[Aion 7.5] GemStone Skills

Violeta-KT

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Just checking to make sure you realize you have to socket them in different pieces of gear. It's a bit unclear from your wording, but it sounds like you're trying to socket 5 gemstones in 1 piece of gear? If so, that's not how it works. It's 1 gemstone per piece of gear. So you'd need 5 accessories all with the blue slot to be able to socket 5 regular gemstones. That is why most people don't bother with regular gemstones and go for the Shinings; you only need 3 Shinings to get the extra skill. (Or 1 Dazzling.) It's very tough to get 5 accessories with the same color.

Of course I tried to socket gemstones to 1 piece of gear. It's a bolt from the blue for me that they must be socketed to 5 different accessories!! As you also say, it's tough to get 5 accessories with same colors of gemstone sockets.  It's in fact a mission impossible, because when I buy these expensive pieces I can never know which color of gemstone slot will be in the piece I buy! And I cannot know it even after buying until I spend 1000 socket stones (100 blessed socket stones)! Then after expanding 5 slots in different pieces they are not not of the same coloir and all my Genesis Crystals, Titan coins or Event coins + very many socket stones are spent in vain? And I can't change the color anyway? What crazy people invented this?! They laugh at us, I refuse from playing such game! >:( And it wasn't written anywhere about 5 pieces of gear needed to have opened Gemstone slots and have same color!! Not on my gear, nor in this topic, so all descriptions are desinformation! >:( I would have never spent 1000 socket stones (100 blessed socket stones) to open 1 slot if I ever knew this! >:(  I could only gather 300 socket stones per week by the exchange for Experience marks since this patch began and let me earn level 3 of Gelkmaros renown, and since all this crazy stuff about gemstones and runestones started! In the beginning of the patch I didn't even try to go for Gemstones while exchanging Experience marks to Socket stones, because I wanted first to gather socket stones for socketing manastones! I spent many socket stones to expand  manastone slots in Ultimate Gear, it's very expensive and I chanced to expand very few manastone slots, I really lack slots in Ultimate gear! Then I decided to experience this stuff with gemstones and now I so much regret having done this! I want this reverted and get my 1000 Socket stones back! Then, the stuff about refining Gemstones is also crazy, meaning the extraction! 

On the previous patch I used to craft Ancient feather accessories to extract simple socket stones for manastones, well now I also regret having destroyed almost all of those plumes and bracelets because my Legendary gear is being replaced by Ultimate, that event in the end of the previous patch with socketing buff 100% success that seduced me for extracting very many pieces is behind, I didn't even use the socketed gear in battle, and any new plumes and bracelets are UGLY, they're short and can't be made long any way, as they don't support enchanting, I don't buy them at all and I would better have had more plumes and bracelets from the previous patch that are enchantable! :( Well this is a bit off topic, but 1000 socket stones spent in vain frustrates me :(

Can I ask about Runestone stuff here a little bit, they go to wings, do they require only 1 pair of wings hopefully, not 3?

PS: Shining and Dazzling Gemstones seem to be very expansive too.

40 minutes ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

And I can't change the color anyway?

Can I ask about Runestone stuff here a little bit, they go to wings, do they require only 1 pair of wings hopefully, not 3?

You can re-seal the socket and re-open it gambling again to see what you got, but that item is also expensive and I think for the moment locked behind prestige only (unless they put it in BCM as well so it is also p2w)

Runes go to wings, plumes and bracelets, there are two effects there, the first effect is a skill you get, like if you get an XP rune and you enchant it it gives you additional passive XP boost that works as long as you wear that piece of armor. Runes though also give you a transformation boost and guess what, you need 3 runes of the same "type" meaning they all three need to boost the same transform for it to work. The transformation boost is not that OP at least for a +5 rune and most people don't even have/care about that. So for runes you simply hope to get the correct type of rune for the job needed, for example if you have pvp wings and you get a support rune slot, bad luck, an attack rune is good or a boost as well.

20 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You can re-seal the socket and re-open it gambling again to see what you got, but that item is also expensive and I think for the moment locked behind prestige only (unless they put it in BCM as well so it is also p2w)

Runes go to wings, plumes and bracelets, there are two effects there, the first effect is a skill you get, like if you get an XP rune and you enchant it it gives you additional passive XP boost that works as long as you wear that piece of armor. Runes though also give you a transformation boost and guess what, you need 3 runes of the same "type" meaning they all three need to boost the same transform for it to work. The transformation boost is not that OP at least for a +5 rune and most people don't even have/care about that. So for runes you simply hope to get the correct type of rune for the job needed, for example if you have pvp wings and you get a support rune slot, bad luck, an attack rune is good or a boost as well.

Thanks. I first of all wonder if I need to expand slots in 3 feather accessories or 1 is enough? Will there also be the problem thatr the slots will not be same and the whole thing with Runestones won't work like it happens with Gemstones?

26 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Runes go to wings, plumes and bracelets, there are two effects there, the first effect is a skill you get, like if you get an XP rune and you enchant it it gives you additional passive XP boost 

What means XP, Experience?? Is there such rune? I got Fehu slot, I forgot how it's called. they are also of different types differing by transformations. How does it work with transformations, do they apply their appearance on the character or only stats? As I find out, all their stats are weaker then the Pixel's ones that I got from a survey. So, I can overwrite the transformation and care only about the skill?

51 minutes ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

What means XP, Experience?? Is there such rune? I got Fehu slot, I forgot how it's called. they are also of different types differing by transformations. How does it work with transformations, do they apply their appearance on the character or only stats? As I find out, all their stats are weaker then the Pixel's ones that I got from a survey. So, I can overwrite the transformation and care only about the skill?

There are three types of rune slots, support, attack and boost and obviously items can get any of these, there is a chance you get a general slot that can put any type you want. There is also a chance you get a blessed slot which already gives passively +2 by default in any rune you put (so if you put a +1 rune it will act as a +3 rune).

Each rune can give a special skill based on what type it is as seen below in the images.

Lets say you open 3 accessories and they are all attack type, you can socket 3 attack type runes of any choice below for a skill you want. also if you enchant a rune to +1 the skill will be +1 and so on. If you get 3 different types, like one attack, one support and one boost you can put one of each in its slot obviously.

Rune-types-attack.jpg

Rune-types-boost.jpg

Rune-types-support.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Whatever skill the rune might give you from the above list, it is 100% irrelevant to what we talk from this line and below)

Now the last part about the transform, each rune can have an adjective, like  surname, like support rune of lunacy, attack rune of arrogance etc. The last word says which transform it will boost if it meets the criteria. the criteria is you need 3 same adjectives in the runes.

Example 1:

• Support Rune of Lunacy
  • Attack Rune of Lunacy
  • Boost Rune of Lunacy

If you put the above three runes in your feather/wings/bracelet they are all lunacy, so their will start boosting your transforms of Hamerun/Kromede/Sheba  along with the enchants, of course the lowest enchant rune will apply. So if you have a +2, a +3 and a +5, your transform will be the lowest +2 (but each rune's special skill from the list above will be +2, +3 and +5 I hope this makes sense).

Example 2:

• Attack Rune of Tenacity
  • Attack Rune of Tenacity
  • Boost Rune of Tenacity

if you socket the above, again they are all tenacity so they will all boost Mastarius and Irnin when enchanted

runes-types-transform.jpg

Now the names might not be the same to our publisher, this is for EU version I think and the other two ultimates have their own names obviously.

8 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Now the last part about the transform, each rune can have an adjective, like  surname, like support rune of lunacy, attack rune of arrogance etc. The last word says which transform it will boost if it meets the criteria. the criteria is you need 3 same adjectives in the runes.

Example 1:

• Support Rune of Lunacy
  • Attack Rune of Lunacy
  • Boost Rune of Lunacy

If you put the above three runes in your feather/wings/bracelet they are all lunacy, so their will start boosting your transforms of Hamerun/Kromede/Sheba  along with the enchants, of course the lowest enchant rune will apply. So if you have a +2, a +3 and a +5, your transform will be the lowest +2 (but each rune's special skill from the list above will be +2, +3 and +5 I hope this makes sense).

Thanks, it's very detailed, but my question #1 is, may it happen that rune slots on 3 pieces will open so they cannot work together and I need to throw away a piece, buy another and open it?

As far as I see on the broker, runestones of same rune (is it called shape?), f.e. Fehu, Soulo, Ingus, each one may be of different names. (of something). Then, can I always find one that will meet my requirements of all opened slots?

Q.#2 How to enchant Runestones?

I used to see not only Support, Attack, Boost but Harvest too.

7 minutes ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

I liked Fehu of Resonance most due to its transformations (for Chanter), then I need to socket 3 of Resonance and the  shape may be any?

Yes 3 resonance will make enchanting the two transforms possible

16 minutes ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

Thanks, it's very detailed, but my question #1 is, may it happen that rune slots on 3 pieces will open so they cannot work together and I need to throw away a piece, buy another and open it?

As far as I see on the broker, runestones of same rune (is it called shape?), f.e. Fehu, Soulo, Ingus, each one may be of different names. (of something). Then, can I always find one that will meet my requirements of all opened slots?

Q.#2 How to enchant Runestones?

I used to see not only Support, Attack, Boost but Harvest too.

If the slot you open is a support and you do not need a support slot then yes, you either need a new item to open a slot and hope to get one you need, or you have to close that slot and re-open it hoping to get the one you want on the same item. It is an RNG fest.

You enchant it with refinement stones, you get those by extracting runes, getting refinement stone dust and combining 100 dusts for one refinement stone.

39 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If the slot you open is a support and you do not need a support slot then yes, you either need a new item to open a slot and hope to get one you need, or you have to close that slot and re-open it hoping to get the one you want on the same item. It is an RNG fest.

Thanks. Oh damn, I won't wiork with this thing then. If I open bad, the thing to close it is only for prestige coins? Will it return me my 1000 socket stones, no? 

30 minutes ago, SunwheelGreen-KT said:

Thanks. Oh damn, I won't wiork with this thing then. If I open bad, the thing to close it is only for prestige coins? Will it return me my 1000 socket stones, no? 

The only way to reroll a support runestone slot, is to use those socket reset stones which can be obtained through BCM or prestige coins. Socket reset stones will close the slot, and you need 100 blessed stones again to open the slot again. You can still get support rune slot again or another one, depends on your luck. 

And no, it doesn't return your socket stones you've used unfortunately.

• 6 months later...

Archived