83 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like 7.5 patch?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Ultimate Bloodmarks come from the weekly Kata quests for camp flipping. Try and flip 1-Star camps if you're solo or not confident in your dps; higher star camps have stronger captains. PVP kills for the "War" tab quests also reward Ultimate Bloodmarks.

1: I assume it's to do with cross-server siege balance issues which would occur in Korea and other regions, which is why Panesterra had similar faction number limits. The difference is this barrier for entry helps filter out the trolls and spies who clog the queue.

2. What does legion have to do with Bloodmark acquisition? None of the BM quests are legion locked and there are no legion locked exclusives which would make the process easier or faster.

To your point of reaching level requirement; the Devs might argue that you do not, in fact, reach the requirement for these tougher sieges with stronger mobs if you're unable to get 20 marks in 7 days. That's just speculation on the thought process though

This has nothing to do with confidence in DPS (thanks for the laugh, I could always use one on a Monday). 

Your "it takes 10 minutes to flip 4 camps" is not the reality for a lot of players. You can bury your head in the sand trying to think that your experience is the same as every other player - but it isn't.

Your assumptions for Korea may or not be valid- not relevant for us. Essentially for our region there is no need to limit siege attendance, we do not have the numbers even if every single person on every server was at the siege - which would never happen (time difference for some players, no interest, etc).

Finally it is completely stupid to think that someone cannot participate in the siege, where they would have organized support because they get zerged while  trying to solo or maybe duo in Katalam. Because we know that every class is equal 1v1 . Right?

I was really lost with the new patch untill a few days ago, when friends helped me to catch up.

So far I've been enjoying doing the daily and weekly quests, specially at Katalam, where the pvp is always very active, despite the fully geared groups zerging around and ganking not-so-geared groups. This always happened since day 1 in Aion, so it doesn't bother me so much anymore.

Also enjoying the easier ways to farm manastones, and the fact that we no longer have to worry about enchanting accessories. I like the fact that I can go to WB and have a guaranteed ultimate manastone, even if I don't win any roll (which is what happens 99% of the time).

Having Gelkmaros as endgame area is super nostalgic and it keeps bringing me really nice memories as I move around, and the new teleports make it super easier to do so. I like it!

Its nice that we have a few more stuff we can store in acc warehouse, so its easier to get mats to extract for example.

My problems with 7.5 are
1) There are so many things to do I can't even rest from endgame by playing with alts. Pvp instances, pve instances, farming genesis, blood mark, stelium, titan, renown, luna, abyssals, gemstones, marks, omg let me breathe lol. I know having lots to do is not actually a bad thing, I know, its just my anxiety! 

2) Can't handle the graphic lag during sieges anymore. I have a decent pc, and yet I have to turn off every single graphic option, turn off legion names, ranks, even pc names and still I freeze A LOT. I know Aion is just terribly optimized but still. I used to dual client during sieges and didn't lag that much as now with only 1 client running. There is literally nothing left to lower in game options for me in order to minimize the lag, I have done everything and it still doesn't seem to work. I used to love sieging at Lakrum for example, but now I decided that I will just get a few mob kills and go to sleep.

3) Not being able to run HM instances as they require being highly pve geared is something I don't care anymore as my goal in game is to pvp more than to pve. What annoys me is that I have to run a HM pve instance in order to get the best acc for PVP. This is worse than EB online times, as we had other ways to get the things we would get with EB and we got to a point where EB was easy enough to pug it with LFG - something that doesn't happen with the current HM instances.

4) I want Lakrum pvp quests back.

15 hours ago, Byebyebuffs-DN said:

4) I want Lakrum pvp quests back.

The new system is actually better than the PvP quests with the tickets with the current system and is designed to funnel players in to locations. The only reason you would need those pvp quests back is if you were trading kills with your alts. You have to remember that lakrum is on a timer now so the more time you spend in there the less time you spend in other area's.

The support tickets you get basically funnel everyone in to 2 or 3 locations so you know where they will all be. Those without gear may go screw it ill take a smaller reward for less interference.

21 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Your "it takes 10 minutes to flip 4 camps" is not the reality for a lot of players. You can bury your head in the sand trying to think that your experience is the same as every other player - but it isn't.

Your assumptions for Korea may or not be valid- not relevant for us. Essentially for our region there is no need to limit siege attendance, we do not have the numbers even if every single person on every server was at the siege - which would never happen (time difference for some players, no interest, etc).

Finally it is completely stupid to think that someone cannot participate in the siege, where they would have organized support because they get zerged while  trying to solo or maybe duo in Katalam. Because we know that every class is equal 1v1 . Right?

So far I have experienced being locked out of Pradeth and Silona on the same day on multiple days due to too many participants. Were it not for Chain of Suffering presumably sending people back, or people leaving, I wouldn't have got in due to the player limit.

But anyways, my basic point is I don't think what they're asking is unreasonable. I've achieved those bloodmarks on my risiel geared alt as a side-effect of doing camps for gear. If you SHIFT+V and recruit a group, it is a fairly low-cost task to complete.

23 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Yeah the socketing just work like stigmas, but is not that surprising knowing they can be enchanted up to +20 

I guess now you are adding them to the Cons section lmao

22 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

200.gif

+20 is the hard cap for enchanting Gemstones but it doens't mean you have to enchant it to +20, you can't tbh
Have you checked the enchanting rates?

stkEdS7.png

22 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

This has nothing to do with confidence in DPS (thanks for the laugh, I could always use one on a Monday). 

+1 and thank you for your emphatetic reply

my main concern with this patch is that we have so many things to do and most of them are lackluster or filler content.

Like farming new PvPvE accessories just because NCsoft wanted us to farm something new in a mid-patch to put runes and gems on them.
Like getting high-end-game gear only by PVEing (ew).
Like endlessly farming gemstone shards to get rubbish and low tier runes/gemstones.

Runes and gemstone skills are game breaking, they can't even balance daevanions / stigmas and yet they add new skills to every class.

Hidden mobs / pods and battlefield coins are great additions, casual and not-try-hard players will have a chance to catch up (uh?) the geared by getting more Daevanion Skillbooks and ultimate manastones.

I know most of this content becomes easier to get as events comes, but meh.
I'm sticking with this patch but its not one of my faves.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:07 AM, Rag-DN said:

I feel like this patch has ALOT of new content that is poorly explained. For example I had no clue how to enchant my Runestone once I got it so I just socketed it in my gear and kind of screwed myself over. I'm still confused and have no clue how we even get the Runestone enchantment items other than through events.

You can equip and remove runes just like you equip and remove stigmas, you do not lose them or lsoe anything in the process. you just do not need an NPC for this, just your item window tools.

this patch is pure gar bage today i saw ppl with runes and odian +10
can't handle this lvl of P2W 
idk why im still playing

also pve is fu cked, we can't do frigida HM and AOA NM is pretty useless cause stats are random and u can't even roll them
yeye manastones for free and we can get gear easily but, for every f2p thing they add to the game they also add 10 p2w things

On 6/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Ultimate Bloodmarks come from the weekly Kata quests for camp flipping. Try and flip 1-Star camps if you're solo or not confident in your dps; higher star camps have stronger captains. PVP kills for the "War" tab quests also reward Ultimate Bloodmarks.

I can try to flip the camps but not sure how that is going to go. The war quests are most likely a no. The over geared people are usually the ones out pvping and even worse in groups. I am not as geared and I am 99.8% of the time alone. I once grouped with people from DN that I did stuff with and they are not over geared either and we couldn't kill 2 Chanters from KT with +15 daeva skills and Kaisnel and that was before the p2w transformation event, stormwing helping them to +15 their other skills and this stigma "event" where they have +15 stigmas now so I'll have to pass on that one.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:37 PM, Vessttemona-KT said:

That part hasnt change, we still need 40 legendary shards to craft one legendary transformation scroll.

Thank you for the info. They don't have that in the description. Only you need 100 to get the new transformations.

On 11/06/2020 at 10:07 AM, Treos-DN said:

I can try to flip the camps but not sure how that is going to go. The war quests are most likely a no. The over geared people are usually the ones out pvping and even worse in groups. I am not as geared and I am 99.8% of the time alone. I once grouped with people from DN that I did stuff with and they are not over geared either and we couldn't kill 2 Chanters from KT with +15 daeva skills and Kaisnel and that was before the p2w transformation event, stormwing helping them to +15 their other skills and this stigma "event" where they have +15 stigmas now so I'll have to pass on that one.

@Treos-DN I get that reluctance to fling yourself into potential death, but the game rewards you for persistence. As long as you rez up after each death and move on to the next objective, you accumulate progress which makes it easier and faster to achieve more progress. The average player isn't "over geared", so if you can put up with the deaths in the early game in order to invest in your own PVE and PVP progress then you'll quickly reach a point where you're capable of competing with the average player of the game (should they try to kill you while you're doing camps). As I said before, the more progress you make = the faster your next progression will be. More gear = more survivability and faster camp runs which = more resources for more gear :)

Just gotta stick to it and work through it

5 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Treos-DN I get that reluctance to fling yourself into potential death, but the game rewards you for persistence. As long as you rez up after each death and move on to the next objective, you accumulate progress which makes it easier and faster to achieve more progress. The average player isn't "over geared", so if you can put up with the deaths in the early game in order to invest in your own PVE and PVP progress then you'll quickly reach a point where you're capable of competing with the average player of the game (should they try to kill you while you're doing camps). As I said before, the more progress you make = the faster your next progression will be. More gear = more survivability and faster camp runs which = more resources for more gear :)

Just gotta stick to it and work through it

Since you may not know him - Treos is far from being a new player nor is he at reluctant to die. Nor is he by any means new to PVP or PVE.  So if he is expressing some frustration at flipping camps then likely others are too - and it’s probably going to get worse as some people get runes, stigmas and of Odians enchanted to high levels and others don’t.

If you had been playing in the early days of aion  ( which I seriously doubt) you would have probably told people than anyone coming through a rift was likely in PVE gear and that twinks were a myth.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:37 AM, Treos-DN said:

I am not as geared and I am 99.8% of the time alone.

1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

Since you may not know him - Treos is far from being a new player nor is he at reluctant to die.

Someone who says they are alone 99.8% of the time is being a hindrance to themselves. If you are having issues doing camps you have to adapt yourself and unfortunately for some who are to prideful/past issues may have caused them to not be able to get groups anymore for content. 

Being less geared as well basically means you have to suck it up and admit that those with gear can trample over your progression because NCsoft made the game that way. You have to be the one going to a +15 stigma player with full +15 PvE gear asking them to join their group for camp flips/quests. Undergeared players have to be the ones to give up items on the mobs if they want to finish weekly quests at a reasonable speed. The geared players who paid for the ability to solo/steal everything from others do not have to rely on other players. 

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

If you had been playing in the early days of aion  ( which I seriously doubt) you would have probably told people than anyone coming through a rift was likely in PVE gear and that twinks were a myth.

Not sure what the supposed correlation is between how long I've been playing and my style of play and advice of "don't give up". I played the game since forever and took a year long break in 4.x. Returned to 5.6 with no gear, knowledge, experience, legion, social connections, or money (kinah and ncoin). I've now been criticized on this thread for both:

A) Not understanding the struggles of people less geared than me, and

B) Explaining my mindset and experience of becoming geared enough and capable as a f2p player (besides prestige) .

Seems a bit contradictory.

More to the point; idk about the giving up lootright stuff but @HealingSquid-KT is right about people who actively choose to solo activities made for groups. Not accusing anyone in particular, just adding a +1 to the sentiment. Doesn't matter if it takes you 6 people to do a job that 1 person can do. It's getting the job done which will lead to you becoming that 1 person.

All I'm saying is the max geared meanies can't be at every camp on both maps at the same time all day everyday. Group up, make friends, get the job done. Worst case scenario is you obelisk Rez cos of Chain of Suffering. A small price to pay

12 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Not sure what the supposed correlation is between how long I've been playing and my style of play and advice of "don't give up". I played the game since forever and took a year long break in 4.x. Returned to 5.6 with no gear, knowledge, experience, legion, social connections, or money (kinah and ncoin). I've now been criticized on this thread for both:

A) Not understanding the struggles of people less geared than me, and

B) Explaining my mindset and experience of becoming geared enough and capable as a f2p player (besides prestige) .

Seems a bit contradictory.

More to the point; idk about the giving up lootright stuff but @HealingSquid-KT is right about people who actively choose to solo activities made for groups. Not accusing anyone in particular, just adding a +1 to the sentiment. Doesn't matter if it takes you 6 people to do a job that 1 person can do. It's getting the job done which will lead to you becoming that 1 person.

All I'm saying is the max geared meanies can't be at every camp on both maps at the same time all day everyday. Group up, make friends, get the job done. Worst case scenario is you obelisk Rez cos of Chain of Suffering. A small price to pay

Honestly for most of the above- what does this have to do with the topic?

If you read his post again Treos encountered problems even in a group. Again, everyone would agree that it can be painful to do, is best done in a group and isn’t 10 minutes (per week) for the 20 ultimate BMs for a lot of people- which can be really annoying since we get to repeat this fun EVERY SINGLE WEEK if we want to siege. Kind of defeats the purpose of a game.

21 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Honestly for most of the above- what does this have to do with the topic?

If you read his post again Treos encountered problems even in a group. Again, everyone would agree that it can be painful to do, is best done in a group and isn’t 10 minutes (per week) for the 20 ultimate BMs for a lot of people- which can be really annoying since we get to repeat this fun EVERY SINGLE WEEK if we want to siege. Kind of defeats the purpose of a game.

@Treos-DN Asked how else he can get ultimate bloodmarks besides the fragments -> I told him how -> He told me he'd give it a go but isn't sure how succesful he'll be because of over-geared players -> I told him to be persistent because it pays off in the end.

The only deviations from the topic in my responses are to address your comments.

3 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

@Treos-DN Asked how else he can get ultimate bloodmarks besides the fragments -> I told him how -> He told me he'd give it a go but isn't sure how succesful he'll be because of over-geared players -> I told him to be persistent because it pays off in the end.

The only deviations from the topic in my responses are to address your comments.

zzzzzzzzzz

2 hours ago, ErzaScarIet-DN said:

People hated 5.X because of P2W/GearCarrying

6.X was supposed to "fix it",

7.5 "Here we go again"

It is not the p2w that ruins the game it is the playment option. BDO is full of p2w...even more so than Aion and people spend 100s and 1000s monthly, Yet despite this players who actually play the game often end up being just as geared as those who would not because there is also a playment option. Aion has no playment option it has payment or afk/event options which is why i always laugh at those who say i will never play a mobile game despite playing a mobile style game already.

5.X suffered from over saturation of events so people stopped playing the game because the game was not worth playing only the events were worth it.

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is not the p2w that ruins the game it is the playment option. BDO is full of p2w...even more so than Aion and people spend 100s and 1000s monthly, Yet despite this players who actually play the game often end up being just as geared as those who would not because there is also a playment option. Aion has no playment option it has payment or afk/event options which is why i always laugh at those who say i will never play a mobile game despite playing a mobile style game already.

5.X suffered from over saturation of events so people stopped playing the game because the game was not worth playing only the events were worth it.

I don't think this style of play is healthy, staying online doing nothing for hours in a game just for gear is boring, doing the same grinding for hours is also boring,

a MMORPG shouldn't be like a FPS/Moba/Fight game where you just play for fun and there's no grind, we need some grinding

However it should be more balanced, we had a good balance at 2.X and 3.X, with a few hours of TRUE GAMEPLAY, not staying AFK for days, you could be geared and be competitive against try hards

the path this game took, it's just not fun for most people, you either give your credit card or tons of hours from your life

My first impression of the patch was positive, but I wanted to give myself some time to play and get to understand the content more before commenting here all the same.

Overall? I still really like 7.5! I'm gonna discuss some of the positives for me before getting into the negatives.

First of all, I am enjoying the renown system a lot- although a friend who came back to the game just this week had a good observation: it should totally be called reputation. (I don't prefer fame or glory points like it's called in other regions, but renown is a weirdly clunky word when you start saying it out loud on the regular. Reputation makes sense and sounds better- though I would also have accepted a system based around "cool points." :P) I'm the kind of person who starts each new patch by collecting every single new quest, and I think there's a good mix of one-time-only's, repeatables, dailies, weeklies, and general introductory quests. And they're across all the maps, which is great! Reading through this thread, I guess I might be in the minority here? But I genuinely like spending time across the different maps, and always having something I can be working on. There's not so much that it's overwhelming, it's just enjoyable and rewarding questing, with a good dose of fun PvP throughout! Each of the regions have different rewards for leveling renown, so you can even prioritize gameplay on the maps you want to max out your renown for, and skip the ones that you personally don't find rewarding. Having Demaha and Crimson Katalam closed some days also keeps things from getting unnecessarily stressful.

I love having Inggison as a home base- Sanctum hasn't been the hub of activity for a long time (and it got trashed on the Day of Tempest, thanks Ereshkigal), the main Lakrum cities were huge and mostly empty spaces designed for gigantic Jotuns rather than Daevas, and Stellusia is the headquarters of an evil corporation that's swarming with hostile guards. I miss Ariel's Sanctuary sometimes, but being in Inggison genuinely feels like being at home. There's such a strong sense of faction aesthetics and the main forts feel very lived in- especially when you compare them to Lakrum which were 1) identical 2) empty and spread out. Heiron as the leveling zone has similar vibes, and I'm a big big fan!

Another pro for me is the variety of gear options. I appreciated Dark Talon and Frostspark for being such streamlined sets, but DT in particular is SUPER unfriendly to new, returning, and casual players. I don't think people deserve to be dunked on and have a lousy gaming session just 'cause they can't invest in the actual factual best set. Being able to mix and match a variety of drops, crafts, blood mark, and purified gear makes everything so much more fun for everyone. Having both rifting and cross-server shared zones has also resulted in soooo much fun PvP and I've just been having a blast, whether I'm solo or in a group or in a massive league :D 

Legion content has been rewarding, I'm glad there's more to do together besides just altar siege and that a lot of progress can be made by working together and supporting one another. Selectable manastones have been more plentiful, which is another little plus.

Now then, time for some negatives. -_-

Tiny complaints first: we still have no cosmetics, boo hiss. Gemstone and runestone shards are hard to come by, and I think implementing them into events or even Abyssal Splinter would be a good move. Just make 'em more plentiful so we can actually use this new gear feature. Standard (non-boss) cubics are also a little trickier to get? But speaking of shards, most people I know are having major issues with storage space. I don't expect any coding to be done to put all the shards into our special cubes, but good lord. Remember the old organizations like Fortuneers and Alabaster Order and stuff? They had storage pets that aren't available anymore, so put those into Lifekeeper rewards. Or hell, a BCM sale for cube expansion coins or storage pets would be frickin' incredible. 

Major complaints: Sieges are REALLY boring. I understand why there's no siege defense, so the lack of inter-faction politics with fort flipping is fine by me. But a side effect is that every siege is super static. Inggison forts go to Elyos, Gelk forts go to Asmos. Divine depends entirely on having a god buff because no one is going to fight it out if it means losing credit at Pradeth and Silona, which are generally stalemates anyway. I don't really have a fix in mind for this, besides scrapping Divine, but yeah. It can be a bit of a slog. 

I hate hate HATE the +15 stigmas and I only hate them because our +12 safe point is a limited time event. You have no idea how disheartening it is to see people in full 15s and just having to be like "welp, guess they'll one shot me until we get another +12 event (if ever.)" It is unacceptable to expect the majority of the playerbase to either farm 27 alt accounts during Stormwing or to drop thousands of dollars on enchants in order to be viable. Casual folks are still struggling to get full + 9s. It's actually garbage. Make that +12 safe point permanent. Go on. Chop chop. I'm not compromising on this one.

Last complaint is about retunes on new accessories and again, I don't have a fix for since it's straight from the Korean devs. I get that it's great to not have to enchant the new accessories and all, but none of them have heal boost. Without the defensive stats like MR or PDef, they would still be viable for PvE content- but zero heal boost makes them unusable, at least for heal spec clerics. Sure, it doesn't seem like much when it's just a piece or two, but if I commit to the full set of Luminance accs I'm gonna lose well over 1k. I know it's a super class-specific problem but like. I think a good 65% of my rants and bemoanings about 7.5 have been in regards to the lack of heal boost/retunes? Ree. 

2 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

I hate hate HATE the +15 stigmas and I only hate them because our +12 safe point is a limited time event. You have no idea how disheartening it is to see people in full 15s and just having to be like "welp, guess they'll one shot me until we get another +12 event (if ever.)" It is unacceptable to expect the majority of the playerbase to either farm 27 alt accounts during Stormwing or to drop thousands of dollars on enchants in order to be viable. Casual folks are still struggling to get full + 9s. It's actually garbage. Make that +12 safe point permanent. Go on. Chop chop. I'm not compromising on this one.

The thing is i feel you fail to understand that even if +12 was a permanent safe point the ONLY way to get above +12 stigmas is pay $'s or hard farm the right events. 

The current playment option is to farm katalam to level 5 renown and buy the below on every character every week. 

unknown.png

Archived