Did you like 7.5 patch?

Puddie-KT

Did you like 7.5 patch?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like 7.5 patch?

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Hmm, no, the gearing system is still unfriendly. Having a million types of sets doesn't help the fact you can be easily overwhelmed and start getting yourself lost where to go and what to do. While the Item Guide is a fantastic tool to have to let us know what's on the very top of the chain, each patch is all about re-gearing your sets until the cycle has repeated itself.

But I get it man, you have your dark talon set maxed out and everything, not like you need anything more, just go out and pewpew the noobs. Big talk Chad type of thing, eh?

I stand by what I said earlier. It's garbage. I almost gave up on the game again because I wasn't even sure where to begin, but I was away only for an entire patch. Doesn't help mobs in Katalam are tough as hell and they take forever to kill, and it'll force me to create a DPS set as a cleric. Oh, and in 7.7 Cleric gets nerfed even more, I wonder if there will be any heal-spec clerics at all? So far each pvp video I've seen, all are dps spec.

You know what else is garbage? The Transformation system. Still, new and returning players have no chance to get their adequate Legendary xform unless we're blessed with another event like the Stormwing one.

To get Dark Talon all you need is enchants, everything else is handed to you, Etiums and Spirit fragments are account wh storable, AP is abundant everywhere (HM got about 40% AP reduction now, so this sucks but still enough AP if you need it, I think I got 750k AP solo mid with prestige and no AP buffs, it used to be like 1,1m~1,2m AP or something.)

But you get enchants in every pvp instance even when you lose, it will sure take time but you cannot do it in one week if this was your goal. Forget about everything else, Dark Talon is still the best and you should focus on that.

The transfomation system is not garbage, the garbage part is the way you acquire the higher tiers (through the RNG bottleneck). I prefer to have ONE scroll for every buff (and then food+drink) than have to have running scroll, casting speed scroll, 4 resistant scrolls, critical spell scroll and have them removable by dispell. By now everyone should have 3~4 legendary transformations if not more and the only thing is the ultimate is still hard to get.

7.x+ patch made pvp gear acquisition a breeze.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think this patch sucks, the stigmas are a joke to enchant, the enchantment rate sucks, but who knows maybe i just have really shitty rng since i cant get mine past 10, but i see ppl all day long for the past 2 days  doing 11.1.2.13.14.and 15 on theres, finishing a quest is kinda a joke too, too damn many ppl in 1 area at 1 time if your not getting ganked by a grp . the renown system hmmm, i think in demaha it kinda sucks cause theres no way for non big alter taking legions to reach any of the higher lvls to get the better rewards, theres just not enough dailys or things to do in 3-4 days   for ppl like is to get to lvl 7-9 to get things like ultimate  enchant stone tickets and such. rest of the area's im not to sure about , and ofcourse the normal stuff being bugged as usual  due to new patch.

hmm, cant edit previous post but forgot to add as far as the comment above about 3-4 legendary  transforms,lol, i only have 1 and that was from stormwing, every contract ive ever opened has been ancient or lower.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:55 PM, taha-DN said:

hmm, cant edit previous post but forgot to add as far as the comment above about 3-4 legendary  transforms,lol, i only have 1 and that was from stormwing, every contract ive ever opened has been ancient or lower.

Why do you only have 1 from Stormwing? We got TWO from Stormwing. One near the beginning and one at the last level... Also, opening regular white contracts is not how you get legendaries. Yes, it's possible, but no one would say that's how you do it. You combine ancients and/or participate in events. It sounds like maybe you are a very casual player or haven't been that active in recent events.

51 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Why do you only have 1 from Stormwing? We got TWO from Stormwing. One near the beginning and one at the last level... Also, opening regular white contracts is not how you get legendaries. Yes, it's possible, but no one would say that's how you do it. You combine ancients and/or participate in events. It sounds like maybe you are a very casual player or haven't been that active in recent events.

Maybe he never got to raise it all the way to the last level.

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Maybe he never got to raise it all the way to the last level.

Hence my comment about him either being very casual or not having played the game until recently. Either of those reasons would explain why he thinks that legendary transformations are nearly impossible to get (no longer true).

9 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hence my comment about him either being very casual or not having played the game until recently. Either of those reasons would explain why he thinks that legendary transformations are nearly impossible to get (no longer true).

Yes you can get at least one free every 2 months from lugbug weeklies.

let me make a correction, i have 2 frigida and kromede, , stormwing gave me 2 kromedes so outta 3 possible i only got 2, and my stormwing is maxed out it has been for a while. and on the  weeklys ive been doing those, but now that i have a injury to my left hand and forarm im not 100% sure i will be able to complete them atm.

So far I am not having fun with this patch. One major cause is the lag which should be addressed by someone from the company on what is being done. Last night in Siege I hit the boss at AOA fort 5 times due to the lag and when I died at Divine it kept lagging me back to the spot where I died, to ress up to die again. I don't like having to farm ultimate blood marks to get a title to get into a siege and the title only lasts 7 days. Forcing you to farm ultimate blood marks constantly or miss out on content. Tired of talking about the stigma "event" which is a mess. Not too sure about this renown system. Experience is non existent. To get contribution for sieges is more now. The AP I got before 7.5 gave me better rewards. They either give me nothing or only one legendary stone for doing what I did before. Someone please through some science fiction accident gain telepathy and project into the minds of the Korean devs that bringing back old content and dashing some salt on pepper on it doesn't make it new or even good content while also making those same things p2w.

9 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

So far I am not having fun with this patch. One major cause is the lag which should be addressed by someone from the company on what is being done. Last night in Siege I hit the boss at AOA fort 5 times due to the lag and when I died at Divine it kept lagging me back to the spot where I died, to ress up to die again. I don't like having to farm ultimate blood marks to get a title to get into a siege and the title only lasts 7 days. Forcing you to farm ultimate blood marks constantly or miss out on content. Tired of talking about the stigma "event" which is a mess. Not too sure about this renown system. Experience is non existent. To get contribution for sieges is more now. The AP I got before 7.5 gave me better rewards. They either give me nothing or only one legendary stone for doing what I did before. Someone please through some science fiction accident gain telepathy and project into the minds of the Korean devs that bringing back old content and dashing some salt on pepper on it doesn't make it new or even good content while also making those same things p2w.

It is the lag that will kill this region, everything else could have been a personal taste (I agree with everything you said, someone else might not). But the lag is making you only log in and that is it.

The mobs in Crimson Katalam are too hard, they didn't need to do that, they were hard enough already.

People are doing the quests to get better gear, yet they make the mobs so tough you need high end gear to kill them.

Half my toons cant solo a sin at a camp before it flips unless they are a dps class.

Waited a few days but in the end voted no.

Basically:

- locking off the sieges that I was most interested in behind a stupid title system is almost enough make a few people I know quit by itself.

- your experience on the instance servers may vary greatly due to gear and class, of course if you are a whale and select one of the fotm classes you’ll fit right in otherwise get ready to spend a lot of time in Ing or Gelk

- as previously mentioned stigma rates 

1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

locking off the sieges that I was most interested in behind a stupid title system is almost enough make a few people I know quit by itself.

I've seen a couple people mention this but I don't think they realise how low the barrier for entry is. 20 Bloodmarks is only 4 camp flips a week, or alternatively for every 3 kills you get in a region that's +5 Bloodmarks and -1 camp flip you need. It takes about 10 minutes of play time with almost no effort to afford the title. Maybe I'm missing something?

On 02/06/2020 at 10:34 AM, Treos-DN said:

One major cause is the lag which should be addressed by someone from the company on what is being done. 

Use the forum "dev tracker" feature to see the various public responses NC Staff have given regarding the lag situation; including instructions on how you can help by reporting certain details and logs to support. They're working on it, but the more data they're supplied = the sooner a fix will be rolled out

How many new players would be earning 237 experience marks(in lakrum/titan coin gear) which is 41,475,000,000 XP(how much xp was it for 5.0 level 75 again?) and 133,783,893 kinah every week just to buy the catch up materials? This XP system optimizes all the issues with Aion all in one system.

These are must have items for new players if they want to catch up with-in a reasonable amount of time without NCwest/soft injecting the region with stupidly broken events(stormwing egg event). Lets say you break it down and go ok i want just skills only till i got +15 skills. Every week you miss out on buying the other items you put yourself a week behind. I fail to see how NCsoft/west even think this is good mechanics. 

unknown.png

Aion's problem since 6.0 has never been events or payment options(Hell i think they actually lack payment options) it has always been the playment options that have lacked since 6.0 release. If those who want to play the game and give you a $400-500 yearly+sub for skins and what not have no option to enjoy the game, You are legitimately pushing the genre's biggest player base away from the game.

At the end of the day NCsoft does not care because the systems being implemented are going to be the same systems that Aion 2 mobile game will have so the transition for paying players out of this game will feel familiar. I know plenty of people are like i will never play a mobile game but the Aion of now is legitimately a mobile game on PC so you already are playing a mobile game.

31 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How many new players would be earning 237 experience marks(in lakrum/titan coin gear) which is 41,475,000,000 XP(how much xp was it for 5.0 level 75 again?) and 133,783,893 kinah every week just to buy the catch up materials? This XP system optimizes all the issues with Aion all in one system.

They need to remove one zero from the XP extractor, make it 17,5m XP and it will still  be hard to get because nothing gives XP anymore. Even many quests give only Fame EXP only.

like the only 2 ways to get XP is:
1) Do a luna daily, for 1 extraction at best (you need repose and/or berdin stars to get enough XP for one, otherwise I think it is not enough)
2) Spam with luna resets Abyssal Splinter to gt the 8 cores for S-rank, but that is also a p2w tactic and without berdins you still need a ton of resets.

XP in mobs should be returned to normal. In 6.x many elite mobs in Enshar would give like 5m XP without any buffs and they died easily, then they turned those into Pandora exclusive mobs and then they removed the map.

1 hour ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I've seen a couple people mention this but I don't think they realise how low the barrier for entry is. 20 Bloodmarks is only 4 camp flips a week, or alternatively for every 3 kills you get in a region that's +5 Bloodmarks and -1 camp flip you need. It takes about 10 minutes of play time with almost no effort to afford the title. Maybe I'm missing something?

1 - why is this mechanic even  necessary?

2 - not everyone is in one of the 2 largest legions ( or even wants to be) - so no it is far from being 10 minutes of play time.

There’s more but I won’t belabour it, basically there’s no reason to block anyone from participating as long as they meet level requirements.

2 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Many people are not geared from head to toes so they simply die to any enemy they will see. Flipping camps can also be tricky if there are other people there to do it and there is no room.

This creates a necessity to do something that is irrelevant to siege. Siege should be show up and fight.

Compared to some of the previous patches so far...yes, but I do have some concerns about it.

Obviously there are some major glitches, issues that the patch brought hopefully NCsoft gets on them ASAP and fix them.
I enjoy having the different zones to explore, and the fact that they all have dailies/weeklies. It really gives you options on what you want to do while playing, and gives you an option to find some filler content to do if it's too zergy in one zone. 

I am really worried about the new Gem/Runestone system, the concept seems really neat and great for PVE...but in PVP I can see this becoming a fast issue of making some classes too OP much like we saw with the Godstone system. 

Yes this patch can feel a little grindy at times, but you have to remember, this game is a Korean MMO, they are always grindy and they have to leave it somewhat challenging to keep us entertained. 

I feel like this patch has ALOT of new content that is poorly explained. For example I had no clue how to enchant my Runestone once I got it so I just socketed it in my gear and kind of screwed myself over. I'm still confused and have no clue how we even get the Runestone enchantment items other than through events.

I am definitely not a fan of the siege times. I mean come on NCsoft, this is a NA server yet you have the seiges so late at night for most your players that if you work a normal day shift job it's almost impossible to participate in the seiges to maintain rank.

Overall I say this patch so far is decent and has left me busy in game and kept my attention.

9 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

I've only been to Katalam a few times. As I understand it, to buy the title required to get into those sieges requires 20 ultimate blood marks not legendary which is what you get from the quests at the camp. I do not know how to get ultimate blood marks other than from mobs to get 10 fragments and combine into one or those chests you get various items from. Correct me if I am wrong.

9 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Use the forum "dev tracker" feature to see the various public responses NC Staff have given regarding the lag situation; including instructions on how you can help by reporting certain details and logs to support. They're working on it, but the more data they're supplied = the sooner a fix will be rolled out

Already did that and even sent in extra information. This problem is so serious it's needs to be addressed more especially when people who seem to work in that field are on here telling them what to do and it's been over 1 week no. Siege is horrible to play in. The more longer this problem persists the more people will leave and not come back. This should have been solved within a week when they are so many complaints.

Another 7.5 dislike is now with the transformations. After every 8 weeks (which is still way too long) you could get one before this update by completing the weekly lugbug quests. Apparently with 7.5 the system is changed and you need 100. The catch is though you can get 5-10 shards after finishing weekly lugbug quest. Even if you somehow got 10 every time you now earn one legendary contract every 10 weeks. So I guess it's time to forget lugbug.

1 hour ago, Treos-DN said:

Another 7.5 dislike is now with the transformations. After every 8 weeks (which is still way too long) you could get one before this update by completing the weekly lugbug quests. Apparently with 7.5 the system is changed and you need 100. The catch is though you can get 5-10 shards after finishing weekly lugbug quest. Even if you somehow got 10 every time you now earn one legendary contract every 10 weeks. So I guess it's time to forget lugbug.

That part hasnt change, we still need 40 legendary shards to craft one legendary transformation scroll.

Overall, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of the 7.5 patch. I'm a pretty open/casual person who is easily entertained and rarely enraged by video games, so I will still play or whatever, but yeah.

Cons:

- It feels like all of the PVE except for a few super easy instances require a well-thought out group. No longer can you just throw a group recruit in lfg and take whoever applies, potentially making some new friends in the process. Everything is a gear check (and I say that as someone fairly geared), and you gotta balance classes too. I used to enjoy just hopping into random lfg groups and doing something, but you only see Eso, PFNM and IDDNM groups in lfg now. Anything more difficult is a static formed behind the scenes.

- Getting to and running within Silentera Canyon is awful. It takes forever to get to an instance/boss. If we could mount up in there, at least we could sprint, but nah.

- PVP is so zergy now. No longer is it possible to just go to Crimson Katalam either solo or duo. Everyone seems to run in groups of 8-12 nowadays just to flip camps and kill mobs. Gone are the fun 2v2 or 1v2 fights.

- To that end, I think the 20 ultimate blood marks cost for the siege title is too high. Trying to flip camps by yourself is SO hard now. Again, I'm decently geared; I can't imagine how long it would take to do it with no PVP gear. Just death, death, death. This disallows new/returning users from participating in those two sieges, which is hurtful to both feelings and gear progression.

- I don't like that Lakrum, Demaha, and Crimson Katalam all share the same hourglass timer. It prevents us from just hanging out in those maps and exploring. I can't go to Lakrum without feeling the hourglass pressure on me. Gotta make sure I save enough time for siege/altars! :/

- Leveling a new toon is so incredibly boring now. It's just 10-kill quests over and over across Beluslan. It's... actually quite sad, really.

- Gelkmaros and Inggison are hideous maps. There, I said it.

- What genius thought it would be a good idea to combine 100 gem shards in order to get a gemstone that's not even for your class?

- I don't feel like there are enough ways to farm rune shards and gem shards currently.

- I feel that Renown XP decreases a bit too much on Mondays. I understand the need to decrease it once a week to keep people participating in quests, but the decrease percentage is too high.

- Getting around in Demaha is tough now. We can no longer scroll to Demaha, so if we're at altars and need to "return" in order to get to a different altar quickly, we have to scroll back to Gelk/Ing and then take the portal back to Demaha, then fly down to Stellusia again. At the very least, the portal in Gelk/Ing should take you to Stellusia, NOT those worthless outposts.

- Too much reliance on farming world bosses for gemstones -- and I say that as someone fortunate enough to be in a legion that gets a lot of world bosses. It just widens the gap between the geared and the ungeared.

- Just overall, the gap between the geared and ungeared widens and widens and widens. This ties back to being unable to just form any PVE group in lfg. I mean someone with +6 stigmas vs someone with +15 stigmas? y i k e s

- There are too many types/"brands" of gear now. The guide is just bursting. It's overwhelming and unnecessary. It could have just been the same 2 or 3 types of gear, but available from many places. No need to have tons of different named gears.

- What on earth is the rng within rng to get a captain on the dredges? First, you have to hurry and find/kill the pods that spawn. Then, you have to hope that rng actually spawns a dredge portal (seems to be like a 10% chance). Then, once you're on the dredge, you have to hope the captain actually spawns? The rewards you get for killing the captain are NOT worth all of this ridiculous rng. If the portal spawns, the captain should be there, end of story.

Pros:

- I like the Red Cellar instance, and it's especially useful right now while people are trying to farm gemstones. It's easy enough that you can just take anyone from legion without having to awkwardly gear check them.

- I appreciate that the gemstones and runestones are able to be removed and re-socketed into new gear. I'm actually shocked that NCsoft didn't make them destroyed upon removal. Very pleasant surprise there.

- I like that world bosses drop a selectable ultimate manastone for EVERYONE now instead of rolling and hoping to get one and then it ends up being a Parry manastone. However, as I mentioned before, it's very hard for people to get world bosses unless you're in a big legion, so this can actually be a con as well as it further contributes to the widening gap between the geared and ungeared.

- I like the EXP crystals that drop in Abyssal Splinter now.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

. If - I appreciate that the gemstones and runestones are able to be removed and re-socketed into new gear. I'm actually shocked that NCsoft didn't make them destroyed upon removal. Very pleasant surprise there.

Yeah the socketing just work like stigmas, but is not that surprising knowing they can be enchanted up to +20 

I guess now you are adding them to the Cons section lmao

16 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

I've only been to Katalam a few times. As I understand it, to buy the title required to get into those sieges requires 20 ultimate blood marks not legendary which is what you get from the quests at the camp. I do not know how to get ultimate blood marks other than from mobs to get 10 fragments and combine into one or those chests you get various items from. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ultimate Bloodmarks come from the weekly Kata quests for camp flipping. Try and flip 1-Star camps if you're solo or not confident in your dps; higher star camps have stronger captains. PVP kills for the "War" tab quests also reward Ultimate Bloodmarks.

23 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

1 - why is this mechanic even  necessary?

2 - not everyone is in one of the 2 largest legions ( or even wants to be) - so no it is far from being 10 minutes of play time.

There’s more but I won’t belabour it, basically there’s no reason to block anyone from participating as long as they meet level requirements.

1: I assume it's to do with cross-server siege balance issues which would occur in Korea and other regions, which is why Panesterra had similar faction number limits. The difference is this barrier for entry helps filter out the trolls and spies who clog the queue.

2. What does legion have to do with Bloodmark acquisition? None of the BM quests are legion locked and there are no legion locked exclusives which would make the process easier or faster.

To your point of reaching level requirement; the Devs might argue that you do not, in fact, reach the requirement for these tougher sieges with stronger mobs if you're unable to get 20 marks in 7 days. That's just speculation on the thought process though

Archived