Returning player questions

xCarlx-KT

So as title implies i just returned to the game playing sw and my class feels really weak the stigma changes made my sw practicaly being unable to heal himself during battle and my my damage output is drastically decreased. Is it just me having terrible gear or the class is unplayable nowadays? Also i would like to know what manastones should i work on.

Songweaver actually received some buffs in our current patch. It's pretty strong right now and really fun to play!

11 hours ago, xCarlx-KT said:

the stigma changes made my sw practicaly being unable to heal himself during battle

Impassion does decrease your healing boost; this is true. You can do a few things to mitigate this. If you're by yourself and just need to heal yourself every now and then, just toggle off Impassion, heal yourself up, and then toggle it back on. If you're in a group trying to heal because there's no cleric/chanter, you can use Exultation. It's the blue stigma that gives healing boost. (Note, it will decrease your magic attack though.) Also, Hymn of Rejuvenation is now a group AOE heal over time. So if you don't mind losing your frog skill (and your group doesn't mind -- most groups expect songweavers to be dpsing, not healing), you can go hybrid spec and bring Hymn of Rejuvenation.

11 hours ago, xCarlx-KT said:

my damage output is drastically decreased

As I mentioned, songweavers actually received a lot of buffs to their damage recently! See this list below:

On 1/27/2020 at 11:01 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

So ignoring new +15 skills/stigmas/etc, I'm seeing the following changes from @TheSecretCowLeve-KT's list:

- Shock resist now gives 2000 instead of 1000 (buff)
- Refreshing Melody now also decreases cast time by 20% on top of the other things it already does (buff)
- Frog skill is no longer a charge skill, but it hits slightly less than the fully charged stage 3 old version (neutral)
- Freestyle no longer reduces the enemy's MR by 300 (nerf)
- Exultation stigma now gives 3000 HP instead of 2000 HP (buff)
- Impassion stigma now gives 2500 MA instead of 2000 MA (buff)
- Minstrel's Flair 2k DP skill now hits 20% harder than before (buff)
- Song of Ice now hits 10% harder than before (buff)
- Song of Fire also hits 10% harder than before (buff)
- Song of Earth, same thing, 10% harder (buff)
- Bright Stroke, same thing, 10% harder (buff)
- Bright Strike, same thing, 10% harder (buff)
- Treble Cleave hits 30% harder than before (buff)
- Hymn of Rejuvenation is now an AOE heal over time for the whole group instead of just 1 person (buff)
- Requiem (penguin group sleep) no longer gives the enemy 2000 additional magic defense when used (buff)

So out of 15 changes, only 1 of them is a nerf -- and it's on a stigma that a lot of people don't even use. I'm honestly seeing good changes for SW in 7.2, @MintyR-DN.

It is most likely that you do not have good gear which is why you think the class is crappy right now. I recommend you read this thread below. @AriaTheMelodious-DN has a lot of good advice about sw. I only play sw as an alt, so my advice might not be the best.

We need tips & guide for new or long-time returning players into Aion:

Topic: Armfusion

which is the best and wise way to combine two weapons now-a-days, considering Aion Patch 7.2-7.3?

for example combining a legendary PVE bow with a legendary PVP bow ?
i was trying to combine two PVE bow weapon but the stats are not stacking at all 
can we combine 7.0~7.3 weapons with older weapons (like patch 5.6~5.8 mysthical weapons?)

32 minutes ago, Jessika-DN said:

which is the best and wise way to combine two weapons now-a-days, considering Aion Patch 7.2-7.3?

i was trying to combine two PVE bow weapon but the stats are not stacking at all 
can we combine 7.0~7.3 weapons with older weapons (like patch 5.6~5.8 mysthical weapons?)

Well there are numerous posts like this since 6.0 came but they are under the rug because th new era of aion came like 1,5 years ago, if you search content that has the title 6.2 or something you will see. It is also better to see the youtube videos of the 6.2 (we never got 6.0, we went straight to 6.2) so you get the idea of what you missed the last 1,5 years of the new era of Aion and what changed and still applies now.

To your questions:

• No you cannot combine old items with new era items in general, anything old is compatible with old, anything knew is compatible with new.
    Example, old manastones can be socketed in old gear, but they are useless, new manastones can only be socketed in new items. Same for enchants, armsfusion, godstones etc.
    Example: godstones can still be socketed in old weapons, but old weapons are extremely weak next to new weapons so you are only missing offense

• In combining weapons the theory is identical to before 6.0 patch, you get 10% of the main attack stat of the armsfused weapon (the below one) to the top and you get anything that is in the optional stats except for doubles when it comes to pvp/pve attack and defense and also attack speed or casting speed.
    Example, if you have two pvp weapons combined, you only get the bigger number of pvp attack of the two, if one has 150 pvp attack and the other one has 170, you get the 170. Same to attack speed. But if you combine pvp weapon with pve weapon you get the bonus for both. But you can onyl enchant the top weapon so if the top weapon is pvp you can only upgrade the pvp bonus, so the pve bonus in the armsfused weapon is kinda useless since it is pretty basic at +0 and it gets a good boost if you take it to +15 (and in this case you cannot since it is a below weapon)

10 hours ago, Jessika-DN said:

This is an old armsfusion post I did, it is for older gear since it was made in 2018 but it kinda explains everything for today as well. The theory didn't change, only some things changed, like we no longer have conditioning and augmenting of items (the old items still have them but are useless as stated)

the general overhaul drop rate settings and porcentage are little bit better than gameforge servers, 

or has n.a. servers a slice worse drop rate table settings than gameforge has?

(considering the wide server configuration, not including any drop rate events nor buffs in this calculation)

• 3 weeks later...

CLERIC CHANTER SONGWEAVER

good to see a new group 'heal' class

even though even though not many have a clue what 'heals' actually is

i am amazed by the lack of knowledge of the class skills even after almost 12 years of class information being available 

and this game is only playable if you know people and go to instances which does not guarantee staying alive

Archived