Chaotic Vale is not balanced

Yuweh-KT

How come u told us that its a balanced instance when vandal just do is jump shoot shoot that their attack speed doesnt even matter.. while sorc and casting classes suffer due to the 4's to long casting even attack speed is so slow for a sorc to trow things up.. just sucks and u should just tell its a fixed stats instance than a balance instance cause thats way more understandable . please learn whats the difference with fixed stats with balanced stats thx...

5 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

You can use transformation potions in this instance. Problem solved.

you can use every buff or transformation you want, stats remain unchanged.

Chaotic Vale is by far the worst PvP instance ever, maybe is balanced in terms of gear, but its heavily unbalanced in terms of class, some classes have supper slow base atk speed and awful animations, and low base skill damage, making them completely unplayable in this instance.

The only true balanced instance, and wich also can be fun to play its illumiel Brawl, and tbh i was expecting some similar when i read the description of the instance, not this CV pile of garbage.

8 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Chaotic Vale is by far the worst PvP instance ever, maybe is balanced in terms of gear, but its heavily unbalanced in terms of class, some classes have supper slow base atk speed and awful animations, and low base skill damage, making them completely unplayable in this instance.

The only true balanced instance, and wich also can be fun to play its illumiel Brawl, and tbh i was expecting some similar when i read the description of the instance, not this CV pile of garbage.

Have you bothered using a transformation potion? Your casting speed/attack speed are increased even if the stats remain unchanged in the stat screen. Since your stats are equalized this also means you can use gear from pre 6.0 like casting/attack speed gloves, as well Executioner/WoW/SoD to increase your attack/casting speed like normal.

Everyone has 20k active magic/physical attack, so everyone is capable of 2 shotting their opponent.

4 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Everyone has 20k active magic/physical attack, so everyone is capable of 2 shotting their opponent.

So the class that can instantly throw an ulti won while a class that needs to cast a spell in 4 seconds will simply die.

Any instance that takes input of the original class imbalanced mechanics can never be regarded balanced. As @DevilNest-KT mentioned the only thing that can be regarded balanced is Illumiel Brawl because your gear, weapon, daevanions, stigmas, transformations... AND your class are irrelevant. The only thing that affects IB is the player's ping and that has nothing to do with the game itself.

Depends on what you are comparing the balance to. If you compare the balance from instance to open world then yea for the majority of undergeared players that hit between 50-300 on people yep they will consider this instance balanced. But for those that think it is normal to be able to beat people 1v10 then no this instance will feel garbage.

Do some classes have the advantage in there? Yep but developer balance and player balance are 2 different things. CV gives those undergeared the ability to feel what it would be like to have gear praying on the under geared damage wise anyways so in that regard it is balanced towards making people spend more on the game. Probably worked so good on them.

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So the class that can instantly throw an ulti won while a class that needs to cast a spell in 4 seconds will simply die.

Any instance that takes input of the original class imbalanced mechanics can never be regarded balanced. As @DevilNest-KT mentioned the only thing that can be regarded balanced is Illumiel Brawl because your gear, weapon, daevanions, stigmas, transformations... AND your class are irrelevant. The only thing that affects IB is the player's ping and that has nothing to do with the game itself.

Why are you using a 4 second cast on someone that isn't slept?

Sorc PvP 101. You got insta burries and insta sleeps. 

Use them.

11 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

Have you bothered using a transformation potion? Your casting speed/attack speed are increased even if the stats remain unchanged in the stat screen. Since your stats are equalized this also means you can use gear from pre 6.0 like casting/attack speed gloves, as well Executioner/WoW/SoD to increase your attack/casting speed like normal.

i used ancient fennec fox potion 25% atk speed, old gloves with 8%, Bow with 19%, Bestial Fury 20%, Mau Form 30%, all those atk speed bonuses, and No... my atk animation its really slow

11 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

this is completely false.

i'm not 2 shotting anyone.

look at Gladiator damage, 34k dmg with 1 Single skill

Gfpy5qz.png

Now look at Painter 39k dmg with 1 Single skill 

B1iXtZo.png

Now look at Ranger 39k dmg but after using 5 skills lmao

Uk8JPpQ.png

Noticed the times? from first skill to the last one, that was an eternity of 5 seconds.

IB already has 6 different classes made, put them in CV and you will have a Completely balanced instance, and also a Fun one, the ultra slow animation and huge dmg inbalance between classes makes this instance really bad, also rewards suck lol, its sad that a new instance is already useless since first day lol

16 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

Use them.

I am not doing Chaotic Vale obviously since I am a sorc, I stopped doing arena-style instance since forever and if you see the ranks you can see the class is in the drop dead bottom tier.

The only instant sleep we have is the aoe sleep which doesn't have enough range, I need to get closer. There are people with lethal instant skills that are ranged and they do not need to sleep anyone before they can evaporate them all the way to 2030.

Also when you give advice as a sin to a sorc you need to remind yourself I am not playing against a dummy, the enemy has the same if not more insta-burries and lockdowns, and stuns and pulls and in Chaotic Vale everyone is an nuker but they still have their shields and defenses and high HP, while a sorc has practically none of these (except that 50k shield which will break in 0.5 seconds at this dmg output).

On 6/16/2020 at 3:30 AM, Jake-DN said:

Use them.

Sleep is not worth casting while the mobs are plenty and easy spawn ... if u cast sleep its just a waste of casting speed .. before u slept a vandal could just splat u with silence jump jump = die die... Yeah i never did cast sleep cause the last time i tried it just a waste of time... in my advice try playing it with sorc and do it yourself so u could understand ... once you did do it ill take your opinion seriously. cause damn its a joke saying pvp 101 when u got no idea whats the feeling inside of our shoes.. feel free to try !

So 1 part there's some truth to what I was saying. Sorc is the magical ranged version of Assassin. Gear/Stats mechanics don't play in their favor and require decent reaction, game knowledge and skill to win where as other classes can cheese a few iWin buttons. This has been a long standing argument. 

Sorc when played well though, much like a Sin, can control the fight and win nearly every time. It's just it requires a lot of skill and game knowledge.

2nd Part is, well, I'm messing with you. Chaotic Vale is just dumb through and through. It's not even your class, it's everything. It's a horrible instance. 

11 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

Sorc when played well though, much like a Sin, can control the fight and win nearly every time. It's just it requires a lot of skill and game knowledge.

Vandal when played good can kill a whole group, Gladiator when played good can kill a whole group.

This "sorc when played good can kill anyone" is not only wrong but also it is an outdated reply. The class is not meant to kill everyone.

An assassin can use hide and use big burst dmg, debuffs etc to overwhelm, diasable and kill the enemy in 1 second if possible. The sorc can't do that, the character needs to first have someone slept so he can put the delay blast, the semi delay ulti and then hope to bury a silence, if this is not done, we are dead.

Sorcs are not a ranged version of sin, sins literally throw themselves into the enemy to kill with brute force, sorc requires the exact opposite, to stay away from the enemy and disable him before he can even try to attack the enemy with tricks and what not. And disabling any character with sorc is the hardest because most of our crowd control is casted while the majority of classes have instant crowd control.

(And archer for example is an instant physical sorcerer, he can sleep you instantly unlike us, he can use the most effective sleep-sequence with his trap while we have to time out casting of sleep vs the remaining of your sleep time. He can instantly silence you, we need to cast it... and more)

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Vandal when played good can kill a whole group, Gladiator when played good can kill a whole group.

This "sorc when played good can kill anyone" is not only wrong but also it is an outdated reply. The class is not meant to kill everyone.

An assassin can use hide and use big burst dmg, debuffs etc to overwhelm, diasable and kill the enemy in 1 second if possible. The sorc can't do that, the character needs to first have someone slept so he can put the delay blast, the semi delay ulti and then hope to bury a silence, if this is not done, we are dead.

Sorcs are not a ranged version of sin, sins literally throw themselves into the enemy to kill with brute force, sorc requires the exact opposite, to stay away from the enemy and disable him before he can even try to attack the enemy with tricks and what not. And disabling any character with sorc is the hardest because most of our crowd control is casted while the majority of classes have instant crowd control.

(And archer for example is an instant physical sorcerer, he can sleep you instantly unlike us, he can use the most effective sleep-sequence with his trap while we have to time out casting of sleep vs the remaining of your sleep time. He can instantly silence you, we need to cast it... and more)

You're free to your own opinion. There aren't really any skilled PvP sorcs out there anymore, and that goes to the game as a whole. 

PvP died a few years back with the introduction of 6.x, after being on life support due to the RNG bs of 5.x 

Sorcs can still do an incredible lot, it's just easier as a Vandal. This has been a concept since the birth of the game. 

Sadly since there arent any skilled sorc PvPers now, they're all playing like a chanter back in 2.0. Much like a chanter, can still beat any class, just needs skill, game knowledge, and reaction. (god bless you Music and your Lannoks staff lols)

You're really arguing a point that only someone who has limited vision would say though. 

15 minutes ago, Jake-DN said:

You're free to your own opinion. There aren't really any skilled PvP sorcs out there anymore, and that goes to the game as a whole. 

PvP died a few years back with the introduction of 6.x, after being on life support due to the RNG bs of 5.x 

Sorcs can still do an incredible lot, it's just easier as a Vandal. This has been a concept since the birth of the game. {This makes no sense at all lmao. There were no vandals. Three other classes didn't exist. Class balancing was VERY different}

Sadly since there arent any skilled sorc PvPers now, they're all playing like a chanter back in 2.0. Much like a chanter, can still beat any class, just needs skill, game knowledge, and reaction. (god bless you Music and your Lannoks staff lols)

You're really arguing a point that only someone who has limited vision would say though. 

LMAO.

Give it  up already. @Arhangelos-KT gave a good summary of the current situation for sorcs, as usual Jake you're still using outdated and frankly bad rotations that few sorcs used  years ago.

Doesn't apply anymore.

Seen these arguments in other games. Class "x" is great, just needs more skill/perfect rotations/best knowledge/makes no mistakes - then sure you can beat anyone.

Guess what? no one PVPed on that class any more, or only a  few players. Saying there are "no skilled players" of that class completely ignores the reality- the class was not given the proper tools to compete with other players.

Playing sorc right now feel like wearing  tissue paper armed with a water pistol, going up against people in body armor armed with automatic rifles. it isn't easy.

You are arguing points that only someone with a poor memory and outdated knowledge with respect to sorcs would add. Please stop misleading people..

2 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

Sorcs can still do an incredible lot, it's just easier as a Vandal. This has been a concept since the birth of the game. 

You are practically asking every sorc to outplay the enemy, and this way you are only proving the point, if I need to outplay every class then my class sucks, it has nothing to do with knowledge. In 6.2 your class was useless, it was the drop dead bottom tier in dps and in 6.5 they made them godmode, nobody asked sins to outplay the enemy during 6.2 to be able to pvp. Same to Templars, in 6.2 templars avoided pvp, they are now upgraded and can kill many classes since they dps as hard as a a sorc and still retain that solid tank defense.

Other classes have better skills to kill an enemy and they do know how to (out)play their enemy as well. I can die in 1 second to geared sins with low ping (while I am in full DT+15 with good retunes with p.def wherever possible), not a single sorc can kill anyone in 1 second!

My class has no survivability to survive the first burst wave of most classes because we have the least defenses by default, least HP, least defensive skills etc. I need to cast 9 out of 10 important skills while practically every class can use instantly 9 out of 10 of their skills with full attack speed due to the transformations. Casters need both c.speed and attack speed to max the dps, while a fighter for example needs only attack speed.

Gunners are an offensive class and they get a shield that gives them +3000 pvp defense... Vandals get a shield that makes them invulnerable for 3 seconds and another one that reduces the dmg taken by 60%!!! My normal shield blocks a total of 4k dmg, even a mob can break my shield with one hit.

SW are sorcerers with heals, Clerics are sorcerers with heals.

SM has a shield that blocks 1 magical skill for the next 20 seconds
Sorc has a shield that blocks 1 physical skill for the next 5 seconds

~~

We can all agree that sorcerers are simply outdated, they need to make our skills instant cast and keep the ultimates in half the casting time than what they currently are, and then we might turn into a pvp class, still lacking effective self heals, survivability and enough defense.

And sorry for the double post, I couldn't edit to add.

Glass classes need to be removed, if every class is a canon while they are still a tank, a hybrid or a healer, then a glass cannon is obsolete. There are classes that have enough HP and defense to survive a silence bury. I do not need to get a silence bury to die fast to begin with, if I do get a silence bury I can already wait for the death window to appear.

When they give brute force to tanks, semi tanks, healers and hybrids... they need to give the glass classes survivability. We never got it.

@Yuweh-KT oh no no no no dear gentleman, the instance isn't unbalanced, classes are, due to no matter how geared you are everyone has tha same fixed stats so you can actually see how unbalanced classes are when they're put in a stats equality state. You're not weaker or stronger than anyone there is just that your class is weaker against other classes under an equality enviroment.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

I did CV on my ranger, and you are right nothing increases their attack speed. Transformations do work for casters though.

In the end it really doesn't matter, CV doesn't give anything important. I just do it for the Lugbug quest, and you don't even have to stay there the whole way through for that.

18 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

In the end it really doesn't matter, CV doesn't give anything important. I just do it for the Lugbug quest, and you don't even have to stay there the whole way through for that.

yeah i know, i was just pissed off and dissapointed, i was expecting to have some fun in the ''New Balanced PvP'' instance, silly me xD

3 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

yeah i know, i was just pissed off and dissapointed, i was expecting to have some fun in the ''New Balanced PvP'' instance, silly me xD

Well I think your, and OPs, assumption that Equalized Stats = Balanced is the main reason you are so disappointed. CV was never advertised as being a "balanced PvP" instance, all they said about it is that the stats are equalized. I never went in thinking it was balanced, I went in thinking I was going to 2 shot people on my naked SW and boy did I.

LOL the only ppl crying about the balance here are those that get carried by their gear. Learn your class dynamics and stop whining because you cant zerg here. 4s cast time hmm? perhaps not run out in front and cast from the back like sorc use to?

Archived