Duo of same type of gear a mistake?

GenericUser9577

hello! 

justa a fast question , how the drops work in endgame? we started playing and created a combo of cleric chanter but wondering if this is a mistake since we are going to fight for drops? 

so my questions is if we duo a dungeon : drops are loot that need to be rolled? or every1 gets a box? that gear on the box is tradeable? 

just want to duo as far as we can go and then go to 6 man , and dunno if cleric+chanter will be taken (since on 6 dungeons u just need 1 healer?)

would be better to roll a dps + cleric? 

any help appreciated ^^

Equipment drops have to be rolled, so Sorcerers, Spiritmasters, and Bards compete for the same equipment.

Normally chanter uses physical equipment and clerics use magical equipment.

But Blessing of Wind include powerful additional wind damage that is affected by the Magic Attack stat, so chanter can take advantage of a magic attack set too.

2 hours ago, Warllax-KT said:

we started playing and created a combo of cleric chanter but wondering if this is a mistake since we are going to fight for drops?

You won't be rolling on the same gear. Clerics use "mystic" (magic) gear whereas chanters use physical gear (no "mystic" in the title).

so my questions is if we duo a dungeon : drops are loot that need to be rolled? or every1 gets a box? that gear on the box is tradeable? 

In low levels, everyone gets a box of loot. At endgame, it varies from instance to instance, but for the most part, it will be random piece(s) of gear that must be rolled by the whole group. However, if it's a cleric piece, no one is going to roll on it except the cleric unless there's an nyerk ninja looter in the group.

just want to duo as far as we can go and then go to 6 man , and dunno if cleric+chanter will be taken (since on 6 dungeons u just need 1 healer?)

Cleric + chanter is almost always taken. There may be a few exceptions to that, like if a group needs a lot of dps to finish PFHM, so they only take a chanter for healing so they can have 5 pure dps classes plus extra dps and buffs from the chanter. But for the most part, cleric + chanter is fine. Even if only the cleric needs to be healing, the chanter can still be dpsing. Or vice versa if the chanter wants to heal and the cleric goes dps spec.

she wanted to roll cleric , and i wanted chanter (it was my main baaaaaaack then) , so i can help her if need some help healing :D 

i see that we wont fight for gear (we despise that lol , we played other mmorpgs and we try to avoid that :D

i guess there is no combo to duo even "easy" mode dungeons? maybe if i roll glad? glad cleric? or chanter tank ftw! lol

55 minutes ago, Warllax-KT said:

i guess there is no combo to duo even "easy" mode dungeons? maybe if i roll glad? glad cleric? or chanter tank ftw! lol

Chanter & cleric is pretty decent combo for PvE (once geared clerics can do a lot of dps) and for PvP? damn that is immortal combo like they can go 2 v 10...

about instances there aren't that many options... you guys can go Duo, IDD (Infernal Drakenspire Depths) & PF  (Primeth Forge)

i don't think Stellin Laboratory Easy Mode can be done Duo yet,  and Normal Mode, and Primeth Forge Hard Mode are impossible.

Then you have BE and VT, both are Alliance instances so impossible to duo either.

So you guys only have 2 options PF and IDD.

Archived