Weekly Server Maintenance - July 1, 2020

Arctic

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you make siege a hour later when that's like 12:00a.m-1:00a.m in east coast it's a NA server, That makes no logical sense why you would make siege time even later...

great way to f**k up, It was bad enough already when siege was  so late at night as is...

3 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

I regularly help recruit for sieges, so I note how many drop off and how many tell me that they have problems due to the current time ALREADY being late. Now you want to make it even later???? 

Personally, I'm located on East coast NA, and I work, so siege times are difficult as it is. This is going to make it EXTREMELY hard to attend.

New players now don't see what we used to have:

- East and West coast servers - GONE

- support for timezone changes (Daylight Savings)- GONE

- surveys for siege time changes for our region- GONE

Now we don't even get a basic justification. Just an announcement that is basically  " it's changing- take it or leave it" and which many people can miss.

Really? Has it gotten THAT bad at your office, so that you cannot communicate with your community in a more positive way?

the siege schedule is bs they should just make siege 2 hours earlier and give us altars right after siege  so we can do the stupid event schedule after  im on the east coast as well so i wont be doing near siege because of this  you need to do a survey again like you did in times past to get the community to vote on a good siege time of night or day  when everybodys home and free and maybe bring back east coast server  where siege is on a different clock then it is on katalam or something

4 hours ago, MetalPhantomEvil-DN said:

WTF

do you think only americans play? Why change Siege schedules?

i think the problem is they are catering to the pacific mountain timers and not the east coasters or maybe they trying to nail the game in is already dead coffin Aion R.I.P. 2009 to 2020 faith and arms. GG

2 hours ago, Euphoria-DN said:

Umm NO before daylight savings it was an hour earlier than what it is now. We are going an additional hour later. Siege has Never been this late on NA server since the initial 12 servers when we had east and west coast servers (RIP) and even then if you were an east coast player playing on Vaizel for example that was your choice if you wanted to play in a west coast time you knew beforehand that your stuff is gonna be much later. When my 1st server Triniel was gettign merged with Zikel cluster NCsoft gave us free transfers to one of the 4 new servers (Zikel and Israphel east coast and Vaizel and Siel West Coast). But many did not want to go to Vaizel/Siel at the time because dredge and siege were gonna be so damn late

Are you sure cause I’m in GMT +10 which will make siege 2pm and back in January Demeha altars were 1pm, fortress were 2pm and instances were 1-7 pm for me maintenance would be 10pm. Fortress siege was never 12pm for me.

Currently everything is 1 hour before what I said above and personally it’s not good for me.

Oh geez... Please reconsider the decision to change siege times- like others have said, it would be much better to push the sieges an hour earlier if anything. I don't think anyone has expressed wanting the times changed to be later; I haven't seen it anywhere on the forums, in LFG, or in various AION discord servers. With my particular schedule, I actually benefit from having sieges be later in the evening but that does not mean it is the best time for an entire community. And changing the siege times in the middle of a competition season?? What even. 

I didn't do siege for 2 months or something anyway bc too late for some ppl as it is right now for EU players like me and 500 more that was already at 6 am , so if now is late for NA too, isn't more better to split this in half and give us 2x time per day something like altars,so anyone can have a part of it, and only the most actives players can be on top to lead us? Also too much p2w stuff again , pvp becoming only run and die, bc of stigmas/transforms differences and more stuff , if all the f2p will leave there will not be any que for pvp stuff or anything to do just afk on the main city bc you cannot play a game with 10 players only. Thats just an opinion i thinking already to leave that after idk 10 years of NA Aion , so i dont care to much just reply here:))

13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

• Fixed an issue where flight time resets when traveling to the Battlefield server.
  • Fixed an issue where quest target for the quests "A Knife in the Heart" (Elyos) and "The Advance" (Asmodian) would die too quickly to allied NPCs, preventing completion of the quest.

Thank you x 2. I was getting tired of jumping of a cliff in Lakrum and going damn where did my flight time go, and now I can finish that quest

13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Fixed an issue where flight time resets when traveling to the Battlefield server.

Temporarily removed the Renown point reduction until we have a permanent fix which will reduce the Renown point only once a week

Amen to both of these, having like 10 minutes flight time and going down to 30 seconds was awful. And finally a bug that is now turned into benefit the players. If something doesn't work as intended, it need to be changed to at least favor the players.

Archived