Jump to content
Nalariel-KT

My suggestions to bring former players back :)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi I think the official server is getting better and better especially when Loki and Kibbelz took the jobs ^^

Anyway here's my few suggestions to bring people back.

Add daily like 4 quests in Herion and Inggison (Sorry I don't have knowledge about new maps much lol) that rewards fixed amount of kinah also a kinah box for random chance of kinah depend on our RNG.
This will be reduce the important of luna farming and encourage people to go out in open world more and farming mobs actually using their class skills instead of luna skills xD

This one is completely optional :) but I would like to bring Elten back,Elten is a kind of symbol of old aion where almost everybody associate to it.But instead bring original Elten back I want green Elten instead :P it just showing the game has the progressing.Instead farming gears or kinah like Herion and Inggison let people farm coin type currency in daily and selling things like transformation contacts,transparent scrolls,daevanion skills or set of skins that used to popular like mentor or forturneers even abyss 55 and 60 one :)

I don't think bots can abuse daily anyway thank you for caring about us I hope official can recover from the disaster from the past ^^

Edited by Nalariel-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bots would easily abuse that daily lol. Real players wouldn't be able to do it because a bunch of bots would be there killing all the mobs.

Lorewise, Eltnen is a wasteland now because of Beritra.

I otherwise admire your optimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyvm for replied Cheesecake ^^

Actually I think bringing people back is the priority but it doesn't make bot problem smaller.
Well if I have all controlling of development of Aion I would reduce kinah usage in broker to merely currency to buy skins and stuff that people bought from BCM lol.

That would obsolete bot business,it's like why using real money to buy kinah where you can use it to buy stuff from BCM instead.
But ofc it doesn't mean kinah will be useless I'll make gold sand trader stuff more important so that's where people will use their kinah instead.(by important add more stuff to shop and increase gold ingots limited maybe from 5 to 10 so people can get important things like daevanion skills faster)

I would remove manastone slots unlock items as well I found this is kinda pointless instead disenchanted gears will now giving you manastones.
Manastones will become untradable,unbrokerable(but can put in account warehouse) but also farmable from world mobs(Common mobs = ancient manastones,Elite mobs = legendary manastones,Boss,Named = Ultimate manastones)
Also adding a system where you can combine undesired manastones into new one (like combining gears in 5.x)

This means people have to go out and farm mobs instead buying from broker.

Ok now this one might very unpopular I'm sorry :( but for me I think it's need to be done for people to move on.Remove all white,green,blue,gold,orange and purple items excepted shop skins and turns them into gold ingots.This has 2 purposes first it will clean people inventory and they will get room for new items,second it will eliminate people feeling who still in the past.Ofc we will reintroduce those deleted skin items into gold sand shop,bcm,instance gears,crafting or world drops as well :)

Another thing I think we should address is transformation,ok transparent scrolls are no longer problem everyone know that :)
Crafting ancient from luna is too slow for anyone who just newly start so I think we should giving 3x free selectable ancient contract as a quest that can take from lv 10-80.
So they won't feel they're behind everyone.

What I predicted from this change is it will encourage everyone come out from luna and starting farming in open world and also increase BCM sale as well ^^ it's a lot better to see people competitive killing mobs with you than struggle with luna with multi chars and trying to farm kinah boxes.

And yes you still can buy stigma+15 or some stuff that I didn't addressed which I admitted my knowledge about post 5.8 is kinda limited ^^ sorry lol.

About reintroduce Elten :P I just barely remembered that someone try to stop desertification in Elten I just want that dream comes true xD plus reintroduce symbolize of a map that everyone remembered as green Elten will telling Aion has been improving for better :D

I just try to say everything I know but if I miss some contents or there's a serious flaw on my suggestion I'm sorry :) Anyway introducing kinah daily would be a good start and easy to implement that's a first step we need to take first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Remove all white,green,blue,gold,orange and purple items excepted shop skins and turns them into gold ingots.

GURLLLLLL I WILL FIGHT YOU

>:(

In all seriousness, this would make so many of us angry. It's not just shop skins. A lot of us have old GEAR pieces and weapons that we use as skins. There are also things like mounts, tradeable things that our alts can hold onto for us, old stigma bundles, old enchantment stones/temperings that can still be converted to new items, and so much more.

I'm not against all of your ideas, but this one is not a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fest-DN   
10 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

In all seriousness, this would make so many of us angry. It's not just shop skins. A lot of us have old GEAR pieces and weapons that we use as skins

I don't know what I would do if my Fenris/Anuhart skins disappeared @_@ I love them so much.

On topic: Mechanical changes to the game aren't the biggest issue for grabbing older players imo. The thing that brought me back, someone who has played Aion since beta and had quit for the past two years, was simple. The Stormwing event. An opportunity to catch up without the cash shop was extremely appealing to me and it put me in my full ult armor/weapons. Aion is an especially difficult game to pick up right now even as a returning player with the near constant, often fundamental changes Aion goes through from patch to patch. More events that both help established players and provide entry/reentry points for new/returning players are the missing piece for the player retention issues that plague the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could add kinah inside instances, from mobs and especially bosses. Hard Mode instances as well, it is not like someone can do PFHM with 1000 characters. This isn't solving the kinah problem because lowbies will still struggle, but once the kinah is poured into the economy things get their way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

GURLLLLLL I WILL FIGHT YOU

>:(

In all seriousness, this would make so many of us angry. It's not just shop skins. A lot of us have old GEAR pieces and weapons that we use as skins. There are also things like mounts, tradeable things that our alts can hold onto for us, old stigma bundles, old enchantment stones/temperings that can still be converted to new items, and so much more.

I'm not against all of your ideas, but this one is not a good one.

omg hahaha I'm sorry lol ^^

like I said this is one of my definitely seriously flaw :P
but please let me allow explain my logic behind this I logged my char few days ago and saw full inventory and I'm lost willing to play I mean wow tempering wow omega wow running scrolls I mean I can't discard any of them maybe better reward to exchange or some ways I dunno yet :P 

4 hours ago, Fest-DN said:

I don't know what I would do if my Fenris/Anuhart skins disappeared @_@ I love them so much.

On topic: Mechanical changes to the game aren't the biggest issue for grabbing older players imo. The thing that brought me back, someone who has played Aion since beta and had quit for the past two years, was simple. The Stormwing event. An opportunity to catch up without the cash shop was extremely appealing to me and it put me in my full ult armor/weapons. Aion is an especially difficult game to pick up right now even as a returning player with the near constant, often fundamental changes Aion goes through from patch to patch. More events that both help established players and provide entry/reentry points for new/returning players are the missing piece for the player retention issues that plague the game.

oh I see for me it's about we got new staffs and they're awesome I mean I checked BCM skins and patch notes each week and I knew something is definitely changing.

how awesome they're ? well they can bring back wonder girls skin LOL xD
I believed right management can recover Aion.I think first priority we should do is take people to open world and actually using their classes skills it feeling like you're playing the game not working in a factory like afking luna lol.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They could add kinah inside instances, from mobs and especially bosses. Hard Mode instances as well, it is not like someone can do PFHM with 1000 characters. This isn't solving the kinah problem because lowbies will still struggle, but once the kinah is poured into the economy things get their way.

I'm not against this at all however I got a bit thing to add :P the bundle should be lootable by everyone not just one char because during the past contents where most of value thing is roll it promotes people to solo or duo instance (yep greediness).

But anyway I think everyone can agree that adding kinah daily in open world would be a positive change,maybe not everyone just 99% 1% is bot lol (just a joke):P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this is a tough problem I know people feeling toward to old unique skins gears like daevanion or even primal spirit(I have them myself)

It has so much value now because you can actually unlimited remodel them as many times as you want,I'm not sure if I can convince staffs to allow us to remodel more than once time on new items even I do they still have to ask Korea to help on that.(I really don't know the purpose of remodel only once white gears and untradable,unbrokerable well if someone do please tell me lol ^^)

Ok let imagine we got off remodel only once limit and let say all white items brokerable and tradable ? First thing I see a way for new players to farm money to selling skins on broker,second thing we need to address is bot hmm well I don't think selling world drop skins would be profitable enough for bots or anyone to farm them seriously as main income.If we replace skins in each area in world drop to unique skins we had before 5.8 ? Like BT,DP,AM/EF,Old rentus armors,mentor,fortuneer,abyss 55,60,mith coin,deveanion lv 30-50 and ville I dunno anymore lol but I think that's what I think skins that used to be popular before we removed way to obtain them what I expected them to happen it will cause bot havoc farming in first month but when those skins are common enough and no longer profitable I believing bot army will gone :P

Then we can remove the old gears ? :P but yep we need to make a change slowly not rush it's not just one button and wipe out everything.I know it's a lot of works for staffs but well if you want your best result then you have to work hard right ? ^^ I dunno but I think everyone should feel like homecoming when they saw they can get old skins that they loved.

Great farming will be the result of this change everyone will go out and see that they're actually in an online game not afk in luna factory game xD
It's just one of my ideas if you've found a flaw in this please let me know ty ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Ok this is a tough problem I know people feeling toward to old unique skins gears like daevanion or even primal spirit(I have them myself)

It has so much value now because you can actually unlimited remodel them as many times as you want,I'm not sure if I can convince staffs to allow us to remodel more than once time on new items even I do they still have to ask Korea to help on that.(I really don't know the purpose of remodel only once white gears and untradable,unbrokerable well if someone do please tell me lol ^^)

Ok let imagine we got off remodel only once limit and let say all white items brokerable and tradable ? First thing I see a way for new players to farm money to selling skins on broker,second thing we need to address is bot hmm well I don't think selling world drop skins would be profitable enough for bots or anyone to farm them seriously as main income.If we replace skins in each area in world drop to unique skins we had before 5.8 ? Like BT,DP,AM/EF,Old rentus armors,mentor,fortuneer,abyss 55,60,mith coin,deveanion lv 30-50 and ville I dunno anymore lol but I think that's what I think skins that used to be popular before we removed way to obtain them what I expected them to happen it will cause bot havoc farming in first month but when those skins are common enough and no longer profitable I believing bot army will gone :P

Then we can remove the old gears ? :P but yep we need to make a change slowly not rush it's not just one button and wipe out everything.I know it's a lot of works for staffs but well if you want your best result then you have to work hard right ? ^^ I dunno but I think everyone should feel like homecoming when they saw they can get old skins that they loved.

Great farming will be the result of this change everyone will go out and see that they're actually in an online game not afk in luna factory game xD
It's just one of my ideas if you've found a flaw in this please let me know ty ^^

I do not understand your urge to delete the old stuff and your suggestion that this will somehow bring the old people back. If anything the people who left Aion, left for what it became (aka 90% deleted content), removing the last part of fun from it won't bring old people back, might as well get rid of those few that cling just for the aesthetics or the emotional attachment to the game.

In the need to empty our slots, I have like 135 estate wh slots full of skins, like 4~5 inventory pets full of skins and plenty of them to alts since they are tradeable, so I do agree we need we need a solution (we have proposed this many times). I cannot use them since they will be gone and if it is a Dark Talon gear, when we get new tiers, poof goes the skin with it.

What we all suggested many many times is for the luna wardrobe to be expanded to 1000 slots, or more. Every slot to be opened will need luna or a reasonably priced BCM exclusive item. I would be spending some real cash to save all my old skins and put them in luna wardrobe so we can finally utilize them and use them.

And then put every single skin that existed int he game, in a "clothing" type in BCM permanently. And this will still not bring back the old people either, but it will be a positive change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'll speak only for myself then since the deleting stuff came from me :P I know this is sound really stupid to some of you (Hmm rude?o.O) deleted......let me rephase I mean this action of mine may really strange I know why I want my stuff get deleted? D: well it's just I having so many stuff and I can't I mean I really can't >_< delete them myself because I can't replace them anymore(no longer farmable).

I admitted that it was a wrong idea to delete stuff first before introduce new way to farm them.We should introducing skins farming first then when everyone happy then clean up may happens.

Anyway thing should happens one by one not all at all once take slowly changes.I know you can't give everything that people used to love all at once I mean if we lost 10k players(just my make up numbers :P),All of 10k won't come back at once but maybe just a couple 2-3 people come back then 1 more and 1 more keep coming back as we keep rebuilding and make positive changes,at least this is what I believing ^^

Bringing back green/forest Elten is my first step to rebuild connection of the past to new Aion :P

To be honest we had enough destructive events it's time to make Atreia a better place :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, iirc, Eltnen was destroyed by Ereshkigal when she pulled the Abyss apart.

Seriously, there is no Eltnen anymore, and it was an awful zone. It wasn't what ruined the game for me and bringing it back wouldn't bring me back.

It's been so long, no matter what Ncsoft did, people aren't gonna want to come play a gacha or leave the other "cats they're looking at" for this one. I have appreciated some of their events lately that are very helpful for players, but not enough to come back, not with all the other things that still exist that I'm reminded of every time I login. And I know I'm not the only one, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

... it back wouldn't bring me back.

in before *NCSoft announces a Cheesecake Hunt Event*

Imagine if!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really sure what's meaning of your post Cheesecake O.o (I mean I really don't know what you try to imply lol)

But at least it keeping the topic alive :P
Anyway I believed doing anything better than doing nothing even it's worsen or fail attempt I mean Aion is now kinda low expectation.

I do appreciated staffs for their works no matter bad or good.

My hope now is a reply from Loki or Kibbelz see if they can implement or partial one of these ideas :P
It's not much but at least please acknowledge that you read lol ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

in before *NCSoft announces a Cheesecake Hunt Event*

Imagine if!

You have me curious to what that would entail lol.

 

 

A big thing NCsoft needs to do to retain their population is increase the availability and attainability of kinah. It'd be nice if they brought back player to player trading (literally every other cat has it; why did NCK remove it?). Has the drop rate and attainability of gear and stones improved? Add more skins that every other region has, to the BCM and the ingame shops. With the exception of the trading, I like to think everything else is plausible.

To bring people back, though? We know what we're getting next. We haven't even gotten the entire 7.5 patch yet (I need someone to get the Tiamat ult transform, so I can spam screenshots of it). I don't think what's up next will draw old players back and get them to stay.

And Eltnen definitely won't bring them back. :P

Edited by Cheesecake-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You have me curious to what that would entail lol.

 

 

A big thing NCsoft needs to do to retain their population is increase the availability and attainability of kinah. It'd be nice if they brought back player to player trading (literally every other cat has it; why did NCK remove it?). Has the drop rate and attainability of gear and stones improved? Add more skins that every other region has, to the BCM and the ingame shops. With the exception of the trading, I like to think everything else is plausible.

To bring people back, though? We know what we're getting next. We haven't even gotten the entire 7.5 patch yet (I need someone to get the Tiamat ult transform, so I can spam screenshots of it). I don't think what's up next will draw old players back and get them to stay.

And Eltnen definitely won't bring them back. :P

Yes Tiamat transform is definitely sexy *-*

But let talk about tradable kinah first :P
I'm pretty sure that they removed tradable kinah was a direct response to RMT.

However I would like to leave 2 points here,first this attempt did make RMT process complicated but does not stop their business and second their business died on Aion not because removed kinah trade was effective but because we lost population to the point it's not so profitable to RMT anymore >_<

Let say if we did bring kinah trading back and it did bring players back (It was my main method to buy skins from BCM before 6.0 :P).The first problem that will come with it would be RMT.However most of RMT operates outside NA and EU where legal can not get them.First solution block all non NA/EU players ? Bad very bad idea people from non NA/EU still can get into the server via VPN or ban mac address or hardware or whatever >_> oh well they all got the way to bypass it.

Thing is we can't really predict what going really to happen if we do this done that :P So I say let improvise lol :D

If I'm controlling Aion management I would gladly to implement what you said Cheesecake :P
Even it failed,useless or even causing more problems but at least it moving Aion from the abyss we're sitting at xD

Even RMT back we will deal with them and keep develop new methods to battle with them lol.
What sadden me most is we have no more RMT not because we blocked them but because we lost everyone :(

About Elten I don't agree with you but I'll not keep pushing it if people against it either :P As long as Aion alive again I don't really care lol

Edited by Nalariel-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Yes Tiamat transform is definitely sexy *-*

But let talk about tradable kinah first :P
I'm pretty sure that they removed tradable kinah was a direct response to RMT.

However I would like to leave 2 points here,first this attempt did make RMT process complicated but does not stop their business and second their business died on Aion not because removed kinah trade was effective but because we lost population to the point it's not so profitable to RMT anymore >_<

 

You know that ban wave that just happened the other day?

It was related to RMT. There are still effective ways to RMT. .-. And there are players in the playerbase who are doing the selling, not just your traditional Asian/Russian farmers. Tbqh, all they've done is increase the desire for people to RMT since removing tradable kinah and jacking up the price of everything to require kinah, creating a greater kinah sink than kinah gain. From what I understand, the best way to get kinah right now is to run all your chars through the luna instances every day and pray for the kinah boxes from the luna crafts of the day, so people are botting it on multiple accounts and using both the broker and hacks to sell that kinah. >_<

 

But I need that Tiamat transform. x_x I have the perfect wig for her already. I just need to spam screenshots and dream of making the cosplay a reality.

@Loki I need screenshots of the Tiamat ultimate transform pls. She and Ereshkigal are in a later part of 7.5. :<

aCtvXkA.gif

Edited by Cheesecake-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You know that ban wave that just happened the other day?

It was related to RMT. There are still effective ways to RMT. .-. And there are players in the playerbase who are doing the selling, not just your traditional Asian/Russian farmers. Tbqh, all they've done is increase the desire for people to RMT since removing tradable kinah and jacking up the price of everything to require kinah, creating a greater kinah sink than kinah gain. From what I understand, the best way to get kinah right now is to run all your chars through the luna instances every day and pray for the kinah boxes from the luna crafts of the day, so people are botting it on multiple accounts and using both the broker and hacks to sell that kinah. >_<

 

But I need that Tiamat transform. x_x I have the perfect wig for her already. I just need to spam screenshots and dream of making the cosplay a reality.

@Loki I need screenshots of the Tiamat ultimate transform pls. She and Ereshkigal are in a later part of 7.5. :<

aCtvXkA.gif

I had no idea it was related to RMT honestly I heard it was about hackers but didn't realized about RMT really :)

Anyway I didn't mean anything racism(Sorry if my message imply that) about Asian or Russian being hackers I know everyone can be good and bad,it's just those areas lacking of legal against them.
If they have effective ways to RMT then it's better that I don't know because if I do RMT will too :P

But I wholeheartly agreed that now people are jailing in Luna we need to decrease important of Luna(or at least remove kinah from it) and let people go out and actually farm kinah on open world more.

We don't need to do everything at once a bit and a bit of changing and make adjust according to what current situation seems fit :P
I believed that kinah daily in open world is a good start but well I can't predict what will actually happens until we actually have them ^_^

PS I really believed in this staff team they will recover our Aion no matter what outcome I appreciated their works :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

But I need that Tiamat transform. x_x I have the perfect wig for her already. I just need to spam screenshots and dream of making the cosplay a reality.

@Loki I need screenshots of the Tiamat ultimate transform pls. She and Ereshkigal are in a later part of 7.5. :<

I would be interested to see the stats. I doubt there is a big benefit on having them stat wise than having Kaisinel or Marchutan.

Attack speed and casting speed seem similar (attack speed and casting speed are, +50% and +55% not sure which one is which though, speed is +100%).

If I get any of them I'll still use a transparent transformation.

 

 

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm ok I'll add a bit of a comment about bring people back.

It's truth that some people want to come back because nostalgia but some people gave up on Aion early day in 6.0 because the change is so sudden.
Some of changing I can list are

-Transformation/Weapon stats ofc transparent scrolls was a thing but more important is stats that were stripped off running/attack/cast speed from gears and very hard to get decent transform to get their old speed pre 6.0 this stigma still affected people feeling until this day.
-This has nothing to do with actual stats or same speed when comparing to 6.0 but I think starter gears at least at lv 80 should give 20%/19% cast/attack weapon gloves attack/cast 8% shoes 22% I think it matter if people feeling if they having same speed as pre 6.0 transforms should be nothing but better scrolls.
-Nerf of auto attack and more depend on spamming skills(lower cd) weaving was one of the method that people used it make greater dps to solo elites or getting more AP in siege.Well I'm viewing as half work o_O I think it should be left alone or remove it completely because now it's just only useful for people with very good ping.
-Skill cd was too short,everyone loved low cd skills but if every skill low cd you will come to question yourself which skill to use first ? organizing skills would be confusing because you don't know which skills to use because every skill just ready for you to spam it.
-Some deveanion skills destroyed class mechanics like ranged freezing wind you can keep running and spam it because very low cd and instant,well we used to use freezing wind if I want better dps but high risk well I think it's better if ranged freezing wind will increase damage but also higher cd overall I have mixed feeling about this.
-Everything untradable and remodel only once this is the worst thing that ever happened to Aion history whenever people talking about 6.0 this issue will be bring up always.
-I think maps destoryed do have some effects but not major hit such as transform/all untradable items.

To undone stigma that happened in the past I think adding attack/cast/running(max speed) back to starter gears should happens it doesn't matter if damage is nerfed or lower but speed needs to add back to pre 6.0 and giving ancient contract as a standard transform(You can remove white/green transform actually).
Second thing needs to be address is reenable kinah,items trading and more diversity of skin armors that dropping in open world/instance.

I believed those 2 things will show Aion relaxation but anyway like I said before we can keep adjusting according whatever happening :P

Well thank you everyone for participle in this suggest :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'll share my feeling about gameplay a bit :P 

I was happy about stigma change in 4.8 most it was the moment that Aion became truly freedom of choice to have any skills u want and linked stigmas were merely extra skill that ain't required you can have  support stigma mixing with dps stigma and be best of both world that making support stigma unique it was something that making support classes really shinning while dps classes like sorc can have aoe sleep storm without sacrifice dps it was like a skill dream came true.

But as time progress Aion making linked stigma more and more important I feel like I was forced back to certain type stigma this is really bad move and now that direction hasn't changed,support classes are forcing to choose between dps and healing completely no more hybrid there's a way to balance gameplay instead making buffs passive(cleric) instead giving magical attack you can give pve/pvp attack instead or more heal boost but negative pvp attack/defense there's alternate way without ruining everything :(

I wish our skills can be like when 4.8 stigmas were renewal,I like my freedom I like to do whatever I want without being bind to anything,I like the concept of traps affected by magic boost and everything there's no need to destroy fun and force everyone to be certain type.Magic smash doesn't need to be change to physical it could be 4th chain for templar,greatsword could have magic stats like when AC dagger had magic boost.I mean diversity make everyone different instead of trying to streamline everyone.

I believed the fun isn't about effective builds or classes it's about diversity and allow us to do whatever we want no matter how silly it's.

Too bad 4.8 was foreshadow by destruction of maps and considered the downfall of Aion.
Still if 6.0 didn't happened we will probably never know what good things we had :P 

Well still everything can be rebuild again if we be patient enough :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

-Transformation/Weapon stats ofc transparent scrolls was a thing but more important is stats that were stripped off running/attack/cast speed from gears and very hard to get decent transform to get their old speed pre 6.0 this stigma still affected people feeling until this day.

Transformations had nerfed everything (halved) except for speed that was boosted. The ultimate was just nerfed in everything (including speed). After years of complaints we eventually got them to revert the transforms into their normal official stats and everyone is happy. It is more important to have the right casting speed and attack speed, than just 10% more speed.
As for transparents I agree, but we already have a lot and in broker you can get them at same or lower price than normal scrolls.

21 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

-This has nothing to do with actual stats or same speed when comparing to 6.0 but I think starter gears at least at lv 80 should give 20%/19% cast/attack weapon gloves attack/cast 8% shoes 22% I think it matter if people feeling if they having same speed as pre 6.0 transforms should be nothing but better scrolls.
-Everything untradable and remodel only once this is the worst thing that ever happened to Aion history whenever people talking about 6.0 this issue will be bring up always.
-I think maps destoryed do have some effects but not major hit such as transform/all untradable items.
-Second thing needs to be address is reenable kinah,items trading and more diversity of skin armors that dropping in open world/instance.

That is not a bad idea but it is what it is. you can jump in the real items pretty fast. And I agree on the rest, we all know deleting content was bad for Aion.

21 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

-Skill cd was too short,everyone loved low cd skills but if every skill low cd you will come to question yourself which skill to use first ? organizing skills would be confusing because you don't know which skills to use because every skill just ready for you to spam it.

It is good to have options, this shows how well you can play the game, this has nothing to do with bringing back old players though.

 

21 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

-Some deveanion skills destroyed class mechanics like ranged freezing wind you can keep running and spam it because very low cd and instant,well we used to use freezing wind if I want better dps but high risk well I think it's better if ranged freezing wind will increase damage but also higher cd overall I have mixed feeling about this.

Daevanions are OP and especially if you make them +15. Our freezing wind has two upgrade options, one that does insane dmg and puts a dot, but it is melee, and another one that does same dmg to the normal skill, has 15m range and does a potential slow.

The +15 versions are even better, I do not understand why this is an issue to you, all other classes have OP Daevanion Skills especially when they are +15. You can always keep the melee daevanion and forget the ranged. I personally sue the ranged on because it is a sure slow and it is ranged and I'd rather be able to use it from distance than have to go near the enemy to use it.

What you have asked was to nerf the sorcerers even more which will most likely make the last remaining sorcs want to quit or reroll. We already are in the bottom end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello Arhangelos :)

Well I think we agreed on most of thing that I mentioned so I'll just answer about ur question u didn't understand.
Well I didn't said I hate daevanion freezing wind I say I have mixed feeling about them I couldn't say I love everything about it neither I hate it.

On the part I love is well the skill is stronger ofc :D but the part I feel bad about it is it destoryed some mechanics you do with freezing wind like blind leap,illusion,stun whatever u can imagine xD How do I explain umm it's like weaving existing but nerfed to the point only benefit to only very low ping players.I didn't ask for nerfing sorc more I think cast time of most nuke skills cast time should be even reduce even expense of damage you know like cleric punishment (from 2.5 sec to 1.5 sec).I don't think anyone like the idea of long cast time even greater damage,everyone love fast skills(not confusing with low cd skills).Making skills fast are what we should aiming at.Try to imagine if skills faster and have more cd people will think more than spamming skills and add more rotation and tactic instead spamming anything they got.Well I might add my opinion about the gunner a bit :P especially on the cannon,we saw many charging skills like bard one became cast time even lower cast time.I think this charge should coming to gunner as well.Charging is somehow made some people don't like gunner because they're turtle or we could make it hybrid between cast time and charging a cast time that we can force to use the skill at any point of casting at lower damage and auto execute when cast time full.

I think making +15 skills as a requirement(for instances) is a mistake,it should be extra stuff like linked stigma in 4.8
Nobody knows what NC will do next maybe they will drop advance stigma from mobs like stigma dropping from mobs in 4.8 ? :P
For me I like fast skills even higher cds and lower damage.What I don't like most in Aion is high damage and long cast time but well it's just my opinion xD

Hmm add a bit more :D

Yeah I'm saying transformation should influence less on cast/attack speed but instead more influence on stats more.People won't feel handicap on stats as much as cast/attack speed since it's what you actually see and feel when you playing not numbers :P

Edited by Nalariel-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   

Nostalgia isn't a good reason to return to a game. Bringing back things that people liked (areas, instances, skins, etc.) may draw them in for a short period of time, but if the game is still a tidy-bowl of pay2win, gear disparity, RMT and hacks, players just aren't going to -stay-.

Consider Aion runs an event to bring old players back. They push some combination of "the good ol' days" and hand out some free things. So old players log back in and walk around and smile. Until they get slaughtered in .25 seconds by a hacking, whale in +587 orange-omega gear that pulsates rainbows as they manage to hit the nub 328 times in those .25 seconds. And then they remember why they quit in the first place.

Aion is just a tough game to leave and return to. It didn't use to be that way. AP was still ap and kinah was still kinah and gear was still gear. Then the devs screwed up ap and added GP and then screwed that up and then screwed up kinah and tried to fix it a little and screwed it up more and then they reworked gear but quickly fell into the same trap that gear was in before they reworked it.

I think everyone that has ever played Aion misses it to some extent. Even if they haven't played for years and years. The game just hasn't aged well. It's laggy. It's not as beautiful. With the advent of f2p, the game systems have been changed to make money rather than be balanced. It's very hard to catch up. As the population falls, the players get more and more toxic. As the toxicity gets higher, players become more and move insular which is less welcoming to new and returning players. The higher-ups at NCSoft don't really care beyond their bottom line. NCSoft isn't a gaming company run by gamers. It's a gaming company run by business men and women. They want to make money and just don't understand gamers. Case in point.. if it got out that Aion was banning hackers, NCSoft would take an immediate hit to their bottom line. BUT.. in time gamers would return to the game because they wouldn't have to deal with people whose skill came from a program and not from them personally. If Aion went back to only selling skins/emotes/furniture/dyes/etc  (and tons of them!), removed enchanting and all the extra RNG doodlie-dads aside from maybe mana-stones. If Aion got rid of transformations and went back to just letting us make scrolls. Simplified things. If Aion banned every hacker, reworked the game so it was harder to hack and continued to do ban waves on hackers. Then -maybe-, the game would become popular again.

Without a total rework of not only the game, but the culture at NCSoft.. Aion isn't going to become a thriving game again. It will remain a nitch game and one we all love. But it isn't going to grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

On the part I love is well the skill is stronger ofc :D but the part I feel bad about it is it destoryed some mechanics you do with freezing wind like blind leap,illusion,stun whatever u can imagine xD How do I explain umm it's like weaving existing but nerfed to the point only benefit to only very low ping players.I didn't ask for nerfing sorc more I think cast time of most nuke skills cast time should be even reduce even expense of damage you know like cleric punishment (from 2.5 sec to 1.5 sec).

Sorc already hits like paper at max cast time. .-. Sorc is rubbish in the game and has been for a long while. That was a big part of why I got mad at the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loki   

Thank you for all the suggestions guys! I've forwarded the thread to our team and Kibblez has posted an official feedback thread (if you want to add any of this there): 

On 7/18/2020 at 10:48 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

-snip- I need that Tiamat transform. x_x I have the perfect wig for her already. I just need to spam screenshots and dream of making the cosplay a reality.

@Loki I need screenshots of the Tiamat ultimate transform pls. She and Ereshkigal are in a later part of 7.5. :<

aCtvXkA.gif

vIvQoGs.jpg

Both new xforms have such relatable moods. Lol! (Images are from update that is under development and as such may be changed before the final release!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×