A little unclear about the Token-based Restoration Policy

Lad-DN

Specifically the part about item transfers. (This is the restoration if anyone doesn't already know about it)

If you wish to request a Consumed Item Restoration, an Item Refund, an Item Reboxing, an Enchant Fail Restoration, an Item Remodeling & Armsfusion restoration, or an Item Transfer, we may be able to help based on the eligibility criteria below.

• Item Transfer:

• The item was obtained no longer than 90 days before you created your request.

• The characters must be on the same account.

• You have enough restoration tokens on your account (one for each item).

Certain items are not eligible to be transferred. The NCSOFT Support Team will let you know if your item is eligible to be transferred in response to your request.

The first time I requested an item to be transferred (an untradeable skin received on that day) I got this as a response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Aion Support Team.

Unfortunately, the item you wish to transfer is not eligible. Please note that items that can be moved across accounts can only be done via the Account Warehouse. Your understanding is appreciated.

If there is anything else, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Kairun
NCSOFT Support Team

The second time I requested an armor box from a quest reward and this was the response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Aion Game Support Team.

After reviewing your request, we have verified that the item in question is not eligible to be transferred since it is only intended to benefit the character who acquired the item. Items that are intended to be transferred can be done by players themselves in-game. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide assistance in this case. 

You may check the full details of the Token-based Restoration Policy here: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035447472

Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

GM SAI
NCSOFT Support Team

Which was slightly more understandable since it was a quest reward and I was just being hopeful, but at the same time it gives me 0 idea on what items can actually be transferred.

From these 2 responses it seems like only items that can be put in the account warehouse are eligible... in that case... what's the point of having an option for item transfers in the first place? 

And with the 90 day rule, it's not even helpful for someone who wants to transfer over an old untradeable skin between characters. All I was given was a link to the restoration policy page, that tells me the items can't be over 90 days old and the characters have to be on the same account. For me that was the case in both instances, but apparently nothing that warrants using a token to transfer can actually be transferred? :/

I got a similar response. When asking to transfer titan coins (i didnt think it would work in the first place)

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Aion Support Team.

I understand that you wish to transfer the Titan Coins to your other character. However, it is intended that transferable items can only be moved through player-to-player trades, Account Warehouse, or Broker. That being said, I'm afraid I have to deny your request this time. Your understanding is appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if you have any other questions."

And then I replied and asked why not, since it says you can transfer items to characters in the same account and they replied

"As for your concern, we can transfer the item if it is eligible to transfer.  Please be reminded that some items, including Titan Coin, cannot be moved across characters and accounts since it is intended to benefit the character who acquired it. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. "

So, from this i assume theres not much you can transfer. It has to be seen as an item that cant benefit the player that acquired it, i guess. Which honestly doesnt seem like anything.

7 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

So, from this i assume theres not much you can transfer. It has to be seen as an item that cant benefit the player that acquired it, i guess. Which honestly doesnt seem like anything.

But I don't think benefit has anything to do with it either. I got denied even just trying to transfer a purely cosmetic skin with 0 stats on it and 0 way to give any character an edge over anyone else in any way. As far as I've been told (we've both been told) by support only items that can be put in the account warehouse can be transferred using a restoration token... which really doesn't make any sense... unless they're unaware that there's even an option to use a restoration token to transfer items at all. 

Support must get 100 tickets per day about restoring/transferring things due to their awful wording in the restoration policy. They would save themselves the trouble of having to answer multiple tickets if they'd clarify what is and is not eligible. At least list a few "popular" items, like for example, they will not re-box legendary transformation contracts to allow you to re-open and try to get a different one. Common things like that would save them from having to answer so many tickets.

Archived