Stigma enchant rates, I loled

Arhangelos

Between this past weekend and the prior weekend I've done about 10 extra stigmas to +15, and 8 of them started out +9.  I wanted to get my Cyclone Servant to +15 for PVE (the tics are similar to Infernal Pain), try out the new Adv Withering Gloom (it's freaking damn good in pvp and can't be removed), test out if Advanced Spirit Wall of Protection gave higher phys atk stats to grp (it doesn't because Pet actually casts the skill, so +15 only lowers CD), and decided to test my luck with various others including pet stigmas.

In total it took about less than 180 stigma enchant stones for 10 stigmas. I didn't set it to auto enchant, I did it one by one and would move slightly between attempts- also I did the cancel dance about 4-5 times before letting it go whenever I got +11 and +14. By far it was harder to go from +9 to +12 than from +12 to +15 during these rounds of attempts.  I noticed that you may get a really bad streak of failures in a row of about 10-25 but then start getting success every other or 2-3 in a row and even the fails would not drop a lev more than a few times. 2 of my enchants lucked out and crit proc'd to +15 from 13. I found that on my toon doing it on Sat and Sunday were the most successful days. I got curious and tried enchanting on a Monday and had horrible luck so i waited until this past Sat/Sunday and had great luck again. KT Inggison Elyos LFG chat can attest to this.

I was having such great luck that other players asked me to do theirs if they provided the enchant stones. 1 of them had a Dazzling Blue SM Gemstone they traded me if I got their Blessing of Stone to +15 from +9, it took me less than 60 stones. A templar had a greater stigma +12 and gave me 60 stones to try to get it to +15, I succeeded and gave him back 37 stones.

Prior to this, at the start of the stigmas stone sale it took me about 800 stones to get my primary 7 stigmas (Shackle of Vulnerability was my 7th) to +15 from +12. All those enchanting and testing I found that some days are much more successful to enchant on than others for stigmas (for me it's Saturday and Sundays), I can't say that the luck would've been the same if I just did the auto enchant way, but 6 of those 10 were successful on the first or 2nd cancel dance when it was +11 and +14.

I'm not trying to say there is a trick to enchanting, and it could be that I am just incredibly lucky, I am just providing as much data and details as I can on what I was doing and how I was doing it when I was getting so many successful enchants if people want to do their own testing. Of all the stuff I said, the only 1 thing I def believe is true is that the days you enchant on matter more than anything else.

2 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Between this past weekend and the prior weekend I've done about 10 extra stigmas to +15, and 8 of them started out +9.  I wanted to get my Cyclone Servant to +15 for PVE (the tics are similar to Infernal Pain), try out the new Adv Withering Gloom (it's freaking damn good in pvp and can't be removed), test out if Advanced Spirit Wall of Protection gave higher phys atk stats to grp (it doesn't because Pet actually casts the skill, so +15 only lowers CD), and decided to test my luck with various others including pet stigmas.

In total it took about less than 180 stigma enchant stones for 10 stigmas. I didn't set it to auto enchant, I did it one by one and would move slightly between attempts- also I did the cancel dance about 4-5 times before letting it go whenever I got +11 and +14. By far it was harder to go from +9 to +12 than from +12 to +15 during these rounds of attempts.  I noticed that you may get a really bad streak of failures in a row of about 10-25 but then start getting success every other or 2-3 in a row and even the fails would not drop a lev more than a few times. 2 of my enchants lucked out and crit proc'd to +15 from 13. I found that on my toon doing it on Sat and Sunday were the most successful days. I got curious and tried enchanting on a Monday and had horrible luck so i waited until this past Sat/Sunday and had great luck again. KT Inggison Elyos LFG chat can attest to this.

I was having such great luck that other players asked me to do theirs if they provided the enchant stones. 1 of them had a Dazzling Blue SM Gemstone they traded me if I got their Blessing of Stone to +15 from +9, it took me less than 60 stones. A templar had a greater stigma +12 and gave me 60 stones to try to get it to +15, I succeeded and gave him back 37 stones.

Prior to this, at the start of the stigmas stone sale it took me about 800 stones to get my primary 7 stigmas (Shackle of Vulnerability was my 7th) to +15 from +12. All those enchanting and testing I found that some days are much more successful to enchant on than others for stigmas (for me it's Saturday and Sundays), I can't say that the luck would've been the same if I just did the auto enchant way, but 6 of those 10 were successful on the first or 2nd cancel dance when it was +11 and +14.

I'm not trying to say there is a trick to enchanting, and it could be that I am just incredibly lucky, I am just providing as much data and details as I can on what I was doing and how I was doing it when I was getting so many successful enchants if people want to do their own testing. Of all the stuff I said, the only 1 thing I def believe is true is that the days you enchant on matter more than anything else.

There is no trick to enchanting. You are at the mercy of rng. Some people will tell you enchant a lot at one time, I can assure you that doesn't work. Just like your scenario I had one of my one. Or should I say one of many. I had 200 stigma stones from the event and decided to see what enchanting was like.. Well... It was not pleasant. I got only 2 stones to +9. Healing Servant took the rest of my stones and remained at +7. When the event was done I only had 192 stones and was pretty sure I wouldn't get more than 2 to +9. I got 6 to +9. I bought +9s from the broker because I had no more stones. There is good rng on this game unfortunately it is suffocated by bad rng because the mechanics in the game push you towards either playing very long hours everyday, make multiple accounts or what Ncsoft really wants you to do which is spend money. Rng in this game is probably the worst I have seen. The stormwing event was okay and I am thankful for what it helped me achieved but I still couldn't be totally happy when on my main account I collected ultimate stones to enchant the few pieces of +13 gear I had to + 15 and almost every piece took 6 stones to enchant, one took 8 and only 1 piece used 4. At a rate of 52%. Hell I had 18 legendary stones and tried to get a +5 piece to +10 and it is at +5. Truly free my behind....

1 hour ago, Stunny-KT said:

Well @Arhangelos-KT your lucky ! xD I failed 48 stones from 12 to 13 not a single one succeeded, then on the #49 stone it succeeded and went straight to 15 no fail. >.<

Amazing rng!

I got my personal stigma enchanter, Covercell did all of my stigmas (I provided the enchants, he did the enchanting). I have a full set of advanced stigmas now.

The mistake is auto enchanting.

Archived