The Ultimate(-ish) Starter Gear Guide

Vasilios-KT

Ive seen a lot of posts on the forums, as well as in game about what to do as a returning/starter player when it comes to gear or instances. I felt it would be good to just make a post about all the knowledge i currently have, and also have others comment on anything they feel should be changed and/or added. This is focused mostly on PvE, as I know barely anything about PvP. 

**Leveling**

Starting off, when it comes to leveling just do your repeatable quests as you continue on, and the instances that open up at certain levels. Dont forget to use your acorns on the latest armor whenever you get to that point. I also recommend saving your acorns, outside of buying gear, to buy legendary transformation potions that you can save for end game content. In my opinion levels 75-80 are the toughest. Therefore I feel its best for players to save their daily or weekly luna for hen they hit 75, and then pop an xp boost, stars, energy of repose, whatever you have, and then do daily and weekly luna and it should take you right to 80. If it takes you multiple days to level up characters, like it does for me, then use your daily luna every day before you log off. 

**Hitting Level 80**

Once hitting level 80 getting the Risiel gear is your first step to success. After that farming up titan coins is always nice. These coins drop randomly from pretty much any mob in iggison, and rarely youll receive a bundle that can hold 10-100 titan coins. There are also titan farming groups at times, I have noticed theyre more common on Katalam then Danaria, but they still occur on both servers. This farming group runs around killing min bosses - theyre just mobs with a lot of hp - that drop 1 titan bundle each. These titan bundles can give you random amounts of titan coins, like 10, 20, 25 etc. Titan coins can be used to purchase Ultimate and Legendary PvE gear as well as weapons and accessories. Titan coin gear can take you far, ive personally taken people into IDDHM and PFHM 1st boss that only had titan coin gear. After you obtain your risiel set and start farming for titan coins, depending on how much time you spend into farming titan coins you can have your set quickly. Even so, I believe that going to Primith's Fordge (PF), Stellin Lab (SL), and Infernal Drakenspire Depths (IDD) is crucial, and if you see a run you should apply, even if youre in Risiel gear. These instances have a chance of dropping Ultimate Sovereign Gear, which is the best PvE set in the game, as well as Legendary Sovereign armor boxes, which are better then Risiel. 

**Gearing up (Early and Late Game)**

Like stated above, getting sovereign is very important. Mystic is for magic classes, and parts without the word "Mystic" are for melee classes. While you farm for titan coins and Soverign its important you do your daily and weekly Kata camps in Crimson Katalam, whenever its open. These quests give you legendary blood marks, which can be used to purchase the second best PvP set, or more importantly, the 3rd best PvE Accessories. Once you have an entire ultimate set, which can consist of all Soverign, or partly soverign and partly titan coin armor, and Kata accs. Then you may be ready for harder instances, like PFHM, SLNM, or IDDHM. Although the stats I think are requried for them, may not be completely right. For dps classes in, PFHM 1st boss, you need 18.5-19k Att, 4.5k crit, about 65-70k Hp. IDDHM is about 20k att, 4.5k crit, 70-75k Hp. For SLNM, i would say its about the same for PFHM. When it comes to 2nd boss you want 20-21k att, 4.5k crit (use luna buff to get an extra 1k) and probably 75-80k hp. For 3rd boss, i dont even have an idea. For heal spec classes its easier. For PFHM 1st boss, you want 65-70k 1800 healing boost, SLNM is 65-70k and maybe 1600 Healing Boost then IDDHM is 65-75k and 2000 Healing Boost. These stats may not be entirely right, but I do feel its a good basis. PFHM, as well as IDDHM have a chance to drop Royal Heart accessory boxes, which can be converted into Luminance accessories, if you have enough materials which are obtained in these instances. Luminance accessories are the current best accessories in the game for dps classes. 

**Healing Classes - Clercis and Chanters **

Healing classes are very important for end game instances. I have my own opinions about how clerics and chanters should gear up. This may be different for how some other people feel. Chanters are extremely helpful in late late game instances, like PFHM 2nd boss, 3rd boss, maybe even IDDHM. Its common to find a chanter in those instances being the main healers, while a cleric is dpsing. This is because chanters dont have the best dps, clerics can do much more dps then a chanter, therefore a chanter heals while the cleric only supports, if necessary. Because of this, in my opinion right from the start if youre playing a cleric then you should build your gear around dps, while if youre playing a chanter you should build it around healing. For clerics this includes, getting Katalam accessories, Dps Stigmas, but a Healing Boost Set, By having a magical attack set right off the bat, itll cause issues which wont allow you to solo heal in PFHM 1st boss, SLNM, IDDHM etc. A Magical Attack set is created later on. For chanters you want Healing stigmas, Heal boost set, and (heres the weird one) full titan coin accessories. For chanters, and heal spec clerics. You want to get full titan coin accessories. This is because titan coin accessories are the only accessories in the game which can be retuned, that can be obtained without much gear at all. Titan coin accessories are important because of these retunes, other accessories like Katalam and Luminance, dont have healing boost, meaning they cant be used for healing. 

**Gaining Experience**

Currently in the game theres a couple ways, to my knowledge, to gain xp. The easiest, and for the lowest geared players, doing a full Lower Udas Clear (the instance found in the top-middle part of Inggison) provides a lot of xp, even more when using a xp boost. For a bit more geared players, the elite mobs in Hanarkand (the spot in the lower right spot of Inggison) provides good xp, but the mobs are harder to kill. And for the players who are really geared, the asmo guards in Gelkmaros can be killed for a lot of xp. But these guards are very hard unless youre really geared, or with a group.

**Retunes**

In my opinion, the retunes for magic and physical classes for dps are the same. You want to get Crit/Attack on all your armor, Hp is also important but isnt necessary, and then the 4th retune can be random. I have been told before that assassins wanna focus more on crit then attack.  I cant comment on that. Retuning weapons is more difficult to explain, i was told before that an easier way to remmeber it is to have one of your weapons thats being fused to have Att, Crit, Hp, and one extra. While the other one has Att, Crit, Casting/Att speed, and one extra. It doesnt matter which one of your weapons has it, whether its the top or bottom. You dont have to worry about this if you use signal hand weapons, like a mace and shield, daggers, swords etc.  For dps spec chanters and clerics, the retunes above should be good. But for heal spec chanters and clerics, you want Healing Boost and Hp on accessories, I know some people go for Mp as well, since it can really get drained quick while healing, especially on cleric. While on armor, i was told to focus more on Phy Def, Magic Def, and Hp, as Healing Boost cant be retuned onto armor. While on mace and shield you want to focus on casting, healing boost, and hp. 

**Farming Kinah**

I personally have struggled with this as well, currently im really broke haha.  But from what ive found, a good way to make kinah is to go into like PF, SL, IDD and get the legendary and ancient boxes then open them and sell the gear to general merchants for kinah. Dont do this if someone in the group needs said armor. If its needed you shouldnt try and steal or ninja it for yourself. This also includes ultimate gear. Although ultimate gear may be better used for manastone fasterners, you can also get some good kinah from it. But again, dont steal what someone needs.

Thats all I can think of to include, if theres any questions just let me know and ill be happy to answer them! Also anyone who feels there should be any changes or additions made just let me know and ill fix them. I am a sorcerer main, so not all the information may be correct. I dont know everything about all classes, all i know is the knowledge ive acquired in months of the game that ive been back. Happy gearing!

Lots of good basic starting info in here. :) The only thing I'd add is do your daily/weekly Lunas and save your mats until you get a 75% (or 100%) kinah box craft. Use your Luna mats to craft kinah boxes. Almost nothing else in Luna craft is worth it except possibly legendary enchantment stones (if you're still working on enchanting your gear).

Yeah the only issue I have is that chanters although strong healers if they don't have a set for healing will not really be able to heal these instances, sl normal on, they are going to rely on the other classes that actually get HB buffs from their stigmas. Chanters need the aoe rejuv they also need the healing stigmas if they don't have a cast xform they will be weak healers. The only reason my alt chanter can even heal out the late instances, pf idd hard aoa, is that I have taha a good mace and adv daevas and stigmas collections cubic s minion. 950 HB is so low for end game content and to get a set for healing will take very long compared to the time it takes to just get the dps set. If people are fine with chanter doing literally 0 dmg they can get titan and struggle getting BE or SL accessories before trying to run AoA for their real end game accessories. Also idk why people think chanters dps is that bad sure if they are support its not that good because they are set up to heal cleric and sw in support are the same but a chanter in dps is literally no less dps than sw or cleric in dps. If I have dps set on I have 22.6k atk in support spec (23.3 atk dps spec) my dps is no different from sw who in the random groups always run dps. sw can also easily heal the instances my sister for example plays heal sw and she can heal idd pf by herself I don't need to help she can heal aoa and I just pop rejuv when my skills are down before/after the slime explosion. I think its good for all to have a HB set and not to dictate one class as its believed their dps is lowest

Also idk about your retunes Atk isn't in armor so I guess you mean accuracy but accuracy feels useless in PvE. HP, def, def, crit for armors. HP, atk, crit, acc accessories. if you're a healer I do the exact same and take out accuracy for the HB and for plume and bracelet take out pdef or for sw mdef.

22 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

Yeah the only issue I have is that chanters although strong healers if they don't have a set for healing will not really be able to heal these instances, sl normal on, they are going to rely on the other classes that actually get HB buffs from their stigmas. Chanters need the aoe rejuv they also need the healing stigmas if they don't have a cast xform they will be weak healers. The only reason my alt chanter can even heal out the late instances, pf idd hard aoa, is that I have taha a good mace and adv daevas and stigmas collections cubic s minion. 950 HB is so low for end game content and to get a set for healing will take very long compared to the time it takes to just get the dps set. If people are fine with chanter doing literally 0 dmg they can get titan and struggle getting BE or SL accessories before trying to run AoA for their real end game accessories. Also idk why people think chanters dps is that bad sure if they are support its not that good because they are set up to heal cleric and sw in support are the same but a chanter in dps is literally no less dps than sw or cleric in dps. If I have dps set on I have 22.6k atk in support spec (23.3 atk dps spec) my dps is no different from sw who in the random groups always run dps. sw can also easily heal the instances my sister for example plays heal sw and she can heal idd pf by herself I don't need to help she can heal aoa and I just pop rejuv when my skills are down before/after the slime explosion. I think its good for all to have a HB set and not to dictate one class as its believed their dps is lowest

Thats understandable, and im not trying to give the intention a dps chanter is bad. But for end end game instances, most groups seem to prefer a heal spec chanter instead of dps. But youre right, chanters are capable of doing either, it just depends on the group. 

22 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

Also idk about your retunes Atk isn't in armor so I guess you mean accuracy but accuracy feels useless in PvE. HP, def, def, crit for armors. HP, atk, crit, acc accessories. if you're a healer I do the exact same and take out accuracy for the HB and for plume and bracelet take out pdef or for sw mdef.

I always forget that armor doesnt have attack for retuning. Id just say crit and hp for dps classes on their armor, for the main 2 retunes. 

Yeah i'm not attacking your opinion but as a Guide I don't want people to feel Chanter = Healer and they are going to be forced into this. The reason why most people prefer the chanter is that currently and going forward the chanter is the best healing class in the game. This is fine, I also run in a 2nd group on my alt chanter which we don't run cleric or sw at all and run 2 chanter 1 dps 1 heal. I just would like people to know regardless chanter/cleric/sw if you pick the class you need to make both sets you grind kata/dem for dps and do titan for HB. Its part of picking the support class. 

Yeah, i understand that. I have found though that when explaining that to a new or returning player they get confused because they dont understand how some people want healing while others dont care or what set to build first. Even new players like clerics and heal spec chanters, they get really confused when talking about how they need to get titan coin accs and retunable weapons instead of the kata accs and like titan and kata weapons. 

Archived