Weekly Server Maintenance - May 6, 2020

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, May 6, 2020 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 13:00 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance.
  • The Hungry Hatchlings event will continue until May 27.
  • Lost Ring Event will continue for one more week.
  • The Winds of Change event will continue until May 27.
  • Manastone Mayhem will continue until May 27.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

45tirhnsalw41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a LFkVpI1ZGWMaLgaiGE0JFRrZipQW24hm5Wz4JCWk er3jweuprfw41.jpg

29 minutes ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, May 6, 2020 from 6:00 a.m. CDT / 13:00 CEST. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance.
  • The Hungry Hatchlings event will continue until May 27.
  • Lost Ring Event will continue for one more week.
  • The Winds of Change event will continue until May 27.
  • Manastone Mayhem will continue until May 27.

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week

Cyan it’s already May and we are missing rewards for February, March and April for arena of Discipline. A fix needs to come in, this is simply unacceptable and NCsoft has fixed harder things on much shorter time frame.
If you cannot get a fix for NCsoft Korea, then someone at NCwest needs to manually give out rewards for each character.
Compile the top 1000 for each month and reward Luna. If that’s too hard you may just need to reward every character who has say over 2010 points 400 Luna, 2020 points 600 Luna, 2030 points 800 Luna and so on for example. What you cannot do is keep the community waiting for a possible response from you every Wednesday. You cannot leave us in the dark.

The winds of change weapon drops are so stupid certain weapons such as guns, cannons, tomes, orbs, swords and daggers are common and other such a chromo blasters no one has seen drop in FM are super rare. Except one which I saw dropped in BOS and the player couldn't use as it wasn't for his or her class.

Shouldn't the same amount of weapon drop for each class? Why is there biases even in a game? Is it really that hard to make things fair? Drops rates are crap already for weapon drops, that I don't even care about just fix it so every class has an equal chance of getting a weapon.

Or is this asking for to much?

31 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Cyan it’s already May and we are missing rewards for February, March and April for arena of Discipline. A fix needs to come in, this is simply unacceptable and NCsoft has fixed harder things on much shorter time frame.
If you cannot get a fix for NCsoft Korea, then someone at NCwest needs to manually give out rewards for each character.
Compile the top 1000 for each month and reward Luna. If that’s too hard you may just need to reward every character who has say over 2010 points 400 Luna, 2020 points 600 Luna, 2030 points 800 Luna and so on for example. What you cannot do is keep the community waiting for a possible response from you every Wednesday. You cannot leave us in the dark.

Imagine all the FM we could be running :(

45 minutes ago, Apollo-DN said:

The winds of change weapon drops are so stupid certain weapons such as guns, cannons, tomes, orbs, swords and daggers are common and other such a chromo blasters no one has seen drop in FM are super rare. Except one which I saw dropped in BOS and the player couldn't use as it wasn't for his or her class.

Shouldn't the same amount of weapon drop for each class? Why is there biases even in a game? Is it really that hard to make things fair? Drops rates are crap already for weapon drops, that I don't even care about just fix it so every class has an equal chance of getting a weapon.

I got 5 ults in my ranger, none that I can use.. aethertech, chanter, cleric, Vandal..

3 hours ago, Apollo-DN said:

Really. I have run easily over 30 (that's a conservative estimate) FM and BOS runs and not seen a single gun, cannon, tome, orb nor a single cloth armor. NONE. ZIP. ZERO.

I have never even seen legendary cloth in those runs, let alone ultimate, although I did seen a legendary cannon once. I did see ONE sword and ONE dagger. I've seen ultimate leather, chain and plate- but very rarely.

By the way- asking for "equal for each class" isn't even that easy when you consider that more than one class can use the same weapon . Only a  few classes are lucky enough not to compete - such as (but not limited to)  songweavers - so it's not so simple as saying - make harps drop just as often as - let's say- tomes- that both sorcs and SMs would use.

By the way- I would say that BOS should be fixed so that the drops can be used by the class that enters. The event is stupid right now, the way that it's designed. It hardly benefits anyone, even NCSoft- if it was designed that way, their BCM sales would increase due to resets. Oh well- another lose-lose design decision.

@Cyan
Is it possible for the drop rate of Ultimate Gear and Weapons items to be increased in Frozen Monolith and Bastion of Souls? They are verrrry rare and I imagined this event was suppose to help returning players or new ones catch up near par with the rest of the veteran community to prepare for the next patch.
Also, what is the deal with Bastion of Souls' ultimate drops being random and not class-specific? It's a solo instance and there is NO way to share it with other players, if we're even that lucky to acquire the drops at all.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Really. I have run easily over 30 (that's a conservative estimate) FM and BOS runs and not seen a single gun, cannon, tome, orb nor a single cloth armor. NONE. ZIP. ZERO.

I have never even seen legendary cloth in those runs, let alone ultimate, although I did seen a legendary cannon once. I did see ONE sword and ONE dagger. I've seen ultimate leather, chain and plate- but very rarely.

By the way- asking for "equal for each class" isn't even that easy when you consider that more than one class can use the same weapon . Only a  few classes are lucky enough not to compete - such as (but not limited to)  songweavers - so it's not so simple as saying - make harps drop just as often as - let's say- tomes- that both sorcs and SMs would use.

Lol me too, I have seen plenty of light and chain drops, but cloth is nowhere to be seen.

Also imagine mystic cloth is the only set type in the game that is needed by three classes while the majority of the rest are either for 1 or max 2.

Plate Mystic: AT only
Leather Mystic: Gunner only
Chain mystic: Cleric only
Chain physical: Chanter only
Cloth physical: Vandal only

Plate physical: templar, gladiator
Leather physical: archer, sin

Cloth mystic: Sorcerer, SM, SW

...and it might be placebo but getting cloth mystic drop seems to have the worst chances, at least of what I noticed. So far I have purchased all my cloth drop and they are usually more expensive than other items because people are making a bidding type of LFG sales, they accept offers for like 5~10 minutes and whoever gets the highest wins.

@Cyan CYAN THE COMMUNTIY WOULD REALLY LIKE YOU TO LOOK INTO DROP TABLE RATES!

Basically I ran 6 characters this week all cd on BOS and FM and got 1 red for my class's….no one is actually getting the items they need cyan!

Everyone is actually getting items they don't need and the entire point of giving us red drop's are going straight to the rubbish bag and our weekly kinah sales!

The only way these drop rates are any good whatsoever for our server is if they where permanent!

If they are not permanent then they should be more class based and we should be getting the pieces we need for our class's!

@Cyan CYAN WE REALLY DESPERATELY NEED PVE WEAPON DROPS PERMANENTLY! PLEASE HELP US!

And at this point I had to loot-right purchase all my items, only the helmet is missing from my armor set. But they could change the event the last week, make it so a box drops, and whoever wins the bid to it can open a sure class base item.

I also never saw anyone looting a Spellbook, unless people got it while I was offline. I've seen people looting all kinds of weapons.

YES ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET PVE GEAR PLS HELP US @Cyan

I got 1 GS from 6 toons from FM....I got a cipher blade and a lot of plate and chain from bos! most people who are getting weapons are getting them from drops in bos and not for their class! a couple people in FM are getting weapons but not for their class and they are being sold for record highs on lfg!

all reds I got on 6 toons I sold 2 to lfg, 1 was actually for a class I needed and the rest got sold to my bag for kinah because from bos and not for my class!

I love how people can nyerk and be so unappreciative about gear events. You have 2 weeks to get full gear and weapon, you have legion mates who can also run FM and help you get geared. I ran FM and BOS total of 14 times and only gotten 2 ultimate drops. So what? got 2 more weeks for the event. Polearm drops are also VERY low.

You keep complaining about gear events they'll stop giving them. It's a random chance. not guaranteed ultimate. Gear you legion mates while you can.

- Tizinabet-DN

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Also imagine mystic cloth is the only set type in the game that is needed by three classes while the majority of the rest are either for 1 or max 2.

Plate Mystic: AT only
Leather Mystic: Gunner only
Chain mystic: Cleric only
Chain physical: Chanter only
Cloth physical: Vandal only

Plate physical: templar, gladiator
Leather physical: archer, sin

Cloth mystic: Sorcerer, SM, SW

THIS!!!

Some classes have exclusive gear while others....  (cant complete the setence without using improper vocabulary)

Cant understand also why  Glads can use so many weapons  (even Bows)  while  others ...

Why Aion developers dont balance the things once for all ??   

they had that opportunity so many times.

I'm pretty sure every physical class can use a bow. I've been using a bow since 2.5 flying in the abyss. very effective for PVP if you know how to use it properly without skills. Why is everyone complaining on the post? appreciate the gear event. PF and IDD don't even drop weapons.

Remember that great loot rule 1 pass 5 so everyone can get a chance to disenchant ancient gear? now it's free for all on d/e gear telling the party members idc if you didnt win the roll i won 3 times so ty for coming but oh well ur leaving the instance with nothing. is that right for ppl to run these instances and leave with nothing?

Archived