Jump to content
Kibbelz

Shattered Abyssal Splinter Temporarily Disabled

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

And if it was one type of Abyssal Splinter that was causing the problem (for example the one that spawns the weapon crystals with Cruel Airo NPC) then they could re-implement Abyssal Splinter only with Cold Airo type.

This is why the players are usually mad at the staff. They act like government, they closed Abyssal Splinter and they didn't even say the reason as if it is a top secret while we most likely already found the reason (and the possible solution). And just like government who can't fix civilian problems because they live in a simulation and are away from everyday issues... the NCWest staff cannot fix an issue in a game that they do not play, nor can they offer side-solutions.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well it seems Abyssal Splinter wasn't causing the trouble to the server. We keep getting the bug always on Monday lately.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kibbelz   

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. We are happy to share that we intend to bring Shattered Abyssal Splinter back online 7/29. We apologize for not being able to provide greater detail as the process was ongoing - but occasionally this is the nature of development. I will work harder to find details that can be shared in the event something like this occurs in the future. Otherwise, we hope that our transparency initiatives in other areas can make up for this... but until then, please know the following:

  • We will be granting compensation for the downtime of 10 Experience Crystals, 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box for each day SAS has been offline. We understand that some players who achieved higher ranks may have earned more, and struggled with the best solution here. We hope this solution proves acceptable for now.
     
  • To provide further experience-related assistance, we are activating a +200% Experience Bonus (300% total) event beginning on Wednesday. The event will run for three weeks through August 19th, at which point we will reassess.

We also shared these details in our recent Game Team Feedback Update. Thanks again for your patience while we investigated <3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetus-DN   
Posted (edited)
Quote

We will be granting compensation for the downtime of 10 Experience Crystals, 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box for each day SAS has been offline. We understand that some players who achieved higher ranks may have earned more, and struggled with the best solution here. We hope this solution proves acceptable for now.

At least tell me this compansation is for each lv 80 toon and not per account, couse yeah... any semi decent geared toon can get S rank therefore it would be 25 abyssal fragments per day, not only 10.....

But hey, at least we get an exp event since exp is pretty much non existent ingame now...

Edited by Cetus-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyali-DN   
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:
  • We will be granting compensation for the downtime of 10 Experience Crystals, 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box for each day SAS has been offline. We understand that some players who achieved higher ranks may have earned more, and struggled with the best solution here. We hope this solution proves acceptable for now.

Just to clarify, is this per account or per character? And thank you for the efforts, I know it's always hard to find a good middle to make everyone happy. <3

Edited by Nyali-DN
Added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Since they never confirmed what the issue was...

From what I heard, the "serious issue" was that people were able to buy some items from merchant NPC without having any <[Event] Abyssal Fragment> on their special cube.  And if my font was telling the truth, that's how some people got their Ultimate xforms.

But, hey... good thing everyone is getting 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box for each day SAS was offline. Yay.
 

P.S.: I can't really confirm if it's a thing that happened for real, but if it's real, I hope that the people who did it will get punished somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rag-DN   
On 7/27/2020 at 5:09 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. We are happy to share that we intend to bring Shattered Abyssal Splinter back online 7/29. We apologize for not being able to provide greater detail as the process was ongoing - but occasionally this is the nature of development. I will work harder to find details that can be shared in the event something like this occurs in the future. Otherwise, we hope that our transparency initiatives in other areas can make up for this... but until then, please know the following:

  • We will be granting compensation for the downtime of 10 Experience Crystals, 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box for each day SAS has been offline. We understand that some players who achieved higher ranks may have earned more, and struggled with the best solution here. We hope this solution proves acceptable for now.
     
  • To provide further experience-related assistance, we are activating a +200% Experience Bonus (300% total) event beginning on Wednesday. The event will run for three weeks through August 19th, at which point we will reassess.

We also shared these details in our recent Game Team Feedback Update. Thanks again for your patience while we investigated <3

 

When are we getting the compensation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kibbelz   
19 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

When are we getting the compensation?

It should be deployed very soon, if not already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100 abyssal token is pretty low tbh ppl with 12 toons can get 300 per day and we getting 100 for 2 weeks of compensation lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rag-DN   
6 hours ago, Zombiex-DN said:

100 abyssal token is pretty low tbh ppl with 12 toons can get 300 per day and we getting 100 for 2 weeks of compensation lol

TBH i'm just shocked their even doing that. I rather of had a single reset scroll per day but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14. 7. 2020 at 2:15 AM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Due to a serious issue recently discovered, we've temporarily disabled the Shattered Abyssal Splinter instance and related merchant NPCs. We don't have an ETA for bringing them back just yet, but are hoping it will be as soon as possible.

 

On 29. 7. 2020 at 7:52 PM, Unbuff-DN said:

Since they never confirmed what the issue was...

From what I heard, the "serious issue" was that people were able to buy some items from merchant NPC without having any <[Event] Abyssal Fragment> on their special cube.  And if my font was telling the truth, that's how some people got their Ultimate xforms.

But, hey... good thing everyone is getting 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box for each day SAS was offline. Yay.
 

P.S.: I can't really confirm if it's a thing that happened for real, but if it's real, I hope that the people who did it will get punished somehow.

Tell the truth you must @Kibbelz what that serious issue was. If the rumors true are, compensation you gave shamefull seems you think not? 

1) give 1x ultimate xform selectable box 

OR

2) delete exploited accounts

I fear otherwise your customers will be no more. 

Great imbalance in the Force by mistake of yours you made, mhm. Dark side always hard to see is, fight against we must, if we can, you think not? 

May the Force be with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, YodaGo-DN said:

 

Tell the truth you must @Kibbelz what that serious issue was. If the rumors true are, compensation you gave shamefull seems you think not? 

1) give 1x ultimate xform selectable box 

OR
2) delete exploited accounts
I fear otherwise your customers will be no more.
Great imbalance in the Force by mistake of yours you made, mhm. Dark side always hard to see is, fight against we must, if we can, you think not?
May the Force be with you.

I mean at least you tried to wrap it in a sentence as if this was going to happen. You even logged a 0 posts char for this :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I mean at least you tried to wrap it in a sentence as if this was going to happen. You even logged a 0 posts char for this :D

Does it mean if i log in to post on forum in a decade, for the purpose to speak up my mind about a thing, that i think will influence the whole game...at least whole patch? Ultimate xform, you pretend that everyone has? 4 Real? People got scammed by NCsoft again and u goin to spend more money to prove yourself that you're the biggest whale of them all..i don't feel pitty, you've made up your mind already and i srsly hope, you'll saturate the NC salary for a month more, so ppl can abuse more things to make your IRL contribution more worthless, does it seems familiar? Yes, the bitter taste you feel Is from hackers/abusers + NCsoft acting like nothing happened. Enjoy till next event;-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YodaGo-DN said:

Does it mean if i log in to post on forum in a decade, for the purpose to speak up my mind about a thing, that i think will influence the whole game...at least whole patch? Ultimate xform, you pretend that everyone has? 4 Real? People got scammed by NCsoft again and u goin to spend more money to prove yourself that you're the biggest whale of them all..i don't feel pitty, you've made up your mind already and i srsly hope, you'll saturate the NC salary for a month more, so ppl can abuse more things to make your IRL contribution more worthless, does it seems familiar? Yes, the bitter taste you feel Is from hackers/abusers + NCsoft acting like nothing happened. Enjoy till next event;-)

 

...bruh take the joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Arhangelos? Whale?

Bruh, I'm probably a bigger whale than he is.

...don't tell him that I got ulti xform (2x) without spending a dime. His head might explode.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The day ncsoft give us an ultimate transform as a compensation is the day the world will end. They know what happened, they will never confirm it, or compensate players that play  fair.

And that's OK.

It's our fault, really. For being dumb enough to keep playing this game in the hope that things will get better, bug abusers and hackers will get banned.

Hahaha, what a stupid dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kibbelz   
On 7/29/2020 at 10:52 AM, Unbuff-DN said:

From what I heard, the "serious issue" was that people were able to buy some items from merchant NPC without having any <[Event] Abyssal Fragment> on their special cube.  And if my font was telling the truth, that's how some people got their Ultimate xforms.

We have heard no details around this, but feel free to report any suspicious claims to our support team. This strikes me as being simply a rumor, which I've seen a few of floating around lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

We have heard no details around this, but feel free to report any suspicious claims to our support team. This strikes me as being simply a rumor, which I've seen a few of floating around lately.

Rumors fly when we do not get the actual reason. They never told us the issue.

But we are happy to have it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×