aion game but 12 years would be my dream come true

1st - needs Ultimate Transformation Contract Selection Box ''event'' 

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/188073366

QsAW7ab.png

@Kibbelz wanted pretty good decent event for a change... @Loki

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure how many other players this effects but Im also not a fan of having all the maps be on timers, and share time.  If Im working 6 days in a row its a pain to try to do my stuff on my day off.  Plus the map rotation makes it even more challenging to do if the map I need isnt even open that day.  It feels like a bunch of filler content to say you have things to do, but do you really want to have to do it?  Im too busy chasing around BS quests..   

Then my quest reward is ONE gemstone shard.  Or ONE runestone shard.  Then when you finally get 100 its not even for your class.  Maybe this belongs on the patch feedback thread but its something that really needs to be addressed.

@Shaidessa-KT - That was well written, excellent job!  

You're exactly right, there is RNG at every corner of the game. Sadly, this is 100% intended and planned. They create problems to sell you the solution.

Failed enchanting your Daevanion skill to +14? Are you all the way back to +10? No worries! Check out our BCM shop, you can buy our Daevanion Essence which prevents your skill decreasing levels if you fail.

Wait, wait are you having trouble socketing that last manastone slot? Has it failed 20 times on you and wasted your Ultimate Manastones that you farmed so hard for? Well, we have just what you need Daeva! You can buy our Manastone Socketing Supplements which guarantee's your socketing for only 480 coins!

Your goldsand shop, crafting, and NPC potions aren't healing enough? Well, look no further, we have 20% heal potions in the shop!

Ultimate Enchantments stones rare to come by? Fast, hurry, check out our BCM shop for a limited time only we have Ultimate enchantment stones and they're only $7.00 each!! Don't miss this chance, nyerk, nyerk *Enchantment success is not guaranteed*

Young Daeva, have you wasted countless accessories and ornaments trying to get the gemstone and runestone symbol you're wanting? You've come to the right place, we have just what you're needing! For a stellar deal of 3.5k NC coins you can purchase our Rebirth Manastone Fastener which resets your gemstone or runestone slot! Goodluck Daeva!

All the RNG is planned and designed so they can sell you items so you can actually make progress in the game.

Ncsoft your method to increase revenue by all this RNG bullcrap is not working. Your BCM prices are insane, and your P2W events are even too expensive for the whales. We're in the middle of a pandemic and you're charging $1,000 for skins. Cmon....seriously? You're so out of touch with your player base. You're driving off loyal customers by the droves, and scaring off any potential new customers. Just look at your forums, it is entirely embarrassing 99% of threads/posts is the playerbase begging for change, and mentioning hackers running rampant on your servers. What do you think potential new customers think when they see this? They RUN!  Aion had its lowest sales ever in Q4 2019, and the 1st quarter of 2020 is not looking good either. Private server's populations are growing strong, and have more players than actual retail servers. It won't be long until you're down to only 1 server in NA which is really sad to see.

I think most people will agree with me on this when I say, we're unable to invite our friends and family to play with us. I would be so embarrassed to invite anyone to play here. The price to be able to actually play and compete is so insanely high its absurd. You could spend $200-$500 just to get 1 Legendary Transformation and not even get the transformation you need for your class! It's not causal player friendly at all. What other games charge these prices, what other games have such rigorous RNG system? It's no wonder people are sticking with battle royale and MOBA games.

Right now your casual players are being suffocated and buried alive. The only ones making it in this game are the whales, and the hackers who farm Luna all day using "Ice Cream".  In 7.7 update....players will be able to run (4) clients at a time. THIS IS NOT what players want. We want to be able to play on our main character and be able to reach end gear playing casually. We don't want to have to play on 10 accounts and have 100 alts chars to be able to progress, that is just ridiculous. It would be nice to actually have a chance to try out other classes but that is impossible it's already insanely hard to gear up 1 toon. Like several users already suggested play your own game from scratch fully f2p and see just how difficult and grueling it is for your players.

Your whales will eventually get bored when there is no one left to fight. Even with the cross server you can barely find any pvp on Demaha. On Lakrum it's mostly full of ungeared  people farming, and they die in 2 hits...the fight lasts for like 30 seconds and then you're back to running around the map 10-15 mins looking for an interesting fun fight. Right now It's very very boring.

Things look gloomy right? But you still have a shot at surviving a few more years and increasing your revenue. Here's what you do - Number 1. Listen to your player base.

Enchantment system

Increase enchantment success rates for Stigmas, Daevanion skills and Armor. 

Remove the decrease of level when you fail. Let's stop punishing players for failing, you already lose your rare material that should be enough punishment. I think the Minion enchanting system is awesome, when you fail it sucks, but it sucks ALOT less knowing that your minion doesn't decrease its level and you have a higher chance to succeed next time. It's really great, and I would use this system across the board. You fail combining 2x legendary transforms? Well, you have a higher chance to succeed next time. It provides a great motivation to keep going on, and not giving up and quitting.

BCM shop

You must lower your prices in the shop and update it. You have to make it affordable for the average USA citizen and your foreign players. A lot of people don't mind blowing $20-$200, but they don't like flushing their money down the toilets and watching their items fail and decrease in level only to be worse off then when they started.

*We have two new ultimate transformations arriving soon Ereshkigal and Tiamat,  98% of the population doesn't even have Kaisinel who was released in 6.0. I suggest adding the following items:

Random Legendary Transformation Contract - $25

Selective Legendary Transformation Contract - $40

Random Ultimate Transformation Contract - $75

Selective Ultimate Transformation Contract - $100

The Style, Housing, and Mount section needs updating...this should be a huge source of revenue for you guys....but you gotta add nice stuff in there. I would have bought the Fairy dress and other costumes already.

Prestige should be your main steady income - However, it needs a huge update and better rewards. Here are some more bonuses Prestige can provide.

1. Increase in enchantment success rates by 5% for Prestige players

2. Add repeatable quests for Prestige players with good rewards such as 

• -Experience Marks, 
  • -Stigma Enchantment Stones,
  • -Ulimate Enchantment Stones
  • -Transformation Contracts - 50 types with higher chance for ancient/legendary. 
  • -Gemstones and Runestones with a chance to get dazzling/shining/normal.\
  • Kinah

3. Update the Prestige Vending Machine with current items and reasonable prices. 10k Prestige coins for 1x Ultimate Enchantment stone is not okay.

Kinah

Kinah is the main currency in game yet it's insanely hard to get. Your Renown vendors sell 5 million Kinah bundles for 5 Experience Marks. We need an extra 0 added to the end of that Kinah amount. It's just not worth while, Exp Marks are very difficult to get and we need them for other items to progress in the game. 

The trade broker fees are to high, lower the fees!

Increase Kinah rewards amount from Altars and Siege by alot, 200k Kinah is nothing.

Crafting

There is nothing good to craft anymore, so you can't sell anything valuable. The 20% Mysterious Potions , Mysterious Serums, Mysterious Healing Potions, and Mysterious Food should all be craftable and sellable. There are no beautiful armor sets to craft anymore, all the craftable baluar sets were removed which is just a shame. They should have been kept, and new ones added every patch. This way a great way to make kinah selling remodels and also very fun to craft.

Gemstone/Runestone

Let players select which type of slot they want on their accessories and ornaments when they open them up. You can still sell the Rebirth Manastone Fasteners. Players will want to change and play around with their build and will need this item to reset the type of slot. Also, once we gather 100x of the gemstone/runestone shards we should be able to select which one we want or at least get one for our class.

Experience

It’s difficult to obtain Experience Marks.I suggest lowering the amount of Exp marks required for some items sold by the Renown vendors. Increase XP gain from mobs and re-add XP to quests. We also need XP for <Bobonerk’s Coin> to morph Legendary/Ultimate Stones. Adding a weekend XP/AP  boost would be very nice.

Enchantment Stones/Transformations/Stigma Enchantment
We need more methods in game to obtain these items.

I could go on and on, but I think that’s enough for now. :) 

6 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

Im not sure how many other players this effects but Im also not a fan of having all the maps be on timers, and share time.  If Im working 6 days in a row its a pain to try to do my stuff on my day off.  Plus the map rotation makes it even more challenging to do if the map I need isnt even open that day.  It feels like a bunch of filler content to say you have things to do, but do you really want to have to do it?  Im too busy chasing around BS quests..   

Then my quest reward is ONE gemstone shard.  Or ONE runestone shard.  Then when you finally get 100 its not even for your class.  Maybe this belongs on the patch feedback thread but its something that really needs to be addressed.

Timed shared maps were one of the worst ideas they ever came up with. I do not mind the "shared" part, but a timed one is garbage, you get a dc at some point... you are gone back to your obelisk. This is why I never bothered with Katalam myself, so badly implemented and no teleports enough to go back fast.

I am only doing Lakrum at the moment, I stopped going to Katalam and Demaha since 7.0 came (I was forced to go to Demaha before, I never played that map when it was the main map of a patch either). But there is absolutely no way am I going to go to Demaha now trying to do fame just to be able to get items with XP marks that I do not have.

I firstly just want to say thanks to Kibbels for extending an olive branch to the community. 
I think sometimes it helps to have a fresh set of eyes to see what others may not and with that, I'm hopeful we can make some positive changes for everyone.

A very safe observation I make is that we have a relatively small group of players doing the heaving lifting, in terms of supporting NC's revenue. That's why the cash shop prices are so incredibly high. Because clearly people with more dollars than sense are buying those items and this means the prices are catered to this minority and is why prices appear very high for the majority. Hence all the P2W comments here.

How do we solve that? Well, we need a broader player base and lower shop prices.
The problem is that we've already scared off anyone who's bothered to play and anyone who hasn't played, surely hasn't heard great things of late.

So, unfortunately, we're currently stuck in a stalemate. NC won't take a hit to revenue overnight by simply lowering cash shop prices. So they're stuck with a dwindling player base of 'whales' whilst the new/returning players just aren't sticking around long enough and no one here can blame them.

That been said, I do think with a bit of strategy and finesse on behalf of NC, we can slowly begin to turn this around. 

For example, the player population always peaks during a new patch or even during a good event. This would be an opportune time for NC to take a small risk (think of it as an investment), betting on the fact that if they lowered cash shop prices, more people would be willing to spend their money, thereby increasing the share of players who are invested in the game whilst also keeping NC's revenue at least steady. From there, NC would really need to hold onto their new players by properly committing to better, ongoing management of the cash shop by catering for the majority and not simply slipping back into complacency once again which would only result in the current status quo. 
An increased player base, with the majority of the players invested, would result in a much fairer and more enjoyable environment for all players.

Some Issues (ones I know NCWest can change)

EXPERIENCE
Yes, I know we can socket a runestone which gives us an extra 20% XP or 30% if you have Jesus like RNG and can enchant it to +5. But still, 30% of not much, is still not much. We really need SAS back or at least in the meantime please turn on those 'active' XP buffs which we've previously seen turned on/off very easily without having to reset the servers. 100% extra XP minimum. ideally, 200-300% because I just killed a random lvl79 mob which gave me 377k XP (with Prestige Pack 30% XP buff, no rune buff), and yet it takes 175mil exp to make one Experience Mark. I would have to kill 477 mobs in order to make just one Experience Mark... I could maybe do that on my +15 sov geared chanter in an hour, assuming I downed a couple of ritalin beforehand. But if you're an average geared player, it's probably going to take you at least two hours. Like, it's just so ridiculously impractical that it's no wonder people don't grind.

Please, please consider adding to the GST 'Icerunerk's Special EXP Extractor'. These extractors only use HALF the amount of EXP to make an Experience Mark, compared to a standard extractor.

DROP RATE  / PVP -
While you're at it, throw on the drop rate buff too. We need people in the field farming. Currently, the open world is a barren wasteland of dropless mobs and PVP is a distant memory. This would go a long way to make grinding a rewarding experience again because people could finally farm their cubics as well as the added challenge of PvP.

SELECTIVE RETUNING - 
These prices were implemented in patch 6.0 and have not changed since. Please for the love of god, reduce the cost by at least half or preferably more. This is a HUGE opportunity for NC to make extra revenue. But currently, you're limiting yourselves to a minority of whales who are the only ones who can afford this feature. If you actually lowered the cost, you'd sell more. Simple. This would also assist in the issue of closing the gear gap between the haves and have nots. Also while you're at it, please find a way to remove MP from the retuning stats. No one's purposely tuning this stat :P

UPDATE LUNA RECIPES -
These haven't been changed for who knows how long. There's actually a couple of good recipes currently in Luna such as Transformation Contracts, Legendary enchantment stones and Kinah bundles. But the rest needs an overhaul.
We used to be able to craft permanent mounts, housing stuff plus many skins. Consider consulting with the community about would they'd like to see here. 

PRESTIGE -
As many others have already mentioned, this needs a revamp. One extra instance run for an instance we can't even complete because we don't have boss cubics ain't really cutting it anymore. In fact, one of the current prestige quests asks us to kill Singing Krishka who is the boss from an instance which was deleted around a year ago (Mirash Sanctum). 
I really liked all of Kahime's ideas on this.

SKINS -
Skins are the prime, low hanging fruit that doesn't affect game progression. The skin nuts in-game would give their firstborn for more skins. Would it really kill someone to push a few buttons and put them in the BCM? NC is leaving money on the table every week because of this.

CUBICS -
- Make gold cubics brokerable again. Yes, they were actually brokerable in 6.0.
- Aioncodex says we can exchange higher grade cubics into lower grade cubics. Can you please install this feature? I'm assuming it's just a simple NPC installation. eg x1 gold cubic = x5 silver cubics.
- We also need a realistic way to obtain platinum boss cubics. Nuff said.

Divine Soul Healer for Ing/Gelk -

We had them in Lakrum and then Demaha. Why can't we have them now? It's just a quality of life thing. But once you've had it, it's so hard to go back and it just adds to the frustration of dying. At the very least put a training dummy next to the obelisk so we can use leeching skills to heal up.

Make the Gold Sands Trader available in instances and cross-server -

Is there actually a reason why this can't be done?  I can't tell you how many times I've run out of shards mid-way through an instance or halfway across Lakrum's map only to have to leave and return just to buy them.

There's more but I'm tired now :) 

Ok I think first problem we need to talk is how we can convince NC Korea to allow us to do those huge changes.
Everyone is talking about money and more players but what NC can benefit from them(Other than little money when comparing to mobile) ? Do we have any reason that more important than money ?

Even we got got more than a money reason how do we prove NC Korea that our method will work ? Someone might mentioned private classic server but that server now is struggling to surviving even russian one losing a lot of people.So I don't think classic server is the answer either o_o

I think why current Aion failing so bad beside RNG gears depend and a lot of enchantment is because you can spam skills until everything dead,that means people with low ping can spam everything at ultra fast rate without running out of skills(tactic,rotation everything is not matter now it's depend how low your ping is and who using more skills),I don't think a game that designed favored ping will survive(think about white dwarf the end of the sun it's existed but no people) or popular especially forcing pvp zone.(I think we might need something like pre 4.8 skills mechanics but with 4.8 stigma slots).It will make people think before using a skill(Cast time,Animation,CD) so it will be less ping depend and more planning require so players with higher ping can beat players with low ping who doesn't make use of skills good enough.

Aion now is so mess mess up to the point if we start over and apply good stuff from all version will costless,less work and easier.(Which NA team can't do only KR team can do)
Yep if I'm NA team I'll purpose NC to start over and abandon this version I'll probably give them a reason that nobody like current version and the Aion profit now is extremely low so reverse everything back is probably better and more profitable and yes I do understand people who got stuff +15 and rare items I can't think anything to compensate you enough but I want to say you're owning lands in a desert that everybody leaving eventually these lands will be nothing but barren that has no any value to you or anyone :/ But ofc I can say this because I didn't work for +15 stuff or ultimate transform I don't understand your pain or how much money you invested.However I'm glad I'm not the one who making the decision and sorry for this idea if it make you feel very upset about it.

There should be a better way.

8 hours ago, Kashime-DN said:

In 7.7 update....players will be able to run (4) clients at a time. THIS IS NOT what players want. We want to be able to play on our main character and be able to reach end gear playing casually. We don't want to have to play on 10 accounts and have 100 alts chars to be able to progress

giphy.gif

Guys, dont be so naive. Game is designed to grind, its not wow where you can play casually. Its KOR game... nothing that comes from there is casual.

On top of that, after few years of not giving a shit about this game, you would think NCWest will do something just because they got new CM? 

Personally, I wish this game would become the game the community wants and that could be driven by the players, not the dude who has no clue...

I would like to give a bit more info.

Players in private classic Aion servers most of them I've talked with never played offical Aion.

I don't know what's identification of Aion anymore,what's core value try to uphold or follow.
What's the unique feature of Aion.Should completely remake happens ? Should we take antiquity(yeah I know it's classic but using this word is much more cooler lol :P) Aion as the model ?.Will Aion IP even selling ? (Aion mobile base game already dead).Not mention current Aion can't even run on my old laptop(despite able to run before 6.0).Maybe remake should happens but should it named Aion anymore ? Maybe remake(Optimized to low spec laptop at least) and rebrand something like "Atreia : Conflict of Eternity (I intend to keep Eternity word to reference to original of Aion : Tower of Eternity :D)

And yep sorry again for my offensive suggest :(

I can't believe you guys haven't stressed this enough. 

Skins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please! For the sake of the game! Add more skins to the BCM AND Luna skin rotation craft (or any other possible methods).

Don't you want to make profit while making your players happy all at once?

On 21/07/2020 at 0:24 AM, Shaidessa-KT said:

hang on. My potato is messing with me...

5.       Minions

S rank is supposed to be the end game norm however, even the most basic A-B rank contracts are difficult to get. I haven’t seen an A Rank in months. I’ve resorted to combining my B’s to get A’s. And after MONTHS of grind only to have it all *poof* out of existence when I fail on the S Rank combine.

Seriously, all that work down the tubes at the click of a mouse and now you have no Minions. At all.

• ·         Better avaliblitly of basic named (NOT KERUB) Minions
  • ·         The return of at least one A Rank Minion when S Rank combine fails.
  • ·         A way to morph or upgrade Minium C-->B -->A

6.       Kinah

Since the introduction of 6.0 all of the game systems are designed to suck kinah out of the economy.

Well it worked. It worked so well that the economy is broken.

New players struggle to pay for the most basic things like teleporting and binding. If you make the mistake of unlocking more inventory space, you can’t pay for teleport and now you have to delete your character and start over.

The only consistent way to gain kinah to continue to feed the massive currency sink is to...

• ·         Luna Crafting kinah boxes with tons of alts
  • ·         Use Third Party Programs
  • ·         RMT
  • Put ways to make kinah back into the game and reduce the fees or the economy will continue to crumble.

a.       The Broker

The fees are obscene. You get robbed coming and going. No one lists things on the broker unless it’s super overpriced.

Then there’s the risk of having items “sniped” by bots.

• ·         Ban the bots
  • ·         Reduce the fees

7       Cubics

Basics Cubics are very difficult to get. Just to increase my HP at Bronze level I need 300. Where do you get them?

They’re locked behind RNG (Section 3). A mob might drop 1 after hours of grinding or I might get 1 out a pouch at the end of an instance or I can grind Titan Coins and pay and I might get 1 from a pouch.

That is extremely slow for even the most basic progression.

Then there’s the “new” Platinum Cubics which you can’t get in-game. I’ve only gotten these from surveys.

And the Ereshkigal Cubics... again can’t get them in-game but they’re still required to do the instance.

• ·         I would like to see a better way to get Cubics and the return of the NPC that lets you exchange for higher grade Cubics like we had in 6.0. Currently she only exchanges Eresh Cubics... that you can’t get... *face palm*
  •  

8       Trading Items

The inability to trade is extremely frustrating. I don’t want to give items to anyone else most of the time but it would be nice to slide that HB manastone through the Account Warehouse to my Chanter or a MB to my SM. Otherwise I have to risk the broker bots.

• ·         More items Account tradeable

9.       Events

• ·         Fewer P2W Giant Marine Mammal Only Events
  • ·         No more New Player Only Events – It feels like you’re snubbing your loyal veteran players when you do this. We just make 50 new alt accounts in order to get the rewards. You’re not really getting “new” players. We’re just working around your event roadblock.
  • ·         BCM Sales Are NOT Events
  • ·         More events that engage the playerbase and encourage them to go out into open world and run instances to get the rewards. I’ve always been fond of hidden cake, shugo capsule, and floating flower events.
  • ·         Event Instance drops for EVERYONE in the group/alliance. Don’t make 24 people fight for one drop.
  • ·         Rewards that benefit everyone. Stormwing event is an excellent example. Everyone loved it. Do that again.
  •  

10      Cheating

Do something about the Hackers. They are rampant and have been for years.

I would like to see punishments for cheating that feel like you give a nyerk about the state of the game and aren’t weighted against how much said cheater threw their wallet around.

11       BCM

I haven’t given NC a dime since 6.0 rolled out and the pitiful state of the BCM has a lot to do with that.

There is thread after thread, literal pages of us, on our knees, begging for updates and items. Please go read them.

• ·         S K I N S !!!! (We are skin-whores. We wanna look purdy.)
  • ·         Mounts
  • ·         Pets
  • ·         Housing items/furniture

And that’s just the cosmetic list.

12       Communication

I want clear, consistent communication.

• ·         Don’t just ninja a maintenance post every week and run away. I know it’s tempting but don’t do it.
  • ·         Don’t hide information on one of the twitter feeds. Post it here as well.
  • ·         Facebook – do you even use this anymore?
  • ·         If you don’t know something say “I don’t know.” Just be honest.
  • ·         Don’t NC “soon” us. We have memes for that.
  • ·         Ask our opinion – especially before major changes – either here or with in-game surveys.

We like to feel like were being listened to and are contributing to how you make decisions.

r09BUSK.gif

Ok I’m about exhausted and I’m sure I missed a few things.

Anyway, here’s your cookie for reading the whole thing.

YNDm9WB.gif

Agreed with all that was written here.

Well I think at least in my idea Loki and Kibbelz should get some answers from Korea that which suggest is possible or got rejected in few weeks.

I think it shows a good sign there's a progress or some result even it's all rejected we still want to know >_<
Please don't leave us in dark let us know what happening no matter good or bad then decision after that will be make by individual each of us but at least we need to know what company going to do.

Because the worst thing you can do to us is keep us hoping for better future but it doesn't existed :(

After reviewing all 5 pages of other comments, here are some things I would like to add.

First and foremost -

*Give us a shader/opacity option for the chatbox.
Finding a color that stands out from the surrounding environment is often difficult. My eyes aren't what they once were and I don't like having chat disappear into the background. This could be solved by having a slider for setting the opacity of the chatbox.

*Minium conversion : 10 C = 1 B, 10 B = 1 A, 10 A = I think you get the idea. Click and combine.

*Furniture and permanent mount crafting. Shall I tell you my sob story? SURE. I faithfully did my Luna's everyday and horded up hundreds of craft items while waiting for the permanent craftable mount to come up in the list (unicorn or maybe the big chicken). It never did. And then you (NC) removed them. Gone. I don't even recall seeing the info that said you were dropping them, they just no longer were. I cannot adequately express to you my frustration when I figured that out. Eventually I got over it, but wow. That was a definite 'thanks for nothing' moment.

Also - I do not play a 'fantasy' game to drive around in an MG. A temporary one, at that. No.

And yes, I derive a lot of enjoyment from fiddling about in my house with furniture. Which is no longer available. I do not understand this.

*Ages ago, in a server long merged, I remember the CM's being ingame demonstrating new outfits and dyes that were coming with a new update. This was fun. I would LOVE to see Loki, Kibbelz, Hime and anyone else CM/NC spending some time with us ingame. Yes, I am aware of exactly what I'm asking. So let's keep it sensible. 30 minutes, per server, per week, per CM, per faction. Random timing so people who can't be ingame at the same time have a chance. Yes, random people will heckle you with ridiculous, unachievable demands. But perhaps, some of the more thoughtful players will be able to interact with you directly and that would be nice.

Or, you could just spawn some goodies for us, or a raid boss that everyone who does damage gets the rewards dropped into their inventory (nice rewards please, not nonsense we don't need), or just be a presence that says 'NC isn't ignoring you!'.

*BCM inventory vs. ingame item acquisition - Yes, please add things to the BCM for those folks who want to drop some RL coin. Speaking only for myself, I don't have a lot of disposable income at the moment, so I can't justify it. Therefore, whatever you put on the BCM should also be available by some means or mechanic ingame. Naturally, because you want to make money to pay your salaries, building rent, etc - the BCM should be more readily available. Blessed Lumiel knows, I can grind for items. Because I had little else to do, I harvested enough drana for the WHOLE FREAKING PANDORA ULTIMATE SET. If I ever see another drana, I'm gonna have an out of body experience. That said, if I knew I could grind some kind of currency (Luna perhaps? Gold ingots?) and then buy BCM items ingame, that would be nice.

*As an addendum to the above, please make skins transferrable more than once. I foolishly skinned a nice set onto my Pandora Legendary not realizing this system had been changed. Now I have a useless set of armor in my warehouse with a skin I don't want to lose.
This is yet another entry in the 'How did this change even make sense?' category.

*Which brings me to this point - it would be nice if you included the community when it comes to some changes. No, I don't expect to be included in everything and we all know you cannot please all the people all the time. But things like arbitrarily changing the siege time without a word? Honestly, who promoted that as a 'good idea'?
Until the siege time changes in game, or until time changes in November - I won't be at siege.

* Fiddle factor. There is so much 'stuff' to fuss with ingame, I genuinely can't keep track of it all. Much like a post recently about converting enchant stones showed, there is just too much minutiae to fuss with. Go here, talk to that guy, get this item, then go here, talk to that guy, convert this to that, then talk to this guy on this other map. What? No. I don't mind chasing down random spawning NPCs, or hunting random spawning doodads (Miragents reference) but this is just silly.
Give us NPCs that simply convert a number of 1 thing into something else. You could do this for enchant stones, minium, cubicles...what else...

*Why not have gemstones shard assembly sometimes produce a Shining version instead of having to collect both types. I haven't even gotten involved with the runestones and purification or sanctification or whatever. Inventory space is always at a premium.

*More account warehouse tradeability - Titans coins, Genesis Crystals, Gemstone/Runestone shards, other things I haven't thought of that make sense. I have a disturbing number of Genesis Crystals because I'm not a PVPer but I do get bored so I do the Lakrum camps. Maybe offer the Legendary and Dark Talon available for people who farm up obscenely disgusting amounts of (quest) inventory clogging crystals? LOL. Or, I can just keep converting them to manastone fasteners, which is probably the better idea.

*The whole Elyos vs Elyos vs Asmos vs Asmos effect.  I'm speaking (typing, anyway) about the mega conglomerate legions that formed when Demaha opened. While I was ambivalent with it in general, it very quickly became evident that it was no longer Elyos vs Asmos. In order to achieve a superior item infighting, nastiness and exclusivity became prevalent between members of our own respective races. This is most regrettable. I would much rather see ALL elyos (and asmos) supporting and helping each other to achieve greater results together.

And finally -

*The feeling of 'Have To Do'. These days when I login, there is a feeling of 'I must get these things done or else I'm falling behind'. Luna daily. Luna Weekly. Minium Vault. Abyssal Splinter (when its open). Jaburunerk's daily for a Experience thingy. Lugbug dailies. Lugbug Weekly because that is the only way I can get Legendary contracts. Demaha stellium. Katalam marks. Renown. Event objectives (if its an event that pertains to me). It all starts to feel like 'YOU MUST LOGIN, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T, YOU'RE A FAILURE'. And I find I run out of time to do anything else very quickly.

Its become work. It wasn't work before. I used to rush home from my office, grab dinner and a beverage of choice and spend the rest of my evening gaming my face off. There was so much to DO. Do I level crafting tonight? Which type? Essencetapping? Aethertapping? Oh, Legion run in Tlabs! I need to work on Campaign quests! Argh! Leveling Essencetapping means doing that quest to harvest a Shining Diamond, Saphhire and Ruby or whatever! Or do I go check out those quests in southern Eltnen or Heiron? Rifting party!!! Find the teleporting Shugo with asmo only outfits! Why are these Miragents quests so difficult!!! Damn you, Hot Heart of Magic! Abyss siege, let's go!

Quests that were interesting (why are the fountains in Eltnen drying up) vs. quests to get more items to buy more gear to get to 'endgame' (there is no such thing in an MMO until the server shuts down) and then to have to do it all again when the armor calculations change.

Yes, technically many of these things are still happening, but there's this feeling of demand instead of opportunity. I guess I want things to do ingame that are not gear related but that offer some reward. Remember the boss in southern... was it Heiron? You had to get onto the invisible pathways that ran between islands... I barely remember this it was so long ago and I only managed it once.

Who remembers maps that were blank and that filled in as you discovered more areas?

Anyway. Thank you for reading.
See you all out there somewhere!

~Sheyrena~
Defender of the Cake

I would have to agree with a lot of what @Sheyrena-DN just said. I never had an issue with doing some grinding, but Aion has become not only too much like a 2nd job, but it is an unrewarding, frustrating, NOT FUN job. I'll speak just to a specific game design aspect.

I want to go out and siege- I'm not particularly interested in recycled content- but of the current sieges I want to do Pradeth and Silona. OK- every single damn week I am forced to get a stupid title because otherwise I cannot get to the sieges I want to do. This can lead to fun times such  is a frustrating waste of my and other's time often due to the over-geared groups from certain legions who decide that their time is more precious than every else's and who love to out-DPS mobs that  WE have been patiently waiting for- or worse- they will ignore asmos, leaving us to deal with them, while they snatch the mobs.

Get rid of this weekly requirement. Change it to seasonal. For those people who scream about the lack of PVP- they'll still have people grinding legendary quests. If people are concerned about entry numbers, I don't see why we can't at least double the entry numbers for for both sieges.

I would also agree about prior comments regarding large legions. In Korea this may make perfect sense with a more cooperative gameplay style and a higher population. Here, we don't really have the numbers to support that type of design. The only real competition occurs on the instance servers. Unless some changes are made, the game is going to slowly die because players that aren't in large legions don't stand a chance of getting into various content. They'll leave out of discouragement or boredom.

Thank you for all the positive responses to my 12 point presentation/ TED talk on why AION retail is currently a dumpster fire. 
I know I’m salty and sarcastic and often it feels like I’m just screaming into the aether. It’s good to know it’s not just me and a lot of you share that frustration.

Most of the complaints in this thread are about how brutal the RNG is and how progression is not just throttled but strangled completely, if not outright broken.

To Hardcore players and ‘giant marine mammals’ progression is a mountain. For new, returning and casual players that mountain is Everest.

@MIKH-DN had some really fantastic suggestions that should be escalated to the devs in Korea; starting with reducing the punishment for failing. 
If I loose the the materials, fine. I’ll try again. If I loose the materials AND progression goes backwards or explodes in my face I’ll log off in frustration for days or weeks. A lot of players just up and quit.

The second is adding that visual progress bar. Sure RNG didn’t improve any and I just failed 30 times but now I can SEE IT.
Players who can see the goal line are more likely to stay logged in and grind those mobs for another hour or do those extra instance runs.
Or
(And here’s the part that helps your bottom line) $$$
They reach for their credit card and buy what they need to push that bar over the top.
Happy players pay. Frustrated ones don’t.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

I would have to agree with a lot of what @Sheyrena-DN just said. I never had an issue with doing some grinding, but Aion has become not only too much like a 2nd job, but it is an unrewarding, frustrating, NOT FUN job. I'll speak just to a specific game design aspect.

I want to go out and siege- I'm not particularly interested in recycled content- but of the current sieges I want to do Pradeth and Silona. OK- every single damn week I am forced to get a stupid title because otherwise I cannot get to the sieges I want to do. This can lead to fun times such  is a frustrating waste of my and other's time often due to the over-geared groups from certain legions who decide that their time is more precious than every else's and who love to out-DPS mobs that  WE have been patiently waiting for- or worse- they will ignore asmos, leaving us to deal with them, while they snatch the mobs.

After been near 8 years here, thats exactly my current feeling, i dont spect many understand my current life between hospital (with all drama it contains due COVID) and then... arrive to do the quest for the nyerking title... then the nyerking siege at midnight to keep a General Rank... and is one of the strongest reason i stoped playing aion few days ago (Im so sorry, my body just cant continue with this insane life style).

To this nightmare we add the people who is cheating that is not correctly punished (example: Kinah customers) who are still playing with the dirty kinah... or people using hack in pvp... the last straw of the glass was the non productive behavior of the support team.. guys ur behavior is near a shit... sorry for my words but is frustrating to read ur answers, and more frustrating to know that you dont want to solve problems. The support team at this time is useless not the same as 8 years ago, every year worst and worst... the support team wants the customer do their job!!!! and i have many many many tickets that show this... INCOMPETENCE

Many users wants changes of content (minions, transformations, skins and blah) and they are eclipsed by this... but if customer care isnt eficient... the real result is that we wont get eficient changes in content.. many times in tickets u asked to come to forum to said what i think? THIS IS MY OPINION ABOUT UR SERVICE, now dont complain because this is the stack of ur behavior the last years. Welcome to real situation.

@Sheyrena-DN - thank you,

You brought me back when AION was really a good fun game, a game to play with friends and really cool players who would help and have lots of fun.

Sadly now all that are only "souvenirs" of better times.

I still hope there will be changes, but after playing since 2009 and witnessing so many "bad" changes I am almost sure that nothing or very little will change.

Take care my friends and have fun, ciao.

Altar and Siege times need to be moved back 1-2 hrs. Pretty much cut out 1/2 of NA if you can't be up in the middle of the night.

Anyone that makes decisions on the development of the game should at least be required to play x-amount of time on the game so they can truely see what the pains of the game are.

Too many P2W events going on, at least throw in some other events that don't have you handing over your card/cc. Not talking the afk events but ones that promote playing the content of the game to get rewards.

I studied the evolution of skills and drops,I learned that in early stage of Aion,NPC do not selling skill books it's dropping from mobs,then mobbing dropping stigma,then NPC selling green stigma,then you farm AP for greater stigma and then skills became auto learn,then 4.8 you can buy all stigma no matter regarding greater or not.

If you noticed this cycle first skills are rare and need time to farm them then it became common for everyone.
I say it's time for that cycle to happens with transformations and daevanion skills.

Legendary transform must be common at this point(people said legendary is basic need for today instances o_O),I mean selling from NPC and you buy them directly with kinah,also daevanion skills no more random skills and can buy directly,also stigma only RNG you can keep at this point is upgrading to +15.(like how we did enchanted gears in old patch)

The new skills enchantment mechanics can stay luxury at this point until it become common in later patch and replaced with new system.
As long as things I mentioned above are not common I don't think people will come back.

There're many other issues that need to address but yeah if things above common and kinah daily I suggested earlier.
Yep there might be a way to recover.

And I have a bit more to add.

From what I understanding the cd,turn stigma into passive or negative effects toward to class that has ability to heal because they were overpowered right ? o_O
Well I would suggest alternative why not put CD(Like 30 sec) to changing gears(Not including weapons) instead punishing skills instead.I mean it would reducing the need of people to farm multiple sets.It would give relaxation to hybrid stigma build.

I will also suggest turn all old items before 6.0 untradable,unbrokerable but still can put in account warehouse and offering them to exchange for Ncoins(to buy items from BCM) and ofc your shop needs to be update as well ;o,All new white items become tradable and can remodel as many times as they want.I think it's fair to everyone ? and worth to exchange too ? :)

Yep I know it's a lot of works however I think this is better than delete everyone items :P

16 hours ago, Itzmin-DN said:

After been near 8 years here, thats exactly my current feeling, i dont spect many understand my current life between hospital (with all drama it contains due COVID) and then... arrive to do the quest for the nyerking title... then the nyerking siege at midnight to keep a General Rank... and is one of the strongest reason i stoped playing aion few days ago (Im so sorry, my body just cant continue with this insane life style).

To this nightmare we add the people who is cheating that is not correctly punished (example: Kinah customers) who are still playing with the dirty kinah... or people using hack in pvp... the last straw of the glass was the non productive behavior of the support team.. guys ur behavior is near a shit... sorry for my words but is frustrating to read ur answers, and more frustrating to know that you dont want to solve problems. The support team at this time is useless not the same as 8 years ago, every year worst and worst... the support team wants the customer do their job!!!! and i have many many many tickets that show this... INCOMPETENCE

Many users wants changes of content (minions, transformations, skins and blah) and they are eclipsed by this... but if customer care isnt eficient... the real result is that we wont get eficient changes in content.. many times in tickets u asked to come to forum to said what i think? THIS IS MY OPINION ABOUT UR SERVICE, now dont complain because this is the stack of ur behavior the last years. Welcome to real situation.

Good post. 

14 hours ago, Melodiosa-KT said:

@Sheyrena-DN - thank you,

You brought me back when AION was really a good fun game, a game to play with friends and really cool players who would help and have lots of fun.

Sadly now all that are only "souvenirs" of better times.

I still hope there will be changes, but after playing since 2009 and witnessing so many "bad" changes I am almost sure that nothing or very little will change.

Take care my friends and have fun, ciao.

So here is the thing. I have been playing Aion since 2009. I have witnessed one hell of a lot in this game. I have stuck with it because Aion has always been my game. I tried different games, but always came back. @Melodiosa-KT's bolded comment above pretty much sums up this whole thing for me.

When I saw this thread go up, I pretty much thought.. nothing is going to come of this. I posted first with simple needs. Hacks, pay2win and RNG. I have watched people post lengthy, well thought out posts that address all three. (Though by far, RNG seems to be most people's main concern.) I have seen some other issues, like @Itzmin-DN's post above that talks about Support and their ginormous suckage, that also need addressing.

But it all boils down to this. Will NCWest take our concerns to NCSoft and get things changed. After more than a decade of hoping that something will be done, I don't have any more hope. I imagine Kibblez coming in all idealistic and innocent and actually believing or thinking that he can do great things for Aion. Pull our game out of the dumpster it has been in for years. But I have seen new employees start just like this in the past and it never quite works out. They come in with all these good ideas and intentions to start a dialog with the players and change things. And then the company -and- the players beat them down and nothing.. ever.. changes.

I'm watching what happens, but I have no hope. Hope in Aion just leads to disappointment.

Aly I understand all of depressing you got :(

But keep depressing will make anything better ? Since we all decided to be here we have to do something right ? Even Kibbelz failed to convince Korea I believed he will let us know the compnay offical stance after that it's your decision what to do I'm not going to blame our staffs if they showed they did everything they could in their powers for our interests.

After covid I probably buy myself a new computer and say goodbye to this Aion (If nothing changed at that time).Yes it's sad to leave Aion but I won't regret that once time I played this game.It teaching me a lot of things.Good and bad.

If Aion destiny follows MxM and Wildstar then let it be but I won't regret because I think I did enjoyed it at fullest and suggested everything I could to save it.

I viewing covid as a great oppotunity in my life it's true a lot of bad things happened but also a lot of great things too.
Anyway for anyone who having troubles in this crisis please don't view it as destroyer of your life but a chance for you to try something you never did maybe you even unlock some potential you never know you had.I hope everyone will find your own chance in this :)

I would like to see the ability to skin our transformations with other transformations.

What's scarier than a giant Forest Denku charging at you with Kaisinel super speed?

What's more fun than being a Pixel power princess with the power of a thousand Marchutans?

Honestly we have all these transforms and we never get to use them or show off our sparkles.

I suggest a transformation slot in Transformation window for skins; unlockable with Luna (400? I'd even do 1600) permanently to reskin transforms so we could be our favorite (or most comical) transforms, whenever we wanted.

Archived