Farewell Daevas!

Cyan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

Sad too the Cyan being laid off, now this project is doomed, considering the fact that no one will be replacing Cyan.

Maybe Gideon or Hime will be stepping into (if they were not cut as well), which might have negative impact IMHO.

Cyan wasn't laid off. Like many people throughout history, he got a new job and so he had to leave this one. No drama. Just a quite ordinary changing of jobs. 

While Cyan will certainly be missed, his leaving isn't going to change things all that much for us. NCWest has one employee who works entirely on Aion. That person is still in their position. Cyan, like all the CMs at NCWest, was a shared commodity. He spent part of his days with Aion and part with the other NCWest titles. If they don't hire someone to replace him right away (or ever), one of the other CMs under Hime (or Hime herself) will spend part of their days with Aion. It's true that that person may not know a lot about Aion and in the past I would have encouraged them to step into Aion and play a bit, but we all remember what happened to Cyan when he decided to give Aion a whirl as a player. (And I bet we all still have our pitchforks and tinfoil hats!) So... best that they just check the forums now and again, take notes and give those notes to Gideon who will.. do what GIdeon does.

Oh. Sad news for what's left of the community. I hope, your new pastures are much greener and cyaner - you sure deserve it. Thank you for your patience, dedication, understanding the game and the needs of players and, of course, the weekly maintenance pics! :x

now all i see on forums are the butt kissers that was like yo cyan what the hell man i cant believe you guys didnt do this didnt do that and now its oh no cyan got fired and i will miss you and all this false bs. fake sentiments is all these post are about. lets see who will be first to kiss the new GM's ass, Aly.

cyan, go work for ff14, best community like ever.

So... at this point a russian private server probably has like 3 times the number of people supporting it xD even tho they don't even need to do patch updates and don't get paid.

Fun stuff.

Just one final request:

The last one to leave NC Soft please lock the door and leave the server password in the forums for future reference :)

Thanks! ^^

(No, really it's BEYOND me how people support, maintain and balance a game without never even touching it)

(It's like flying a spaceship without knowing what any of the buttons do)

I wonder what his new job is - hopefully it's not something at NASA - cause then you'll land on the moon a whole year after KR and EU.

4 hours ago, Valkarie-DN said:

now all i see on forums are the butt kissers that was like yo cyan what the hell man i cant believe you guys didnt do this didnt do that and now its oh no cyan got fired and i will miss you and all this false bs. fake sentiments is all these post are about. lets see who will be first to kiss the new GM's ass, Aly.

cyan, go work for ff14, best community like ever.

I don't think that complaining about the state of the game to the only person we had contact with (i.e. Cyan) prevents us from missing that person when they leave the game. It's not Cyan's fault that the game is in the state that it is in. He was just one of the community managers. He communicates with players. He didn't develop or manage the game. Sure. People often expressed their frustration at him, but I think most people realized that he didn't have the authority to make any of the changes that we wanted. All he could do is communicate what we wanted to Gideon, the only person at NCWest that works exclusively on Aion.

As for "the new GM", I assume you mean CM that is tasked to listening to us. I honestly doubt we will get someone "new". Already we have seen Hime dealing with us, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the other CMs from the other NCWest titles adds us to their workload. I don't think they will hire someone new.

• Guest unpinned this topic

Archived