Game Teams Request - Feedback

Arctic

Okies @Kibbelz. Remember you asked for this.

MULTI-POST WALL ‘O TEXT INCOMING!

Shaid essay time.

First off, I would like you and the rest of the team to take a few days, make brand new an account and actually PLAY THE GAME!

Nothing any of the players can tell you about the game will hammer home how broken AION really is quite like experiencing it yourself. (And don’t even think about rolling the painter class. You can lick the keyboard and still win with that class. It’s designed to make established players want to reroll.)

It has been made painfully obvious that the NC staff doesn’t play AION and Support is so clueless that it’s not worth the time or effort to report problems. We’ve been on the back burner for waaaay to long. Private servers have a larger, healthier playerbase than retail and that should worry you.

All right, now let’s dig in.

1.       EXP

Experience marks are a major currency. If you can’t gain experience you can’t get marks. No marks, you can’t buy things you need to progress.

EXP has been nerfed so hard that running an instance won’t fill the bar even if you kill everything that moves. Regular instance mobs and open world mobs are a joke. No one farms them beyond the daily/weekly quest requirements. They’re moving scenery at this point.

·         Solution: Un-nerf the EXP on everything across the board.  Slap a couple of extra zeros on the end of it and it will instantly be more satisfying for players to go and do those quests and instances or spend more time just killing mobs.

2.       Loot Tables

Mob drops are in a word: Garbage

Mobs either drop nothing at all or nothing worthwhile. They need a full overhaul. I throw out or vendor, for miniscule amounts for kinah, pretty much everything that drops.

·         Add Cubics to every loot table and crank the chance up so players can actually get these and not just by spend three hours grinding in front of Gelk/Iggy forts for the chance to just get ONE when we need hundreds for the tiniest stat increase.

·         Kinah. If it has pockets, it should drop kinah.

·         Mana stones.  All grades. I have only seen Ancient drop from Named mobs and Ulti boxes from Hidden mobs. No one wants to socket Ancient manastones in their Ulti gear.

·         Enchantment stones. Even if these are just Ancient or a few Legendary it would be nice to go out, do the daily/weekly quests and get a few extra stones (that will probably break anyway.)

·         Gear. Random, Ancient, crap stat, rubbish gear pieces that we can DE for whopping amount of Fasteners we need to unlock and upgrade our gear. Or sell for kinah.

·         Crafting Materials. Magic crystals, ‘cause where do you even get them anymore?

3.       RNG

I think I need to address the elephant in the room before we go any further.

The RNG in the game is awful, just awful, and much like corn syrup – it’s in nyerking everything.

·         Gear drop after beating that really tough instance boss – RNG

·         Socketing Manstones – RNG

·         Enchanting your gear – RNG

·         Retuning your gear - RNG

·         Gemstone sockets – RNG

·         Enchanting your Stigmas – RNG

·         Enchanting your Skills – RNG

·         Getting a Runestone or Gemstone for your class - RNG

·         Crafting (not that anyone does) – RNG

·         Events – RNG

·         Minions – RNG

·         Transforms – RNG

And this is just scratching the surface.

It’s a problem. It’s such a problem the developers over in Korea added items to the game to SELL to us or make us grind for, just to fix the problem. (Deava Essence, Socketing Supplements, special “no fail” enchantment stones, transform selection boxes, ect.)

Stop, just stop. Take a serious look at the rates.  Ask yourself if, as a player, you would be willing to work for hours, weeks or even months only to have it literally blow up in your face or end up worse than where you started.

The answer is no. And it’s one of the big reasons player retention is so low.

·         Ticking up the success rate a couple of percentage points on everything – everything, everything – is what’s needed.

4.       Transformations

Oh good God, this Zootopia nightmare.

If you want to be competitive in PVP you need an Ulti transformation. Period.

If you want to just feel like you’re not moving in slow motion or slapping mobs with a wet noodle you need a Legendary – FOR YOUR CLASS.

White transformation contracts should NOT cost 12 Million apiece at this point. White and green transforms and gold transform shards should drop from Open world mobs, instance mobs, instance bosses or be daily/weekly quest rewards. Combining 6 transforms for white, green, gold should not have them *poof* into the aether and ya get nothing. (See section 3. RNG)

Legendary transforms are so normal in Korea that they added the Halloween themed ones to the game. Meanwhile NA players flounder.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hang on. My potato is messing with me...

5.       Minions

S rank is supposed to be the end game norm however, even the most basic A-B rank contracts are difficult to get. I haven’t seen an A Rank in months. I’ve resorted to combining my B’s to get A’s. And after MONTHS of grind only to have it all *poof* out of existence when I fail on the S Rank combine.

Seriously, all that work down the tubes at the click of a mouse and now you have no Minions. At all.

• ·         Better avaliblitly of basic named (NOT KERUB) Minions
  • ·         The return of at least one A Rank Minion when S Rank combine fails.
  • ·         A way to morph or upgrade Minium C-->B -->A

6.       Kinah

Since the introduction of 6.0 all of the game systems are designed to suck kinah out of the economy.

Well it worked. It worked so well that the economy is broken.

New players struggle to pay for the most basic things like teleporting and binding. If you make the mistake of unlocking more inventory space, you can’t pay for teleport and now you have to delete your character and start over.

The only consistent way to gain kinah to continue to feed the massive currency sink is to...

• ·         Luna Crafting kinah boxes with tons of alts
  • ·         Use Third Party Programs
  • ·         RMT
  • Put ways to make kinah back into the game and reduce the fees or the economy will continue to crumble.

a.       The Broker

The fees are obscene. You get robbed coming and going. No one lists things on the broker unless it’s super overpriced.

Then there’s the risk of having items “sniped” by bots.

• ·         Ban the bots
  • ·         Reduce the fees

7       Cubics

Basics Cubics are very difficult to get. Just to increase my HP at Bronze level I need 300. Where do you get them?

They’re locked behind RNG (Section 3). A mob might drop 1 after hours of grinding or I might get 1 out a pouch at the end of an instance or I can grind Titan Coins and pay and I might get 1 from a pouch.

That is extremely slow for even the most basic progression.

Then there’s the “new” Platinum Cubics which you can’t get in-game. I’ve only gotten these from surveys.

And the Ereshkigal Cubics... again can’t get them in-game but they’re still required to do the instance.

• ·         I would like to see a better way to get Cubics and the return of the NPC that lets you exchange for higher grade Cubics like we had in 6.0. Currently she only exchanges Eresh Cubics... that you can’t get... *face palm*
  •  

8       Trading Items

The inability to trade is extremely frustrating. I don’t want to give items to anyone else most of the time but it would be nice to slide that HB manastone through the Account Warehouse to my Chanter or a MB to my SM. Otherwise I have to risk the broker bots.

• ·         More items Account tradeable

9.       Events

• ·         Fewer P2W Giant Marine Mammal Only Events
  • ·         No more New Player Only Events – It feels like you’re snubbing your loyal veteran players when you do this. We just make 50 new alt accounts in order to get the rewards. You’re not really getting “new” players. We’re just working around your event roadblock.
  • ·         BCM Sales Are NOT Events
  • ·         More events that engage the playerbase and encourage them to go out into open world and run instances to get the rewards. I’ve always been fond of hidden cake, shugo capsule, and floating flower events.
  • ·         Event Instance drops for EVERYONE in the group/alliance. Don’t make 24 people fight for one drop.
  • ·         Rewards that benefit everyone. Stormwing event is an excellent example. Everyone loved it. Do that again.
  •  

10      Cheating

Do something about the Hackers. They are rampant and have been for years.

I would like to see punishments for cheating that feel like you give a nyerk about the state of the game and aren’t weighted against how much said cheater threw their wallet around.

11       BCM

I haven’t given NC a dime since 6.0 rolled out and the pitiful state of the BCM has a lot to do with that.

There is thread after thread, literal pages of us, on our knees, begging for updates and items. Please go read them.

• ·         S K I N S !!!! (We are skin-whores. We wanna look purdy.)
  • ·         Mounts
  • ·         Pets
  • ·         Housing items/furniture

And that’s just the cosmetic list.

12       Communication

I want clear, consistent communication.

• ·         Don’t just ninja a maintenance post every week and run away. I know it’s tempting but don’t do it.
  • ·         Don’t hide information on one of the twitter feeds. Post it here as well.
  • ·         Facebook – do you even use this anymore?
  • ·         If you don’t know something say “I don’t know.” Just be honest.
  • ·         Don’t NC “soon” us. We have memes for that.
  • ·         Ask our opinion – especially before major changes – either here or with in-game surveys.

We like to feel like were being listened to and are contributing to how you make decisions.

r09BUSK.gif

Ok I’m about exhausted and I’m sure I missed a few things.

Anyway, here’s your cookie for reading the whole thing.

YNDm9WB.gif

I see most of my concerns listed in the many responses here.  Perhaps it may be easier for all of us if you take this initial feedback and create a post where you summarize all of our responses  and we can each add a tally to the relevant issues instead of having to scroll through 30 of us telling you cubics, rng,  etc.  It would put it all in one easy place for all of us to see.. including you @Kibbelz.  Then if additional topics are noted you could edit the post to include them.  Then you guys should actually try playing this game as a F2P player without turning on GM mode and see what its like for your new customers.  This thread asking for feedback is a great first step.. but its just words if you dont understand the concepts we are describing and experience the loss of time and money that has left a lot of the player base bitter.   There is still a lot of good left in this game and Im cautiously optimistic that you may be able to be a real voice for our community.   Dont let me down!

8 hours ago, DMob-DN said:

The only way to get the new apostle is by combining the shards you get from renown vendors , you cannot get em by combining old legendaries or first batch of apostles.

I actually got Siel's Apostle during the joker event by combining 2 old transforms.  I assumed that was supposed to be Kaisinel but I fell from the grace of the RNG gods long ago so that was all they were willing to give me lol.  

Resume..

1- Hackers

2- Farming EXP(Right now its impossible). AS many of us dont use hacks or bots(boters get kinahs and buy what they need on broker),  its really difficult to us to craft stones, and many of us are still crafting stones to complete our gears.
3- RNG.. as before, we dont use farming bots and when we craft an stone, it end failing.. Example.. i had an ult item 9+, and I failed like 7 ult stones in a row, when the RNG table says that it has a 72% chance to success. Noone believe that. When we enchant an item we have more chance to fail than to succeed.

4- Gear Recycle on minor versions.. We got Dark Talon on 7.0 and now we got like 4 different gears on 7.5 when many of us were still working on Dark talon, and on 7.7 its coming another gear.. o.O???

Im gonna try to give you an insite and hope maybe u guys think about this.

The problem of aion 7.5 its progression, the path for new player or casual ones, the hardcore players have the same problem too, its long, so hard, and with so many ways to go back instead of forward, that players will never reach endgame. So my suggestion is take away the punishment of progression.

Implement a positive progression experience. A system that if u fail upon enchantment gear, stigmas, daevanion, gems, runes or fusioning minions, a positive progression bar is filled, like in the shugo Rollet event.

Every fail, instead of dropping-1 punishing the players actions, u show a bar that when filled up at its full size will be 100% success result. This will give the player a sensation of progress even if its a rng filled bar, the takes 50 failed tries of transformations legendary fusions to get a 100% success try.

If u guys continue this punishement Road, aion will eventually die for new players, and only the hardcore, pay to try to win players will remain.

Thats my suggestion.

Well I just post again to say yes I completely agreed that you should make a new account and experience the game as a new player without any help or shop or GM powers ^^

We can say a lot of words but the best and quickest way to understand what's the problem that laying is experiencing it yourself then u know which priority you should do first :D
There's nothing bad about doing this I just think it's the most effective way to find out the problem.Somehow you can add something new too,adding new classes used to be effective to get people it needs a lot of works and skills has been renewal too many times.

I suggest the alternate way how about adding new weapon types to each classes and couple skills for them ? :)
The weapon could be add new mechanics to the game such as gladitor getting a range weapon like a javelin ? add 2-3 exclusive skills(one low cd skill would be nice) for it and work with other existed skills but add some mechanics like damage lower when close range and more damage when long range(Whatever solo elite mobs or boss or pvp sitaution).Or alternate AT weapon instead full mount you use something like exo skeleton but only covered your arms(So AT players can see skins now xD) reduced defense but increase attack speed and attack power(Could be pvp or pve attack) effective make them magic sin :D Or crossbow for ranger that added more weapon attack(make weaving have greater effect for it) and longer range but at cost of attack speed ? You don't need to add every class alternate weapon at once xD I mean just 1 class every 2 month and people will keep interesting in it.

I didn't say our current problems ain't big o_O yes they're and they need to be address but it doesn't mean you can't create something new too.
Remember updates need to be happen every week if possible it doesn't matter if it's big or small or just bug fix it showing you're active working on Aion :)

1. You cannot get an extendable weapon it doesn't drop from WB's anymore so unless you played 7.0 / 7.2 you cannot get one makes it difficult for returning players.
2. Stat cubics are impossible to grind another factor for a new / returning player to not want to play.
3. Instance platinum cubics are impossible to get and needed to run instances.

I'm going to update what I found from searching the internet :o

Well there's someone said open world mmorpg is declining(pve mmorpg still doing ok) because everyone do not have same chance in fighting.
So what I think is combination of open world pvp + monetized of gears,skills is a very bad combination we have 2 options doing this either removing monetized from pvp perspective or make pvp completely optional (sorry I can't figure out another way yet >_<) but here's the hard part if people can't use money to own someone then why would they paying for ? I think people who paying doesn't want to fight another whale.Before we asking NC to abandon pvp monetize,we have to answer them first how they going to make money from non pvp part.Which only my answer now is skins(Making skins are more costy than upgrade or skill items because you have to design them).

Maybe someone who's playing FF14 might have the answer ? As for me I don't know since I don't playing FF14 :P

8 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Okies @Kibbelz. Remember you asked for this.

MULTI-POST WALL ‘O TEXT INCOMING!

Shaid essay time.

First off, I would like you and the rest of the team to take a few days, make brand new an account and actually PLAY THE GAME!

Nothing any of the players can tell you about the game will hammer home how broken AION really is quite like experiencing it yourself. (And don’t even think about rolling the painter class. You can lick the keyboard and still win with that class. It’s designed to make established players want to reroll.)

It has been made painfully obvious that the NC staff doesn’t play AION and Support is so clueless that it’s not worth the time or effort to report problems. We’ve been on the back burner for waaaay to long. Private servers have a larger, healthier playerbase than retail and that should worry you.

All right, now let’s dig in.

1.       EXP

Experience marks are a major currency. If you can’t gain experience you can’t get marks. No marks, you can’t buy things you need to progress.

EXP has been nerfed so hard that running an instance won’t fill the bar even if you kill everything that moves. Regular instance mobs and open world mobs are a joke. No one farms them beyond the daily/weekly quest requirements. They’re moving scenery at this point.

·         Solution: Un-nerf the EXP on everything across the board.  Slap a couple of extra zeros on the end of it and it will instantly be more satisfying for players to go and do those quests and instances or spend more time just killing mobs.

2.       Loot Tables

Mob drops are in a word: Garbage

Mobs either drop nothing at all or nothing worthwhile. They need a full overhaul. I throw out or vendor, for miniscule amounts for kinah, pretty much everything that drops.

·         Add Cubics to every loot table and crank the chance up so players can actually get these and not just by spend three hours grinding in front of Gelk/Iggy forts for the chance to just get ONE when we need hundreds for the tiniest stat increase.

·         Kinah. If it has pockets, it should drop kinah.

·         Mana stones.  All grades. I have only seen Ancient drop from Named mobs and Ulti boxes from Hidden mobs. No one wants to socket Ancient manastones in their Ulti gear.

·         Enchantment stones. Even if these are just Ancient or a few Legendary it would be nice to go out, do the daily/weekly quests and get a few extra stones (that will probably break anyway.)

·         Gear. Random, Ancient, crap stat, rubbish gear pieces that we can DE for whopping amount of Fasteners we need to unlock and upgrade our gear. Or sell for kinah.

·         Crafting Materials. Magic crystals, ‘cause where do you even get them anymore?

3.       RNG

I think I need to address the elephant in the room before we go any further.

The RNG in the game is awful, just awful, and much like corn syrup – it’s in nyerking everything.

·         Gear drop after beating that really tough instance boss – RNG

·         Socketing Manstones – RNG

·         Enchanting your gear – RNG

·         Retuning your gear - RNG

·         Gemstone sockets – RNG

·         Enchanting your Stigmas – RNG

·         Enchanting your Skills – RNG

·         Getting a Runestone or Gemstone for your class - RNG

·         Crafting (not that anyone does) – RNG

·         Events – RNG

·         Minions – RNG

·         Transforms – RNG

And this is just scratching the surface.

It’s a problem. It’s such a problem the developers over in Korea added items to the game to SELL to us or make us grind for, just to fix the problem. (Deava Essence, Socketing Supplements, special “no fail” enchantment stones, transform selection boxes, ect.)

Stop, just stop. Take a serious look at the rates.  Ask yourself if, as a player, you would be willing to work for hours, weeks or even months only to have it literally blow up in your face or end up worse than where you started.

The answer is no. And it’s one of the big reasons player retention is so low.

·         Ticking up the success rate a couple of percentage points on everything – everything, everything – is what’s needed.

4.       Transformations

Oh good God, this Zootopia nightmare.

If you want to be competitive in PVP you need an Ulti transformation. Period.

If you want to just feel like you’re not moving in slow motion or slapping mobs with a wet noodle you need a Legendary – FOR YOUR CLASS.

White transformation contracts should NOT cost 12 Million apiece at this point. White and green transforms and gold transform shards should drop from Open world mobs, instance mobs, instance bosses or be daily/weekly quest rewards. Combining 6 transforms for white, green, gold should not have them *poof* into the aether and ya get nothing. (See section 3. RNG)

Legendary transforms are so normal in Korea that they added the Halloween themed ones to the game. Meanwhile NA players flounder.

7 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

hang on. My potato is messing with me...

5.       Minions

S rank is supposed to be the end game norm however, even the most basic A-B rank contracts are difficult to get. I haven’t seen an A Rank in months. I’ve resorted to combining my B’s to get A’s. And after MONTHS of grind only to have it all *poof* out of existence when I fail on the S Rank combine.

Seriously, all that work down the tubes at the click of a mouse and now you have no Minions. At all.

• ·         Better avaliblitly of basic named (NOT KERUB) Minions
  • ·         The return of at least one A Rank Minion when S Rank combine fails.
  • ·         A way to morph or upgrade Minium C-->B -->A

6.       Kinah

Since the introduction of 6.0 all of the game systems are designed to suck kinah out of the economy.

Well it worked. It worked so well that the economy is broken.

New players struggle to pay for the most basic things like teleporting and binding. If you make the mistake of unlocking more inventory space, you can’t pay for teleport and now you have to delete your character and start over.

The only consistent way to gain kinah to continue to feed the massive currency sink is to...

• ·         Luna Crafting kinah boxes with tons of alts
  • ·         Use Third Party Programs
  • ·         RMT
  • Put ways to make kinah back into the game and reduce the fees or the economy will continue to crumble.

a.       The Broker

The fees are obscene. You get robbed coming and going. No one lists things on the broker unless it’s super overpriced.

Then there’s the risk of having items “sniped” by bots.

• ·         Ban the bots
  • ·         Reduce the fees

7       Cubics

Basics Cubics are very difficult to get. Just to increase my HP at Bronze level I need 300. Where do you get them?

They’re locked behind RNG (Section 3). A mob might drop 1 after hours of grinding or I might get 1 out a pouch at the end of an instance or I can grind Titan Coins and pay and I might get 1 from a pouch.

That is extremely slow for even the most basic progression.

Then there’s the “new” Platinum Cubics which you can’t get in-game. I’ve only gotten these from surveys.

And the Ereshkigal Cubics... again can’t get them in-game but they’re still required to do the instance.

• ·         I would like to see a better way to get Cubics and the return of the NPC that lets you exchange for higher grade Cubics like we had in 6.0. Currently she only exchanges Eresh Cubics... that you can’t get... *face palm*
  •  

8       Trading Items

The inability to trade is extremely frustrating. I don’t want to give items to anyone else most of the time but it would be nice to slide that HB manastone through the Account Warehouse to my Chanter or a MB to my SM. Otherwise I have to risk the broker bots.

• ·         More items Account tradeable

9.       Events

• ·         Fewer P2W Giant Marine Mammal Only Events
  • ·         No more New Player Only Events – It feels like you’re snubbing your loyal veteran players when you do this. We just make 50 new alt accounts in order to get the rewards. You’re not really getting “new” players. We’re just working around your event roadblock.
  • ·         BCM Sales Are NOT Events
  • ·         More events that engage the playerbase and encourage them to go out into open world and run instances to get the rewards. I’ve always been fond of hidden cake, shugo capsule, and floating flower events.
  • ·         Event Instance drops for EVERYONE in the group/alliance. Don’t make 24 people fight for one drop.
  • ·         Rewards that benefit everyone. Stormwing event is an excellent example. Everyone loved it. Do that again.
  •  

10      Cheating

Do something about the Hackers. They are rampant and have been for years.

I would like to see punishments for cheating that feel like you give a nyerk about the state of the game and aren’t weighted against how much said cheater threw their wallet around.

11       BCM

I haven’t given NC a dime since 6.0 rolled out and the pitiful state of the BCM has a lot to do with that.

There is thread after thread, literal pages of us, on our knees, begging for updates and items. Please go read them.

• ·         S K I N S !!!! (We are skin-whores. We wanna look purdy.)
  • ·         Mounts
  • ·         Pets
  • ·         Housing items/furniture

And that’s just the cosmetic list.

12       Communication

I want clear, consistent communication.

• ·         Don’t just ninja a maintenance post every week and run away. I know it’s tempting but don’t do it.
  • ·         Don’t hide information on one of the twitter feeds. Post it here as well.
  • ·         Facebook – do you even use this anymore?
  • ·         If you don’t know something say “I don’t know.” Just be honest.
  • ·         Don’t NC “soon” us. We have memes for that.
  • ·         Ask our opinion – especially before major changes – either here or with in-game surveys.

We like to feel like were being listened to and are contributing to how you make decisions.

r09BUSK.gif

Ok I’m about exhausted and I’m sure I missed a few things.

Anyway, here’s your cookie for reading the whole thing.

YNDm9WB.gif

Omg! If they correct everything you said here, I will have a slight orgasm!

17 hours ago, Nka-KT said:

@Kibbelz @Hime honestly I don't know the real reason for this topic, I don't know if the creation of this topic was just for us to feel "important" or if they (the DEVs) are really concerned about us or the game. Because the game was neglected for so long that I don't know if a light went down on their heads. However, this would be my contribution.

first I need to say that however neglected the game is, (really that game was dropped by the DEVs, the perfect analogy would be AION the cow, and NCSOFT the milker, this is incredibly sad) AION has salvation, BUT it needs the DEVs are really willing to do that.

I've played aion since 3.5, and since then I can say some things that amaze me about the game, as well as things that make me deeply angry.

I believe that the game needs a Rework. I understand that rework is expensive, but honestly it is necessary, the game is old, and incredibly poorly optimized, it is necessary to bring it to the new generation, and I am not saying to have stunning graphics, but to have a pleasant and optimized graphics.

● I believe that the second case would be the extreme RNG that has the game, basically everything in the game is based on the RNG, from the loot to the possibility of socketing a manastone. This is frustrating, as it is public knowledge, the RNG does not play on your team. you need a lot of stufs to be able to reach your goal. like to charm a stigma or a weapon ..

● the excess of PAY TO WIN event. I understand that the server needs to survive somehow, but if you sell this way it is a sad thing. Ppl of the server is looking for a way to farm his equipment hard while others accept the path that the server itself offers, with events that benefit from buying items at the store.

● Honestly, I don't like the way you can enchant this patch, it used to be so simple, and extremely accessible to everyone. t was enough to break a piece of equipment and the enchantment was there, today you need to make such a big task to get something that was once so simple. That delay / complications of being able to generate the above problem, P2W.

● There should be an easier way to get a legendary transformations, because today without transformation, not much is done. Perhaps a transformation event, or a way to get it in a more accessible way, there is a modest abyss between old and new players. that doesnt have an adequate transformation. And nowadays, to get a legendary transformation, it takes a long time (months) and you need to be lucky (hope that RNG be your friend).

Exemple of event that u DEVs can do. could have a transformation event, like if drop a shard of ancient transformation, legendary and maybe ultimate in which one drops from the monsters of the world (with a generous drop possibility), and joins if an amount (ex 50 ancient, 100 legendary, or 150 ultimate) of a certain type (ex 100 viola shard, or 50 fennec shard or 150 kaisinel shard) you would get the contract for the transformation of this particular shard. This would make the people excited to grind again and in this event we would have almost 50 shard drop possibilities, (19 ancient, 27 legendary, 2 ultimate)

● return the trade. I honestly understand that the fact that you guys  removed it was to contain / stop the illegal sale of kinah, but that doesn't make sense. There are other ways to combat them without disrupting the game market. "Ah but there is the broker!" There is, but the broker charges a very high fee and this makes the players always lose, because the product traded is never paid properly. Ex. A product traded at 100kk, 2,582,210 will be the broker's fee to advertise it and 12,911,050 will be the broker's transaction fee, this leaves you with 87,088,950. It is unfair that most pay for half a dozen nyerk want to do shit on the server.

Well honestly profit from Aion is so tiny when comparing to the mobile market I mean NC could just stop doing anything with Aion and their income won't be effected if they lost Aion x_X
Now Even BnS isn't get that much of attentions anymore.Only strong PC game from NCsoft is Lineage 1,if Aion profit ain't much as Lineage 1 I guess it's hardly that Aion will come back as glory day in 4.x.

Korea failed to get back their players,NCwest have to ask Korea more freedom to modify the game(At least to the point kinah tradable,white gears tradable and unlimited remodel)and at least show percentage growing of sale that better than other regions.

I really don't know if Korea willl allow us to do that,but if Korea didn't grant that freedom to modify the game.I think we can't do much.
But then again if we don't try to help ourselves who will :)

35 minutes ago, Nka-KT said:

another possibility would be if the drop of shard in the world were like this.

world mob - great chance to drop ancient shard, reasonable chance to drop legendary shard.

instances mobs - reasonable chance of ancient shard, great chance of legendary shard, low chance of ultimate shard.

bosses (instance and world) - great chance of legendary shard, reasonable chance of ultimate shard.

Please do +15 stigma enchant event again 
We can't buy +15 stigma from  broker with 5.000.000.000 kinah for one , we can't make that kinah in years without buy kinah from vanilla kinah seller.
We can't pay for one +15 stigma for $150 usd , We can't pay it with paypal , because there are so many scammers.

Greetings, to be honest, I don't know the real intention of this post. I have real hopes that it is not just a consolation (mental relief). I really liked the post from @ Shaidessa-KT.

Taking some of what she said:

- It would be interesting to campaign to attract and retain new players. (The system of progression to level 80 of the game is very boring (thanks 7.5), it is almost impossible to get Kinah when you are a new player)

- I am a busy person and I think everyone is like that, it would be good to review the number of daily missions in this game, OMG, I come home from work at night and enter the game to relax and enjoy a good game, but that it seems to be another job. Frustrating.

- Another suggestion within the game would be that we could apply PvP dungeons directly from "fast track servers" ¬¬ (Red-Katalam, Demha, Lakrum). I have already stopped running many of these instances for that reason. '-'

Finally, unfortunately there are very relative things, which is bad for one may not be bad for the other so we are like this. Thank you for taking an interest in our opinions.

thanks for the refreshing initiative @Kibbelz appreciate the change from GM to CM if no one else noticed and btw @Shaidessa-KT I think 'slightly multiple' since it won't all happen at once ;):)

so for my five cents worth of input:

• I agree with 95% of the above posts in general with RNG being crap as the standout contributor to lack of progression with as my second pick being general fun decline (more on that later, last dot point)
  • So on RNG with a personal observation example...PVP I don't seek out but it's in my face more than ever with recent patches, and even worse for me now, but first up response I thought OK I'll just go focus on some PVP Dark Talon weapons and check them and PVP out in general. Months later the PVP legendary stones that didn't drop for the stupid RNG left me stuck at +10, and only thanks to some events.  BCM not an option (point 4), so then waiting for a minimum of XX stones needed for a chance to +15 to get to ultimate, and a new patch comes along so ho hum now reverting to some of the new PVE/neutral gear since that is all I wanted in the first place.
  • PVE/PVP/PVPVE, it seems to keep shifting with each patch - is this game some of that, or all of that, separate channels, or whatever else I'm missing? Would genuinely new players seriously going to do other than PVE.  Is the end game community only for existing PVP players who can do all the options or is there a PVE end game niche for new and existing players on the road map? If it's only a PVP  based end game foundation then maybe there are some roadblocks like RNG that don't allow new players to transition to that PVP event horizon.
  • Some of the game design seems to attempt to orient players to BCM as the fast option to get ahead...but it isn't ...its crap and overpriced...if people enjoy the game = fun, and can progress, I bet they would in all probability interact with a decent BCM if the game strategy to need do so was toned down and functioning well for most players. Surely you got the stats about how long truly new people stick around, who the whales are in perspective to the player base, which of who use BCM, and for that matter who the cheaters are!
  • OK 2nd main area for improvement...what happened to the fun, for me its been declining over the last few years? I started before 5.8 and that was fun, yes it was new for me then and I choose this game over my last after a lot of research and reviews. The flying was an attraction and turned out to be fun, crafting was fun...learning to carft was fun, I crafted a mount that matched my skins for example, more fun, even the grinding made sense under that fun dome, ... bought a house and furnished it as a disco with furniture that was affordable on the market when bored with grinding...more fun,... people were kinder and more tolerant probably because there were more people having fun, and it wasn't at all all about PVP and kill kill kill, me me me, at least from my perspective...think about it, please.

5 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I'm going to update what I found from searching the internet :o

Well there's someone said open world mmorpg is declining(pve mmorpg still doing ok) because everyone do not have same chance in fighting.
So what I think is combination of open world pvp + monetized of gears,skills is a very bad combination we have 2 options doing this either removing monetized from pvp perspective or make pvp completely optional (sorry I can't figure out another way yet >_<) but here's the hard part if people can't use money to own someone then why would they paying for ? I think people who paying doesn't want to fight another whale.Before we asking NC to abandon pvp monetize,we have to answer them first how they going to make money from non pvp part.Which only my answer now is skins(Making skins are more costy than upgrade or skill items because you have to design them).

Maybe someone who's playing FF14 might have the answer ? As for me I don't know since I don't playing FF14 :P

They're PvE based around dungeons and raids, with the open world (still PvE) maps feeling more like pretty filler material. The PvP part is a whole separate part of the game and is an afterthought, and I never bothered with it when I did play. It's a PvE game. That's what it markets itself as.

Also, Shaidessa nailed everything that needs look at in Aion. I didn't realize how much more RNG there is now than there even was in the past. Everything is RNG, and it shouldn't be. Aion doesn't need to be a mobile-game-turned-PC gacha. Many of my RL friends quit because they couldn't compete against the wallet-warriors, no matter how much time/effort they put in.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

They're PvE based around dungeons and raids, with the open world (still PvE) maps feeling more like pretty filler material. The PvP part is a whole separate part of the game and is an afterthought, and I never bothered with it when I did play. It's a PvE game. That's what it markets itself as.

Also, Shaidessa nailed everything that needs look at in Aion. I didn't realize how much more RNG there is now than there even was in the past. Everything is RNG, and it shouldn't be. Aion doesn't need to be a mobile-game-turned-PC gacha. Many of my RL friends quit because they couldn't compete against the wallet-warriors, no matter how much time/effort they put in.

I have limited knowledge about current Aion as I already mentioned so yep thanks for correcting this ;P

Anyway I feel like current Aion is so mess up it's so so mess up to the point restart over would be a better choice >.<
But oh well if we do restart might as well start making a new game in a new name.

Well we have to wait and see what Loki and Kibbelz can do.

• Aion Team
13 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

Perhaps it may be easier for all of us if you take this initial feedback and create a post where you summarize all of our responses  and we can each add a tally to the relevant issues instead of having to scroll through 30 of us telling you cubics, rng,  etc.  It would put it all in one easy place for all of us to see.. including you @Kibbelz

@Amarah-KT We absolutely intend to take this feedback and create a follow-up post. The one interim action will be to review this thread with the team, which will be happening later this week. From there we should be able to continue the discussion early next week :)

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

The first thing that I remember people quitting over (aside from racial imbalances) was the insane RNG in crafting the miragent/fenris pants. So as far back as 2009 RNG has been kicking Aion players in the nuts.

19 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If you remove the insane RNG from everything, the game can be better and people can have goals.

I agree. 

Though I still feel that hand in hand with easing up on the reliance on RNG is banning hackers. It would be lovely to make actual gear progress, it won't matter if someone else is getting their skill out of a bottle.

Ive been playing aion for many years, and feel that right now its at its lowest point ive personally ever seen it. Theres many changes that can be made to allow the game to survive for many years to come. Aion was my first MMO and ive developed many of my interests around it.

My major issue is the major Pay to Win aspect of the game. Since the start of 7.5 we havent had a decent event, for players that arent willing to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the game. Even this event now.. if you have perfect RNG, meaning you get a grater output every single time, you have to spend a minimum of 250$ on the weapon alone. But you wont have perfect RNG because thats just not how aion is, so you could spend anyways between 700-1000$ on a SINGLE weapon. This gives pay to win players an incredible leap ahead of free to play players, although in my opinion the Lunar weapon isnt the best, but the Solar weapon provides 20% more attack and casting, as well as 750 more attack, magic attack, and healing boost for 15 seconds. Thats an EXTREME bonus but any player whos not willing to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on the game wont even be able to touch this. 

Our events, are another issue right now. Like i said earlier, we havent had any decent events since the start of 7.5. I know right now we have this renown, gemstone event.. but its not worth doing after killing the Agrints for the renown boost, unless you plan on spending your legendary blood marks on it. Getting the gemstone shards, it was, what, like 10 experience marks for a box of 5-10 gemstone shards that are a random color... Thats not the best event, its not something im going to even work for. Ive done the quests for the fruit, but thats all im going to do, personally. 

We also need a way to get Ultimate transformation scrolls or potions. I know people are saying to put it on the bcm... but I hate that idea. I dont spend money on aion, because i just cant afford it. I cant afford buying all these ultimate potions. If I used one potion for every end game instance i run, thats 16 runs, if you include BENM, SLNM, PFHM/IDDHM, AoA NM, if these potions are sold at 80 BCoins every potion, thats 1280 BECoins A WEEK... thats a bit more then 15$ a week. I cant afford that.. and even if I could, I dont know if id want to spend 15$ a week on the game. Thats 45$ a month, 540$ a year. Potions should be obtainable in game, for free, without having to get renown level 9. 

And speaking about renown, getting max level renown, in my opinion, is crazy. Im level 7 on my main, and no I dont go crazy for renown in kata, but i only get 2% from quests meaning that the only way I can get renown is by going around and killing commanders for hours on end, since im not a pvper. This also brings in the experience marks, the amount of marks needed to purchase things is absurd. First you have to get to level 8 Kata.. and then its 10 experience marks, which is 5 levels AND 5m for ONE extraction solvent, when you can get 3 a week for free by doing daily lugbug. I feel for the marks there are some prices that are balances, like the paragon ulti stones, and maybe even the discount scrolls, but for some items its just so much. 

For a company thats been leaning more toward gaining money, instead of increasing player enjoyment. its extremely surprising how limited the BCM is. Before 7.0 we had so many skins on there, there wee so many mounts and different cosmetics. But that was all lost when the BCM got its update. When you guys released Denku and the new overalls skin on the BCM a couple months ago, several friends of mine didnt even know. Because its so bad, theres no point checking the skin section unless youre trying to buy one of the snake skins, which you probably already have thousands of. Not everyone checks the website for updates. As a free to play player, i feel its reasonable to have skins and cosmetics on the BCM. It allows for you all to gain money, and for players to be able to buy cosmetics and not have an advantage on players. It also allows for a better economy, by having those players buy the skins and then free to play players purchasing those skins off of them. Whats NOT okay.. is putting ultimate and legendary enchantment stones on the BCM. This COMPLETELY ruins and jokes on any player whos farmed for stones. Every week I work in Demaha as well as Lakrum just to afford 5-10 ulti stones so I can enchant one of my pieces of armor. But now players who are willing to throw their wallet at the game, can get all +15 gear without having to even get a single enchantment stone fairly. You might as well have put +15 Sov and Dark Talon Armor boxes on the BCM, because thats pretty much all it is right now. The prices for these stones are incredibly ridiculous, i will admit, but people will still buy them. They dont care how much it costs, they just see an unfair advantage and cant help them selves. 

The bugs in the game, are crazy. Ive ran IDDHM multiple times, and havent been able to succeed because of some bug that happens. In our most recent run, on one of our attempts everything went smoothly until I wasnt able to use the portal to get back to the first boss to even try to kill it. Then right after that we had a bug which caused more and more ads to spawn, and right before that bug we had a bug where the bomb didnt go off. So all the ads were shielded still, and there werent any bombs going off, so we couldnt kill the ads at all. 

And change world bosses. For the love of god... these big elitist legions like One, Clarity, Team Para, very rarely invite anyone thats not within their legion or the top 10%. With the update to paragon gear how are we capable of getting this gear if we cant even be invited to a simple world boss. Its called a world boss, not something that was put into the game for particular legions to control and have the say so on whos allowed to get it and who isnt. 

I really hope there is some change to the game, currently I dont know how much longer i can see it surviving for. Ive loved playing aion, and just hope that you all can develop it further and fix it flaws so it doesnt die out like many other games. 

On 20/07/2020 at 13:37, Vantheria-DN said:
On 20/07/2020 at 1:37 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Unforgiving RNG.

Examples:

1. The endgame pve instance bosses are difficult (obviously) and required special cubics. Some of them are doable with just the gold and silver cubics. However, others would be much more accessible by the general public if we could get platinum cubics. To buy the platinum cubics with in game currency is pure RNG and VERY overpriced. We could spend so much in game currency and get the cubics we don't even want. (Solution: Either lower the price or make the bundles selectable and/or put selectable cubics bundles on the BCM for a fair price.)

2. We spend months collecting A-rank minium to slowly level up our A-rank minions. We get 4 of them to the highest level and then try to combine for an S-rank minion -- only to fail. Months of work down the drain. (Solution: Increase the percentage of success and/or make A-rank minium fall from the sky AND A-rank minions.)

3. We spend hours each week inside PFHM and IDDHM, attempting to get those accessories, and when we beat the bosses, it is RNG if there will even be an accessory inside the box. The percentages are low -- probably a 20% chance to get the accessory. And THEN, when we finally DO get the accessory, we have MORE RNG to try to get the correct runestone/gemstone, thus possibly resulting in hours wasted in these instances. And that's for those of us who can even BEAT those bosses; many people cannot. (Solution: See above notes about platinum cubics and/or increase the RNG percentage for getting accessories and/or give us the item that allows us to retune runestone/gemstone slots.)

1 -  we need platine cubics on game (event or cheap price)
2 - I had luck, but I know that its hard do make. We need better rates to do things like that
3 - I did 22 IDDHm to get my first Brac ¬¬ its really bad

Would be nice to have another event that gives stigma enchant and/or daevanion skill box.

Please do something about the lag that the sovereign weapon skin causes, before everyone get that weapon my game was running much better. And if someone changes weapons and one of the weapons is a sovereign it causes even more lag.

I hate that people demand that we have cubic's to go to certain dungeons... remove it plz  xD

On 7/20/2020 at 0:27 PM, Fent-DN said:

Right now my biggest gripe with the game is the inability to reroll runestone slots. 

I've opened countless wings / bracelets / plumes trying to get an attack slot and have yet to get one from either farming bloodmarks or opening cruel demaha. I understand its all RNG but ffs 30 + acc open and nada... Kind of a joke IMO

bump <3

Archived