Jump to content
Kibbelz

Game Team Update: Feedback Response

Recommended Posts

Nyali-DN   
1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

@Nyali-DN I personally expect this list to be more of a living list. We will continue to try working on issues on it, but new issues or concerns will appear (caused by the removal of others, or game developments, or other factors). I would like to "keep a pulse" of how we can help make the game better (from your perspective) at all times. I hope the list is never empty b/c then I don't think I'm collecting issues/ideas from you!

I appreciate your answer and I would like to point out, it's a good one too because I feel the same and agree 100%!

46 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Not the answers you may have hoped for, but I hope they give a little perspective from our side of things!

As a veteran player I kinda figured you won't be able to answer this question which is why I said, it's a tricky one, but I like to try especially with new CMs.

c26c01025de30974cfc8cdaff4cde33d.gif

Do you mind if people rearrange the priority rankings which you have shared with us as it seems a bit off to some of us while the categories stay as they are for now? Not sure if that's wanted or not, but since this is a discussion and we have the categories set, it might be easier now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King-KT   

Server transfers has been on discussion for a while now and a lot of people are disappointed that they could not transfer. You're ruining the hopes of e-daters from DN to enjoy their time here in KT. People like because-dn have been waiting for transfer since it was announced and he is also trying to get  away from his ex-girlfriend. 

Ps. Please sell us Ultimate transformation through BCM or an event, our unemployment benefits are running out and the 2nd stimulus package is coming up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, King-KT said:

Server transfers has been on discussion for a while now and a lot of people are disappointed that they could not transfer. You're ruining the hopes of e-daters from DN to enjoy their time here in KT. People like because-dn have been waiting for transfer since it was announced and he is also trying to get  away from his ex-girlfriend. 

Ps. Please sell us Ultimate transformation through BCM or an event, our unemployment benefits are running out and the 2nd stimulus package is coming up. 

PLS WE NEED TRANSFER FOR THE EDATES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, King-KT said:

Server transfers has been on discussion for a while now and a lot of people are disappointed that they could not transfer. You're ruining the hopes of e-daters from DN to enjoy their time here in KT. People like because-dn have been waiting for transfer since it was announced and he is also trying to get  away from his ex-girlfriend. 

Ps. Please sell us Ultimate transformation through BCM or an event, our unemployment benefits are running out and the 2nd stimulus package is coming up. 

@Lokiopen the flood gates and let me in! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I actually have to say I'm very impressed @kibbelz as I have never seen in my years of playing Aion someone put so much good constructive attention to the concerns of players.  Seeing this happen was actually a first for me and makes you a bit of a hero in my book.   However that being said I was disappointed to see that Siege time is so far down the list in priority.  Having the main PVP event switch to such a late time was the single biggest reason of why I went from being a fully engaged active player, a deputy in one of the largest number one legions in game to basically stop playing the game hardly at all.  Having the main PVP event (siege) starting at midnight for US EST with people needing to get up for work is simply insane.  For a game that's based here in America that makes it even more crazy!  I know maybe not that many people complained about siege as being the biggest pain point for them in the game which is why it ended up so far down your list of priorities.  But I can honestly say that before I stopped playing actively the biggest thing being talked and complained about constantly in legion chat was the siege times being so stupid.  I still  log in every now and then to say hello to my friends and sometimes catch Siege on a Saturday night when I don't have to get up for work in the morning.  And people still are talking about how crazy this siege time is.  And don't think that when the clocks fall back by one hour that is going to make a huge difference because it's still so late it's absolutely ridiculous.   So for now I will just keep logging in every now and then to say hello and to keep checking the forums to see if those times have been fixed.  In closing even though this ruined things for me to be able to play it makes me feel good to know that your finally taking some distinct action to at least clean up some other pain points soon that will make the active players lives better.  If for nothing else that someone actually cares so thank you.

Edited by HeartStrings-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm appreciated  your works Kibbelz :)

However the immediate changes you making is only keeping your players base who currently playing.
There're much more works to do please don't stop here.

I would like to say what will make me interesting in Aion again are Kinah Daily,Skills not that spamming non stop(It giving huge advantage to players with ultra low ping),Common legendary transformation and transparent scrolls(without help of events),Repurpose luna into skins again because kinah farming in luna just bad and boring(Make luna optional not requirement to gameplay),Reintroducing and updated guestblooms to housing,Lugbug needs to be optional too because now I feel it forcing me to do what it said I don't like anyone to pop up everytime I login and tell me what to do.I mean I want my own freedom to do what I want in game not instructed by game or anyone.Reintroduce instances that long gone with updated to lv80(It doesn't matter if I need or not I just want them there as my choice to do it or not :P).Tradable white gears and can remodel many times as I want(A lot of white gears need to pick new skins because I think now they're just duplicated and horrible xD)

Yes I really do see Aion's hope now only just because you actually communicate with community :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz  I want to start again with a thanks from all aion player's I have to say I have seen alot of thanks for your time and help, I know its redundant but I think you deserve the credit and @Loki as well for everything you guys do for the community!

My Biggest reason to post it to tell you we need Stigma Enchant stone's! We also need the Siege time's fixed!

If you can manage to bring back SAS, alot of people would like to see it back permanently as you had originally planned!

My last request is for us to get AP again through Herelym mine and exp, please can we have herelym mine exp and Ap back at the old 4 times a week?

other then that most people want more flight...and well there are some item's we still need to be able to WH!

You guys have done a great deal for aion please keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz @Loki

Thank you very much for the improvement you guys are making, never seen it in the last 4 years of aion something huge like that.

Here some of my feedback since the last post i didn't expected much but it seems i was completely wrong, watching the to-do priority list i can try to give some feedback on the fix, up to you guys to work it out if it's possible or not.

1 - Experience:  Shouldn't be a problem with events, but a permanent fix for it would be reducing the exp required to use experience extractors to 70m instead of the currently 175m.

2 - Events: Old events like kromede revenge's, shugo dash, shugo emperor tomb was one of the most rewarding events, bringing them back with ok rewards should be ok.

3- Currency cost: With the luna price reduce we only need to look out for the priced items in the renown npcs, experience extractos that cost 10 shouldn't be more than 3, transformation shards which gives us 1 shard shouldn't be 15 but around 5, same with other items like dusts which cost 5 should be costing 2-3.

4- Runes/Gemstone: Aquiring those should be in events since it's really rare to get one for our classes, not to mention enchanting them which should increase even further the rates as i saw in the patch notes that we have higher chance.

5- Minions: One run of minium vault rewards us from 70-90 minium rank A, so per week we get 210-270 at most, that should be increased by double, or just increase the runs from 3 to 5.

6- Second part of 7.5: We really need the 2 part of 7.5 to be implemented since it would introduce classes balance, runes balance, and way too many other quality of life things.

7- Publicity, as some people stated before bringing the smooth leveling-endgame line to a decent rate you guys should make some publicity to bring new players to the game, we have the samme community from 10 years ago, but making the game enjoyable and easy to catch up should bring more players to it's base.

8- I encourage it to pick someone from aion team to levelup a free-to-play account with no prestige/transformations/kinah or anything from 1-80 and try to reach end-game as a catch up with the currently players to look what should be changed to smooth that line.

That's it, i very much enjoy seeing aion returning to it's glory of old days and all that is thank to you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Even internally @Loki has been a godsend for helping me here on the forums, so I'm really happy to see ya'll giving him so much love <3 He deserves it for sure.

Siege Schedules are on the radar for people, but they're taking a good bit of time to implement. Hopefully the more frequent dialogues between us will make changes like this more desirable the first time (AFAIK we changed it but not to the time most people wanted?  It was right when I was joining the team)

Regarding abyssal fragments - we totally understand that some people would have earned much more, especially if they were S-rank on every character. Unfortunately, our current tech did not anticipate this outage, and there's no easy way for us to grant targeted rewards based on performance in SAS. There's no question that this would be the ideal outcome, but it would be a significant effort for the team and delay development in other areas.

With what we have, we can grant rewards per account via a survey. In the end, we made the hard choice of choosing this path. We welcome your feedback on whether you feel this was the right or wrong choice, as it will help guide us in future decisions. Wish we could offer more here.
 

How about you just make SAS give double rewards for 2 weeks. That way the ones who would have S ranked would get their missing reward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, King-KT said:

People like because-dn have been waiting for transfer since it was announced and he is also trying to get  away from his ex-girlfriend. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

 

Also, could we get a "bonus" sale on Luna in the BCM to go along with the discounted selective retune costs? Like the ones where you buy Luna and get a little extra amount thrown in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

 

Also, could we get a "bonus" sale on Luna in the BCM to go along with the discounted selective retune costs? Like the ones where you buy Luna and get a little extra amount thrown in.

Do you really think that a "bonus sale" is a good idea given the prioritization list.

You mean like adding extra P2W to the existing P2W? really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

Do you really think that a "bonus sale" is a good idea given the prioritization list.

You mean like adding extra P2W to the existing P2W? really?

These are two separate things. It's not one or the other. I'm not saying "stop prioritizing problems and give us extra Luna." I'm asking for BOTH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kibbelz said:
  • Experience: Experience can be tough to come by, and the recent disabling of Shattered Abyssal Splinter (SAS) did not make things easier. We heard your concerns in the thread, and would like to offer two actions here:
    • A compensation for the downtime of 10 Experience Crystals, 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box to each account for each day SAS has been offline. We understand that some players who achieved higher ranks may have earned more, and struggled with the best solution here. We hope this solution proves acceptable for now.
    • We recently completed our investigation of SAS, and will be bringing the Instance back online this Wednesday, 7/29. However, we also read much about the experience-related challenges you face in your recent feedback. To provide temporary assistance, we are activating a +200% Experience Bonus (300% total) event beginning on Wednesday. The event will run for three weeks through August 19th, at which point we will reassess.

 

I want to start by saying you impressed me in terms of the feedback part especially the luna change that legitimately fell on deaf ears for years at this point. This is the first time we got decent communication with our issues broken down since before 3.0. To keep on this communication train i would like to bring up the XP part of this feedback. I want to start by saying while i am someone who does 5-10 characters in SAS i think ultimately the compensation is fair based off how previous compensation has been handed out to us since 6.0. The XP bonus is nice but i would like to really get in to the issues with XP so you understand as someone new to Aion currently face and is why many new aion players walk in get to 80 then NOPE out the way they came in. 

unknown.png

This here is a list of items a new player will need to buy excluding morphing bobo coins and current progression item purchase's for current BiS progression. Even if we remove the Apostle shard bundles it is 120+ shards weekly. Even at 3x XP that is something close to a 30-40 hours grinding weekly unless there is a secret undisclosed XP grinding locations in fear of it being nerfed. While i understand they will need the renown for much of this and some of it will take a new player weeks or months to obtain the high ranks they need, It is not feasible for a new player to sustain 30+ hour grind weeks.

I am not saying these prices need a change but the acquisition of how we currently obtain XP needs a change. Currently to my knowledge(i could be very far off the mark here so someone correct me if i am wrong) XP from luna/SAS/shugo vault seem to be top tier with elites in IGG/Gelk coming in second place that will likely be bumped up to top tier during this XP event.

I understand the changes you will be able to make with out NCsoft's permission will be minimal and since the system is designed around the bot program they have introduced in Korea. The changes we need is improvements on the every day activities so the insignia's come organically that leave us with a grind if we want to go above and beyond to buy everything. Example: If you do SAS every day and a a quest or 2 + some grinding you can make 14 crystal's a week for free essentially thanks to the lebo's XP daily quest . That is organic you do in-game content and you get rewarded for doing so. Right now many of the instances feel very unrewarding. Like Esoterrace drops a yellow item for all...cool,  The problem is it gives you less exp than 1 exp crystal from SAS probably. It totally invalidates other content since these vendors are meant to be the rewarding part of the game and since they are so expensive new players leave almost instantly knowing there is 0 chance to ever catch up in the current XP issues.

Not all content needs higher XP added to it some need rates on items changed and people would be happy enough to have that for a starting change. Instances like Esoterrace,Herion(yep cant spell) Mine,IDD,PF Easy mode and all the easier content to complete feels very unrewarding. The changes to not need to be some f2p change it needs to be a change that is sustainble for both the company and the game. Using Esoterrance as an example here is something that would be organically rewarding for both the players and the company.

Esoterrance:

  • F2P version Kill boss surama - Reward x2 Experience Crystals - Repeatable 3x weekly Total Experience Crystals per week = 6
  • Presitege version - Kill boss surama - x5 Experience Crystals Repeatable 3x weekly = $15

You have to kill the boss already so it rewards the players organically through core gameplay mechanics. You reward those who are paying you a subscription fee slightly better but not so much better that it makes players feel like quitting but also tempts players to get the prestige. Beyond that you just sell Insignia's in the cash shop for those who want to outright pay for them. It is like a win win win because every player will feel like they have progression catered to them as a player. 

I hope you can see where i am coming from and it would be nice to hear some feedback on what NCwest can do for us in regards to this. The issue is we have been told you need permission from KR and when it comes to finding out the information KR passed on you guys/girls/other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

These are two separate things. It's not one or the other. I'm not saying "stop prioritizing problems and give us extra Luna." I'm asking for BOTH.

I guess I didn't express  myself clearly. You are asking for more P2W when  the community has expressed that P2W is an issue.

Based upon the list, the community does not  need or want  "bonuses" to encourage the large marine mammals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Selective Retuning: The next game update will contain a change targeted at making Selective Retuning a less painful experience by reducing the cost from 160 Luna per retune to 20 Luna. We read a lot about the pains of RNG, and this was one area where we felt confident to make an immediate change.

@Kibbelz This change is awesome, thank you :)

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Experience: Experience can be tough to come by, and the recent disabling of Shattered Abyssal Splinter (SAS) did not make things easier. We heard your concerns in the thread, and would like to offer two actions here:

  • A compensation for the downtime of 10 Experience Crystals, 10 Abyssal Fragments, and 1 Untradable Mysterious Recovery Serum Box to each account for each day SAS has been offline. We understand that some players who achieved higher ranks may have earned more, and struggled with the best solution here. We hope this solution proves acceptable for now.
  • We recently completed our investigation of SAS, and will be bringing the Instance back online this Wednesday, 7/29. However, we also read much about the experience-related challenges you face in your recent feedback. To provide temporary assistance, we are activating a +200% Experience Bonus (300% total) event beginning on Wednesday. The event will run for three weeks through August 19th, at which point we will reassess.

Again this is great, thank you.

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Stigma Enchantment Rates: Shortly after reviewing your feedback together, the team requested an update to Wednesday’s patch to permanently increase stigma enchantment rates for +9 and higher to 30%. Thank you for sharing your feedback in this area; it was clear that 20% was a major pain point, and this was something we could easily address.

This is a pretty good start to help players, I still would like to see something to help players who have not reached + 9 stigmas. Its still brutal to even reach +9 at all. Perhaps something like a +6 safe spot would be a helpful change or increased rates up to +9.

Again thank you for the awesome changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think the changes are very good, and I congratulate them on their efforts to make aion a pleasant game. But, there is something that bothers me too much and I think that many do too, and that is that people abuse in sieges by trading with Asmodean accounts to rank much more and tried to report that but I never succeed I hope you can investigate more and see In sieges like the top rank of glory points they abuse that, and seriously it is annoying because we all want to get rank and according to me trade is illegal. And I hope that the contribution is in another way, not only by killing adds, since not all of us are far-reaching to kill adds that are above the fortresses and that it is only by breaking doors and killing the boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz thanks for take our feedback , and can we have an incoming event with stigma enchant stones again ? please sell stigma enchant stones at BCM again like $50 for x65 stones.

rates changed but we still don't have stones to enchant our stigmas , we can't make them without vanilla-anti-cheat users , only they can farm stones with x100 or more accounts.

I know we can get 2-3 stones per week , but it take too long take years to make one +15 ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, formyown-KT said:

 

I think the changes are very good, and I congratulate them on their efforts to make aion a pleasant game. But, there is something that bothers me too much and I think that many do too, and that is that people abuse in sieges by trading with Asmodean accounts to rank much more and tried to report that but I never succeed I hope you can investigate more and see In sieges like the top rank of glory points they abuse that, and seriously it is annoying because we all want to get rank and according to me trade is illegal. And I hope that the contribution is in another way, not only by killing adds, since not all of us are far-reaching to kill adds that are above the fortresses and that it is only by breaking doors and killing the boss.

You have some interesting points. However I doubt that high ranks are trading with the opposite faction as much some (NOT all) have a mutual "cease fire"  - they simply ignore specific people or even legions. It's fairly clear that certain people can literally stand next to the other faction and get ignored  during a siege unless some random player happens upon them.

Not much that can be done without having one or more GMs actively monitoring sieges based upon player reports, which I really doubt they'll do.

Edited by Rapier-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I want to start by saying you impressed me in terms of the feedback part especially the luna change that legitimately fell on deaf ears for years at this point. This is the first time we got decent communication with our issues broken down since before 3.0. To keep on this communication train i would like to bring up the XP part of this feedback. I want to start by saying while i am someone who does 5-10 characters in SAS i think ultimately the compensation is fair based off how previous compensation has been handed out to us since 6.0. The XP bonus is nice but i would like to really get in to the issues with XP so you understand as someone new to Aion currently face and is why many new aion players walk in get to 80 then NOPE out the way they came in. 

unknown.png

This here is a list of items a new player will need to buy excluding morphing bobo coins and current progression item purchase's for current BiS progression. Even if we remove the Apostle shard bundles it is 120+ shards weekly. Even at 3x XP that is something close to a 30-40 hours grinding weekly unless there is a secret undisclosed XP grinding locations in fear of it being nerfed. While i understand they will need the renown for much of this and some of it will take a new player weeks or months to obtain the high ranks they need, It is not feasible for a new player to sustain 30+ hour grind weeks.

I am not saying these prices need a change but the acquisition of how we currently obtain XP needs a change. Currently to my knowledge(i could be very far off the mark here so someone correct me if i am wrong) XP from luna/SAS/shugo vault seem to be top tier with elites in IGG/Gelk coming in second place that will likely be bumped up to top tier during this XP event.

I understand the changes you will be able to make with out NCsoft's permission will be minimal and since the system is designed around the bot program they have introduced in Korea. The changes we need is improvements on the every day activities so the insignia's come organically that leave us with a grind if we want to go above and beyond to buy everything. Example: If you do SAS every day and a a quest or 2 + some grinding you can make 14 crystal's a week for free essentially thanks to the lebo's XP daily quest . That is organic you do in-game content and you get rewarded for doing so. Right now many of the instances feel very unrewarding. Like Esoterrace drops a yellow item for all...cool,  The problem is it gives you less exp than 1 exp crystal from SAS probably. It totally invalidates other content since these vendors are meant to be the rewarding part of the game and since they are so expensive new players leave almost instantly knowing there is 0 chance to ever catch up in the current XP issues.

Not all content needs higher XP added to it some need rates on items changed and people would be happy enough to have that for a starting change. Instances like Esoterrace,Herion(yep cant spell) Mine,IDD,PF Easy mode and all the easier content to complete feels very unrewarding. The changes to not need to be some f2p change it needs to be a change that is sustainble for both the company and the game. Using Esoterrance as an example here is something that would be organically rewarding for both the players and the company.

Esoterrance:

  • F2P version Kill boss surama - Reward x2 Experience Crystals - Repeatable 3x weekly Total Experience Crystals per week = 6
  • Presitege version - Kill boss surama - x5 Experience Crystals Repeatable 3x weekly = $15

You have to kill the boss already so it rewards the players organically through core gameplay mechanics. You reward those who are paying you a subscription fee slightly better but not so much better that it makes players feel like quitting but also tempts players to get the prestige. Beyond that you just sell Insignia's in the cash shop for those who want to outright pay for them. It is like a win win win because every player will feel like they have progression catered to them as a player. 

I hope you can see where i am coming from and it would be nice to hear some feedback on what NCwest can do for us in regards to this. The issue is we have been told you need permission from KR and when it comes to finding out the information KR passed on you guys/girls/other. 

@Kibbelz kibbelz squid here is correct, please look more at this post and try to show to dev's please thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz Can you please tell us what level of Aetherforgeing we need for tomorrow's Event? Many of us haven't even reached lvl 100 yet because crafting is painfully slow and the recipes aren't particularly useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

its another rubbish p2w BCM enchant stone event!!! I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK TO AION BECUASE OF EVENTS LIKE THESE!!!!

I WILL NEVER PAY NCSOFT ANOTHER PENNY BECUASE OF EVENTS LIKE THESE!!!!!!

THIS BCM ENCHANT STONE BULLSHIT IS NOT HOW YOU MAKE REVENUE TELL NCSOFT TO SAY GOODBYE TO AION BECUASE OF EVENTS LIKE THESE!!!!!

STOP THE BCM MICROTRANSACTION BULLSHIT!!!! BLIZZARD MAKES THE MONEY THEY DO BECUASE OF MEMBERSHIP'S!!! I WOULD RATHER PAY TO PLAY!!!!!! 

Edited by Arkaida-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×