What's happening with the game?

Kyari-KT

Did you guys notice that when Cyan left everything is starting to die?
The forum still have pined really old post, like 3 weeks ago maintenance, manastone event and even feedback of past update. Is like the forum is stagnating or idk, we didn't even have a feedback post of this update (I supposed Loki's post would be considerer like ''feedback post'' but is not even relevant) 
Many of us are experiencing an insane lag,(even before patch) today I couldn't event play in all day, the only thing I did was buy the title for siege and i can't even go now because I'm constantly having +2000ms, wth, and nobody is telling us anything about this. I always use to enjoy patch even if they were terrible or boring like 5.x, but now I can't even play! Ah but BCM is working like anything happens. Really I considering to leave the freaking game cuz is starting to being frustrating and,damn, we didn't even can have nice skins or stupid stuff like that, idk why we have so many limits in little things. Before we don't usually have fast replys of Cyan but at least he enters to forum and pined in/out old post, if we don't even have our GM's helping us here what is the purpose of GM? Many players of my legion start to think they want to leave the game until next update, I'm seriously thinking about not buying prestige anymore.

Also the stigma event sucks, at least they could have increased the enchantment rate.
Idk what you guys think.

We get more forum replies now by Loki and Hime than we got from Cyan before. This has nothing to do with Cyan himself, they probably did some changes and he either left or they fired him, we will never know and it is irrelevant.

What matters is that Loki is always trying to reply and we get Hime to reply as well.

Well OP-  we never even had GMs replying in these forums. Also, maybe some of the lag that people are reporting (I'm not experiencing it at all) is due to your region? Is it due to  the  game engine, which is ancient by now? who knows. Not to discount the separate issues that KT has had for NPCs - and DN as well- those are bugs that we need to have fixed.

1. With each new patch starting from 6.0, the lag increases, and pictures distort more, making it sometimes impossible to see where I am and to play. On 6.0-7.0 the lag and distortions were mostly in populated areas like Temple of Wisdom and Stellusia, often in other parts of Demaha after we flew from Stellusia. On the new patch the lag is still worse and EVERYWHERE, even alone at home in Pernon and in Luna! I click on a button and it replies in several seconds! Sometimes doesn't reply at all. At the same time, on my strongest computer, of 8th generation i7-8700, the CPU uses only 10% of its capacity!! What a stupid technical implementation, who invented it???  We know why the human brain is only used by 10% - because oringially we had 12 DNA threads but then Reptiloid invaders captured the Earth and genetically modified humans - disconnected 10 DNA threads and left only 2 active, to make humans feel helpless and lonely, forgetting the past, the destiny, the future and everything, so it became possible to keep them in religious fear and exploit as slaves, and steal their energy. Do you remember how high was Aion on 5.x patches? We got campaigns about restoring the old memory, discovering the lost Destiny, recall Eternity... It's was an interesting scenario worth the transition of the whole Earth to the age of Aquarius. We got longer wings, enchanting of wings, soaring  abilities, we had the Abyss with exciting  3D sieges and 3D base capturings.  The game was so dear! (even though lag existed in populated places, but I had weaker compiuters, even then it was less laggy than today! Transition to 6.0 was totally shameful devastation and disappointment! Reptiloids captured the minds of Aion developers and they removed one of 3 dimensions from the game!! They removed the whole Abyss, and didn't create any new location  for flight and flying combat! They even removed  the gathering of Aether in the sky, which was so symbolic for Aion for years. Especially the Abyss and flight were the trademarks of Aion  since the very start, and suddenly they killed it! So I think about reptiloids in the minds of the developers, why they could fall so low and make such devolution to the game! 

Then I found (at last) a gate to Eye of Reshanta, shortly before a siege, in Lakrum, on a night between Tuesday and Wednesday. I liked the fact that we could fly there, but it was sad that we couldn't fly within the fortress. Why such stupid limitation??  I still waited and waited, when their low shameful slavery state of mind passes and they will bring back the Abyss... Now the new patch is still worse!! The Abyss is never mentioned in the patch notes, even the Eye of Reshanta!!  They removed Enshar, the most beautiful location in the remains of the game.  They forcibly moved us all to the obelisk in Gelkmaros. Well, I passed campaigns in Gelkmaros rather recently, as I grew on patch es 6-7, and there's nothing new to me. Why bringing us forcibly to the registered obelisk after visiting Luna or any other instance? (They started it on 6.x patch, I didn't have time to write my negative attitude about it). Don't they remember that we have the Return button? Why moving us forcibly to somewhere without asking our agreement???  Then they brought Crimson Katalam - I visited it once and was extremely bored in an hour or 2. It only consisted of capturable bases, no campaigns, no flight, slow movement between bases, so I tried to get to some Asmodian base, in the whole map, I maybe only once got to one base, then as I tried to move to another, it was already occupied by the oppositng faction! So, after useless attempts to get to our base for 2 hours I left Katalam in frustration and never came to it again!! Imho, capturing bases is ONLY good in 3D, in the Abyss, when we can fly above the base, see whether the captain is there, and if yes, target him and kill him without interacting with other mobs. On-ground base capturing is extremely boring, cause we inevitable get attacked by all mobs in the base without seeing whether the captain is there! In 2014 or 2015, Katalam was so much better, there were campaigns, I did campaigns on my alts of lev 63, it was interesting and exciting, in the last days of Katalam, and coped with the quests even their equipment was far not the best, they used fabled gear  gotten from the campaings, and coped with everything! And ran away from Elyos when couldn't cope with them, it was an exciting adventure! Now the present Katalam is a degradation, a pathetic parody of the old Katalam! There's no campaigns, everywhere a super-strong gear is required to even kill one mob, I may be one-shot by elyos at any moment.

In this damned 2D-world I'm only interested in pve campaigns! So i preferred to do it in Lakrum and demaha. On the new patch you spoiled them too, bringing them to instance serevers, removing the obelisks, I was in Lakrum, I don't know how to get to Demaha, General scrolls and teleports maps became denied of Lakrum and Demaha, what the nyerk? It's impossinle to get home from there, buffs, mantras and transformation scrolls effects disappear when I get to or from there, how I hate that!   Why do we need so many battlefield locations and almost nothing to do campaigns&& I already did campaigns in Gelkmaros (by the way, some of them didn't work, eg, Message in a Windstream - I glided together with my partner girl, landed on the needed spot both, but she got the quest completion (yellow sun) but I didn't, tried 5 times, tried on another computer, nothing and no-one fixed it. Then there was a crucial bug in "Sacred Memories" campaign in Enshar - after killing a dragon of Ereshkigal, I couldn't get to anywhere at all, when i know, there must be an opened door to a red windstream leading to further corridors and further fights. So I never chanced to meet Beritra and complete the campaign ^( Still i love campaigns and loved Enshar as a beautiful place to level new toons. gelkmaros is much worse, it's mostly unbeautiful and i saw it soooo many times, passing all my toons through it, there is nothing new, even if you added something. Mobs levels were increased to 80, but the rewards for canpaigns are manstones of level 60! Are you laughing?  One thing doesn't correspond to another! Do you think it can be attractive to anyone??

On a good-equipped toon i tried to kill a Wild Lorail mob in Gelkmaros (for an orange campaign in "Guide" tab") - the mob would always run away, my Songweaver has movement speed +22% + Inspiration skill + Legendary transformation like Bolvig (45% speed), and used to approach and beat the nob with Daevanion skills, but the mob never lost even a little part of its health! I became disappointed, it's impossible to play such way!! I loved this orange "Windstream" campaign in Lakrum on the previous patch, - the quest about earning Genesis Crystals, by killing npcs in bases and doing Cubic quests, when we would bring 200 genesis crystals and received 500, so I did it on many toons and bought  them Ancient Herald Wings, I like them for the possibility to be tuned to 236 sec flight time, and enchanted them to +15 almost on all of those toons (some yet +14), the event with Stormwing pet giving red enchantment stones and purple, stimulated me for this process. But now, WHERE CAN WE FLY??? 

The trailer  to this patch showed some flying combat between characters in Balaurea. Where is it in the game? Is it another lie??

Aion is crap without flying! :(  

9 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Well OP-  we never even had GMs replying in these forums. Also, maybe some of the lag that people are reporting (I'm not experiencing it at all) is due to your region? Is it due to  the  game engine, which is ancient by now? who knows. Not to discount the separate issues that KT has had for NPCs - and DN as well- those are bugs that we need to have fixed.

Welp you're obviously new.

We've been through several CM changes and each time GM's throw a post or so. 

What an odd connection to make. If you think about it, the majority of the work done on this current patch was done when Cyan was still our community manager. So if something doesn't work or there is lag, he was around when the patch was being tested. And even if you point out that he was around when the patch was working its way to us, he was a community manager. He wasn't a tester or a translator or a coder or anything of the sort. It was his job to communicate with us and, sadly, mostly his communications were to tell us that he had no information on things we wanted changed or fixed. It wasn't his job to get this patch to us or to make sure everything worked.

Put away your tinfoil hat. It really isn't needed here.

Loki's forum name used to be {QA} Loki, so he was, obviously, a quality assurance person to test new patches/updates. However, now his forum name is just Loki. He has also been fairly active on the forums this past week. So it's very possible he is our new CM/taking over Cyan's role.

Poor Loki lol.

On 2020-05-29 at 11:51 PM, Jake-DN said:

Welp you're obviously new.

We've been through several CM changes and each time GM's throw a post or so. 

Are you familiar with the expression about what assume stands for? Check it out? Because no, I’m not - and those would have been producer announcements if they came from Gideon

54 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Loki's forum name used to be {QA} Loki, so he was, obviously, a quality assurance person to test new patches/updates. However, now his forum name is just Loki. He has also been fairly active on the forums this past week. So it's very possible he is our new CM/taking over Cyan's role.

Poor Loki lol.

I doubt that he’s been officially moved out of QA if anything he’s doing both QA and helping Hime in CM work until ( IF) they find a replacement for Cyan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 10:20 AM, Rapier-DN said:

Are you familiar with the expression about what assume stands for? Check it out? Because no, I’m not - and those would have been producer announcements if they came from Gideon

Maybe you didn't understand what I had said.

Every time a CM transitions (also after a big patch sometimes), you will see a few posts by GM's. 

Happened with Trine, with Bubbles, with Sly, with Nyx, and with Hime. 

Not talking about producer announcements, I'm talking about casual input and responses from GM's on the Aion forums. 

Archived