Forums

Renown system Broken?

Phisdion-DN

@Loki Can you post for us how much renown is supposed to drop as a % for each lvl every Monday?  It has been 2 weeks now where my renown has gone down twice on Mondays.  

My renown at the start of the day:

Inggison LVL 5 with 89.94%

Lakrum LVL 6 with 30.5%

Demaha LVL 5 with 37.58%

Crimson Katalam LVL 3 with 49.75%

Around noon server time it dropped to the following levels:

Inggison LVL 5 with 53.2%

Lakrum LVL 6 with 10.16%

Demaha LVL 5 with 0.96%

Crimson Katalam LVL 3 with 40.69%

Around 7pm server time it dropped again to these levels:

Inggison LVL 5 with 16.60%

Lakrum LVL 5 with 81.66%

Demaha LVL 4 with 39.42%

Crimson Katalam LVL 3 with 31.65%

I get that renown decays each week but losing this much seems broken.  Can you please confirm if this is a bug or not and then please list how much each lvl is supposed to decay in % so we can verify it is working as intended?  btw I did submit a ticket last week and they told me that renown goes down when you are killed and that visiting a soul healer will restore it..

Go to page 7 for renown table (with weekly losses)

Turns out when you are in the battlefield server when the normal Monday 12:00 weekly deduction takes place, you take the weekly deduction again when you leave that battlefield server. This affects all players who attends Monday 12:00 altar sieges.

Losing 1.152 million FEXP (2x the intended value) really hurts.

Last Monday I filed a ticket on this issue, it's still open.

• Daeva
2 minutes ago, Phisdion-DN said:

well i was in inggison both times i didn't leave the main city until after it happened the second time.  that's 2 weeks in a row.

Did you stay in Inggison the whole time, and it dropped twice?

It happened to me also today. I was first at 79% lvl6 Inggison renown, then it passed to 59% after 12h server time. And now I discovered that I'm already at 39% lvl6 in Inggison (please make it stop !!!!! :o), which is really annoying and demotivating... :/ I suspect the second deduction took place after server reset.

It's really hard to reach high lvl of renown and if we're getting that much deduction, it makes no sense to even try. It is easy to demonstrate that even all of Inggi weeklies and dailies cannot provide that much renown to counter twice the normal deduction. I do agree with people who suggest that returning of the Stormwing event is the only way to compensate for all the problems we have since the new patch - server lag, bugged instances, abnormal renown deduction etc.

3 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Were both of you online in-game (any server) on the occurance of normal weekly deduction (Monday 12:00 server time)?

Did the double weekly deduction occur to any of your other characters who were not online when the normal weekly deduction occured?

Dear TheSecretCowLeve,

I'm almost certain I was not online on Monday 12:00 since I decided to deliberately avoid being online at that time after having heard about this strange fame deduction issue on forum. I logged in after to do my dailies and I was glad to see that no double deduction was applied and I had high hopes on reaching lvl7 in Inggison this week (a false joy alas). With that I departed peacefully to bed (I live on European time) and next morning I noticed that my renown bar became suspiciously short and I checked and OMG ! a second deduction occured ! I also discovered that the server was reset, so I suspect this may be the reason at least for me (but I'm sure there can be multiple reasons...). So now i'm on a pitiful 40% lvl6 in Inggison and I lost any motivation to level up my renown. It seems I'll never get my ultimate enchantment stone bundle :/

2 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Well, I hope they can just apply the same update to fix that here, don't tell me we are stuck for months with this bug :o like in Korea

1 hour ago, Jenifer-DN said:

Dear @Hime

Please, don't let Renown System Weekly Reduction to be so severe.

It produces more fatigue rather than anything good.

Dear Jenifer,

I'm sure that is an error, since, like I said before, this double deduction almost totally annihilates all renown you can get for one week in Inggison (twice 20.3% at lvl6 is a huge huge amount). From my impression, in other regions it's even harder to get the fame points, so if it continues like that, it will take months to reach even lvl7.

4 hours ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Were both of you online in-game (any server) on the occurance of normal weekly deduction (Monday 12:00 server time)?

Did the double weekly deduction occur to any of your other characters who were not online when the normal weekly deduction occured?

yes i was online at the time of the noon reset and then logged off around 12:30, i was mostly afk working so i never left Inggy main city.  I logged back on around 7pm server time and when i logged back in still in the main city i saw the second reduction. 

1 hour ago, Cyfur-EK said:

The Renown points system seems discriminatory, it works against casual players, or those that have several alts.

They need to have a serious rethink the time period the points are valid for.

It would have been better for casual players if the amount of XP we lose is far less or at least be a static number instead of a bigger number at every level.

Another thing about the renown system in Crimson Katalam, is it encourage people to level the camp to 2 or 3 for the renown points then leave. Which means people who are there trying to do the weekly sins have to wait and wait and wait. It's horrible compared to 7.3

28 minutes ago, Cyfur-EK said:

I have ended up deleting half my toons because I can't keep up with the renown daily points maintenance quests.

It's a pity, I invested a lot of time into them.

You deleted your chars because you couldn't keep up with renown? Why do I have trouble believing this? Why do you even need renown to begin with? It is just so you can buy some additional stuff with XP marks. It is not like you would get cancer if you can't keep up with a high fame level so you preferred assisted suicide!

22 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You deleted your chars because you couldn't keep up with renown? Why do I have trouble believing this? Why do you even need renown to begin with? It is just so you can buy some additional stuff with XP marks. It is not like you would get cancer if you can't keep up with a high fame level so you preferred assisted suicide!

You obviously don't play Crimson Katalam very much. You have to be level 5 to buy gear off the Shugos and that's a lot of time wasted if you have many characters. It was fine in 7.3 not anymore when you can only enter the map every other day.

1 hour ago, Cyfur-EK said:

You obviously don't play Crimson Katalam very much. You have to be level 5 to buy gear off the Shugos and that's a lot of time wasted if you have many characters. It was fine in 7.3 not anymore when you can only enter the map every other day.

You can buy ultimate gear with genesis crystals, not as good as Dark Talon but with the discount scrolls from the renown npc (level 4 only needed) you can make a set pretty fast.

I have been in Katalam 1~2 times since 7.5 came and previously I would enter like once a month or something since it had nothing for end game players, so yeah my renown there must be like 0 or something (I think I did 1~2 quests and that was it)

11 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You can buy ultimate gear with genesis crystals, not as good as Dark Talon but with the discount scrolls from the renown npc (level 4 only needed) you can make a set pretty fast.

I have been in Katalam 1~2 times since 7.5 came and previously I would enter like once a month or something since it had nothing for end game players, so yeah my renown there must be like 0 or something (I think I did 1~2 quests and that was it)

Hes talking about accessories, not armor, which is the only upgrade to this patch.

The rewards for high renown isn't even worth it + the upkeep to keep it.

Just now, Ele-DN said:

Hes talking about accessories, not armor, which is the only upgrade to this patch.

OK but you can buy ultimate accessories too with genesis crystals directly (not the Dark Talon), unless the Katalam ones are better, but in any case you don't delete the chars because you can't gear them in Katalam gear.

Those are a waste to buy at this point. Everyone should be using kt/cruel accs, unless they're clerics chanters and sw. Then they should be getting accs from BE NM, aoa and if desperate, titan coin accs for heal boost. Dark talon might bet better than the starter stuff, but the reason for accs and feathers to not have any enchanting is the rng for gem/rune slot. It could take 2-3 or even more to get the gem color or rune shape that you want for the piece. 

As for deleting alts.... depends what you're doing with. A naked painter does as much, if not more, than a geared sw in splinter.

Archived