Hime

New Server Name Suggestions

Calm-EK   
18 minutes ago, Nakago-KR said:

Tiamat + Kahrun + Israphel = Aspida
Siel + Beritra = Disilon

And you save other 2 Panesterra Territories Names for posible future new servers when population back to normal.

20664396_10209249659629503_4546174727133

The controversy when one server owns the other server's named fortress xD

1 hour ago, BeritraVice-BR said:

Perfect way to trigger the veterans :/

I feel like it's time for new names instead of the same two.

How about:

Fregion [Siel + Beritra]

Meslamtaeda [Israphel + Kahrun + Tiamat]

Reasoning - fits notable figure naming convention, is factionless (since both are Dragon Lords), and are new names that don't imply the complete irrelevance of servers that aren't Siel and Israphel.

Fregion and Meslamtaeda are previous server names.

Noona-DN   
On 8/9/2017 at 3:38 PM, Hime said:

We're looking for suggestions to name our merged servers! Please use the guideline below to provide a suggestion. Please only reply with serious names only as to not clutter it up.

• One Word
  • Preferably faction-less reference
  • NPC names or locations OK
  • No previously used server names

Based on your suggestions, we will create an in-game survey before the merge for you to choose your favorite.

For those mentioning things like "Azphel" and "Ariel" that joined the game 2012+, here is a list of the original server names:

• Ariel, Siel, Vaizel, Kaisinel, Yustiel, Fregion, Israphel, Lumiel, Marchutan, Zikel, Triniel, Azphel, Meslamtaeda, and Nezekan.

The memories are flooding back.. :$

Calm-EK   
1 hour ago, Shoko-SL said:

From a player that been playing this game since beta. Please keep the name Siel.. Every time someone hears Siel it remind them of when Aion first started. If you remove the name then you just remove all the good memories people had on this server. I bet you do a survey to ask all the active players.. I bet at least 75% would agree to keep the name. #sielforever

o/ Shoko :) . I get your reasoning. Though, I think the goal is a refresh. Siel has be the one server name from the beginning, and quite possibly has the most Player Lore in the game. Keeping it would server nostalgia. Losing it would be ripping of the band-aid for a new fresh server feeling. Could inject some life into the game, as well as new competitive feeling with the other server without the looming history of Siel.

Calm-EK   
18 minutes ago, Friendzoned-KR said:

For those mentioning things like "Azphel" and "Ariel" that joined the game 2012+, here is a list of the original server names:

• Ariel, Siel, Vaizel, Kaisinel, Yustiel, Fregion, Israphel, Lumiel, Marchutan, Zikel, Triniel, Azphel, Meslamtaeda, and Nezekan.

The memories are flooding back.. :$

oh the nostalgia :x

15 minutes ago, Vinlock-SL said:

o/ @Shoko-SL :) . I get your reasoning. Though, I think the goal is a refresh. Siel has been the one server name that has been around from the beginning, and quite possibly has the most Player Lore in the game. Keeping it would serve nostalgia, though losing it would be ripping of the band-aid for a new fresh feeling once the pain is gone. Could inject some life into the game, as well as give that new competitive feeling with the other server without the looming history of Siel over our heads.

Corrected my post's clarity and english. lol

Edited by Vinlock-SL

Noona-DN   

The game seems to be big on Norse mythology, so for server name suggestions mine are:

Helheim (I know it's usually referred to as "Hel" but don't think NC would want something that close to "hell" as a server name)

Asgard 

Calm-EK   
2 minutes ago, Friendzoned-KR said:

The game seems to be big on Norse mythology, so for server name suggestions mine are:

Helheim (I know it's usually referred to as "Hel" but don't think NC would want something that close to "hell" as a server name)

Asgard 

Have you noticed that in Pandamonium, that first hall when you are walking towards the city, it's the Vifrost Bridge and Heimdall is the NPC on it? :P 

Edited by Vinlock-SL

Noona-DN   
9 minutes ago, Vinlock-SL said:

Have you noticed that in Pandamonium, that first hall when you are walking towards the city, it's the Vifrost Bridge and Heimdall is the NPC on it? :P 

Yessss! xD After the movie Thor came out, I often ran by screaming "Heimdall! Open the Vifrost!" :x:$

Edited by Friendzoned-KR

Zkaza-KT   
16 minutes ago, Friendzoned-KR said:

The game seems to be big on Norse mythology,

To be precise, it's not "The game", but "The Asmodian part of the game", that takes big inspiration from Norse mythology. It's not that common (if something at all) on the Elyos side.

Noona-DN   
2 minutes ago, Zkaza-SL said:

To be precise, it's not "The game", but "The Asmodian part of the game", that takes big inspiration from Norse mythology. It's not that common (if something at all) on the Elyos side.

True. Even still, that side is heavy on it lol. Not complaining though, I enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, XenXen-BR said:

Ereshkigal and Fregion. Nuff said.

Previous server names. So those are a no-go.

5 minutes ago, Friendzoned-KR said:

True. Even still, that side is heavy on it lol. Not complaining though, I enjoy it.

Previous server names. So those are a no-go.

Hm. I suppose that Opel and Shurak would be an interesting choice since they are the few main bosses in Bastion of Souls? (not trying to spoil here)

13 minutes ago, XenXen-BR said:

Hm. I suppose that Opel and Shurak would be an interesting choice since they are the few main bosses in Bastion of Souls? (not trying to spoil here)

What was the father's name? Bastikan? (A bit off-topic, why are they called Opel & Shurak, is it a different guy in BoS?)

Bryos-DN   
19 minutes ago, Andregark-IS said:

What was the father's name? Bastikan? (A bit off-topic, why are they called Opel & Shurak, is it a different guy in BoS?)

Thing is BoS is different for both races. Bastiel and Bastikan are the leaders of the Arrows of Freedom and Arrows of Destruction, both with different sons who remain in BoS.

So, there goes the faction-less requirement.

Edited by Bryos-TM

4 hours ago, Linkh-TM said:

Tahabata - Siel/Beritra
Stormwing - Israphel/Kahrum/Tiamat

thispls

Also, maybe in cross-server stuffz, Tahabata: Name-TB or Name-TH or Name-TA & Stormwing: Name-SW or Name-ST or Name-SG

Edited by Deltavolt-IS

3 hours ago, Shoko-SL said:

From a player that been playing this game since beta. Please keep the name Siel.. Every time someone hears Siel it remind them of when Aion first started. If you remove the name then you just remove all the good memories people had on this server. I bet you do a survey to ask all the active players.. I bet at least 75% would agree to keep the name. #sielforever

3 hours ago, Xion-SL said:

I don't get why previously used server names is off the table if a lot of people like those names. What happened to being more open and listening to your player's feedback?

I understand trying to steer away from names that lean more towards a faction to try and discourage someone from picking a server due to the names themselves might be pushing for a faction but I don't think any new or old players have a problem with an old name. For the new players it's just a name reference. For the old players there's history to them.

Just my 2 cents. Anyways, while I honestly would have preferred Ariel and Azphel or at least Siel and Israphel but since those are off the tables, then Oriel and Pernon. Even though they're faction based, they are the names of the housing regions and the new servers whether we like them or not is our new home.

Because that realistically won't make anyone happy. There are veterans who have been through several mergers and lost their original server name (Zikel here), and the original server list is quite long. You're going to make people from around 8 servers (approximately) unhappy, and it won't mean anything to the new players.

Better to pick a new name.. although the issue of the server name (please notice this CYAN/HIME) is by far the least import issue in comparison to the nyerk-up with the charcter transfer, name selection, and the pathetic compensation that veterans will get for non-instanced housing.

Edited by Calista-TM

Tyd-KT   

Padmarashka and Sematariux my suggestion for server names.

Edited by Tyd-BR