Jump to content
Forums

the game is speaking korean


TheSwagger-KT

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,
i've  been playing Aion for 7 years before i quit when aion 6.0 came and i were thinking to comeback since there is no any other game could give me the same feelings i had in Aion.

a few days ago i have re-downloaded the game  ( EU Server ) to check what is new in the game but i have discovered that everything in the game is speaking korean which kinda wired for me and makes me feel like something is wrong, so i was wondering if thr NA version of Aion is the same or the game still has the english voices ?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

EU and NA versions do not speak Korean. If you didn't download the game from the official sites then delete and re-download.

are you sure ? because i have asked some ppl and the game has turned into korean for them too and they are saying it's duo to reducing the cost the company don't hire ppl to make voiceover anymore.

i downloaded the game from gameforge official website using the official client, and i have tried to delete the " l10n " folder which contain the sounds pack and re-downloaded it again using the launcher repair function but still the same and everything speaking korean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, TheSwagger-KT said:

are you sure ? because i have asked some ppl and the game has turned into korean for them too and they are saying it's duo to reducing the cost the company don't hire ppl to make voiceover anymore.

i downloaded the game from gameforge official website using the official client, and i have tried to delete the " l10n " folder which contain the sounds pack and re-downloaded it again using the launcher repair function but still the same and everything speaking korean. 

Which npcs talk korean to you? I might have not come across those then. I can check it now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Which npcs talk korean to you? I might have not come across those then. I can check it now.

i think all NPCs, try in ingission all NPCs there talking koreans.

i talk about the 7.5 version idk which version on NA servers is active now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, TheSwagger-KT said:

i think all NPCs, try in ingission all NPCs there talking koreans.

i talk about the 7.5 version idk which version on NA servers is active now

I just checked all npcs and they all speak English to me. Elyos and Asmodians Inggison and Gelkmaros etc.

I could upload the language pack somewhere then and you could download it maybe, i just need a site that has free uploading and doesn't require logins and subscriptions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I just checked all npcs and they all speak English to me. Elyos and Asmodians Inggison and Gelkmaros etc.

I could upload the language pack somewhere then and you could download it maybe, i just need a site that has free uploading and doesn't require logins and subscriptions

yes please try to upload the voice pack, you can upload them on google drive it's connected to your gmail account if you have one 
also if you have microsoft account you can enable onedrive on windows it's same as google drive and both are free

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

@TheSwagger-KT i also heard somewhere else that voices in EU are in korean now, but here in NA everything is in English.

yeah this is sad, but which version of aion is active now on NA ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

59 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

NA is on 7.5, man.

I know of literally no one else with the Korean voice problems.

Did you download the game from the correct source?

but i noticed that NA title is "Shadows Over Balaurea Now Live" but on EU it's  Wake of the Storm

idk if both are 7.5 maybe they are just different titles ?

anyway i have downloaded the game from gameforge official site and many ppl on Eu servers has the same problem they are saying it's not a bug and gamefroge kept the korean voice pack to keep the original game flavor or something like this.

well, i think if anyone can upload the english voice pack this might solve the problem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EU and NA are totally separate entities run by separate companies. They have separate titles and even differing features in their games. NA has things EU doesn't in their game, and EU has things that NA doesn't in their game.

I'm not sure why you're posting on the NA forums if you're playing the EU version of the game. It's completely and totally different. You need to be posting on the Gameforge forums to get help because what you're experiencing isn't a problem found in NA version of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

EU and NA are totally separate entities run by separate companies. They have separate titles and even differing features in their games. NA has things EU doesn't in their game, and EU has things that NA doesn't in their game.

I'm not sure why you're posting on the NA forums if you're playing the EU version of the game. It's completely and totally different. You need to be posting on the Gameforge forums to get help because what you're experiencing isn't a problem found in NA version of the game.

i know they are different companies but the core game still the same, i am posting on NA because i wanted to see if the NA version still has the english voice pack so i can copy it to my EU but any way this didn't work because the gamefroge launcher keep overwrites the english voices to korean again.

i have posted in EU communities but they said it's not a bug it's something intended from gamefroge and they will keep the korean voices .. so i was hopping if i could download the NA version to copy the voice back but sadly it doesn't work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheSwagger-KT said:

yes please try to upload the voice pack, you can upload them on google drive it's connected to your gmail account if you have one 
also if you have microsoft account you can enable onedrive on windows it's same as google drive and both are free

yeah this is sad, but which version of aion is active now on NA ?

I made a store rar file (no compression) with a simple password (to avoid getting it contaminated with any virus on the uploaded site) and I am slowly uploading it to easyupload, it is 3,3GB or something and I'll give you the link which will be available for 30 days and it will then auto delete itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it failed three times always about midway, it is not my connection, maybe it is the site I tried to upload (supposedly it supports up to 10GB per file).

My advice to you is to make a fresh download from the NA site and it will defo be in English. We only have one language in NA servers so it is not that hard for them to translate, EU tried to please so many countries by making the game int heir native language and it then flopped apparently so everyone will hear it in Korean now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TheSwagger-KT

OK, a triple post, but I uploaded the sounds folder without the folder "music" sine it was the one that made this more than 3GB (the music folder is like 2.5GB) but that has no language so it is not necessary.

Everything else is here:

https://easyupload.io/qqq738

The rar file has a password "aion", it will remain there for 30 days and it will auto delete.

Download it and let me know if this worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

@TheSwagger-KT

OK, a triple post, but I uploaded the sounds folder without the folder "music" sine it was the one that made this more than 3GB (the music folder is like 2.5GB) but that has no language so it is not necessary.

Everything else is here:

https://easyupload.io/qqq738

The rar file has a password "aion", it will remain there for 30 days and it will auto delete.

Download it and let me know if this worked.

thank you bro for your cooperation, but unfortunately the gamefroge launcher overwrites the files back to korean again.

i think i will try to play on NA i alr have ann account but the ping is over 500 ms so i will try a ping reducer .. thnx again <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheSwagger-KT said:

thank you bro for your cooperation, but unfortunately the gamefroge launcher overwrites the files back to korean again.

i think i will try to play on NA i alr have ann account but the ping is over 500 ms so i will try a ping reducer .. thnx again <3

Hm, what if you make them read only? I know I made a few files read only and the client doesn't affect them anymore. What if you paste the files after you launched the game (it wouldn't be a good solution as you would have to do it every time)

I am from Europe too and I play here with perma ping, but anywhere away from GF is better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...