• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positive points:
-The world bosses loot are decent
-The legendary transformations are cool
-The fame system seems cool

Negative points:
-Splited maps are always a flop, looks like NCsoft didnt learn anything with Enshar and Norsvald.
-There is too much pve, and boring pve the one that doesnt give u any chalenge. I feel like boting around all day long.

-There is a huuuuuge difference between p2w players and the massive new coming and free ones.

-The stigmas enchantment rate to +9 is increadible low. +9 stigmas nowadays are very basic, they are essential, like potions.

-Talking about potions where is the Abyssal Splinter?
-The damage is insane, it looks like aion lost that enjoyable pvp, its more about get the target and simple explode it. The defense and heals doesnt handle the dmg at all.

-The Gelk/Ingg sieges will be more like dps run, since its gonna reset asmos are taking gelk and elyos ingg every siege. About pradeth and silona looks like a good idea, but I wanna get rewards from siege and not spend to simply being in there.
-My friends are already checking another games to play =/

No im not a fan as of yet! a couple of things ive noticed from Day 1......

Some items Post 7.5 are now obsolete even though with the new update they are exactly the same thing!

SIS is nowhere to be seen!

As a SM player we are yet again neglected and are only given a tiny defense upgrade where most characters have an attack stat upgrade?!

No surprise here but another 'event' is labeled as an event where its actually a pay to win (credit card) sham! Ive tried and my friends its another big payout to NC only to fail..... just think about it!

NC creating confusing with the non PVP/PVE items..... i dont know the math behind the PVP/PVE buffs to compare to the new items, hence the creation of confusion nor the understanding why they would release these items.

The Paragon gear which has a great chance of destruction when trying to enchant! Honestly there's nothing more demoralizing when we spend so much time in the game only to get a fail result.... a slap in the face for even trying!

more to come no doubt

I cant say since having client issues (game not loading properly, I'm not only one with this) but there few things that need to be addressed:

*Paragon gear - I never liked 5.x gear breaking system and wont now. Its a waste to spend  time farming and collecting stones for it in the end to break. Also enchanting for most of time is not a fun experience in this game....

*You buff the the damage classes and what about the defensive classes.

*Minium instance bugged (the npc inside which starts the run doesnt work) and Abyssal is no where to be seen.

*Making Lakrum and Demaha into battleground maps, it doesnt work for this region.

* Arena  discipline award still not available (is this EC 2.0?),ranks not fixed

4 hours ago, Liind-KT said:

snipped a lot..... :)

-Splited maps are always a flop, looks like NCsoft didnt learn anything with Enshar and Norsvald.
-There is too much pve, and boring pve the one that doesnt give u any chalenge. I feel like boting around all day long.

Too much PvE? Please tell me where because I have no idea that there were some places for PvE left in some maps of Aion for lvl 80. I love PvE but I cannot even complete a quest because of players who like so much the PvP that they just kill everybody especially the one who is alone under-geared and unable to fight back, even if I try to run away you PvPers follow me with gusto! :)

Thus far, no. Just like every major patch since 6.0 it seems to be yet another case of more content being removed than added and some things being changed that no one asked for (gear breaking on failed enchantment for example even if it's just one or two sets,) not in the West, anyway. The new gear looks kind of cool and I like the Inggison and Gelkmaros have been revitalized again but that's pretty much it.

There is a lot to be desired for balance changes but let's just skip to the rest.

The lag and chaotic vale is a big pass.

The renown system is really grindy and boring especially if there is a decay system and pvp barely even touches it. You get more rewards doing 1 quest then bothering with pvp in that zone. It's cool that it promotes activity but it's not very exciting.

New accessories do create some confusion and could use more explanation. You are also promoting running pve to get the best accessories in the game even when the player perhaps plays for pvp.

Alternating kata/lak is good in my opinion for having a active map rather then having 3 zones open.

Paragon gear? Pass

It's cool that gelk is back but that's really about it. Seems like NC just wants to focus on pve now.

28 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I wish Demaha and Lakrum didn't use up our hourglass because it makes me feel anxious when I'm there -- like I can't fully enjoy myself because I'm too busy watching the clock. :(

Interserver maps could have been open every time but the game is designed as if 10.000players will play it, so apparently the interserver maps could not hold all possible players and also they must not be as powerful as the actual game servers. So this is why there are limitation to how many players can go in, (1000 on each side in katalam for example) and also you had the timer so you couldn't camp in and prevent other players from entering. It is also regarded an instance server so logging out teleports you back to your obelisk which sucks.

In our servers the max limit of 1000 players on each side will never be filled, most times we can hardly pop an EC game while the majority of characters are alts that jump afk in obelisks for events.

We could have had it regionally different here, but regional changes usually are nerfs for us. only a handful of times we got things that are better than other regions.

I'm loving the patch. 

It is really good to see the maps alive again, and the game finally feels rewarding! There is finally an incentive, other than to gank on other players, to be in the open world. The hidden monsters are stimulating to be on the lookout constantly, you  do not want to miss the loot. The Reshta legion is pretty fun too, not to mention you get to board their Dredgion and kill the cap for nice rewards. Not 100%, but nothing is. The special rifts where you get to fight even your legionmates for up to 90m kinah and other things is a lot of fun.

Now, "splitted maps" is what Aion became famous for. Rifting is rifting. You want pvp, you go to the opposite faction map and have your pvp there. Not to mention all the pvp intances. Want something more? Battlegrounds. There are 2x the people now. Go have fun!

Remember the old days when Elyos were the Elyos, and Asmodians were the Asmodians? There was a sense of unity, belonging. You could give a quick shoutout in LFG if an opposite faction player was spotted, and within a minute, a ton of players appeared to defend Elysia/Asmodae. Because this is our land, and enemies shall be gone! Nowadays? Nobody will give a buff, nobody will rez you. You can literally stand a whole day in a city with only 10% of your HP and nobody will heal you up. It is just you (and maybe your friends) vs the world. Because nobody gives a nyerk! It's just me, me, me, and me, and more me me me! You are not me? Too bad. Cuz ME deserves everything. Everyone is so self centered, all they can do is complain and ask for compensation. I believe we can do better than that, right?

It's the community that makes or breaks a game.

Paragon gear. It is more punishing and at the same time a ton more rewarding. It is designed to give you a crap ton more stats if enchanted than regular gear but at a stupidly high price (to balance things out just a tiny bit). Funny how y'all complain about disbalance, and yet complain that the most imba weapon has a chance to break.

p2w has always been and always will be. 

New PVE/PVP equipment confusion? Just compare the atk/defense values. Add the white atk and pve/pvp atk from old gear and compare to the white atk of the new gear. Even the lowest tier new gear has more stats than old one, unless your old one is +13~15. Do the math yourself.

The Renown system feels more obligatory than it should, imo. We'll see how it plays out in the long run.

Hope you have a fantastic day, cuz you deserve it!

/end rant

Things I knew I wouldn't enjoy is making more instanced interserver maps like Red Katalam, we never needed this, Lakrum and Demaha could have stayed as they were. They are practically harder to get there now theoretically.

Herelym Mine should have stayed in its original position.

Lag is awful but that is not a 7.5 feature.

I tried to do some pve quests in Gelkmaros and there were no mobs, the players trying to kill them were more than the mobs!

I dislike the new lugbug dailies and weeklies to be honest.

~~

Positive things is that Gelkmaros feels like home, we are used to it.

I also like the fact we have maps dedicated to the race unlike common shared maps. When you see an elyos in Gelkmaros you know they are intruders so there is an urge to kick them away.

I was in Lakrum and there was a cleric from Team Para, he could practically kill a whole group and his HP never fell low, he had a cat transform (aka an ancient transform).

Is there any special item in Lakrum that makes people invincible and OP in ofence? This class imbalance has to stop. I will not even use prestige through 7.5.

Too many sets.. what for? Lakrum, Demaha, Ingisson, Etc.. Just delete all those ***** and keep Dark Talon until 8.0.. Stop the gear recycle in every patch. Game enchant rate is really bad that almost 90% of players doesnt have Dark Talon full 15+ or even full red, red manastone, etc.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I enjoy the Renown system. What I absolutely hate is the gearing system, which is absolutely garbage and very unfriendly to new/returning players.

when you say gearing system wich part are you refering too? because if it's about equipment gear as Weapons, Armors, Wings, Plumes, Bracelets, and accesories, i'm pretty Damn sure this is the most New/Returning player friendly patch we had in the last 2 years and a half, like there are so many fast ways to get geared now:

-Ultimate Gear with GC
-Ultimate Gear with Titanium Coins
-Ultimate gear from Stellium coin boxes
-Ultimate Gear with Blood Marks, wich now you can buy the good one the Fierce version directly without RNG
-World Bosses, and Lakrum Minibosses
-Instances

there are less pieces needed to acquiere, as wings, bracelet, plume and accesories can be both used for PvE and PvP, so someone that runs PvE instances only just with that can be half geared for PvP too.

also we went from the need to enchant 17 pieces of gear to enchant only 7 or 8.

so i think all this is pretty friendly.

Hmm, no, the gearing system is still unfriendly. Having a million types of sets doesn't help the fact you can be easily overwhelmed and start getting yourself lost where to go and what to do. While the Item Guide is a fantastic tool to have to let us know what's on the very top of the chain, each patch is all about re-gearing your sets until the cycle has repeated itself.

But I get it man, you have your dark talon set maxed out and everything, not like you need anything more, just go out and pewpew the noobs. Big talk Chad type of thing, eh?

I stand by what I said earlier. It's garbage. I almost gave up on the game again because I wasn't even sure where to begin, but I was away only for an entire patch. Doesn't help mobs in Katalam are tough as hell and they take forever to kill, and it'll force me to create a DPS set as a cleric. Oh, and in 7.7 Cleric gets nerfed even more, I wonder if there will be any heal-spec clerics at all? So far each pvp video I've seen, all are dps spec.

You know what else is garbage? The Transformation system. Still, new and returning players have no chance to get their adequate Legendary xform unless we're blessed with another event like the Stormwing one.

Transformation as rubbish system is old news...  not talking about that, but do you know you can lvl up your fame and gain access to Apostle Fragments, you can buy the fragment type u want and get a very good tranformation for your class.

having several sets its cool, gives variety, if you don't like one way to farm one type of set you can just pick another one, and alrdy pointed out very good reasons why 7.5 is a LOT more friendly to gear up for new/returned players, but its fine you can keep on with your blind way of thinking.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I was in Lakrum and there was a cleric from Team Para, he could practically kill a whole group and his HP never fell low, he had a cat transform (aka an ancient transform).

Is there any special item in Lakrum that makes people invincible and OP in ofence? This class imbalance has to stop. I will not even use prestige through 7.5.

It's Team Para.

Enough said.

31 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Right, your way to answer to my argument up there is to call it "blind way of thinking". That alone allows me know where I stand when having a conversation with you. Only your opinion matters, eh?

Let us leave it at that :)

you started the passive aggressive shit talking about me in particular talking about my darktalon set telling i was doing ''Big Chad Like type of thing'' get yourself together.

i gave actual Facts why 7.5 is a patch a lot more friendly to gear up for new/returned players, that anything we had in the past 2 years and a half, not a subjective opinion.

gensis crystals, stellium coins, blood marks, titanium coiins, all of these rains from the sky its super easy and fast to farm and the sets you can buy are Really good.

ammount of gear needed to be enchanted was reduced about a 60%

its about facts not opinions

Well, so far what I've seen is you showing off how much Luna you've gathered with alts and all, proclaiming getting Stigma stones is easy through Luna game. Fair enough.

In another thread you've shown your advanced stigmas, basically showing off your cash dump so far into the game. Let's not forget about that Marchutan transformation on that quick bar.

Don't get me wrong, supporting the game you enjoy is fine, my problem is when you're attempting to argue about things you're not even partaking in (i.e. gearing, being an actual returnee/new player). You said having many gear sets gives variety. Oddly strange coming from a Ranger that doesn't need to switch gears unless it's PvP and PvE.

In conclusion, yes, you are right that perhaps getting those Titan coins and such is easy and whatnot, but calling my argument "blind way of thinking" isn't really a good counter argument at all. If you're unable to have a civilized conversation, it's best indeed that we leave our talk here. My opinion about your "chad" behavior doesn't change, you'll have to work for that.

55 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Well, so far what I've seen is you showing off how much Luna you've gathered with alts and all, proclaiming getting Stigma stones is easy through Luna game. Fair enough.

just letting ppl know there is an option to make the event work. it last 1 month and someone can complete the +9 quest using that method

In another thread you've shown your advanced stigmas, basically showing off your cash dump so far into the game. Let's not forget about that Marchutan transformation on that quick bar.

well in that post i was teasing my Legionmate Kosita and my Bro Arhangelos lol, but my real point there was to show believe it or not that as F2P non casher player that i am it's possible to obtain all those advanced stigmas without droping a single cent, i just farmed the Stormwing event with 6 accounts, some of my friends farmed it with a crazy amount of accounts and now on top of being full advanced they are making some hundred of dollars selling +15 stigmas to P2W players lmao.

About the Marchutan, not real merit from my part there, it was just PURE luck was my 2nd attempt fusing two ledendary xforms from lugbug fragments.

You said having many gear sets gives variety. 

i said variety in terms of content, like u are bored of katalam u can go farm at inggison, there are asmos killin you at inggison, go to lakrum and farm GC, or even mix up every single pice of each different set just put an skin on top of all that skin madness and you are good to go really fast.

Oddly strange coming from a Ranger that doesn't need to switch gears unless it's PvP and PvE.

well actually as a competitive PvPer i will take advantage of all these new sets, going to make secondary sets of Accuracy and Magical Accuracy to counter players like BornToOwn with his evasion set, or Kingwalla with his Magic resist set or all the clerics in defensive sets.

In conclusion, yes, you are right that perhaps getting those Titan coins and such is easy and whatnot, but calling my argument "blind way of thinking" isn't really a good counter argument at all.

sorry if i offended you by calling you blind, but that pretty much seemd to be the case you blinded by negativity, as to be honest this is a catch up patch, new players can go farm 300 genesis crystals in 15 minutes buy an ultimate earring+0 with the stats similar just a bit under of a Darktalon +15 with no need to waste billion on retuning as the item gives fixed good stats or purifying or even enchanting them as accesories can not be enchanted anymore. and this is introductory gear, if they do instances drop from there is better than DT +15

He has valid points, yes, and I'm not trying to discredit or deny his words. My frustration comes back from 6.x where I tried for months to get my sets done, only to have that trashed by the next patch. I was discouraged with 6.5 so much I just didn't bother when 7.0 came out. Only reason I decided to give it another go is because of Stormwing event that allowed me to get a Legendary transformation.

Now, I'm not expecting everything to be handed out. I want to be a casual player, where I can play whenever I want without the stress to race to the end game to be the best before all my stuff gets trashed again next patch. This is why I like the Renown system, it's fun to go around the maps and do quests.

Archived