A returning Sorc needs help.

lHysteria-DN

After almost 5yrs of not playing, I really wanted to start up again. A LOT Has changed and I’m over the initial shock of being royally Nyrked, in terms of my gear. Now that being said, what’s the more favorable pvp and pve gear for a lvl 80 Sorc? (Also got to 80 from 50 in 1day. Insane. And yes I realize Sorc is the red headed stepchild in the Aion family, we’ve been neglected lol) Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Next week we are going to have an update, which will give us new pvp and pve gear, i wouldnt recomend you to get the gear we have now although still will be better than the new now it wont be much the difference between both gears, so i just recomendo you to wait for the update on may 27th. it will save you a lot of trouble

watch these videos so you have a better idea of what I'm saying, it's very well explained

We have an event right now that is very useful for new and returning players, as you may have noticed we no longer have cast and running scrolls, we have transformations instead of that, and with this event you might still have a chance and get a transformation suitable for sorc class, welcome back and good luck

57 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Next week we are going to have an update, which will give us new pvp and pve gear, i wouldnt recomend you to get the gear we have now although still will be better than the new now it wont be much the difference between both gears, so i just recomendo you to wait for the update on may 27th. it will save you a lot of trouble

watch these videos so you have a better idea of what I'm saying, it's very well explained

We have an event right now that is very useful for new and returning players, as you may have noticed we no longer have cast and running scrolls, we have transformations instead of that, and with this event you might still have a chance and get a transformation suitable for sorc class, welcome back and good luck

Thanks for the info! Guess I came back just in time lol but any recommendations as to gear I could use in the mean time? Seeing as we’ll need to farm for those titan coins.

11 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

with this event you might still have a chance and get a transformation suitable for sorc class, welcome back and good luck

What Vessttemona said is very important. Gear is completely unimportant (because we're getting a new patch soon) compared to a good transformation. This should be your top priority right now. Playing the game without at LEAST an ancient transform is unplayable. Right now, if you get going immediately, you will get a 100% free semi-selectable LEGENDARY transformation. No time to waste though because this event only lasts until next Wednesday, so you only have 5 days. Again, this is critical to gameplay and more important than a couple of armor pieces.

How to do it --

Go on the BCM and "buy" the Stormwing egg. It costs 0 coin, so it's a free purchase. Open this egg every single day and get a free gift out of it. But on top of the free daily gift, you need to stay logged into the game and do daily Lugbug missions to get the little blue "storm tokens" that go with the egg. You can also buy 3 FREE storm tokens on the BCM every day. Put something on your spacebar, stay logged in overnight, whatever you need to do. To get to level 3 (the level where you get the legendary transformation), you need 30 of those storm tokens. If you stay logged in at least 12 hours a day, you will have enough for the transformation in 2 days. You will need to talk to an npc in Demaha (by the stairs near the middle of the main city) in order to upgrade your Stormwing and get the level 2 and level 3 rewards.

Once you get the selectable box, there will be 3 types inside. Read each one before you open to make sure you get the right one out. They will list names on them to let you know what's inside.

Pure attack speed: Hamerun, Kromede, Mastarius

Pure cast speed: Viola, Veille, Bollvig

The "hybrid" box: Modor, Sheba, Frigida

If you're playing sorc, you will need to choose the box that has the cast speed transforms in it.

As a sorc, until you get a legendary transformation, you will be utterly miserable.

Not to mention, sorcs are at such a disadvantage, it really helps to have stigmas enchanted and deava skills enchanted as well, not to mention having good gear. The new release is also going to add  2 new items which will bring new skills.

I'm not saying this to discourage you but just to say that if you want to play both PVP and PVE and are more of a casual player, sorc may not be the best choice.

13 hours ago, 2sA01A0-DN said:

Thanks for the info! Guess I came back just in time lol but any recommendations as to gear I could use in the mean time? Seeing as we’ll need to farm for those titan coins.

There are some quests that will give you legendary pve gear, not the best ones but you wont feel like you are completly walking naked, just open you quest window (press J key) and follow the guide quests till you have all parts of accs and gear, is not hard to do them. But i would really focus first on getting the transformation contract, without a legendary transformation doesnt matter how good your gear is, you are going to get wiped out really easy

Archived