Hime

Welcome to the New Aion Forums

I got a legit question. Why did it took so long before we had a new forums? 

I mean you guys got this forums from IPS. It's a 5-10 minute work to actually get the forums online.
Then you link your Player database with the forum database. That takes probably an hour.
Put some fancy shugo avatar on it, etc.

Now... I'll ask again, why did we have to wait literally years for this, when this can be set up in less than a day? Just asking.

SWEET! I've recently returned to the game after 5 years away, rerolled everything (I wouldn't have even known where to begin with my old chanter) and have no idea what I'm doing. Ok, that's an exaggeration... but it's awesome to now be able to ask questions about new stuff if I have them ^_^

Not entirely sure how I feel about the design chosen for the forums (plain and boring) but... at least we can log in now. Prepare for all the incoming rage and complaints that will now be able to be posted :D

14 minutes ago, Harley-BR said:

Not entirely sure how I feel about the design chosen for the forums (plain and boring) but... at least we can log in now. Prepare for all the incoming rage and complaints that will now be able to be posted :D

It's too bright for me wtf

I'm happy the new forums are finally here ^_^ Thank you NCsoft Team.

I love shugos, but I'd really appreciate to be able to pick my own avatar pic. We all look the same here, except Hime.

Bryos-DN   

I need my Bryoncé title back. :P And signatures, or else I am nearly unable to see who posted what.

IMy whole life I have been using vBulletin forums. Makes me feel lost. I dont suppose there is a "New Posts", is there?

Bryos-DN   
1 minute ago, Megaphone-BR said:

It's on the top. Where you see the "+ Create" button.

No, I mean the part of forums where they list all posts within the last 24 hours or posted since you log in. Feels like lazy talk, but having to go through all sections  to check for new posts...

Nyali-DN   

8 hours ago, Megaphone-BR said:

I got a legit question. Why did it took so long before we had a new forums? 

I mean you guys got this forums from IPS. It's a 5-10 minute work to actually get the forums online.
Then you link your Player database with the forum database. That takes probably an hour.
Put some fancy shugo avatar on it, etc.

Now... I'll ask again, why did we have to wait literally years for this, when this can be set up in less than a day? Just asking.

You're not the only one who's asking this question. There were a few people on the old forum incl. me asking why this is taking that long while an amateur can set up a simple forum within a day, while NCWest needs 7 years to do so. *shrugs* I can just make some assumptions as in their management is a bit "slow" etc

8 hours ago, Harley-BR said:

People should be aware that this forum just started. Some of the functions still seem to be locked and I'm looking forward for them to unlock some of it and expand it as in adding titles, signatures, more forum sections and more. I'm not sure if NCWest has considered this but since the amount of people might grow on this forum now, we might need a mod or two just like on the BnS forum (not sure how they organized it there since it's been a while since I was there).

Make sure to use the suggestion section on this forum if you see something which might help the forum too! I'm sure they would appreciate it! <3