Shattered Abyssal Splinter Temporarily Disabled

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

Due to a serious issue recently discovered, we've temporarily disabled the Shattered Abyssal Splinter instance and related merchant NPCs. We don't have an ETA for bringing them back just yet, but are hoping it will be as soon as possible.

Thanks for the update @Kibbelz ... is there anyway to fix your profile so when you post you're listed under the Dev Tracker tab? It'll make it easier for us to find your replies and posts on here. Thanks! 

P.S.  Can you make a new forum section just for Game Announcements/Events that maybe only the Dev team can create topics under? I feel like putting everything under "General Discussion" is getting a bit cluttered and looks sloppy. Just an idea.

• Aion Team

@Rag-DN Thanks, let me check w/ my team about that! I expect it should be possible! And thanks for the feedback around Forum Structure. I'll also take that to the team.

@Zibrid-DN I wish I could. I can follow-up during our sync today and check if there's an update we can share, but last word I received was that we're still investigating w/ date TBD, potentially soon or not.

On 7/20/2020 at 0:23 PM, Kibbelz said:

@Rag-DN Thanks, let me check w/ my team about that! I expect it should be possible! And thanks for the feedback around Forum Structure. I'll also take that to the team.

@Zibrid-DN I wish I could. I can follow-up during our sync today and check if there's an update we can share, but last word I received was that we're still investigating w/ date TBD, potentially soon or not.

@Kibbelz How do you say "were still investigating" when you guys literally took it down for an issue you found. How hard is it to fix? its been almost 10 days now and you havent fixed the issue that you "found" in the first place. This is destroying the economy, people arent getting their essence boxes, dev skills, contracts, enchant stones etc. This is one of the ways that players could get essence boxes without having to spend actual money, and now its just gone. And we probably wont even be compensated for the amount of time its going to be shut down for.

i've never felt the need to make any comment about the game on forums, i always accepted the way things were conducted and took a break from the game whenever my disagreement with things bothered me enough. But this is happening again, as people said, this dungeon may not be important to most, but for some like me it was a great deal. It was my way to finally have my transparent transformations, upgrading my skills, make money and a free-to-play way to at least try to get more legendary transformations... and i'm really concerned this will take months to fix (like what happened to evergale) or not even return to the game. I just feel like i put all my efforts to stand for this game, but you guys just don't care enough, really. So, please at least give us the feedback and the respect we need, hopefully by fixing the problem really soon and compensating us with this time lost. respectfully, i hope you'll understand how big and important this is.

6 minutes ago, Clethus-DN said:

this dungeon may not be important to most, but for some like me it was a great deal

On the contrary, I'd say SAS is important to 99% of the playerbase -- even those who already have "everything" could still get 20% potions from here. This is a great loss for everyone as there were many great items in the rewards, and this instance was doable even by undergeared players.

So it's been 10 days since AS has been taken out of game and we don't even know why.  Last time you mentioned AS you said we could hear about it soon or not.... lol what does that even mean? I want to know if we are going to be getting AS soon so I can decide if I want to renew my prestige and continue to play. If not thats fine I'll come back when it does but I think I speak for all of us when I say we would just like to know what is going on. AS might seem like just an instance to you guys but its one of the best parts of the game. @Kibbelz

And we do not even know the issue. like they are not even willing to tell us the issue, even if it was an exploit or whatever, it is not like we can go in and take advantage of it.

I have been doing Abyssal Splinter religiously the last months on all my geared alts, I haven't seen anything weird, unless the mistake is in the mechanics and not a glitch or something. I hate waiting for a fix and still not know what the issue was.

• Aion Team

@Clethus-DN Thanks for creating an account to share your thoughts here. It's clear the issue is important to you, as it is many others. I will perform another investigation to see if there are any additional details we are able to share around this event.

Internally, we already began discussions about how to compensate everyone. It's a challenge to do this well b/c some players of course get higher rankings or are more engaged, but we want to at least get something to help into your hands. We had initially planned to deliver compensation once SAS had returned, but given how things have been developing, we should examine if an interim package can be given to help in the meantime.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll follow-up on those two topics (any extra details / interim compensation) as soon as I can.

43 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Internally, we already began discussions about how to compensate everyone. It's a challenge to do this well b/c some players of course get higher rankings or are more engaged, but we want to at least get something to help into your hands.

@Kibbelz cant we just get a decent event, for compensation, thats for ALL players. Including the ones who dont spend money on the game. An event with good rewards, that can be obtained without having to spend a penny. And by good rewards, not like 5 stigma enchant stones. Like Ultimate, and Legendary transformation contracts or potions, gear, stuff that will really benefit everyone in the community.

Well, since KT didn't need to be reset last week, for the first time since the issue began, I'm still betting on the fact the SAS is the cause of the NPC's becoming bugged.
I mentioned in another post, that in the minutes leading up to the 7.5 patch maintenance, SAS and it's NPC's were removed. Since then, every week, around the same time, progressively happening earlier and earlier, the NPC bug occurred. 

Unless it's because someone figured out how to carry the +15 abyss weapon outside of the instance :P 

2 hours ago, Bintang-KT said:

Well, since KT didn't need to be reset last week, for the first time since the issue began, I'm still betting on the fact the SAS is the cause of the NPC's becoming bugged.
I mentioned in another post, that in the minutes leading up to the 7.5 patch maintenance, SAS and it's NPC's were removed. Since then, every week, around the same time, progressively happening earlier and earlier, the NPC bug occurred. 

Unless it's because someone figured out how to carry the +15 abyss weapon outside of the instance :P 

If you were able to take the weapon outside the instance I think they would of told us. Its not like were gonna be able to do it again after they "fix it." as for the crashes.. i need my weekly reset, i just started doing cubics again!

On 25/7/2020 at 5:42 AM, Bintang-KT said:

So you mean Abyssal Splinter was causing the instability? If we do not get another KT bug while we do not have Abyssal then I guess this was the issue and they could have told us.

So SAS got removed because it was causing the KT  server issues with stability?Why go hush about it ? Its not a exploit like most were expecting.

I will be a sad shugo if this takes longer than a month to fix this.

@Kibbelz If you guys arent able to bring the instance itself back soon.Please bring the the npcs back temporary if thats not causing a issue!

Archived