there.  No, I haven't found the PVP I like so much, but Warframe is okay and their developers actually give a few s h i t s about their game, unlike NCSoft.  The game isn't ruined by RNG mechanics, what few that exist are fine.  There's some grind but there's way more goodies along the way.  It feels like Christmas every day after the sadomasochism that is Aion.  I miss my people and the pvp and that's about it.  

if you quit,  why are you even posting here? whey are you still here complaining?

(not to mention - getting advice from someone who was banned ..not in my recommended list - NOT to say that NC is perfect - but - your credibility is not the best..hmm)

1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

if you quit,  why are you even posting here? whey are you still here complaining?

(not to mention - getting advice from someone who was banned ..not in my recommended list - NOT to say that NC is perfect - but - your credibility is not the best..hmm)

There's nothing wrong quitting a game and staying at forums to see if things are going better,

NCsoft was banning people for using a VPN to reduce ping before... cant judge if a banned person in Aion US don't have a credibility

Also, NCsoft keep deleting everything you say whats wrong with their game..  they are silencing players for saying the truth, NCsoft is the one with no credibility here 

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

I've all but quit the game at this point and I still stick around to nyerk because I'm nyerking furious this company took a game I loved and have supported since the the day is launched and ruin it more and more with almost every patch. I absolutely -hate- the people that still defend this game and its more extreme changes because those are now the people the company is attempting to cater to at the expense of everything and everyone else. I want them to hear and acknowledge criticism, I want them to fix the glaring issues not just with the game but with their business model. I want the NA / Western team to actually REPRESENT us rather than barely communicating at all.

Aion is objectively a terrible game and objectively a terrible experience now but it doesn't have to be. That is the worst part. I gave 5.x a chance, I gave 6.x a chance. I've given 7.x a chance. Over and over and over for months at a time I try to give the game a chance and I only get disappointed every time. I think people like him and I reserve the right to criticize a game we used to love, one most of us used to pay monthly to even access. They've ruined it and they continue to ruin it.

56 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

I've all but quit the game at this point and I still stick around to nyerk because I'm nyerking furious this company took a game I loved and have supported since the the day is launched and ruin it more and more with almost every patch. I absolutely -hate- the people that still defend this game and its more extreme changes because those are now the people the company is attempting to cater to at the expense of everything and everyone else. I want them to hear and acknowledge criticism, I want them to fix the glaring issues not just with the game but with their business model. I want the NA / Western team to actually REPRESENT us rather than barely communicating at all.

Aion is objectively a terrible game and objectively a terrible experience now but it doesn't have to be. That is the worst part. I gave 5.x a chance, I gave 6.x a chance. I've given 7.x a chance. Over and over and over for months at a time I try to give the game a chance and I only get disappointed every time. I think people like him and I reserve the right to criticize a game we used to love, one most of us used to pay monthly to even access. They've ruined it and they continue to ruin it.

Well the games you play are your choice. Personally - I wouldn't  waste my time, resources or energy  playing a game I no longer like . Nor is it healthy sign to hate people who disagree with you.

If you're no longer active in the game- I wouldn't see why you would persist in criticisms- nor would that give you much credibility with NCSOft . Why not move on with your life.

Yeah let’s use Trump’s handout money for transformation contracts instead of using it for real life supplies like the President said to do.

NCsoft actually think, this event WILL make people make the tough decision to split their funds and end up with compromised immune systems, due to impaired nutrition and be more susceptible to the Coronavirus, which is ravaging Western countries the most. USA is already the worst hit and NCsoft you want to add your player base and their families to the tally because of some digital cards?

This is not a troll comment, it’s pretty serious.

9 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

You lack reading comprehension.  I keep up with a few friends of mine and I couldn't miss out on the tea that was going down on ya'll getting a P2W event during Corona.  

Half the server got banned from 24hrs to a couple weeks.  Plenty of legit players actually got banned but won't admit to it because they're embarrassed.  Anyone who would actually pull my logs would see that I didn't abuse squat.  Anyone that pulled my logs would see that up to the big bug I was spending luna aplenty on Evergale resets to keep up, because I was a filthy casual trying to be decent, and decent in Aion still requires an arm, leg and your sanity.  I've been playing this game since open beta, never been banned even for a chat offense, my credibility is just fine, thank you. 

This is my first and second post since October when I quit, so mostly I've just popped on to see the drama because Aion drama is the gift that keeps giving, but otherwise, no I'm not one of those Bitter Betty's who post nonstop that they've quit.  Sorry for coming here and defending ya'll and saying you have the right to be upset with this company and that the truth is that it's not getting any better and that I feel for ya'll feeling like you're stuck with this garbage.  Jeez.  

15 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Well the games you play are your choice. Personally - I wouldn't  waste my time, resources or energy  playing a game I no longer like . Nor is it healthy sign to hate people who disagree with you.

If you're no longer active in the game- I wouldn't see why you would persist in criticisms- nor would that give you much credibility with NCSOft . Why not move on with your life.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with despising P2W whales and people who think axing more than half the game (and removing content and maps with almost every major patch) is a positive change. These particular "focus groups" are a cancer to healthy, enjoyable games.

Archived