3rd Party Programs

Malloc-KT

Hi there,

I am bringing this up as I am a returning player. I was wondering what is the current view against the following programs.

1. Shugo Console

As you may be aware Shugo console is a third party program which allows the user to increase the view angle and distance.

2. AION Rainmeter

A program that monitors the chatlog and provides a couple of functionalities such as DPS metrics

3. AIDPS meter

Similar to the previous one with the addition of checking and marking the animations that are breaching the expected timings (hack check).

4.Mouse and Keyboard Gaming softwares

Which allow the player to use macros and keybinds in a sequence.

@Loki would you be able to shine some light over this? I am pretty sure that they have been discussed in the past but all I could find was ambiguous and it was always the same response, "Third-party program can get you banned".

Looking forward to a meaningful response.

Thanks,

You probably will still get the same ambiguous response and won't get a clear "yes" or "no". This has been asked and been dodged literally for years. 

Though I guess there is always hope that this time will be different.

I personally use Shugo Console. It is required to play for me now. It's affect is no different than running Aion on an HDD versus SSD, or utilizing a ping reducer, in terms of how it may affect play. The options in Shugo console used to be available from the main launcher/client but they had removed/hidden them.

AIDPS and Rainmeter I'm not even sure work anymore however they're fine.

All the things you have mentioned basically fall into this catagory: 

"Technically even using a ping reducer is against the EULA, however they do not ban those for utilizing these." -- from someone that has for over a decade. 

11 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

Fun fact: WoW started making content harder based around the mods/3rd party programs that were mandatory for the products players had to install to allow the products to even function.

It is 2020 those who look down on mouse/keyboard software are living in 2010.

15 hours ago, Malloc-KT said:

Hi there,

I am bringing this up as I am a returning player. I was wondering what is the current view against the following programs.

1. Shugo Console

As you may be aware Shugo console is a third party program which allows the user to increase the view angle and distance.

2. AION Rainmeter

A program that monitors the chatlog and provides a couple of functionalities such as DPS metrics

3. AIDPS meter

Similar to the previous one with the addition of checking and marking the animations that are breaching the expected timings (hack check).

@Loki would you be able to shine some light over this? I am pretty sure that they have been discussed in the past but all I could find was ambiguous and it was always the same response, "Third-party program can get you banned".

Thanks,

Shugo Console and Aion Rainmeter actually have been discussed over and over again, I'm pretty sure I first found out about it from a thread made by a GM years ago saying where to safely download them. NCsoft basically says every-time they don't support any issues you might have due to using them. 

18 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

AIDPS and Rainmeter I'm not even sure work anymore however they're fine.

aiDPS works as of yesterday.

There's also MyAion meter now which is what everyone uses to see who is hacking because it's much clearer on there with an exclamation point, calling them out.

I use aiDPS mostly though because the loot table of MyAion doesn't work for me, so I can't see when people are multi-looting on WBes, etc. Plus I prefer the simple design of aiDPS and its Battleground widget which shows classes inside pvp instances before the instance actually starts.

• Daeva
On 7/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, Malloc-KT said:

Hi there,

1. Shugo Console

2. AION Rainmeter

3. AIDPS meter

Thanks,

As you suspect, the official response is "Third party programs are not supported and can end up with your account being suspended."

As for my own additional info. I am aware of these tools and why players want to use them. I have been trying (for a while) to see if we can get native support for a couple of these Quality of Life things, but it is pretty difficult in a 10+ year old game. x_x

Wish I had more to tell you guys. Don't download from suspicious sites! Don't give out info! 

Archived