Bid ban

Untoria-KT

1 hour ago, Alice-KT said:

Wasn't the first massive ban wave for the glitched fort mail? The mail that gave billions of kinah from taking lower forts. Or was that after the first/second rounds of server merges.

I don't remember a ban for glitched fort mail. I recall that Azphel server had a bug that sent out foooooktons of kinah after one fort take, and they had to rollback the server because of it.

I think there was a kinah buying/botting ban that occurred in the first few months, and thousands of accounts got hacked afterward and stripped of everything they had by gold sellers/botters. If that is the right banwave, I think that one was the one that gutted the Asmodian faction on most servers of the time. I know Lumiel Asmo took a big hit in one banwave.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I don't remember a ban for glitched fort mail. I recall that Azphel server had a bug that sent out foooooktons of kinah after one fort take, and they had to rollback the server because of it.

I think there was a kinah buying/botting ban that occurred in the first few months, and thousands of accounts got hacked afterward and stripped of everything they had by gold sellers/botters. If that is the right banwave, I think that one was the one that gutted the Asmodian faction on most servers of the time. I know Lumiel Asmo took a big hit in one banwave.

Wasn't that when they killed the dredg? 

Thinking back, I believe that most ban waves were for things like exploits and not specifically hacks. I can't recall a ban wave of no-ani hackers. But I can remember a number of ban waves for exploiting a loophole and buying kinah. I do remember targeted bans for people that did things like.. "flew" to the tops of towers to get more GP, clipped through walls to take down the respawn thingies during the world v. world sieges and sinking under the floor to clear fort instances solo. But those weren't exactly "ban waves". More a handful of people caught doing something rather public.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Wasn't that when they killed the dredg? 

Oh geez,I knew it was something like that. Azphel was so long ago, and yes it was the dredge killing glitch. Think the fort mail issue was on either OG Vaizel or Zikel after it got merged into multiple times. But people were getting mass amounts of money from taking over lower forts, that shouldn't have been possible. We almost need a ban time line for all the fun ban waves.

1 hour ago, Alice-KT said:

Oh geez,I knew it was something like that. Azphel was so long ago, and yes it was the dredge killing glitch. Think the fort mail issue was on either OG Vaizel or Zikel after it got merged into multiple times. But people were getting mass amounts of money from taking over lower forts, that shouldn't have been possible. We almost need a ban time line for all the fun ban waves.

Ooo, yeah, there might have been a lower fort one, but, if it wasn't on all servers, I missed it.

We could make a list of all the governors that have gotten banned. :P That'd be fun.

Archived