Aetherforge Masters - Hello?!

Hoarror-KT

So, here we are again, on forums voicing our opinion about an event. Aetherforge Masters had promise, key word HAD. Did anyone from NCsoft actually test the 'Greater Output' for the event @Kibbelz or @Loki

What  'Greater Output' used to mean is you had a low chance to proc, lets say in this scenario the '[Event] Balaurea Kinah Box' is considered a 'Critical Output' or a 'Greater Output'. Why, out of 124 crafts did I get 96 [Event] Balaurea Kinah Box? Thats NOT how  'Critical Output' or a 'Greater Output' usually works in AION for crafting, in fact the  'Critical Output' or a 'Greater Output' should have been '[Event] Balaurea Crafting Request Bundle'... But, on the flip side, if our math from above is correct I should have had a 77% chance to craft a '+15 Stigma Selection Box' (**Spoiler Didn't Crit to a 'Greater Output') with three chances to proc it. And, I am fully aware that there are other players that have had way more attempts than I had to proc a 'Critical Output' or a 'Greater Output', all failing. 

PLEASE for the love all our sanity, please, please, please, check the ratios for this event, if they are 'Working as intended' I fear instead of moving a couple steps forward from previous forum posts, you are now leaping backwards. If anything PLEASE switch '[Event] Balaurea Crafting Request Bundle' to be the 'Critical Output' or a 'Greater Output'.

When I saw the proc was kinah boxes I thought it might be insane amounts, then when I scrolled down the event page and saw it was only 500k I had a feeling the proc rate would be very high and getting the "critical output" would be more of a punishment than reward. Which means the proc for the good rewards is probably very low. So sad it turned out to be true, this was my only hope to ever get +15 stigmas. :(

Sadly this is probably how it's intended to be. They wouldn't just hand out +15 stigmas to everyone.

I personally did 30 tries on the [Event] Balaurea Crafting Request Bundle, i would say that's a big sample size, getting 25 '[Event] Balaurea Kinah Box, that means 25 critical output on somewhere arround 70-80% making me waste months and a lot of hours of farming and getting these materials, into 12million kinah..., by the other hand like Aoezy says the critical proc on the other boxes are not existant.

i had a legion mate do 6 craft with BCM STIGMA ENCHANT STONE and he got 18 [Event] Balaurea Crafting Request Bundle, meaning you giving a HUGEEEE priority to ppl getting these items from stuff bough on the bcm which is fine, if it had the same ratios for the regular craft with the materias obtained in game.

an Event should be an oportunity for the player to get something extra from the game, not for the game to take stuff from the player... just have the decency to repond to this topic and have some respect for the players while doing it please. @Kibbelz

1 minute ago, Ninah-KT said:

an Event should be something for the player to get something extra from the game, not for the game to take stuff from the player

This one hit me hard because I agree 100%. I literally feel robbed by this event and not given any rewards. I'm glad I didn't craft as much but I've been seeing others and it's sad to see such a promising event go to waste once again because of terrible rates. This event was intended to help us, the community, not to waste our resource which we have farmed for the past 1-2 years, just so we're empty handed for the next patch. x.x

From the start, the moment I saw the proc was 500k kinah,  I knew that's a no no.

Im pretty sure that crafting option is either a noob trap or a resource-sink so people who has stocks and stocks of the needed mats would dump em there (also for the impatient people).

It sucks but is not something that surprises me a this point, gonna stick to the daily ones (or use kinah on the BCM stones).

on a totally side note: the stigma box that costs 60 tickets, someone knows if the box is class specific based on the toon opening it or you can pick for any class you want?

4 minutes ago, Serilda-DN said:

on a totally side note: the stigma box that costs 60 tickets, someone knows if the box is class specific based on the toon opening it or you can pick for any class you want?

From what I have heard from people who got lucky to get a stigma from the event, you get to pick your class and the stigma itself, the stigma then becomes tradable.

I tried with x540  [Event] Balaurea Crafting Request or 54 attemps (180 BCM Legendary Stones) for the "+15 Stigma Selection" i was expecting to get at least 1 crit since i know the rates are low but I GOT NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, like for real? chances are low but this seems impossible to get.... Events are supposed to make things easier not to exploit players items or kinah trying luck on things that will never proc, from 54 attemps nothing what's the % of crit of that? less than 5%? Like yeah the rate is low but it's an event give ppl some hope at least one crit every 30 attemps so they keep spending and farming, not like this, literally felt i throw 180 stones (35m each) to the garbage.

2 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

From what I have heard from people who got lucky to get a stigma from the event, you get to pick your class and the stigma itself, the stigma then becomes tradable.

tenor.gif?itemid=6219985

Time to dust off the EC compensation and that "Stay logged 6 hours" even rewards from my warehouse.

• Aion Team
23 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Kibbelz/Loki to their bosses: Players are tired of rng. It's priority #1 on our ranking list.
YSDgySp.jpg

Bosses: Gotcha!
Bosses: ...
Bosses: So here's how our new event is gonna go with lots of unfavorable rng.

Okay so this is scary to me to see @Vantheria-DN. It might mean I am not communicating well - let me try a little here, and see how it goes. Maybe more explanation will be in order.

First, there are several items that were Popularity #1. Screencapping just the top one and calling it our #1 priority could seed some serious misunderstanding for other players.

OnqJVRj.png

Popularity is a factor in helping us determine priority, but popularity =/ priority. We will make an effort to solve the issues around RNG, but Aion is Free to Play, and so has a monetization model that is not based on game sales. I expect to find RNG to be a very sensitive issue with many people throughout the team who care about how it's implemented.  It will take time and careful consideration to find our resolutions here. It will not be weeks, it will be months, so while it's a top priority it's likely not #1.

To discuss Priorities, our priorities for the next game team update are currently focused around Prestige, Transformations, Siege Schedule, and the Arena Compensation. This could change, but it's where we're currently at. I can't stress enough that this is all going to take time. Please don't try to spread unrealistic expectations. This is a major shift in direction from how Aion has been operating thus far, and everything I've learned has taught me that big ships take time to change their heading. Hopefully we can be partners in making that happen.

Edit: Sorry for the serious post, I just want to make sure I'm sending the right message amidst all this.

• Aion Team
4 minutes ago, AOEzy-KT said:

Though I appreciate the clarification about what Vantheria said @Kibbelz.

But, what about the original post? And also, do the BCM items have a higher chance for [Event] Balaurea Crafting Request Bundle?

Let me look into it now. Thanks for calling it out.

1 hour ago, Nyali-DN said:

This one hit me hard because I agree 100%. I literally feel robbed by this event and not given any rewards. I'm glad I didn't craft as much but I've been seeing others and it's sad to see such a promising event go to waste once again because of terrible rates. This event was intended to help us, the community, not to waste our resource which we have farmed for the past 1-2 years, just so we're empty handed for the next patch. x.x

That's exactly how I feel. Robbed. I did 28 tryes on the box that crits gives stigma +15...Not even 1 succeded. It took me lots of BCM enchant that I bought from broker, spirit fragments and etiums that I saved from years. Seriously, I just don't want to log in to the game. Very frustrating.

did u really think that u was gonna get all your +15 stigmas without pay a lot of money¿ welcome to Aion, u have 3 ways to progress on this:
1.- Clean your wallet and get it by yourself
2.- Farm a lot of alts everyday for MONTHS, then u could get almost the same, without pay it
3.- Follow the step 1 and buy from other guy with more luck than you

This guide applies for EVERYTHING in aion, your welcome.

@Kibbelz Another good way to manage these events is pre-post them for 3-4 days so the community can discuss if the rewards, the chances and the required time consuming is worth.

If this event was discussed 4 days ago and we knew that the craft proc rate for the kinah bundle was around 80% we would sugest increase the kinah quantity or lowering the chances.

@Kibbelz I am very disappointed in this event. I was so excited yesterday, and thought I would be able to progress further into the game and close the gap between me and the p2w players, just a tiny bit more. But if im lucky, ill only get 1-2 stigmas, if that. Theres the chance I may not even get one. I crafted 57 "<[Event] Balaurea Crafting Request Bundle>" only to get 14 of them. So I spent 430 Ultimate Etium (that ive been been collecting since the release of it) for 21.5m. This is very disappointing. I understand that you guys cant just give them out like candy, but it shouldnt be this low. Ive seen people in lfg that opened a lot of the Request Bundles, and didnt get one proc for a 10.  If there was a 40-50% chance to get a proc and get 10 marks out of the bundle, these rates would be COMPLETELY understandable. But I probably wont even get 1 proc in the 16 bundles I have, and I may not even get 1 proc in the 50 bundles by the end of this event (I calculated 50 as I saved enough Etium so I can do the 20 hour craft everyday till the end of the event, but thats all i have enough for). Thats so upsetting. Theres a possibility I may not even be able to have a single chance on the stigma box, which is what I was most excited about. 

I did 80 crafts and got like 10 non procs (funny how they put the useless kinah reward as a critical success, as if we asked for it).

then obviously the other recipes I tried to craft all failed to proc and I got some useless junk.

This event is already over. I'll probably burn my alts' junk to see if I get something good but that is practically it.

• Aion Team

Interesting idea @Haon-KT. It would likely be weeks ahead rather than days, b/c of how long implementation can take, but it is an interesting suggestion! Could be a part of how we approach addressing the 'Events' Topic which was a little lower in popularity, but should be easier for us to tackle on our end.

I just started playing again after being gone a couple of years and just saw the event and though oh look something to help maybe catch up after being gone for so long; and after reading this sounds disheartening and sad but what else should i have expected from Aion, Aion is Aion (rice is rice Jo Koy reference)
Am glad I read this first and that the forums are still being used. Since this event wont really be for new or returning players I'll just play the game normally.
Thank you everyone for the input.

Imagine having a thread relating to the playerbase's concerns and then this is the "event" that followed it up.. Technically this "event" isn't for anyone but people with very large amounts of items. So I guess the p2w people again because this "event" can't be for casual players, returning or new players.

I hope we can get events like Smoldering Fire Temple (Kromede) or Capt. Grogget's Revenge again soon, I prefer events that have a bonus instance to run and have a chance at a good prize even if I only end up small prizes, its still fun to run the instance. They could even put the extendable weapon box as a prize and make alot of money selling those keys and reset scrolls. 

Did 13 craft attempts all 13 gave me kinah boxes...normally I want kinah...but not for this cost of the mats it takes... at least not half a mil, that's crap. Remove the 20 hour CD please or up the kinah rates! This event is rubbish with the current way it's setup!  Seriously do you guys even play Aion? These mats are not easy to get even with the Windeil NPC and using alts to transfer fighting frags.... Should of picked an easier item to get to use for mats not something we NEED to do anything in the game.... I had such great hopes for this event...but you guys Neyrked it up...go figure >.<

Archived