Hime

New Server Name Suggestions

1 minute ago, Tigrex-IS said:

Less Fction based tsk!!why!just name it asmodian and elyos that would be nice!!

B... because there are both races on both servers...

Calm-EK   
2 hours ago, Tigrex-IS said:

Less Fction based tsk!!why!just name it asmodian and elyos that would be nice!!

really?.. lol

On 13/08/2017 at 8:17 AM, SaintJoan-BR said:

And why is that ? 

Katalam and Danaria are by far the best potential names imo for multiple reasons. Not only would using the names of those unforgettable maps for the newly merged servers pay them due tribute, but they also respect the guidelines in every shape or form. 

To top it off, as Katalam and Danaria, which I believe most players enjoyed, are not in the game anymore, it would be pleasant to have them as server names to give us, players, the sensation that they were not completely removed.

And for those who didn't like those maps, it would serve as a reminder of a darker period of the Aion days to which we hope the game never goes back to, and that their removal was for, as claimed by the developpers, "the best"...

I don't know if anyone out there is going to read this, nor if what I'm saying makes any sort of sense, but these were my thoughts on the topic.

Looking forward to seeing each and everyone of you in-game post merge regardless of which names will be chosen...
Cheers !

New players won't understand the background of the server name. What are Katalam and Danaria? Maybe there are few quests or NPCs that still mention them in game (I'm not really sure, too lazy to check), but hey... nowadays most player skips unnecessary old quests.

These are my name suggestions

Siel(sl)+Beritra(br)= Peregrine (in honor of the agent of azphel that leads norsvold)

Israphel(is)+Kahrun(kr)+Tiamat(tm)= Viola (in honor for the counterpart of perigrine,the agent of ariel that leads illuma) 

Mirei-KT   

Just stick to Israphel/Siel. The saying goes "Never change a winning team" for a reason. Even after the merge it is going to be the same playerbase doing the same content. It's not like the game is relaunching or gaining a major overhaul or something.

On 8/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, Hime said:

We're looking for suggestions to name our merged servers! Please use the guideline below to provide a suggestion. Please only reply with serious names only as to not clutter it up.

• One Word
  • Preferably faction-less reference
  • NPC names or locations OK
  • No previously used server names

Based on your suggestions, we will create an in-game survey before the merge for you to choose your favorite.

How about "Godmorgon ". 

Pazin-DN   

My Recomendations ;p

Sieber, Bersie, Pangea - Siel / Beritra

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isrkahrtia, Tikahris, Kahistia, Ragnarok - Israphel / Kahrum / Tiamat

Since 2 of the best PvP maps have been extinguished, let's remember them by naming the servers:

Siel e Beritra - Sarpan

Ishaphel, Tiamat and Kahrun - Tiamaranta

Edited by MCtemplar-BR
Formating

hi for one of them at least why not keep it as simple as Iskati which by coincidence is Zulu for cat, Basque/Catalan for skipped/missed, Armenian/Kazakh for scratch, Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian/etc for look/search/seek, and so long as no discomfort in Korean why not, seems kinda cool to look for cats? keep some history and no big deal if make up a story like Iskati lost Elysian/Empyrian pillar of the worlds now found as an intergalactic comet server home for all the looked for, strayed and scratched cats out there needing comfort and sanctuary...blah;)

Zephyr & Tigraki (ZR & TK)

Rememberable, "faction-less" (i.e. not asmo/elyos), easy to spell, easy to say.

I would've gone with the name of the death flower, but honestly you guys gave it a nyerk name. Sounds more like a NPC than a flower.

Ereshkigal is a massive pain to say.

Cyan   

Thanks for the massive amount of replies everyone. We're going to compile the list and get it ready for the survey in game. We'll let you know when you can expect to see the voting.