Jump to content
Rag-DN

Server Lag on Danaria

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Cyfur-EK said:

I work in IT, specifically server and WAN routing.

The problem should be easy identify, if none of the servers are overloaded/out of RAM or link saturated, and the external world link still have headroom, then the next most obvious thing is some networking rule is throttling a class of users, either by geography, or some other rule. This will not show in general traffic graphs, but the pipe allocated to the class of users will be saturated at certain busy hours.

 

Easy to test, disable any traffic shaping rules to the servers and see if the problem goes away,

I couldn't walk in Gelkmaros, I entered EC and AD and inside the battleground servers I had the normal ping and I didn't lag at all.

So this has something to do with the main servers obviously. Inside Evergale I felt like I had a ping reduction service on (although I didn't) when I finished Ec and went back to normal server, I had like 2~3 seconds ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious- is this lag EVER going to be resolved? I'm outside north America, but I started this game outside the US (Korea) 5ish years ago on a 2010 potato laptop with the cheapest KT broadband.

Today, I'm still outside the states in a new country but on gaming rig with an Intel Core i7-8750H 11., NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q (8GB GDDR5) 17 and  32GB of DDR4. . . . And I'm on flipping FIBER with 1000-1200 Mbps. And. . . . 

I.Can.NOT.Play.At.All.Because.Of.Lag.

No joke- I will pause for 4-5 seconds on each skill, I rubberband so hard that I can barely move around any map. Oh yeah- And I'm online when Y'ALL are in bed! NO ONE IS AROUND. So why has Aion become so broken and will it ever get fixed?

And is anyone even reading these posts? Are the mods dead? I get that the mods can't wave a wand and fix the Aion servers, but any reply/update after a 4-5 days of silence would be really fantastic . . . someday. Anyday. That would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 1s1A02E0-KT said:

Just curious- is this lag EVER going to be resolved? I'm outside north America, but I started this game outside the US (Korea) 5ish years ago on a 2010 potato laptop with the cheapest KT broadband.

Today, I'm still outside the states in a new country but on gaming rig with an Intel Core i7-8750H 11., NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q (8GB GDDR5) 17 and  32GB of DDR4. . . . And I'm on flipping FIBER with 1000-1200 Mbps. And. . . . 

I.Can.NOT.Play.At.All.Because.Of.Lag.

No joke- I will pause for 4-5 seconds on each skill, I rubberband so hard that I can barely move around any map. Oh yeah- And I'm online when Y'ALL are in bed! NO ONE IS AROUND. So why has Aion become so broken and will it ever get fixed?

And is anyone even reading these posts? Are the mods dead? I get that the mods can't wave a wand and fix the Aion servers, but any reply/update after a 4-5 days of silence would be really fantastic . . . someday. Anyday. That would be great. 

They most likely changed something in their provider or servers because this came with 7.5. But do not expect them to ever admit it or change it back.

Notice how inside EC or AD/ID you most likely won't lag at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hallo-DN   
Posted (edited)

For some reason, the lag comes sometimes to Pandemonium as well even its not really crowded for me but I dont get any lag in instances like dredge or EC, weird.

Hope this lag will be fixed soon because I want to do IDD and PF hard mode but dont want to be heavy carry to anyone with my client stopping me every few min.

I checked Lakrum and Demeha too, so far not really lagging there.

Edited by Hallo-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PvP instances do not lag because apparently they are in separate servers. Everything else lags, including the interserver maps.

This has nothing to do with crowded areas, the server is the problem, when the hour is slow and not many people are logged, this can ease the extreme lag people have (especially those outside USA), but crowded areas vs non crowded areas have exactly the same lag because they are hosted in the same server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hallo-DN   

I think this game is impossible now to play without some ping reducer program because my ping is horrendous without one after this patch(before 7.5 I could get away with it since my ping was stable). I still get very big lag spikes now and then thou.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 9:01 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

PvP instances do not lag because apparently they are in separate servers. Everything else lags, including the interserver maps.

This has nothing to do with crowded areas, the server is the problem, when the hour is slow and not many people are logged, this can ease the extreme lag people have (especially those outside USA), but crowded areas vs non crowded areas have exactly the same lag because they are hosted in the same server.

It's got nothing to do with the servers, because several people have reported that changing to a proxy service like Fastping makes the problem go away instantly. All the proxy service does is change the Internet path used to get to the Aion servers. So it's a communications problem, not a server problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cyfur-EK said:

It's got nothing to do with the servers, because several people have reported that changing to a proxy service like Fastping makes the problem go away instantly. All the proxy service does is change the Internet path used to get to the Aion servers. So it's a communications problem, not a server problem.

And without any ping reduction service or proxy the instance servers do not lag at all. I know because I play outside USA, in EC/ AD/ ID I had the typical 170~200 ping while in gelkmaros I had 2000~3000. And yes RTL and proxy fixed the problem for me. so they probably did something to their ISP probably to battle foreign IPs to fight bots again I guess, and they ended up ruining the game of the actual players, botters already use proxies to hide their places or their IPs and hide the fact there might be 1000 accounts logging from one IP only..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

And without any ping reduction service or proxy the instance servers do not lag at all. I know because I play outside USA, in EC/ AD/ ID I had the typical 170~200 ping while in gelkmaros I had 2000~3000. And yes RTL and proxy fixed the problem for me. so they probably did something to their ISP probably to battle foreign IPs to fight bots again I guess, and they ended up ruining the game of the actual players, botters already use proxies to hide their places or their IPs and hide the fact there might be 1000 accounts logging from one IP only..

Yet when I go in instances the lag sucks, and causes disconnects.

I am in the Contaminate Underpath atm and the /ping is unplayable, doesn't even return a result before I get disconnected, 3 times in 5min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Altar of Ascension is one of the worst places where I lag (aside from siege ofc). Idk what it is about that instance, but the server lag in there is terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cyfur-EK said:

Yet when I go in instances the lag sucks, and causes disconnects.

I am in the Contaminate Underpath atm and the /ping is unplayable, doesn't even return a result before I get disconnected, 3 times in 5min.

Contaminated Underpath is luna daily right? That is not a pvp instance server. Also the shared maps are not in the same instanced servers as the pvp ones.

EC/ AD/ ID/ IB, these didnt' lag at all for me without ping reduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×