Game Team Update: Feedback Response

Arctic

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Imagine burning all our stock now and get nothing trolled by Rng, then comes 8.0 asking 1k fragments per piece to purify our Dark Talon LOL

That's ridiculous! u.u I remember when I was working on my ultimate DT gear, it was already a pain to farm all those mats. The EC survey (for the time EC was not working) totally saved me back then. If I didn't get those back then, I would be SUPER behind on game content. Just imagine how new players feel?! And now this event (it sounded great and was very promising) arrives with such bad rates with the goal to empty our resources with nothing in return. I feel robbed... not helped by this event. x.x

40 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Imagine burning all our stock now and get nothing trolled by Rng, then comes 8.0 asking 2k Fighting fragments per piece to purify our Dark Talon LOL

to be honest, Im really hoping that if 8.0 comes out, this time you cannot get any compensation/purified gear using the 6.x and 7.x gears, start from scrastch and DT will just be useful at start, but worse that the legendary-equivalent of that patch.

Now on topic: I wish the 20 hr CD for craft would let us craft twice per day, so we can have some extra stuff by the end of the event.

So the new event we have now, these with 300+ crafting to do with the 20h cd we won't be able to go through all of them so we are forced to use the proc version that have a very high chance of procing and so we lose the bundle.........at least if you are not willing to change the 20h cd limit or maybe make it twice per craft , or make the kinah box worth the pain....not 500.000 kinah come on s:

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Okay so this is scary to me to see @Vantheria-DN. It might mean I am not communicating well - let me try a little here, and see how it goes. Maybe more explanation will be in order.

First, there are several items that were Popularity #1. Screencapping just the top one and calling it our #1 priority could seed some serious misunderstanding for other players.

OnqJVRj.png

Popularity is a factor in helping us determine priority, but popularity =/ priority. We will make an effort to solve the issues around RNG, but Aion is Free to Play, and so has a monetization model that is not based on game sales. I expect to find RNG to be a very sensitive issue with many people throughout the team who care about how it's implemented.  It will take time and careful consideration to find our resolutions here. It will not be weeks, it will be months, so while it's a top priority it's likely not #1.

To discuss Priorities, our priorities for the next game team update are currently focused around Prestige, Transformations, Siege Schedule, and the Arena Compensation. This could change, but it's where we're currently at. I can't stress enough that this is all going to take time. Please don't try to spread unrealistic expectations. This is a major shift in direction from how Aion has been operating thus far, and everything I've learned has taught me that big ships take time to change their heading. Hopefully we can be partners in making that happen.

Edit: Sorry for the serious post, I just want to make sure I'm sending the right message amidst all this.

When you talk about a major shift in the direction from how Aion has been operating thus far is big words. The thing is currently the issues you have chosen to tackle right off the bat as a team is...well how to say it, Ambitious. Forgive me if this comes across passive aggressive because it is not intended at all.

Let me start with Prestige because this will give you an incite as to why they are ambitious, The Prestige pack has always been dwarfed by events and recently in 5.0/6.0/7.0 is dwarfed by Luna.

Players right now are not going to choose to subscribe if players who do not have to pay can get stuff they can get with-out even having to actually play the game. What i mean by not play the game is living in luna, Luna has a mechanic where you can AFK inside the instance get S rank get free luna lights and get 10s of billions of kinah through using dozens of accounts. There is almost nothing you can not buy in this game with-out kinah. Something the Aion developers fail to understand thusfar is that the NA region are a lazy region getting something for free even if it is boring = better than playing the game and struggling.

Beyond this you have events, Going by cash shop prices some events from the start of 6.0 till now have given over $1500s worth of items from single events. Prestige is 180 total a year single events are giving more value than prestige ever has while some may debate this people have gotten transforms that cost 1000s to obtain if you used the cash shop with out events. Again events are fine being strong but the issue is the value of playing the game is so low due to the issue Vantheria made a meme about and screen capping the top issue.

This is why you see an upset when it comes to the rates for this new event because we have had events in the past that were stronger than playing the game.

If the team fails this first task of making a good Prestige system worth paying for and makes the game worth playing over afking then the major shift will fall short on its first mission. Also we have received more communication from you in the past 2 weeks than we have received from the past like 4 years so you are currently going in the right direction for the major shift.

does anyone know the logic of ncsof giving lugbug missions a legendary transformation totally unusable, i play sin and received a legendary transformation for magician (modor) with magic crit boost, magic acc, magic atack and i can't believe i invested more 8 hours a day, every day, to achieve this transformation and that if I want to TRY again I will have to shell out $ 50 for 2 legendary breath of transformation and spend another 2 months dedicating the day to get another one that may not be for my class again, I am leaving the game today after returning to 3 months after 7 years without playing, because I could not understand the logic of this except to force players to pay dearly for the uncertain, I played on average 10-12 hours a day in that period and now I see that really who doesn't pay to play will be left behind even if they dedicate 100% of their time to the game as I did in those 3 months, I will return to playing league of legends (great example of j ogo de sucess f2p) or counter strike because I completely lost interest in investing in this game, be it time or money. Great game for those who have a lot of money to invest, but for those who don't spend, it will be impossible to get close to the level of those who inevste $ 100- $ 250 + per month, in other words, the game is for p2w, and those who can't pay, can participate, either 1 hour a day or up to 24 hours, you will only participate.

6 minutes ago, HueBr-DN said:

does anyone know the logic of ncsof giving lugbug missions a legendary transformation totally unusable, i play sin and received a legendary transformation for magician (modor) with magic crit boost, magic acc, magic atack and i can't believe i invested more 8 hours a day, every day, to achieve this transformation and that if I want to TRY again I will have to shell out $ 50 for 2 legendary breath of transformation and spend another 2 months dedicating the day to get another one that may not be for my class again, I am leaving the game today after returning to 3 months after 7 years without playing, because I could not understand the logic of this except to force players to pay dearly for the uncertain, I played on average 10-12 hours a day in that period and now I see that really who doesn't pay to play will be left behind even if they dedicate 100% of their time to the game as I did in those 3 months, I will return to playing league of legends (great example of j ogo de sucess f2p) or counter strike because I completely lost interest in investing in this game, be it time or money. Great game for those who have a lot of money to invest, but for those who don't spend, it will be impossible to get close to the level of those who inevste $ 100- $ 250 + per month, in other words, the game is for p2w, and those who can't pay, can participate, either 1 hour a day or up to 24 hours, you will only participate.

You can get a free legendary breath of transformation every calendar month from the BCM

Thanks for the info, I'm going to play these 15 days left to finish the vpn I use and evaluate if it's worth it to stay in the game or not, as I said I returned to the game a short time ago and really a lot has changed, things are still difficult for those who pay and for those who do not pay for the difficulty this surreal, the ncsoft staff could put at least one selectable transformation box to be worth these 2 months, if not to get a certain legendary it can take up to 1 year and the ultimate 1 life!

I would like a lot of these new items from the patch and events be put into our special cube. In the past most of these items were put there but now they aren't such as blood marks, coins etc.

I would also like to see stuff for more bag space made available such as Shugo Butler's Cabinet and Cute Fungus Cabinet along other Cabinets please, thank you! :3

On 7/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Players right now are not going to choose to subscribe if players who do not have to pay can get stuff they can get with-out even having to actually play the game. What i mean by not play the game is living in luna, Luna has a mechanic where you can AFK inside the instance get S rank get free luna lights and get 10s of billions of kinah through using dozens of accounts. There is almost nothing you can not buy in this game with-out kinah. Something the Aion developers fail to understand thusfar is that the NA region are a lazy region getting something for free even if it is boring = better than playing the game and struggling.

There is literally NO ONE getting 10s of billions of kinah through luna.  The recipes are random each day for starters.  The bundle gives 5m to 100m.. but youre going to get 5-10m.  Also consider the amount of time and resources it would take to do that.  1 PC= 2 clients.  2 clients of 12 toons is 4 hours (20 mins each approximately).   Its hard enough on your PC hardware to run 1 client through siege, and 2 for anything else.  The idea that people would effectively run more clients and cost themselves RL money is pretty far fetched.  Also the luna light isnt the crafting material that runs out the most.   So anyone telling you thats how they got kinah is nyerking your leg.  They either: 1. sold loot rights (which were advertised on both sides of KT for 350m/chance and now 150m-200m for PF bosses)  and used the bid to move kinah or 2. Bought the kinah and again used the bid to avoid broker fees.  So while you kinda have the right idea that kinah is hard to obtain,  your reasoning why is skewed a little bit.  But on the other hand MOST things in the game cant be bought anymore so why do you need 10s of bajillion kinahs anyways?  Even event items that can be brokered are usually down to reasonable prices by the end of those events anyways.

I could run four accounts of luna on my comp at the same time and still do other things. .-. The mobo and i5 CPU are both from 2012, 16 GB RAM, 1660 TI gfx card, and SSD. If I used my husband's computer, that's another four. Two crappy laptops are potentially two to four more clients. 

It's really not as difficult as you think, especially if you have a program that violates the TOS to do things for you on multiple accounts while you sleep.

10s of billions might be an exaggeration, but you can still make good kinah off it if you wanted to.

2 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

There is literally NO ONE getting 10s of billions of kinah through luna.  The recipes are random each day for starters.  The bundle gives 5m to 100m.. but youre going to get 5-10m.  Also consider the amount of time and resources it would take to do that.  1 PC= 2 clients.  2 clients of 12 toons is 4 hours (20 mins each approximately).   Its hard enough on your PC hardware to run 1 client through siege, and 2 for anything else.  The idea that people would effectively run more clients and cost themselves RL money is pretty far fetched.  Also the luna light isnt the crafting material that runs out the most.   So anyone telling you thats how they got kinah is nyerking your leg.  They either: 1. sold loot rights (which were advertised on both sides of KT for 350m/chance and now 150m-200m for PF bosses)  and used the bid to move kinah or 2. Bought the kinah and again used the bid to avoid broker fees.  So while you kinda have the right idea that kinah is hard to obtain,  your reasoning why is skewed a little bit.  But on the other hand MOST things in the game cant be bought anymore so why do you need 10s of bajillion kinahs anyways?  Even event items that can be brokered are usually down to reasonable prices by the end of those events anyways.

I guess i needed to go far more in-depth. First tho you can run more than 2 clients with out doing anything shady so long as you know how to us the window's 10 features. If i had of gone more in-depth here is what i would of said.

Players have accumulated 10s of billions over the months from doing luna day in day out over the course of their time playing since the kinah bundle was added in. This is obviously something a player will not get in a week or 2 but with persistence you can get billions with 0 effort aside from logging accounts in to afk luna. How often do you fail luna if you afk it? Rarely, I think maybe 1 in every few 100 you get an A rank instead of an S rank. Keeping this in mind you basically get 24 luna lights daily with the odd week getting 1 or 2 less if you stuck to the 2 client per PC rule. Taking in to account say 4 luna lights = 1 100% bundle(i forget if it was 3 or 4 or could be both) that is 6 bundles every day worth of luna lights spread across your 24 characters on 2 accounts.

I would say the average amount of kinah you get from luna kinah bundles is the 10m amount. Yes you get the 5m often but the bonus 20m here 20m there and the 100m jackpot would def event it out to 10m+ but we will keep it at 10m for the sake of making things easier. This means every single day you earn 60m kinah worth of luna lights. Looking at the bigger picture if you actually commit and do it every day, In 30 days that would be 1.8b per 2 accounts of 12. You will eventually see the bundle pop up so you will eventually be able to convert all your materials. It is about commitment to the boring mundane task that is not playing Aion for so long that it is actually rewarding. This is excluding the fact that many swear it is more worth to get the 75% bundle for 2 luna lights? or was it 1 or both i totally forget these prices. 

Taking this in to account if you did 4 accounts at the same time you double that to 3.6b per 30 days it only takes 3 months to get over 10 billion raw kinah excluding broker fees of course. Now if players who were cheating were doing a dozen accounts in a day think about how much that is per month. 

As for luna lights not being the bottle neck i guess there could be the potential of my friends and I not running out of 5.0 luna materials thus creating a situation where we simply have more issues with luna lights. 

You need 10s of billions if you miss out on specific events that are game changing or you wait months or years and hope those game changing events come back around.

1 hour ago, Buffillaan-KT said:

Why multi account and alt army thing is tolerated??

It's so stupid and harms players and game company... so why is it still here?!

How? Not having reasonable play-able mechanics hurts the company and harm's players more than people running alt armies so that should be the priority over removing how some may enjoy playing the game. You can not take away a players enjoyment and then they will start doing something else they will more than likely just rage quit the game thus removing even more players from your product.

To fix current issues the play-able mechanics need serious buffs that make players feel enjoyment when participating in said content.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:50 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

I guess i needed to go far more in-depth. First tho you can run more than 2 clients with out doing anything shady so long as you know how to us the window's 10 features. If i had of gone more in-depth here is what i would of said

...*the truth*

You need 10s of billions if you miss out on specific events that are game changing or you wait months or years and hope those game changing events come back around.

Not to mention that luna kinah box farming is the only real kinah generating thing. You do not need broker to sell something, you do not need to sell items/drops on npc (and fall into the max kinah earning per week per account), you simply make kinah out of thin air.

24  h - that's all we have...

in normal day I will sacrifice about 3 h to Aion Gods:

I must do mandatory AFK Luna's, SAS's, xp LUT, MV and, and, and... my time is almost over... wt*!!!

Nobody even seen me on the OW map or group instances!

But I want actually to  PLAY THE GAME! 

When???

On 7/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts on the post/progress - it's been very encouraging to read! It's been a busy day so I haven't been able to chat here much, but rest assured I'll make it through all your additional feedback.

I wanted to provide a small detail that we may have overlooked in the initial post to head off any confusion - the Luna change will be deployed during the next game update, but this does not include maintenance windows such as the one tomorrow. It shouldn't be more than a month, though delays are possible. Looking forward to having it to you soon!

Thanks again for all the kind messages. I will be sure to share your appreciation with the team.

@Kibbelz Can you please explain this further. When you said the next game update, I assumed that meant the next emergency maintenance. Which we had today, which both servers to got, and the luna charge is still 160. So what exactly is a game update, thats not the weekly maintenance? 

43 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

@Kibbelz Can you please explain this further. When you said the next game update, I assumed that meant the next emergency maintenance. Which we had today, which both servers to got, and the luna charge is still 160. So what exactly is a game update, thats not the weekly maintenance? 

Game updates are the big patches, when new stuff gets added and there Is some class balance.

In another comment Kibbelz mentioned the updates should be here in a month if everything goes right, so gotta wait during august.

Things I dislike in 7.5+ is that there is a ton of exclusive content for big legions or statics groups and not for everyone.

1. Getting top items (for pvp too) via PVE means is a big fat no.
  2. Having special items exclusively via world bosses like Dazzling Gemstones or those special weapons and gear, there has to be a way for people to combine lower tier gemstones and runes for higher tier ones, and those weapons should be available in another way as well. The way it is now is not solo friendly or small legion friendly, you are forcing the people who are not professionals to stop engaging in the game at all since the majority of things revolve around highly geared static groups or legions that try to get that exclusive content for themselves.

You should be able to reach absolute end game gear/content without the need to be part of a zerg.

Archived