Forums

Taking advantage of players in a hard time??

Fungie-DN

4 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with despising P2W whales and people who think axing more than half the game (and removing content and maps with almost every major patch) is a positive change. These particular "focus groups" are a cancer to healthy, enjoyable games.

I can't imagine despising someone just because I disagree with them.. Imagine a community where everyone is like that..would be pretty toxic...if you aren't enjoying a game - why play it- find something that is worth your time.

22 hours ago, ErzaScarIet-DN said:

There's nothing wrong quitting a game and staying at forums to see if things are going better,

NCsoft was banning people for using a VPN to reduce ping before... cant judge if a banned person in Aion US don't have a credibility

Also, NCsoft keep deleting everything you say whats wrong with their game..  they are silencing players for saying the truth, NCsoft is the one with no credibility here 

FYI-  if anyone gets banned for using a ping reducer - which I'm aware has happened -  they had their account restored. As I said, no NCSoft isn't perfect but by and large- if someone is banned- there's a valid reason - no matter what they claim. Particularly if they start throwing around claims like "half the server did it and got banned " @Shavera-DN - no  - half the server was not banned.

If you want to see forum ban hammers- check Aion EU- I don't like to see posts deleted but NA is a LOT more lenient than EU and is moderated a lot less than it used to be.The "truth" is fine but a lot of forum posters can't separate civil discussions  from personal attacks.

17 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

If you want to see forum ban hammers- check Aion EU- I don't like to see posts deleted but NA is a LOT more lenient than EU and is moderated a lot less than it used to be.The "truth" is fine but a lot of forum posters can't separate civil discussions  from personal attacks.

Most of NA players got banned back during the old forum days no one bothered making a new accounts i think this may have lots to do with it.

On 4/2/2020 at 0:38 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Most of NA players got banned back during the old forum days no one bothered making a new accounts i think this may have lots to do with it.

What? Most NA players were not banned during the "old forum days". And of the very few players that actually were banned from the forums, most of -those- made new accounts to continue their tirades. 

NA is hugely more lenient than EU when it comes to allowing players to voice their displeasure on the forums. As long as you don't make personal attacks or use inappropriate language, you are free to say that everything to do with Aion sucks beans. Just don't put an f-word in front of that or comment on Cyan's hair style.

maybe ncsoft is starting to see it as we give y'all a great free game and all y'all ever do is cry and complain about how we go about and control our game and we want all the crying to stop. but its like ive said b4, just dont come on forums and post anything about anything and this way they will see how much y'all have grown cuz honestly the forums is not for complaints its for gamers to discuss game topics and not what ncsoft isnt doing or need to fix cuz they have ppl playing the game and these ppl know and im sure already reported found issues.

a sayig ive been saying since i was like a baby is NOT BECAUSE YOU COULD MEANS YOU SHOULD. think about both sides of that saying.

So since the definition of "banned" is used vague back to EC. (banning for EC..it was a suspension)

Is it a suspension as in restricted access or a banned account aka closed account?

This mob event just gives you more reason to afk. Nothing will change when l can run fm in 5 minutes and get a box on alts.

8 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

So since the definition of "banned" is used vague back to EC. (banning for EC..it was a suspension)

Is it a suspension as in restricted access or a banned account aka closed account?

This mob event just gives you more reason to afk. Nothing will change when l can run fm in 5 minutes and get a box on alts.

Some people got restrictions aka jail time for an xx amount of days. Those usually were the ones that either didn't abuse the system or they had enough luna to pay for the extra entries they did.

Others got a perma ban because not only they abused it a lot actively (like make 30 entries per day or something), but they also created chaos by intentionally kicking others who didn't want this, so they also get extra entries and make it look like everyone took advantage of it so nobody gets a ban, like throwing mad to everyone so everyone stinks. Little did they know IPs and MAC addresses are a thing so the GMs could see who was doing what just by seeing the log files. And of course the whole thing created a chaos that EC was closed for about 6months or something, so the people who lead the whole thing were those that got their phat a̶s̶s̶e̶s̶  cakes banned.

17 hours ago, Zombiex-DN said:

This rubish company you banned my friend just for complaining about the latest ridiculous events 

Banned how? From the game? From the forums? Temp or perma?

And when you say, "just for complaining" do you mean they posted something along the lines of "Damn.. this event sucks" or did they post something along the lines of "THIS F#$% EVENT F#$%ING SUX BL$% ME MOTHERF$%&ERS DIEDIEDIEDIE!"?

Having the facts would be helpful.

19 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Banned how? From the game? From the forums? Temp or perma?

And when you say, "just for complaining" do you mean they posted something along the lines of "Damn.. this event sucks" or did they post something along the lines of "THIS F#$% EVENT F#$%ING SUX BL$% ME MOTHERF$%&ERS DIEDIEDIEDIE!"?

Having the facts would be helpful.

they must have said something even worse because if Arkaida is still here and not banned after those posts full of curses and insults, then I am not sure what someone has to say to get a ban here.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:36 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

they must have said something even worse because if Arkaida is still here and not banned after those posts full of curses and insults, then I am not sure what someone has to say to get a ban here.

First, we don't know if Zombie was talking about a game ban or a forums ban. If it was a forums ban, we might not have seen the post. It could have been reported and removed before you or I saw it. There is a chance that Cyan saw it and removed it without a report, but that isn't likely. If it was in game, chances are neither of us saw it (because of server and race) and someone reported the person. They couldn't have been banned without someone reporting them.

It's disingenuous to ever say that someone was banned "just for complaining" about Aion. That doesn't happen. Ever. People do get banned, however, for using profanity. If they use it on the forums (and are reported), they get a temp ban from the forums. If they use it in game (and are reported), they get a temp ban from the game. 

So basically if someone gets banned "for complaining", they are actually banned for being stupid. It's very easy to complain about the game without dropping an f-bomb.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I wonder if it was the guy who posted that Cyan should die of COVID19. :/

That would do it!

Anyone that can't understand why someone like that was given a vacation from the forums should also be banned just to keep the rest of us away from their collective stupid.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I wonder if it was the guy who posted that Cyan should die of COVID19. :/

That was low-key bad. Why do people hate Cyan? He is not running the business, he is not owning the game. He is also as human as we are and we need to rememeber that all times.

He is probably not even participating in the decisions for the events or updates or nerfs, he probably is the middle man, the delivery man that gets shot.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

That would do it!

Anyone that can't understand why someone like that was given a vacation from the forums should also be banned just to keep the rest of us away from their collective stupid.

Not only in the forum, it has also happened in the game, a couple of weeks ago an idiot (and yes, I said it, there are things that have to be said) when we were in pvp outside the fort of lakrum, an asmo was saying to me that a member of my family should die from this virus,i took screenshots and reported him and since then, I havent seen him in the game.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:24 PM, Fungie-DN said:

So we ask you guys for an event that we can actually do while people are stuck at home, not being able to work, some ppl losing their job, not able to go outside and you tell us we get one, right?

CANT EVEN PARTICIPATE W.O SPENDING MONEY! Like you know there are people who are not making any money atm, jobs closing and shutting down and you pull this stunt to try to get the rest of our money. So while ppl who usually do spend money on this game cant even spare any because of this situation, you are gonna make this event p2w only to those who still have their jobs or those who can still work rn which is only a small few. But no its fine because we get the snake event that has the same rewards like last patch... 

Honestly disappointed and disgusted by NCWest even thinking this was a good event.

They just put up an event that made me laugh.  Get into a giant group and kill mobs.  1 person from the group gets a transform box every kajillion mobs killed. 

9 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That would do it!

Srsly. :/ That's just my guess on who would make the most sense to get a ban on the forums that I've seen in the last few days.

9 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

That was low-key bad. Why do people hate Cyan? He is not running the business, he is not owning the game. He is also as human as we are and we need to rememeber that all times.

He is probably not even participating in the decisions for the events or updates or nerfs, he probably is the middle man, the delivery man that gets shot.

Yeah. Pretty sure he's just the messenger. :( He's been getting attacked really badly lately for things that aren't his fault.

8 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Not only in the forum, it has also happened in the game, a couple of weeks ago an idiot (and yes, I said it, there are things that have to be said) when we were in pvp outside the fort of lakrum, an asmo was saying to me that a member of my family should die from this virus,i took screenshots and reported him and since then, I havent seen him in the game.

It's so pathetic. There are so many clever and amusing taunts a person can use in a game, and then there's telling someone/someone's family member to die/deserves to die in real life of a horrible, novel disease (or at all, frankly) is just an awe-inspiringly shitty, unoriginal thing to do over a video game. The person who told you that your family member should die from the virus is absolutely an idiot and should be called out as one. Hopefully Support did give them a timeout. People need to realize that that is not an okay behavior.

Like Arhangelos pointed out, people also need to remember that, not only is Cyan a human, the other players in the game are human on the other side of the pretty pixel avatars we run around as. Wishing IRL death on another human over some issue with a video game is...I can't even. Of all things. Why?

And, for once, I think most of us have something to bond over IRL. We're all being affected by the disease in some way. Is basic decency too much to ask for?

Let's play our games, have fun, and be cool to each other.

18 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

an asmo was saying to me that a member of my family should die from this virus

9 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The person who told you that your family member should die from the virus is absolutely an idiot and should be called out as one.

There are some lines you don't cross, and that is one of them. Absolutely disgusting.

23 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

If someone is getting personal with their insults or telling you your family should die horribly, just respond with the tried and true "Hde." It works every time.

If someone takes what happens in the game very personal, and starts to insult like what this person told me a couple of weeks ago, it is better not to respond, just take screenshots everytime this person says it and report the incident, just like i did, since that day, I didnt see this person again until the day I made my last post on this topic later at night during the siege, and since then this person has only limited himself to tell me the traditional noob when the asmos kill in zerg.

Archived