Server Lag on Danaria

Rag-DN

The server has a small constant lag where if you go to talk to any NPC you gotta wait about 5 to 10 seconds before dialog pops up... this is beyond freaking annoying. It's not just my client either, seeing lots of ppl in my legion plus LFG complain.  @Hime please PLEASE let whoever can fix this know asap! We want to play this new patch but this is just annoying and discouraging.

I cannot play Aion because of the excessive lag. In trying to complete the two Galkmaros Campaign quests, the lag was so fierce that I disconnected and had re-run all the way back to Silentera Eastgate and do the quest all over again, even though I was halfway finished. The NPC Cheska got stuck running in place and I had to backtrack to get her moving again. This excessive lag has been here since yesterday’s launch and it has not improved at all. If something is not done then the players will have no choice but the quit the game.

Logged in yesterday to check out the new patch and was excited for the BCM stigma event but I couldn't even talk to half the NPCs because of the lag, decided to just do Lunas instead...but then I couldn't even loot the tissue quest item off the last boss because of the lag. I'm not logging back in or buying Ncoin until it's fixed. 

Usually i play with 150-175ms with a ping reducer. Since patch 7.5 is live, i have 450-500ms with ping reducer and peak up to 4500ms!
I have talk with some friends and most have same latency than Usually, can be 25, 60 or 90 but ok for them. They are all located in the US.

If bad latency, some of us encounter, comes from the servers, we would all lag no?
Maybe a hint would be all ppl that lag were located outside USA? (which is my case) Then it would come from Internet route and traffic collection between US operator used by NCWest and our differents Internet provider.

Edit: I know you are talking about DN server here but KT server have the same problem.

1 hour ago, Salim-KT said:

If bad latency, some of us encounter, comes from the servers, we would all lag no?
Maybe a hint would be all ppl that lag were located outside USA?

I have lag like never before and i am located outside North American, indeed

@Hime  We're going on day 3 of the new patch and there still is major lag issues going on and almost 2 days since you said Loki was looking into it.

Also there are many bugged instances and NPCs like Minium Vault, Qubrinerk's Monster Cubic Lab, Shattered Abyssal Splinter, etc.

It'd be nice if you guys can give us an update on what's going on at least. A lot of players are getting very upset and rage logging. 

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

@Hime  We're going on day 3 of the new patch and there still is major lag issues going on and almost 2 days since you said Loki was looking into it.

Also there are many bugged instances and NPCs like Minium Vault, Qubrinerk's Monster Cubic Lab, Shattered Abyssal Splinter, etc.

It'd be nice if you guys can give us an update on what's going on at least. A lot of players are getting very upset and rage logging. 

Well this is just even more frustrating, originally I posted this a whole new topic/thread because I couldn't find this thread anywhere. Then some forum mod deleted the thread and moved it here...so obviously they are active but yet not replying to us... We need communication! 

24 minutes ago, 1s1A02E0-KT said:

I'm also outside the US and have horrible lag ever since the update. Any update? Hello? 

You're outside NA...playing  from NA here and really not experiencing any dramatic increase in lag with this patch. There is a minor increase but it's not impacting game-play at all. Really- major issues are NPCs that aren't available as they should be such as splinter.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

You're outside NA...playing  from NA here and really not experiencing any dramatic increase in lag with this patch. There is a minor increase but it's not impacting game-play at all. Really- major issues are NPCs that aren't available as they should be such as splinter.

I play outside USA too and I used to have 200~220 ping at worst without ping reduction, now it can jump all the way to 1000 or sometimes goes above 3000 (not as a lag spike, but continuously)

I left my character afk crafting in my estate, and due to lag he stopped by himself like 5 times, I went back to see what stage he is and he was standing there not crafting. I clicked craft all again and left him, then came back to client and saw he had crafted like 200 more items and then somehow lag made him stop. This happened many times, it sucks I have to be there and wait for him to craft 4000 pieces.

Hi guys!

I was struggling with lag spikes as well these past 3 days (since patch) I was having between 800 and 1500ms. Yesterday I installed Wtfast and magically my ping went down to 175ms stable. I wish i would have done this 3 days ago but now I can play again! 

I'm playing from Latin america, and this problem is just game-braeaking. Like, me and my friends were getting 1M of lag spikes from time to time. It just makes the game unplayable.

The "best" scenario for us is when the ping decides to stay at a 3 digit number...

The lag seems proportional to the number of players logged on. In other words it's really bad for about 20hours a day, then around 10am GMT it gets better for a few hours, not good, just a bit better down from 20-30sec to 1sec.

43 minutes ago, Cyfur-EK said:

The lag seems proportional to the number of players logged on. In other words it's really bad for about 20hours a day, then around 10am GMT it gets better for a few hours, not good, just a bit better down from 20-30sec to 1sec.

Today I couldn't move in Gelkmaros, when I entered EC and AD the lag was gone, it was back to normal ping for me. They must have done something to the game servers for sure. Because instanced servers are not affected.

I work in IT, specifically server and WAN routing.

The problem should be easy identify, if none of the servers are overloaded/out of RAM or link saturated, and the external world link still have headroom, then the next most obvious thing is some networking rule is throttling a class of users, either by geography, or some other rule. This will not show in general traffic graphs, but the pipe allocated to the class of users will be saturated at certain busy hours.

Easy to test, disable any traffic shaping rules to the servers and see if the problem goes away,

13 hours ago, Cyfur-EK said:

I work in IT, specifically server and WAN routing.

The problem should be easy identify, if none of the servers are overloaded/out of RAM or link saturated, and the external world link still have headroom, then the next most obvious thing is some networking rule is throttling a class of users, either by geography, or some other rule. This will not show in general traffic graphs, but the pipe allocated to the class of users will be saturated at certain busy hours.

Easy to test, disable any traffic shaping rules to the servers and see if the problem goes away,

I couldn't walk in Gelkmaros, I entered EC and AD and inside the battleground servers I had the normal ping and I didn't lag at all.

So this has something to do with the main servers obviously. Inside Evergale I felt like I had a ping reduction service on (although I didn't) when I finished Ec and went back to normal server, I had like 2~3 seconds ping.

Archived