Need help with L/R

Cheshire-KT

Hiya! I'll do my best to explain the ins and outs of trading loot rights.

First of all, this can only be done in group instances- for this post, let's just keep it to PF (Normal), IDD, Stellin (Easy and Normal), and FM. (Some people have tried to trade gear from BoS and it's like, oh dear. Very sweet to offer but we can't actually come in and take that drop!)

If there was an alt or other group members inside the instance and in range of the boss, everyone must PASS while rolling on the Ultimate piece. But if you were inside killing the boss by yourself, don't pick up the loot! No roll option will come up if you loot alone, and you can't trade the gear from one character to another if they weren't present for the boss's death.

Next, invite the alt/friend/customer who you want to get the Ultimate piece. IDD has a very very short timer so you'll want them to join the group and enter the instance as fast as they can- ideally have them waiting outside the instance ready to enter before the boss even dies. PF, Stellin, and FM on the other hand, have pretty long timers. A person can enter the instance and only loot the boss 15 minutes after it died. I really recommend having timestamps toggled on the appropriate chat window so you can keep track. Also, after 20 minutes, the boss's body will despawn entirely- so make sure to loot within that 5 minute window!

5 hours ago, Cheshire-KT said:

Can someone please explain to me in details how L/R works? Every time I try, it doesn't unlock and I am unable to loot on the other toon. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

If you go in FM (or any other instance) solo and an alt is keeping the group for you outside the instance and you want to loot right it to a 3rd character do this.

Kill the boss, open the loot and see if there is something you want to give to another char, if there is simply do not loot the ultimate item. Invite the 3rd character that you want to give it to him, and he gets in, he cannot loot the boss yet, but the boss will have its loots free for everyone after 10~13 minutes, so the character that wants to get the item, should keep trying to loot it, at some point he will get the item.

If you are in FM (or any other instance) with more than 1 people inside the boss, then make sure the loot is with roll, so you loot everything, including the item you want to ive, and when this item pop for rolling, you all hit "pass", this way the loot remains in the boss, do the same thing with the alt, invite him, get him in the boss, and start looting, he won't be able for the next 10~12 minutes, and eventually he will be able to get it.

You can not loot it in the group if you want and hit pass, you can even let the item there without lotting it first, but we have seen that this way the boss might open the loot for everyone later, it takes more time to get loot-free, so if you are solo ti is the only way, but if you have a 2nd character in there you can loot and hit pass.

To summarize:

You're alone in a group instance: do NOT pick up the loot, invite person who gets the item, wait 15 minutes and loot

You're in a group with other people: roll the item and everyone PASSES on it, invite person who gets the item, wait 15 minutes and loot

Also to add:

5 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

IDD has a very very short timer

Like IDD, the instance BE (Benirunerk's Estate) also only has a 5-minute timer. Not a lot of people are giving away loot from that instance yet, but just throwing that info out there.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I tried passing the loot and the boss disappeared before it even opened to loot from. I figured that other alt had to be in the group at the time or in range of the boss. I'll explain step by step what I did because maybe I made a mistake somewhere along the line. I applied to an FM group and we all went in and killed all mobs and the boss. Then we dropped a mystic chain which no one in our group could wear, so I logged my cleric real fast to get the drop. One of the members left the group, but the other one held the group so we didnt get kicked out. I added my cleric to the group and came to the boss. I then went to the item and we passed it, then I waited for the loot to open up so my cleric could loot it. But it just disappeared with the armor inside it, and never opened. It seems to be a common problem for me. Should I have not went to rolling for the item and passing it, maybe I was supposed to let it open on its own? I'm not sure what I did wrong. Is it better to duo the instance with an alt outside? 

1 minute ago, Cheshire-KT said:

I added my cleric to the group and came to the boss. I then went to the item and we passed it

Here is where the problem is. You need to roll and pass on the item while your ORIGINAL character is in group -- as in, right after the boss dies. THEN you switch to your new character, have someone from the group invite you, enter the instance and wait next to the boss for 15 minutes. It looks like you all waited until you were on your new character before you passed on the item. In that case, you actually passed on your new character; you told the instance that you did not want that loot. So next time, pass while you are on your original character BEFORE  you switch to the character actually getting the item and that should work. :)

I was on the original character when I passed it but my alt was in the group next to me, which didnt get a pass or roll option. One person had left the group, so I could add in my alt. But when my original character passed wasn't right after the boss had died but about 5 mins later, if that makes a difference. And my alt was there at the same time, I didnt log out my original because it was faster to load another client. So what I should have done instead is pass the item on my original character BEFORE bringing my alt to the boss spot? And then wait until the loot opens up for all? 

28 minutes ago, Cheshire-KT said:

So what I should have done instead is pass the item on my original character BEFORE bringing my alt to the boss spot?

You should have passed it before your alt was even in the group. Pass the item BEFORE logging your new character.

25 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

You should have passed it before your alt was even in the group. Pass the item BEFORE logging your new character.

Okay thanks, I will definitely try that next time. 

6 minutes ago, ykcuL-DN said:

just make sure you pass the item quickly, it takes 15minutes for monsters to open globally and 5minutes for chests, both will disappear within a minute or 2 after opening globally.

Thanks for the tip, so I will pay close attention on my alt to see when it opens. 

12 hours ago, Cheshire-KT said:

I was on the original character when I passed it but my alt was in the group next to me, which didnt get a pass or roll option.

When you want to loot the boss for the item and then hit pass, you do it right when the boss dies with everyone that was present in the killing right there with you so they also get the window and hit pass.

What you did is that one of the people that had looting abilities and was present in killing, was out of the group and away (or out of the game completely) and this somehow screwed the rolling thing for him.

Archived