Evasion

Mumi-DN

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 2:31 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Maybe in 5.x lol.

Not at all, have a look at a basic Cleric set, such as the Windel you get for starters, the block will be about 1,500 higher by default than the evasion. It takes a lot of work to bridge that difference.

With decent accessories you can get evasion up, but it is going to take a lot, the average opponent will probably have 14k or more accuracy which you need to exceed to have any real effect, and that's assuming they don't use an accuracy boost skill. I think the trend nowadays is to tune for pdef and mdef which work on every hit.

6 hours ago, Furn-DN said:

Not at all, have a look at a basic Cleric set, such as the Windel you get for starters, the block will be about 1,500 higher by default than the evasion. It takes a lot of work to bridge that difference.

When it comes to retuning tho you can retune evasion on like 9 items that you can not retune block on. Does it make up for the block? Maybe, Maybe not. All i know is that every KR player i have seen runs evasion. While i have not checked since 7.5 was released in their region so this may of changed i would assume evasion is still what people would run if not some magic defense stat.

Yeah Korea they tell me evasion is first cleric set, but hey different strokes different folks. I believe no buffs 24.7 is the highest mr/eva you can get +/- maybe a bit, if chanter and cleric are different. But that is plenty enough to evade/resist most players seeing as they don't roll a lot of accuracy or socket it here in NA. Also comment I hear from players in korea they say, is it better to reduce the damage or not take it to begin with? When asked about def or block sets

wouldn't recommend an evasion set as your 1st set. A lot of people have an accuracy set and you wouldn't be doing any damage either. I'd say make a dps set first, and retune the stats as hp/crit/mdef/pdef. i mean unless you're absolutely sure u can reach past 18k evasion, sure why not? More players are getting collections done, and for me i have a flat 17.3k accuracy on my dps set even though i don't even have any accuracy on my retunes.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:39 PM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Yeah Korea they tell me evasion is first cleric set, but hey different strokes different folks. I believe no buffs 24.7 is the highest mr/eva you can get +/- maybe a bit, if chanter and cleric are different. But that is plenty enough to evade/resist most players seeing as they don't roll a lot of accuracy or socket it here in NA. Also comment I hear from players in korea they say, is it better to reduce the damage or not take it to begin with? When asked about def or block sets

well coming for a chanter...i'm not gonna waste manastones or retunes on evasion..as a chanter i have enough skills and buffs to cover me for damage reduction and other things..i stack all physical attack and crit..basically as a dps chanter i don't need anything else..the harder i hit, faster you die..i doubt any chanter will stack evasion even in healing spec..fully buff i'm pushing 24k+ physical attack..i also have cubicles and most of my physical attack from collections and accessories bonus..

11 hours ago, Saijah-KT said:

well coming for a chanter...i'm not gonna waste manastones or retunes on evasion..as a chanter i have enough skills and buffs to cover me for damage reduction and other things..i stack all physical attack and crit..basically as a dps chanter i don't need anything else..the harder i hit, faster you die..i doubt any chanter will stack evasion even in healing spec..fully buff i'm pushing 24k+ physical attack..i also have cubicles and most of my physical attack from collections and accessories bonus..

Well thats cool and all but the OP asked about evasion and I was just stating I have a chanter with evasion set and unless cleric gets a passive eva stat boost that is higher than chanter they should both be about the same. I use evasion set while healing on chanter because while having 25k EVA (with mantra) I also have base 2k HB from cubics collections and my aoa accessories without any manastones for healing boost. Also if using the formula, if we use Chibi's accuracy as an example 17.3 and we even give him the benefit of using oath of accuracy so 19.8 and full support chanter with 24.7 you add mantra +450 and ADV WoP +350 so 25.5. 5.7k more EVA than ACC so you are looking at a dodge rate of ~23% so pretty much 1/5 1/4 hits youre dodging I mean that gonna kill a lot of dps and make it extremely hard to kill you esp with having 2k HB even if we say hey I dont have all the collections and we drop eva by 1k thats still 4.7 more ACC giving you still a 20% 1/5 dodge. EVA stones are super cheap and we have a 1 kinah retune the choice is completely up to the OP. Pdef is the simplest set but it is also by far one of the worst and most useless sets because you wont get enough pdef to counter the absurd amount of atk classes can get

I get you probably wont have all collections cubic minion etc so I will leave you with this if you have aoa bursting wings and accessories full DT armor. The plume/bracelet and weapons don't matter if you do the math and you can't get with tuning and stones to 23k eva then it is not worth for you most players can get close to 20k accuracy with buffs or chanter in group so if you cant get at least 23k go block because block with 23k will have a greater effect in reducing dmg. You will still get cc even if you block but its the best you can do if you don't have the stuff needed Hope this helps a bit @Mumi-DN

3 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I get you probably wont have all collections cubic minion etc so I will leave you with this if you have aoa bursting wings and accessories full DT armor. The plume/bracelet and weapons don't matter if you do the math and you can't get with tuning and stones to 23k eva then it is not worth for you most players can get close to 20k accuracy with buffs or chanter in group so if you cant get at least 23k go block because block with 23k will have a greater effect in reducing dmg. You will still get cc even if you block but its the best you can do if you don't have the stuff needed Hope this helps a bit @Mumi-DN

Sorry, but that's just dumb math right there lol. with 3k block advantage, you have a 19-20% chance of triggering a block, which will reduce 70% of damage, which will reduce overall damage by 13-14%. With 3k more evasion you'll dodge 14% of the time, with 100% reduction, so it will also reduce 14% of the damage, however you will dodge any physical status effects, as well as crits.

So Evasion is the better choice.

1 hour ago, Hellish-DN said:

Sorry, but that's just dumb math right there lol. with 3k block advantage, you have a 19-20% chance of triggering a block, which will reduce 70% of damage, which will reduce overall damage by 13-14%. With 3k more evasion you'll dodge 14% of the time, with 100% reduction, so it will also reduce 14% of the damage, however you will dodge any physical status effects, as well as crits.

So Evasion is the better choice.

You can get block in accessories and shield. eva in accessories, feather, and armors. The value for block is higher in items than eva, just shield alone is > plume+wings+bracelet eva tunings. Accessories are 2x, yes you cant roll block in armor but if you aren't able to hit high enough values what is the point it would probably serve you better to tune armor with just raw defense because at the end of the day if you max tune eva or max tune block they are roughly the same number but one you'll have much more room for more def where the other you'll have filled with an evasion tuning. If you have the exact data that shows that against X accuracy, Y amount of evasion is > Z amount of Block I will be glad to check it out. But at low levels like this I don't see a difference at all. A hail mary dodge isn't going to be that effective or something you can truly rely on but if that's fine with you by all means go for it. I was literally just advocating for Evasion set but If you cant go all in on it its not worth it at all. I would say 23k block would outweigh evasion set against a 20k accuracy enemy. To get 23k block you tune your shield and 6 accessories to get 23k eva you tune 3 feather accessories 6 accessories and 6 armor pieces. so you have 8 extra tunings to fill with lets say pdef on the block set. So thats 1.6k more pdef, so which is better? 23k block +1600 pdef or 23k evasion?

7 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

You can get block in accessories and shield. eva in accessories, feather, and armors. The value for block is higher in items than eva, just shield alone is > plume+wings+bracelet eva tunings. Accessories are 2x, yes you cant roll block in armor but if you aren't able to hit high enough values what is the point it would probably serve you better to tune armor with just raw defense because at the end of the day if you max tune eva or max tune block they are roughly the same number but one you'll have much more room for more def where the other you'll have filled with an evasion tuning. If you have the exact data that shows that against X accuracy, Y amount of evasion is > Z amount of Block I will be glad to check it out. But at low levels like this I don't see a difference at all. A hail mary dodge isn't going to be that effective or something you can truly rely on but if that's fine with you by all means go for it. I was literally just advocating for Evasion set but If you cant go all in on it its not worth it at all. I would say 23k block would outweigh evasion set against a 20k accuracy enemy. To get 23k block you tune your shield and 6 accessories to get 23k eva you tune 3 feather accessories 6 accessories and 6 armor pieces. so you have 8 extra tunings to fill with lets say pdef on the block set. So thats 1.6k more pdef, so which is better? 23k block +1600 pdef or 23k evasion?

You also tune magicdef/pdef on evasion set, not just evasion lol. Everyone knows that, that the data points to Evasion being the better set, it's close, but it's definitely better.  Not to mention you can get an S rank minion with evasion and can't with block.  Block doesn't outweigh evasion by any statistic.

6 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

You also tune magicdef/pdef on evasion set, not just evasion lol. Everyone knows, that the data points to Evasion being the better set, it's close, but it's definitely better.  Not to mention you can get an S rank minion with evasion and can't with block.

Ok I will humor you, lets say you can only get 20k Evasion and the enemy has 20k accuracy is 20k block better than 20k evasion then? Also why?

Simple answer both will be useless but the person with block had only 7 tunings wasted to get that block where the evasion person wasted 15 tunings. 8 tunings could be anything else they could be MP for all I care but that 8 more tunings that could be something more productive than evasion that is useless for this case. They are both useless at low amounts I'm not arguing at full max yes evasion is better but were talking about newer or not max geared players block is more advantageous because there is less loss in the set than evasion. In the end I won't tell people how to play the game the block provides the less wealthy and casual individual more freedom in their play with less negative repercussions of their set like the negative damage you'll have in a full evasion set. In a perfect world I do agree evasion is the better set but in this case for newer players its not

It is up to you, you can get block up to 23K+ easily with less gear having to retune on because Block/Parry retunes give much more of the stat (I think close to double). Block allows you to mitigate 60-70% of the dmg from an attack. Parry btw is a stat EVERYONE can utilize and it mitigates 40-50% of the dmg taken.

With a player having 19-20k Acc and your EVA at 23K+ you'll have around 14-17%+ Evasion rate.  Most melee (phys atk) players in a full atk set will have around 16-17k acc if they went HP/Crit/PDef/MDef on armor/Plume/Bracelet and HP/ACC/ATK/CRIT on Accessories/Wings/Weapon for retunes and make a second set with Acc tuned on the Armor- this is typically the norm- In this scenario you'll have between 24-27% Evasion rate.  Btw, most melee classes does NOT apply to rangers, they can have easily 19-20K acc while also having extremely high attack and crit, similar to SM on the MAccuracy/MAtk/MCrit on one set side of things, if not better. My SM for instance maintains around 19.7K MACC with 23K+ MATK and over 7K Crit. I'm also still missing Irnin for mag atk collection along with Frigida necklace for 317 more. I DO however have ALL cubics including plat cubics for mag attk and mag acc. Killing 3 officers daily and 1 general for weekly Demaha quest in 7.0.

Block on the other hand is kinda interesting because the stat bonus for less yields more result.  For instance, at 19-20K Acc and your Block stat is 23K+ you'll block about 19-24% of the hits vs only evading 14-17% with similar EVA. That's a 2-10% difference but means you'll evade 1-1.5 hits out of 10 vs blocking 2-2.5 hits out of 10. If they have 16-17K Acc and your block is 23K+ you'll block 34-38% of the hits! Also, you're more than likely able to get away with keeping the block set on the whole time because the player attacking doesn't see evades which cancels chains and so will be more likely to stay in the lower accuracy atk set. Also, the manastones are much much cheaper and the retunes are cheaper because you only have to retune half the gear i think. Also, you can parry/block some dmg skills with a CC component attached to them and nullify the CC affect. Windlance from a Glad you can't evade, it is un-evadable in fact, but you CAN parry/block the hit for half the dmg and at times negate the knockdown affect, some aetherhold skills with dmg components are similar.

Now, for my personal opinion since you asking about a cleric. I wouldn't go EVA nor Block personally for a first Def set, I'd go Magic Resist/MR. The reason being is that a geared cleric is EXTREMELY hard to kill if you can't CC them. It's not even because of their ability to heal, it's their ability to dispel! Cleric dispel is probably the most OP skill in the game even more so than their heals imo. A dispel on your phys defense debuff or magic def debuff on them or the target prevents more dmg over time than just trying to keep up with healing. That is why the best healers prioritize dispels first then heal second. 8% phys def debuff from a glad means that ALL attacks from the glad and ANY OTHER PHY ATK class attacking the same target is doing much more damage to that target until that debuff is off, and that's only 1 debuff, cleric dispel can take off multiple or all in one cast and is spammable! Once again, a cleric that can't be CC'd is a much harder cleric to kill than a cleric in 17% chance to evade. Also, MR stat isn't affect by basic Accuracy, they would have to have Mag Acc, and no melees have that enough to get upwards of 19k. In fact, they would struggle to slot the stones and get 14k. 

Also, most casting classes with exception to SMs in the know and a hand full of sorcs don't have more than 16-17k Mag Acc without a second set, not to mention casters are subject to casting times so casting speed debuffs and them having to stop to cast some skills allow you to put distance or root them and get the distance so you are MUCH more likely to survive a mage in your MR set on average than a melee class in your EVA set. Your ability to survive melee in your MR set is lower of course, but you have the tools to negate a lot of the attacks before and after the fact.

Also, if you're a cleric and you're still running Twinkling Light over Globe of Light, kill yourself, that is by far the worst heal in the game in terms of casting times, mana useage, and cool down. If you think that being able to cast a crumby 1.7 cast heal (you have to multicast it 3 times and even with Kaisinel you can't spam it 3 times in under 1.5s- try it, it's lame af) while on the run is great, it ain't unless you're solo maybe and even then it's whack. ALL your other heals are stop and cast so having 1 mediocre one that casts on the move ain't that big of a deal. For reals.

22 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Ok I will humor you, lets say you can only get 20k Evasion and the enemy has 20k accuracy is 20k block better than 20k evasion then? Also why?

If you have 20k Eva/Block, lets say both, and the enemy has 20k accuracy you might as well put on your atk set because if their accuracy is equal to or greater than your Def stat like EVA/Block it will evade/mitigate 0% of the hits. General rule of thumb, if you can't get at least 3k of a def stat more than their acc stat, it's prob not worth it beyond saying "It's better to have the possibility to evade something rarely versus evading nothing at all". 

23 hours ago, Hellish-DN said:

Block doesn't outweigh evasion by any statistic.

I disagree, it outweighs it by several statistics. Same EVA/Block stat does not equal same EVA/Block rate. You'll block 2-10% more of the hits which doesn't look like much at first but can mean the difference between evading 1-1.5 hits out 10 versus blocking 2-2.5 hits out of 10 with the exact same stat on both going against the exact same accuracy stat and that's on the low end, you can block 35-38% if you have 6-7K more of the stat than the target, and that is permanent! Not to mention block/parry can negate some CC skills like KD and aetherholds.  Aetherholds btw is kinda weird in itself, you can resist it with a MR stat or skill like SM contract or evade it with EVA or an evasion skill like FE. You can also block/parry it apparently at times (might be everytime).

2 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Btw, most melee classes does NOT apply to rangers, they can have easily 19-20K acc while also having extremely high attack and crit, similar to SM on the MAccuracy/MAtk/MCrit on one set side of things, if not better. My SM for instance maintains around 19.7K MACC with 23K+ MATK and over 7K Crit. I'm also still missing Irnin for mag atk collection along with Frigida necklace for 317 more. I DO however have ALL cubics including plat cubics for mag attk and mag acc. 

Now, for my personal opinion since you asking about a cleric. I wouldn't go EVA nor Block personally for a first Def set, I'd go Magic Resist/MR. The reason being is that a geared cleric is EXTREMELY hard to kill if you can't CC them. It's not even because of their ability to heal, it's their ability to dispel! Cleric dispel is probably the most OP skill in the game even more so than their heals imo. A dispel on your phys defense debuff or magic def debuff on them or the target prevents more dmg over time than just trying to keep up with healing. That is why the best healers prioritize dispels first then heal second. 8% phys def debuff from a glad means that ALL attacks from the glad and ANY OTHER PHY ATK class attacking the same target is doing much more damage to that target until that debuff is off, and that's only 1 debuff, cleric dispel can take off multiple or all in one cast and is spammable! Once again, a cleric that can't be CC'd is a much harder cleric to kill than a cleric in 17% chance to evade. Also, MR stat isn't affect by basic Accuracy, they would have to have Mag Acc, and no melees have that enough to get upwards of 19k. In fact, they would struggle to slot the stones and get 14k. 

Also, most casting classes with exception to SMs in the know and a hand full of sorcs don't have more than 16-17k Mag Acc without a second set, not to mention casters are subject to casting times so casting speed debuffs and them having to stop to cast some skills allow you to put distance or root them and get the distance so you are MUCH more likely to survive a mage in your MR set on average than a melee class in your EVA set. Your ability to survive melee in your MR set is lower of course, but you have the tools to negate a lot of the attacks before and after the fact.

DPS cleric also have these stats easily, AT also, SW do too

Your personal opinion is your own so I am not trying to say you have right to have your own opinion but the big thing I see to having eva set as primary is what is the magic cc? Sleep/Fear both raise your defenses so you are not likely to be killed while in these CC if you are aetherheld, stunned, kd etc you don't get increase defenses and they are much easier chained. A mage spell isn't going to CC you unless the skill says so. A physical class auto can proc a kd or stun without needing a skill directly saying. Like you said cleric have dispel and its a beautiful thing you can single target dispel yourself on spam, you can party dispel, you can use a heal/shield with a dispel and it resets your party dispel again and you have ripple can easily cleanse off any lingering debuff. Cool thing currently is the green gemstone they can remove fear sleep and para. Gen from events I've seen sleep isn't going to kill a cleric and it breaks on hit and now with the green gem and fear nerf, fear isn't going to kill a cleric so what do mages have that needs resisting. Its much scarier as a cleric to be chain stunned or knocked down so EVA would be the better option of the 2 resists

Again you have your own opinion and I am not trying to take from that but my Temp has practically 0 accuracy rolled in his gear. Armor HP/pdef/mdef/crit Weapon SPD/Atk/crit/hp combine is hp/atk/crit/hb my aoa plume bracelet are hp/crit/def/def aoa wings are hp/atk/crit/hb I have the pf 4 set and my other earring and ring are aoa hp/atk/acc/crit and I have 16.4k accuracy I went out of my way for more defense and funny enough I like the HB on my temp with how it works on my Prayer of Resilience. I have all cubics and all collections for accuracy that you can currently get if I would've rolled it in my weapon and feather acc I would have 17.5 if I would've added it to armor sacrificing a def stat it would be 18.6k base. should directly correlate to other classes unless they have a full passive accuracy stat but seeing as a lot of magic classes have passive acc buff skills or long duration/low cd buffs with acc its very easy to hit 20k acc not just SM. I am guessing you probably have accuracy in you weapon and feather accessories so my equivalent would be 17.5 if I'm cleric I take sac I now have 19.3 MAcc. if I'm sw I take impassion I now have 20.3 MAcc. if I'm AT I now have 20.5k MAcc. Sorc with have 1m cd but will hit 22k for 1min. Gunner will have 17s cd but will have 19.9k.

MR is a valuable set as well but I wouldn't rank it over the evasion set most magic CC isn't going to kill you outright because it boosts defenses. For physicals they chain cc's youll get perma stun or kd and its better to just evade or break the chains. if your chain stunned doesn't matter if they cant sleep you or you resist fear esp since you can just dispel the fear on cleric.

Really all depends on what the individual wants but there is good reason why a lot of players from Korea were advocating the evasions set. Just know you have to go all in on the resist sets or they are rubbish wasted stats

I have 0 mag accuracy manastones on my SM and have those numbers. Just retunes, cubics, and collections. The rest is from end game accessories and buffs. As for EVA over MR, remember, the first thing I said was, "It's up to you". I have multiples of all the bursting accessories and PFHM accessories (3-4 of each except plume), just haven't sat down playing much to do Frigida to get necklaces but it's only a matter of time. Even from a gemstone perspective I have 2 dazzlings (red and blue)and 1 shinning socketed at all times and runestones are all +8 with crit def +10.

Having said that, the reasons for MR over EVA is that you'd actually get more use out of it than you realize. With EVA alone, the CC from a stun or KD is up to 2s vs a 4s silence or 7s fear, etc. Remember that Melee classes also have magic skills that are typically gonna be a CC skill with exception to Gunner and AT which are all gonna be Mag Atk. I don't remember AT having much Mag Acc but with the mystic plate gear now i can see it being possible as well as gunner getting mystic leather. However, there aren't many great ATs or Gunners running around in abundance as the classes themselves are super rare. In fact, they are so rare that it's negligible to even mention the 2 classes instead of just referring to specific individuals.

Look at it like this, if most melee classes have Acc that gets them to 19.5k from separate sets or even their main, it won't get them 19.5k Mag Acc. So they will still be hitting you for the same practically if you were in full EVA but unable to CC you so readily and you still have a RS with 7s to figure out how you're going to survive the next KD or AH. That's why i said as a cleric you have options before and after getting attacked to help mitigate whether you're putting up a 20k shield on yourself, spamming dispels in preparation for a silence you can pot since they can't bury, or flash or big heal right after the major dmg. 

As far as worrying about mages, I told you that they are much easier to navigate regardless if your MR can work on them or not, but it has a higher chance to on average because Mages are prone to not go mag acc over crit on armor. Also, the 2k MDef and PDef buff a player gets while feared doesn't affect the SM specifically very much, it was for group PVP mostly so Fear wouldn't be so OP with other players beating on the grapes. SM debuffs more than make up for the 2k buffs the target gets during fear to allow us to still 1 full fear rotation just about any target not to mention SM has bonus dmg to feared target with multiple skills.  The inclusion of MDEF and PDef buffs on a feared target was more for grp pvp than anything else. And you def haven't ran into any good sorcs yet because you'd change your tune real quick lol- They too are extremely rare, especially on the Asmo side.

As for the last thing you said I completely agree. in 6.7 I had a MR/EVA set that was nearly 19.8k on EVA and 19.3k on MR on one set, back when people were barely getting 14.4k Acc, it was the greatest thing ever and all i had to sacrifice was about 6K HP off the armor to get EVA/MR/PDEF/MDEF. 

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience about this topic, if it can help someone in the very difficult choice to tune his gear, if you play a cleric and dont get advises from friends, its a nightmare.
And to profit of this topic to ask a question.

I have two geared Clerics, one is full evasion and reach 20.5k evasion the other is full block with 21k block. Yes i can hear you laugh from here, a block-set for cleric in 7.5... Its cheap i know. Armor, weapon, acc and feather are all DT+15 fine tuned and all pcs are slotted with red manastones. I lack a lot of cubics and collection as i play with very low ressources.

Well i can tell, i meet a lot of very geared well known players, and I still get a lot of evade/block on my both clerics, but i dont feel one is really much better than other.
My Clerics dont meet the same opponents so it's hard to be sure, i will just tell my feeling: i feel a bit more tanky with my block set cleric. Just a bit more.

Apart the cool aspect to evade or block some hits, the main point is in fact i feel really nacked with most opponents nowadays. Because once i take a hit, which wont be evaded or blocked, my hp get removed by a lot, very fast.
Like other ppl said in the past, evade, resist or block is nice, but when you get hitted, they hit you like a truck!!

I really want to remove all the manastones i put and tune it again now.
I understood the explanation of @Malachyte-KT, it seams nice but i m still scared to try this way.

My question is: Would it be not even better to have a full physical defense and magical defense set, with help of full cruel acc/feath and keep the dt+15 for armor/weap?
If it's more valuable or more usefull, what number we should try to reach (when not hardcore player)?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i tried to do my best, its not my natural language.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:19 AM, Bergerac-KT said:

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience about this topic, if it can help someone in the very difficult choice to tune his gear, if you play a cleric and dont get advises from friends, its a nightmare.
And to profit of this topic to ask a question.

I have two geared Clerics, one is full evasion and reach 20.5k evasion the other is full block with 21k block. Yes i can hear you laugh from here, a block-set for cleric in 7.5... Its cheap i know. Armor, weapon, acc and feather are all DT+15 fine tuned and all pcs are slotted with red manastones. I lack a lot of cubics and collection as i play with very low ressources.

Well i can tell, i meet a lot of very geared well known players, and I still get a lot of evade/block on my both clerics, but i dont feel one is really much better than other.
My Clerics dont meet the same opponents so it's hard to be sure, i will just tell my feeling: i feel a bit more tanky with my block set cleric. Just a bit more.

Apart the cool aspect to evade or block some hits, the main point is in fact i feel really nacked with most opponents nowadays. Because once i take a hit, which wont be evaded or blocked, my hp get removed by a lot, very fast.
Like other ppl said in the past, evade, resist or block is nice, but when you get hitted, they hit you like a truck!!

I really want to remove all the manastones i put and tune it again now.
I understood the explanation of @Malachyte-KT, it seams nice but i m still scared to try this way.

My question is: Would it be not even better to have a full physical defense and magical defense set, with help of full cruel acc/feath and keep the dt+15 for armor/weap?
If it's more valuable or more usefull, what number we should try to reach (when not hardcore player)?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i tried to do my best, its not my natural language.

Well you can get pdef and mdef tunings in the same set as your eva/mr. Do you really think that 1224 def from manastones will really make that much of a difference? So if I on my cleric did full pdef manastone I will have 16.750 abouts pdef, I really dont think that will matter when you see 21-23k atk players. The reduction wont be enough to justify the defense set imo. I think the people running defense stones are the people whose gear isn't tuned double defense

Base accuracy if you don't tune accuracy in your gear at all and the only accuracy you get is from the accessories you don't tune you should have 14k acc. My base eva/mr in full pf/aoa gear is 12k, so thats pretty low chance to miss, if you add cubic collections and such idk the exact numbers I will have to look it all up later and post exacts. but for tuning HP/def/def/xxxx whatever 4th stat insert your crit/mr/eva whatever here you will be looking with my cubic collections maxed at on my cleric or my chanter(no mantras) 15.8k pdef 15.5 mdef.

So do I think adding full slotted def will help, no, enemy atk is much higher than your def no matter what you do so its better to get crit def and to dodge/resist rather than try to soak the dmg. If you don't have eva/mr at all you not likely to evade even if they don't tune any accuracy so I if you use the 4th tuning to get eva/mr you will have 15.9 which is only 9%(on 14k acc attacker) eva chance but then if you look at 15.8 pdef 15.5 mdef with 15.9 eva/mr idk 85k HP and say which is better all socket def so 17k pdef 15.5 mdef 15.9 eva/mr 85k HP or 15.8 pdef 15.5 mdef 21k eva/mr 85K HP. Against same 14k acc attacker eva will be a 27.5% evade well average it out since the sm said they have 19.7 against enemy attacker 16.3 essentially my accuracy with cubic collection without accuracy tuning in armor and weapon you will have 20% evade. I can tell you with 100% certainty, 20% eva will do much more than +1.2k pdef against an enemy who has, well his sm is on the high side, so 21k atk average enemy. You can tweak the numbers a bit but realistically eva/mr and even block will be much better than doing defense in every possible way

Archived