Violeta-KT

[Aion 7.5] GemStone Skills

Gemstones come in 3 colors Red/Blue/Green. In order to equip a Gemstone you must first unlock a Gemstone slot on an Accessory (only Necklace/Earrings/Rings/Belts). Unlocking a Gemstone slot requires 100 Blessed Manastone Fastners which can be Aetherforged (1p) using 1000 Manastone Fastners. When expanding a Gemstone slot there is a 30% chance of getting 1 of the 3 colors or 10% chance of a slot that accepts any color. You must equip Gemstones of the same color (5 Normal or 3 Shining or 1 Dazzling) to unlock the corresponding Gemstone Skill.

Identifying a Gemstone will also apply a random skill boost, a list of each possible skill boost is here.

Enchanting a Gemstone to +5 activates an additional effect. Each Gemstone color has a different additional effect, and it is the same for every class:

• Red Gemstone +5: For 5 sec reduces HP Recovery effect by 30%
  • Blue Gemstone +5: For 8 sec reduces PvE/PvP defense by 500
  • Green Gemstone +5 : Reduces the Cooldown of Remove Shock by 10 sec.

• Gladiator
    • odi_dropimpact.pngodi_jumpattack.pngodi_parryfocus.png
  • Templar
    • odi_godjudgement.pngodi_fortitudewave.pngodi_protectshield.png
  • Assassin
    • odi_dashattack.pngodi_stormslash.pngodi_raidstance.png
  • Ranger
    • odi_arrowstorm.pngodi_steelarrow.pngodi_instantsprint.png
  • Sorcerer
    • odi_raisingstorm.pngodi_frozenfield.pngodi_physicalwall.png
  • Spiritmaster
    • odi_cursedbreath.pngodi_magicalbreakdown.pngodi_escape.png
  • Cleric
    • odi_thunderbolt.pngodi_divinespark.pngodi_phoenixstep.png
  • Chanter
    • odi_presssmash.pngodi_swordbind.pngodi_renewedvitality.png
  • Gunslinger
    • odi_snipingshot.pngodi_gravitycannon.pngodi_checkingtoavoid.png
  • Aethertech
    • odi_overloadexplosion.pngodi_flamethrow.pngodi_itheumreflector.png
  • Songweaver
    • odi_songofgale.pngodi_magicaldestruction.pngodi_songofhope.png
  • Vandal
    • odi_paintthrow.pngodi_chargingplaster.pngodi_paintshield.png

Many of these skills are game changing, clerics can self cleanse Para/Sleep/Fear, what? You might need to farm duplicate Accessories since you can get screwed while expanding and not get enough of the slot color needed. Probably should open the Gemstone slot before the manastone slots.

14 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Many of these skills are game changing, clerics can self cleanse Para/Sleep/Fear, what?

Which gemstone skill does that? Sorry, I am still trying to wrap my head around all this. ūüėÖ

Posted (edited)

@Violeta-KT thx a lot great post :D

33 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

Which gemstone skill does that? Sorry, I am still trying to wrap my head around all this. ūüėÖ

violeta is so good at making guides, that you can actually click on the little skill images and get redirected to the skill info lol

@Arhangelos-KT you use icon_item_synthesis01.png Extraction Solvent, on Wings, Bracelet, Plume and accesories to get icon_item_enchant_grind_item_dust_01.pngRefining Stone Dust, you assemble 100 of these and get a icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png Refining stone, you just use it like a normal enchantment over the Runes and Gemstones.

P.S.  Omegalul, please send Templars to retirement, Vandal on top  their 60% dmg reduction ''iron skin'' stigma, now they have a 100k shield with Gems, GG.

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Posted (edited)

as usual sorc skills are worthless in comparison to the other classes.

Really, the developers should allow anyone playing sorc to have  a free one-time ticket to re-roll the class of their choosing with all of of their titles, gear and items mapped to the selected class.

Then they can delete the class. They really don't have a clue .

Edited by Rapier-DN

44 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

as usual sorc skills are worthless in comparison to the other classes.

The Frost Binding skill is not too bad because it cannot be removed/dispelled. Inhuman Toughness could go either way. On one hand, you can't use any skills while it's in effect, but on the other hand, it reduces your Remove Shock CD by 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

you use icon_item_synthesis01.png Extraction Solvent, on Wings, Bracelet, Plume and accesories to get icon_item_enchant_grind_item_dust_01.pngRefining Stone Dust, you assemble 100 of these and get a icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png Refining stone, you just use it like a normal enchantment over the Runes and Gemstones.

Sorry, could you elaborate on this a bit more? I was out of town for two days at the start of this patch, and I feel so lost about many things now since I missed all the legion chat/lfg questions that were being asked and answered during that time lol. So if I use the Extraction Solvent on a bracelet (or whatever) to get the Refining Stone Dust, does it destroy the bracelet? In other words, should I only be doing this on rubbish gear I don't intend to keep? And when you say you use it like an enchantment stone, is this what gives your gemstone the +5 effect over time?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Sorry, could you elaborate on this a bit more? I was out of town for two days at the start of this patch, and I feel so lost about many things now since I missed all the legion chat/lfg questions that were being asked and answered during that time lol. So if I use the Extraction Solvent on a bracelet (or whatever) to get the Refining Stone Dust, does it destroy the bracelet? In other words, should I only be doing this on rubbish gear I don't intend to keep? And when you say you use it like an enchantment stone, is this what gives your gemstone the +5 effect over time?

the solvent is a new extraction tool, so yep the item gets destroyed, also if you extract the item the normal way you only will get manastone fastenrs and Zero refining Dust, about what items to extract i would use only the best you can get, always Ultimate grade, wings prefareble or necklace/bracelet, to maximize the amount of refining dust, because this solvent can be tricky to get, the sources are very few with weekly caps, and with Fame renown lv 6 and higher. (you can get 5 easy per week, 3 from lugbug and 2 from aetherforging)

the extra +5 effect you get it by enchating the gems and runes with this icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png&key= Refining stones. 
BUT note that the New skills gets unlocked according to the gemstone quality, Normal, Brilliant and Dazlling. The greater the quality the less amount of Gemstones of same skill you need to have socketed to unlock said skill.

for example you want this chanter skill odi_renewedvitality.png you need to have 1 Dazzling gem, or 3 Brilliants gems or 5 common gems green color, socketed and then the skill gets unlocked. To get the extra secondary effect (Remove shock CD reduction) you will have to get them to +5.

if the enchanting fails, gems/runes became corrupted, they still work, but can't be enchanted anymore, unless you Purify/Cleanse? them with some item i don't have a clue how to get.

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The Frost Binding skill is not too bad because it cannot be removed/dispelled. Inhuman Toughness could go either way. On one hand, you can't use any skills while it's in effect, but on the other hand, it reduces your Remove Shock CD by 10 seconds.

It extracts it for manastone fasteners, if you also use this solvent you also get the dusts. Edit: Devil got me on this first

I am practically done with 7.5, the amount of bs they brought to the game is insane.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

45 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Snip

OK- look at the SM  who now have 3 useful skills, the Vandal shield, the cleric remove para/sleep/fear . not that every class has amazing skills but I don't see a single class that requires someone to be immobilized (second such skill for sorcs) . 

So, they basically repeated an existing vision stigma  that is semi-useful as it is very situational (repulsion field)  and an existing stigma (winter binding) which is again semi-useful (adding- the non-removable effect) and which I rarely socket, and added a not very impressive  damage skill. Looks like they phoned this in. Not at all impressed.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

the solvent is a new extraction tool, so yep the item gets destroyed, also if you extract the item the normal way you only will get manastone fastenrs and Zero refining Dust, about what items to extract i would use only the best you can get, always Ultimate grade, wings prefareble or necklace/bracelet, to maximize the amount of refining dust, because this solvent can be tricky to get, the sources are very few with weekly caps, and with Fame renown lv 6 and higher. (you can get 5 easy per week, 3 from lugbug and 2 from aetherforging)

the extra +5 effect you get it by enchating the gems and runes with this icon_item_enchant_grind_item_01.png&key= Refining stones. 
BUT note that the New skills gets unlocked according to the gemstone quality, Normal, Brilliant and Dazlling. The greater the quality the less amount of Gemstones of same skill you need to have socketed to unlock said skill.

for example you want this chanter skill odi_renewedvitality.png you need to have 1 Dazzling gem, or 3 Brilliants gems or 5 common gems green color, socketed and then the skill gets unlocked. To get the extra secondary effect (Remove shock CD reduction) you will have to get them to +5.

if the enchanting fails, gems/runes became corrupted, they still work, but can't be enchanted anymore, unless you Purify/Cleanse? them with some item i don't have a clue how to get.

Thank you, your explanation is very helpful!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Snip

OK- look at the SM  who now have 3 useful skills, the Vandal shield, the cleric remove para/sleep/fear . not that every class has amazing skills but I don't see a single class that requires someone to be immobilized (second such skill for sorcs) . 

So, they basically repeated an existing vision stigma  that is semi-useful as it is very situational (repulsion field)  and an existing stigma (winter binding) which is again semi-useful (adding- the non-removable effect) and which I rarely socket, and added a not very impressive  damage skill. Looks like they phoned this in. Not at all impressed.

SMs Shadow Insignia, is situational at best. Its the green gemstone which gives the 10sec remove shock reduction, but it can't be used in combat, so it can only be used as an opener to drop target or in between fights. I'd take Sorcs green gemstone over that in a heartbeat. Inhuman toughness doesn't immobilize you, it silences you. Repulsion Field at +15 paralyzes anyone that hits you for 3sec and I've seen Sorcs in Korea use it to great effect. Since you are comparing SMs Gemstones, their Red Gemstone has a base Damage of 3200 while Sorcs red gemstone has a base of 1950 x 3 if that is unimpressive why is SMs so useful? Lastly Sorcs Blue Gem Stone, Frost Binding, is a second Winter Binding (the AoE root) not the stigma skill Ice sheet. It's also the strongest snare at 70% speed Reduction.

2 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

You get icon_item_enchant_purifier_dust01.png by extracting Gemstones/Runestones. 100 can be combined to make icon_item_enchant_purifier_01.png which can be used to cleanse the gem/rune. Every time a Gem/Rune is corrupted it will take increasing amounts of potions to cleanse it, the potions are pretty hard to get so this could be a problem.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It extracts it for manastone fasteners, if you also use this solvent you also get the dusts.

When using an Extraction Solvent on Accessories you get Refining Dust instead of Manastone Fastners. If used on a PvP Item you also get Fighting Spirit Fragments.

Edited by Violeta-KT

13 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

When using an Extraction Solvent on Accessories you get Refining Dust instead of Manastone Fastners. If used on a PvP Item you also get Fighting Spirit Fragments.

Oh ok, I didn't know that, that is one more thing to add to the confusion lol.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

@Violeta-KT thx a lot great post :D

violeta is so good at making guides, that you can actually click on the little skill images and get redirected to the skill info lol

LMAO, thanks @DevilNest-KT. I actually did hover over the icons before I made my post to see if they had a URL attached to them, but for some reason the link didn't show up. ūü§£ Sorry!