Jump to content
Aiyanna-DN

Quick question about BAN

Recommended Posts

How do you "choose" who deserve perma ban or 7-days? Isn't a little discriminating choosing by the wallet since they commit the same exploit? How can you ask for fair play if you aren't fair with the player base?

 

@Hime @Kibbelz @Loki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it's not decided by the wallet, if an account didn't spend a dime in the game it could be a farm account susceptible to bot or exploit.

I believe having a prestige monthly is enough to proof is an active account, and if that's the case and the person got perma ban they probably have an first offense in the account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
Posted (edited)

My question back to you is.. why does it matter?

I am pretty sure that players who spend a metric ton of cash in the game will get lesser punishments when caught up in a ban wave. Not only does it make business sense, but we have seen it in action. Anyone that didn't know this is lying. Also, I am very sure that spending wouldn't be the only mitigating factor. I'm sure that past conduct also factors into the severity of punishment. Did the player commit the cheat more than once? Have they been in trouble for other things in the past? In the end, it doesn't matter though. Aion is a privately run game. If they want to have a set of mitigating circumstances for how they treat players who CHEAT, then that's on them. If it bothers you, don't play.

Leaving all of that side is the bottom line.. DID YOU CHEAT? Not any one else. You. Did YOU cheat? If you answer, yes.. then you don't have a freaking leg to stand on and you will get zero sympathy from anyone here. 

And please.. cut the sjw bs. Save buzz words like "discriminating" for actual socially important topics.

Edited by Aly-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, OP is actually trying to put "fair play" in the same sentence as "exploit". That's rich.

Once you've started exploiting is like someone's who's started wellll... let's just say it's like someone's who's pregnant. There is no 'slightly" pregnant". Just as you exploit or don't- and once you do- you may get caught out. Too bad for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Im posting here  I didnt get ban right? pure logic.

Also I heard that some people got perma ban and after they appeal, their perma ban got reversed to 7-days, but why if they got caught.

Basically what I understand with that, just dont get caught you can cheat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

But those that didn't cheat should feel rigged that cheaters got a 7 day ban and they will return having their billions and what not, or should we also shut up because @Aly-DN said so?

To those saying it doesn't matter, did you cheat and got your account back? Because you sure did jump to defend the company on the soft ban on the precious few. You also assumed that the poster wants lesser sentence for the rest, how about whoever cheated get a perma ban for good?

Like we want to know if it worths playing the game or if the chosen people will get around with p2w and cheats enabled.

Edited by Vorias-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
6 minutes ago, Aiyanna-DN said:

Since Im posting here  I didnt get ban right? pure logic.

Also I heard that some people got perma ban and after they appeal, their perma ban got reversed to 7-days, but why if they got caught.

Basically what I understand with that, just dont get caught you can cheat.

 

Let me point out your mistake, okay? You are getting all bent out of shape and slinging around words like "discrimination" because you HEARD that something happened.

Let me let you in on a little secret.. people lie.

Example, ages ago I was in a group of legion people who were going to run an instance. We got to the entrance and one of the people said they had to leave. With one spot open, we asked in legion for someone to fill the spot. A player in legion said they would love to go and said he would meet us inside. We went into the instance and were waiting. To check his progress getting to us, I opened the map of the world and looked at his dot. I personally watched him FLY in a no fly zone in a freaking straight line from the main town to the entrance. Fly. Straight. There. Hacking like no one's business. Right in front of his legion leader who doesn't take hackers into their legion. Ever. I tapped the other legion leads and we all watched this player's dot. What was funny is that we didn't even have to confront him because a couple of days latter he was banned. This guy actually came to me in tears crying, "Mama! I got banned! Can you help me? I would never hack. Never! You know me!" And if you had asked me the day before I saw this, I would have told you that the guy was straight as an arrow. And here he was.. lying to my face because I had actually witnessed him hacking. Apparently others had as well because someone turned him in and Support actually banned him.

People are telling you that they had their perma reversed. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. 

People are telling others that they "only did it once"! Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't.

The point is.. it doesn't matter.

Anyone who uses a hack or an exploit risks getting caught and punished.

Though I do love your brilliance in action with your last line. You just figured out that you can cheat if you don't get caught?! Like.. right this minute you figured that out? Rocket scientist, right here! Honey! Apply to NASA. They need brain power like yours. If you hack and don't get caught.. no one notices or turns you in or catches you.. how exactly do you think they are going to get punished? The very definition of being punished pre-supposes that you get caught first.

The one sure fire way to avoid getting punished, though, is not to do it in the first place.

Get it now, Einstein?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Let me point out your mistake, okay? You are getting all bent out of shape and slinging around words like "discrimination" because you HEARD that something happened.

Let me let you in on a little secret.. people lie.

Example, ages ago I was in a group of legion people who were going to run an instance. We got to the entrance and one of the people said they had to leave. With one spot open, we asked in legion for someone to fill the spot. A player in legion said they would love to go and said he would meet us inside. We went into the instance and were waiting. To check his progress getting to us, I opened the map of the world and looked at his dot. I personally watched him FLY in a no fly zone in a freaking straight line from the main town to the entrance. Fly. Straight. There. Hacking like no one's business. Right in front of his legion leader who doesn't take hackers into their legion. Ever. I tapped the other legion leads and we all watched this player's dot. What was funny is that we didn't even have to confront him because a couple of days latter he was banned. This guy actually came to me in tears crying, "Mama! I got banned! Can you help me? I would never hack. Never! You know me!" And if you had asked me the day before I saw this, I would have told you that the guy was straight as an arrow. And here he was.. lying to my face because I had actually witnessed him hacking. Apparently others had as well because someone turned him in and Support actually banned him.

People are telling you that they had their perma reversed. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. 

People are telling others that they "only did it once"! Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't.

The point is.. it doesn't matter.

Anyone who uses a hack or an exploit risks getting caught and punished.

Though I do love your brilliance in action with your last line. You just figured out that you can cheat if you don't get caught?! Like.. right this minute you figured that out? Rocket scientist, right here! Honey! Apply to NASA. They need brain power like yours. If you hack and don't get caught.. no one notices or turns you in or catches you.. how exactly do you think they are going to get punished? The very definition of being punished pre-supposes that you get caught first.

The one sure fire way to avoid getting punished, though, is not to do it in the first place.

Get it now, Einstein?

 

lol, why so defensive and aggressive? you don't even play this game, you just play on forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
20 minutes ago, Vorias-KT said:

But those that didn't cheat should feel rigged that cheaters got a 7 day ban and they will return having their billions and what not, or should we also shut up because @Aly-DN said so?

To those saying it doesn't matter, did you cheat and got your account back? Because you sure did jump to defend the company on the soft ban on the precious few. You also assumed that the poster wants lesser sentence for the rest, how about whoever cheated get a perma ban for good?

Like we want to know if it worths playing the game or if the chosen people will get around with p2w and cheats enabled.

I honestly don't care. What you are describing has happened so many times over the last 11 years that I lost track ages ago. Often times cheaters do prosper. What am I going to do about it? Cry on the forums? Because someone told me that something unfair happened? Been there.. don't that.. have the scares to prove it.

I don't want to get banned. Therefore I do not cheat and I do not exploit. I don't like cheaters, so I personally don't play with them. I don't group with them. I stop grouping with people when I do find out that they cheat. I can control me and my own game environment. I laugh when cheaters and exploiters get banned. I enjoy watching the rage on the forums on the really rare times it happens.

But I stopped getting all bent out of shape over "unfair" practices because in the end the only person my rage hurts is me.

Fair is what NCSoft says it is. It's their game. 

Fact.. players will lie.

Fact.. gaming companies are business and sometimes (often times) make business decisions.

 

2 minutes ago, Aiyanna-DN said:

lol, why so defensive and aggressive? you don't even play this game, you just play on forums.

I don't play? News to me.

I'm neither defensive nor aggressive. I just don't like idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Example, ages ago I was in a group of legion people who were going to run an instance. We got to the entrance and one of the people said they had to leave. With one spot open, we asked in legion for someone to fill the spot. A player in legion said they would love to go and said he would meet us inside. We went into the instance and were waiting. To check his progress getting to us, I opened the map of the world and looked at his dot. I personally watched him FLY in a no fly zone in a freaking straight line from the main town to the entrance. Fly. Straight. There. Hacking like no one's business. Right in front of his legion leader who doesn't take hackers into their legion. Ever. I tapped the other legion leads and we all watched this player's dot. What was funny is that we didn't even have to confront him because a couple of days latter he was banned. This guy actually came to me in tears crying, "Mama! I got banned! Can you help me? I would never hack. Never! You know me!" And if you had asked me the day before I saw this, I would have told you that the guy was straight as an arrow. And here he was.. lying to my face because I had actually witnessed him hacking. Apparently others had as well because someone turned him in and Support actually banned him.

That, and the guy who was hacking in UA forts + no ani. Was he banned at ~the same time or was he a little before/after?

I loved the "Is Cheese here? I need to talk to Cheese." in Vent from him or his friend after he got banned.

9 minutes ago, Aiyanna-DN said:

lol, why so defensive and aggressive? you don't even play this game, you just play on forums.

If anyone plays the forums, it's me, and this is some of the most exciting and outlandish things to happen to Aion in agessssss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

That, and the guy who was hacking in UA forts + no ani. Was he banned at ~the same time or was he a little before/after?

I loved the "Is Cheese here? I need to talk to Cheese." in Vent from him or his friend after he got banned.

*snip*

Lol! That guy! I think that guy was banned WHILE HE WAS IN THE FORT INSTANCE hacking. Like he was in there and boom.. force logged out and couldn't log back in.

Good times.. good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
19 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Let me point out your mistake, okay? You are getting all bent out of shape and slinging around words like "discrimination" because you HEARD that something happened.

Let me let you in on a little secret.. people lie.

Example, ages ago I was in a group of legion people who were going to run an instance. We got to the entrance and one of the people said they had to leave. With one spot open, we asked in legion for someone to fill the spot. A player in legion said they would love to go and said he would meet us inside. We went into the instance and were waiting. To check his progress getting to us, I opened the map of the world and looked at his dot. I personally watched him FLY in a no fly zone in a freaking straight line from the main town to the entrance. Fly. Straight. There. Hacking like no one's business. Right in front of his legion leader who doesn't take hackers into their legion. Ever. I tapped the other legion leads and we all watched this player's dot. What was funny is that we didn't even have to confront him because a couple of days latter he was banned. This guy actually came to me in tears crying, "Mama! I got banned! Can you help me? I would never hack. Never! You know me!" And if you had asked me the day before I saw this, I would have told you that the guy was straight as an arrow. And here he was.. lying to my face because I had actually witnessed him hacking. Apparently others had as well because someone turned him in and Support actually banned him.

People are telling you that they had their perma reversed. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. 

People are telling others that they "only did it once"! Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't.

The point is.. it doesn't matter.

Anyone who uses a hack or an exploit risks getting caught and punished.

Though I do love your brilliance in action with your last line. You just figured out that you can cheat if you don't get caught?! Like.. right this minute you figured that out? Rocket scientist, right here! Honey! Apply to NASA. They need brain power like yours. If you hack and don't get caught.. no one notices or turns you in or catches you.. how exactly do you think they are going to get punished? The very definition of being punished pre-supposes that you get caught first.

The one sure fire way to avoid getting punished, though, is not to do it in the first place.

Get it now, Einstein?

 

Too bad they don't even put effort into doing that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
1 minute ago, Ele-DN said:

Too bad they don't even put effort into doing that now.

True. But Supermen (people who fly where they can't) do get banned more often than people who, say, no-ani. It's just much easier to prove that someone is flying where you physically can't fly then to try and get Support to understand that you just can't use 10 skills in a second. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
3 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

True. But Supermen (people who fly where they can't) do get banned more often than people who, say, no-ani. It's just much easier to prove that someone is flying where you physically can't fly then to try and get Support to understand that you just can't use 10 skills in a second. lol.

Pretty sure both are clearly visible. But then again, they only ban based on their logs they have access to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aiyanna-DN said:

How do you "choose" who deserve perma ban or 7-days? 

I'm pretty sure the staff is not going to publicly disclose that kind of info, so exploiters can work around that and not get banned or to get softer punshisments LMAO

But if it makes you feel better to know how they choose. We can try to guess some paterns they use to ban ppl based on experience.

1- Amount of times someone abuses, for example:

A- Casual EC exploiter, does 10 entries per day, gets 7 day Ban.

B- Expert EC exploiter (like me), does 45 entries per day, gets 14 day Ban.

C- Expert EC exploiter, with a previous offense, like IS abuse,(like my Guildie) gets Perma Ban, RIP Ding.

2-Mitigating factors

The Higher your BCM bill is the lower the punishment Can be.( this is not complete inmunity sometimes cashers get perma ban too, but it does gets taken in consideration for sure)

3- Aggravating factors

A- You never dropped single cent not even a Prestige pack in your account.

B- Your account its secondary and you absolutely only use it for Luna farm, so logs match how a botter account looks like LOL, even if you don't hack and somebody else set the group loot, that account its still guilty of exploiting (and will get Perma Ban like my homie Alt acount)

i'm sure there are more factors that apply different according the context, but these are the only ones that come to my mind for now

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be interested to see how much ncsoft west has made from this celestial skin event. I’m willing to bet no one was buying off bcm, and instead opting to buy them off broker which were much cheaper. So they dropped the ban hammer to protect their bottom line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 5sCD2F5-DN said:

I’d be interested to see how much ncsoft west has made from this celestial skin event. I’m willing to bet no one was buying off bcm, and instead opting to buy them off broker which were much cheaper. So they dropped the ban hammer to protect their bottom line. 

Pretty sure there were. Even if they did not buy this skin the day of the ultimate stones being back on the cash shop i saw 6 KT-E get full +15 dark talon gear so...yea people are paying for stones at the very least. They also have the things to enchant runes/odian for sale as well no? They would be selling like hotcakes as well.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But you need the purple BCM stones to craft the weapon skins. Each one is like $750 worth of materials assuming average luck. The fact that whales found a better, cheaper route I’m sure worried them enough into a ban. I’m sure they lost loads of money on stigma enchantment stones. I doubt they wanted to see a second go of that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×