Why is this coming back?

Melodiosa-KT

When enchantment attempts fail, there is a chance the item will be destroyed.

So when the big update will be alive, when trying to enchant, we will have the chance that our item will be destroyed......how nice!

I lost so many items before and I was so upset that I almost left the game, why are they bringing back this again? AION is a game it should be fun to play, even if lately was not really that for me and now I know what to do. I do not need grief, especially from a "game". Games should be played to relax and enjoy, to forget the stress and what the real-life is even if only for a few hours.

Perhaps I have the wrong idea of what games are.

Ciao bella gente. :)

It was a core successful mechanic they added in the past to improve their game obviously...Or they are just seeing what they can get away with. This gear was also originally meant to be infinitely enchanted as well before they capped it at 15.

That only applies to a single set of gear (Paragon armor and weapon). All the other existing gear will work normally like now.

its extremely hard to enchant it so if you don't want to see your item destroyed, just don't enchant and save your resources for 8.0 patch lol maybe they will add something like omega+supps 100%  ? 

@Melodiosa-KT @Venka-KT I may be mistaken but as far as I can tell, this breakable gear will be ignored by the larger population of the game. It is supposedly hard to get (as are the enchantment materials) and the Dark Talon set is superior unless you can enchant the breakable set to +7-ish. You can watch a video of a player on a private server attempt to enchant 20x weapons to +5. I beleive he breaks 16 of them trying to do it.

This gear seems a bit like +15 stigmas; really really hard to do and almost no one will achieve it. Your hard-earned unbreakable PVP gear should still win you most fights for all of 7.5 :)

7 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Melodiosa-KT @Venka-KT I may be mistaken but as far as I can tell, this breakable gear will be ignored by the larger population of the game. It is supposedly hard to get (as are the enchantment materials) and the Dark Talon set is superior unless you can enchant the breakable set to +7-ish. You can watch a video of a player on a private server attempt to enchant 20x weapons to +5. I beleive he breaks 16 of them trying to do it.

This gear seems a bit like +15 stigmas; really really hard to do and almost no one will achieve it. Your hard-earned unbreakable PVP gear should still win you most fights for all of 7.5 :)

i my opinion this gear is far beyond in difficulty than stigmas +15.

take into consideration that this new gear can only be enchanted with a new type of stones, these enchantments can be morphed/exchanged using Ultimate stones and some extra materials. so this guy in the video used 263 Ultimate stones to get only seven pieces to +5 wich are still worse than a DarkTalon.

This should be clear to everyone,

NCsoft no longer cares about players having fun in their game,

The purpose of this gear is to get as much money out of the whales as possible

Just like everything else... I really miss the time when we had to enchant only our weapon i'm playing a private server waiting to NCsoft fix their game

8 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i my opinion this gear is far beyond in difficulty than stigmas +15.

take into consideration that this new gear can only be enchanted with a new type of stones, these enchantments can be morphed/exchanged using Ultimate stones and some extra materials. so this guy in the video used 263 Ultimate stones to get only seven pieces to +5 wich are still worse than a DarkTalon.

Exactly, he didnt' show how easy or difficult it is to enchant, he wanted to show that it is impossible in normal terms of playing. Nobody will have 250+ ultimate stones, exchange them into the new enchants and have 20 of these weapons laying around and start enchanting.

The chance to enchant is like 10% and if it fails (aka 90% chance) it has another 10% chance to break.

Imagine legendary enchants having about 50% chance to enchant a +10 item and people have been failing 20 legendaries in a row trying to enchant a +10 to +11.

(Also please don't show us the screenshot where you used 12 enchants to get a +15 ultimate item, you must have spend the night with a catholic priest that night, no other explanation)

In around 4.8, there were Daevanion equipment that were tempered (not enchanted), and tempering failure resulted in item destruction

Stigma enchantment were introduced in that patch too. There were no stigma enchantment stones, you could only enchant stigmas using a stigma stone of the same skill, and enchantment failure resulted in the destruction of both stigma stones.

Failed equipment enchantment on a master server resulted in destruction of the equipment.

7 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

In around 4.8, there were Daevanion equipment that were tempered (not enchanted), and tempering failure resulted in item destruction

Stigma enchantment were introduced in that patch too. There were no stigma enchantment stones, you could only enchant stigmas using a stigma stone of the same skill, and enchantment failure resulted in the destruction of both stigma stones.

Failed equipment enchantment on a master server resulted in destruction of the equipment.

Exactly, and this is why he is asking in the title "why is this coming back", because we had it and it sucked, they had it removed and now they re-implement all the things they supposedly "fixed" with the revamp of the game at 6.0

The new 7.5 equipment, except Infinity / Extreme / Paragon equipment, don't break upon enchantment failures

The upcoming 7.7 PvP equipment don't break upon enchantment failures

Odian / Gemstones and Runes grinding... Sorta, can still be used, just not enchanted anymore unless purified (Purification costs will keep going up - 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)

On 5/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, Melodiosa-KT said:

When enchantment attempts fail, there is a chance the item will be destroyed.

So when the big update will be alive, when trying to enchant, we will have the chance that our item will be destroyed......how nice!

I lost so many items before and I was so upset that I almost left the game, why are they bringing back this again? AION is a game it should be fun to play, even if lately was not really that for me and now I know what to do. I do not need grief, especially from a "game". Games should be played to relax and enjoy, to forget the stress and what the real-life is even if only for a few hours.

Perhaps I have the wrong idea of what games are.

Ciao bella gente. :)

I totally agree with you. I have thought the same a million times. They made it sound like they got rid of that feature in the game, only to bring it back. Games should be played to relax and enjoy, you're right.. and not have to be reminded of how bad real life is. This has no longer become a fun game to play, and if that is not bad enough you are pretty much forced to buy with "real money" in order to become any better in the game unless you want to take two years. Games are suppose to care about their players, but all NCsoft is about is the almighty dollar sign which people work hard for. And if it was only $15 a month to play like back in the day, that would be one thing but we are talking about THOUSANDS of dollars. This is not a game, this is a mortgage payment!

Archived