Skill changes for the upcoming update - 7.5 part 2 vs. 7.5 part 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chanter buffs for cbt_ch_crusader_g1.pngcbt_ch_healingtank_g1.pngcbt_ch_chant_improvedmove_g1.pnglive_ch_phoenixstep_g1.png

Songweaver buffs for live_ar_songofrelax_g1.pnglive_ba_songofappreciation_g1.pnglive_ar_songofshield_g1.pnglive_ba_focusdefence_g1.png, ba_sanctuary_custom_b.pngba_sanctuary_custom_a.png

Songweaver nerf for ba_requiem_g1.png

Assassin buffs for cbt_as_blindingburst_g1.png i1bN7v1.jpg 

Assassin neutral changes for 0I4LcqU.jpg as_widenewblindingburst_g1.png

Assassin nerfs for sc_assaultstabber_custom_a.png and live_as_stabstance_g1.png

Spiritmaster buff for live_el_hellcurse_g1.png

Spiritmaster nerfs for live_el_despaircurse_g1.pngcbt_el_fear_g1.pngcbt_el_firefear_g1.pngel_terrorspirit_custom_a.pngel_terrorspirit_custom_b.pnglive_el_nightmareroot_g1.png

Gladiator buffs for live_fi_fortitude_g1.pngcbt_fi_heavyimpact_g1.pngfi_warflag_g1.pnglive_fi_ragespirit_g1.pngcbt_wa_steadiness_g1.png 

Gunslinger buffs for gu_drainattack_custom_b.pngev_mindreading_g1.pnglive_en_enfirechain_g1.pnglive_gu_magicalpromise_g1.pnggu_drainattack_custom_c_up.pnglive_gu_empowerammo_g1.pnglive_gu_empowermagic_g1.png

Gunslinger neutral change for live_gu_armorbreak_g1.png

Gunslinger nerfs for gu_firechainreload_custom_b.png  gu_foreheadsnipe_custom_b.png

Templar buffs for live_kn_powersink_g1.pnglive_kn_invinsibleprotect_g1.pnglive_kn_reflectshield_g1.pngcbt_kn_steadiness_g1.png

Vandal buffs for pa_dodgeatk_g1.pngpa_sprinklepaint_custom_b.pngpa_stabstraw_g1.png

Vandal nerfs for pa_paintbeating_g1.png  pa_sprinklepaint_custom_a.png

Cleric buffs for pr_divinespark_custom_a.pngcbt_pr_blessedshield_g1.pnglive_pr_prepareholywar_g1.png

Cleric neutral changes for live_pr_regeneraitionshine_g1.png  live_pr_tranquility_g1.png

Cleric nerfs for live_pr_painlinks_g1.pngpr_holylightwave_1_g1.pngcbt_pr_blindinglight_g1.png

Ranger buffs for cbt_ra_breathofnature_g1.pngcbt_ra_hawkeye_g1.pngcbt_ra_light_sandstormtrap_g1.pngcbt_ra_snakeeye_g1.png

Aethertech buffs for ri_bindingslam_g1.pngri_eathiumcompress_g1.pngri_magneticfield_g1.pngri_tunesensor_g1.png

Sorcerer buff for live_wi_physicalwall_g1.png

Sorcerer neutral change for live_wi_elementalseal_g1.png

Sorcerer nerfs for live_wi_windspear_g1.png  wi_windspear_custom_b_up.png

1 hour ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Wtf??? could it be the sorc class is really op in korea that need to nerf it in every patch???

Likely the put the most junior dev on the sorc class.  Probably the logic went "it's the least played class so why waste the resources"  instead of asking WHY it's the least played class.

Closest thing I can relate to is gunners- after their massive nerf, you couldn't find one- however gunners have had progressive  boosts.

The latest round of skill changes don't make any sense  unless sorcs in Korea are obscenely OP with their combination maxed out runes, stigmas, etc. I doubt it though.

3 hours ago, Zombiex-DN said:

Chain of suff is going to do double dmg and gonna have lower cd its a buff

DPS 574.2 (old one) -> 1,033.5 (new one)

DPS goes up yes, Damage does go down.  Overall damage is lessened.  

Earth Damage 2,297 -> 2,067 Initial
Earth Damage over Time 34,455 -> 31,005

It will tick twice as often, for 10% less damage than it does now.

Cooldown is unchanged.  Duration is changed, to be 30 seconds. 

I am really disappointed by the modifications made to the sorc skills. Increasing Boon of Iron Clad defense doesn't change a thing, this shield has a big cd and a very short duration and usually can only be used once in a battle. However, nerfing our self-heal is very disappointing, sorcs already have the weakest defensive stats. Giving us an opportunity to fill up our HP bar once in a while seems only fair. The amount of recovered HP is proportional to dmg dealt, so you cannot heal much from tough enemies (be that in pve or pvp) and decreasing the percentage from 50% to 20% while increasing base dmg by 5% means you can recover twice less HP now. Soloing mobs on sorc will become certainly more challenging in this new update... At least they didnt nerf the mana recovery skills...

16 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

None of the sws skills are a nerf. Second skill change for 7.7 would solve sws dps problem.

I mean cutting the damage nearly in half on that skill is definitely a nerf. Unless you're trying to say you think it should be decreased and is, therefore, just a balance?

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I mean cutting the damage nearly in half on that skill is definitely a nerf. Unless you're trying to say you think it should be decreased and is, therefore, just a balance?

Damage is cut in half but so is the CD (30s normal/20s Adv.) and the cast time goes down to 1sec from the original 3sec.

26 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

No, its a decent buff. Damage isn't cut nearly half. Cast time reduced by 70%. CD time cut in half, meaning it can be used twice as often with overall damage boosted a little. And with some of the sws chain cds, it can be chained up by more than just sleep and one chain burst.

Also, in 7.7 

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_-_Update_July_29th_2020

Refreshing MelodyCooldown: 60sCooldown: 30s, just like every other def reduction skill.

3 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Hm interesting. The OP's chart doesn't mention anything about decreased CD and cast time.

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/KR_-_Update_February_19th_2020#Bard 

Skill damage doesn't match on some skills either.

44 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

*snip*

Yea, I would like to point out that (adv) earthquake wave for Glads is missing the proper dmg increase. It goes up to 1,900 and not what is written. However, Thank you OP for putting this sheet together to help people see what's coming.

The 7.7 skills changes are far more interesting I think... widespread healing nerfs and Guardian General Xforms finally get long overdue buffs...

50 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Skill damage doesn't match because the above is a data mine from the client, it only shows the base damage of skills.

Skill damage is increased in-game based on your Knowledge/Power stat. So Blazing Requiem base 4337, in-game 4770.

If you want to see another example take a Sorc into a flight zone and notice how their skill damage goes up in the tool tips when in flight. Sorcs passive flight bonus is +10 Knowledge.

The skill base damage, not the tootip damage, is what net physical/magical attack are calculated on.

For physical attacks, the POW stat isn't even used at all, so the tooltip damage is lying. Take off most of your gear such that your Physical Attack + PvE Attack < 11k, and go hit any level 80 monster to see how much damage you do. It would be (skill base damage * 2).

Aion Refly damage calculation formulas

For example, Blazing Requiem has 4337 base damage, and Songweavers have 100 Knowledge, so tooltip damage is the same as base damage. If the Songweavers enters flight mode (+10 Knowledge), the displayed tooltip damage gets increased to 4770. However Magic Attack stat is still calculated on the 4337 base skill attack.

I'm going to be honest, I was on the "sorcs are in need of help train" until I started seeing people like Pro, Fealty's sorc, Ereshkigal, Vesu (when his ass played), and a couple others on their sorcs in PVP and literally 2-4 shot peeps who are also maxed geared.  This includes plate classes with approaching and beyond 100k HP.  In Pro's case he routinely hits people for 33-43K+ dmg and openly communicates via discord when who or when he is sleeping a target. There are plenty of KR sorc AoD and open-world pvp video for 7.5 and 7.7 which are showing the class routinely annihilating people. Qzxw and Ckdrmsdl are a couple sorcs off the top of my head. They have no problems using sleep and even utilize it not solely for the CC component but to wait out certain buffs on classes to expire before a quick 2-4 skill cast rotation that quickly dispatches the poor target that sat there slept for like 10s+ just waiting to die.

These same sorcs are routinely at the top of the parse for PvE instances, WB, and Siege to boot. BlackRaven is a prime example of a great PvE sorc and he plays from a place where his ping isn't the greatest.

I don't know how it is on the asmo side as I haven't ran into any sorcs or heard of any that cause any kind of trepidation as those busters i mentioned up above.  Is it possible you guys may just need to rethink your gear load out priority, enchant up stigmas/gemstones/runestones/, and adjust skill rotations? Maybe what worked in the past patches, isn't what's best now in this patch?

I'm not trying to talk down to you guys at all as I too believed you guys needed some love but man, I've recently been thinking otherwise.

1 hour ago, Malachyte-KT said:

snip

This was a well thought-out post, thanks for sharing. Yeah, I think sorcs do need some love, but  you're right, there are several dangerous sorcs out there currently. I just think it takes a smarter person to play that class correctly now. I'd be legit awful at it.

Seriously? Nerfing thundering spear? Are you serious... 30% less life steal on the base dev skill?! Thats ridiculous, im squishy enough I have no buffs to increase my pve def.... im a cloth. Thundering spear is literally how I survive 80% of the time, its how I heal from big hits on bosses like the poison skill, and losing rationality on PFHM first boss, when the ads' agro on IDDHM, the aoe skills and the auto attacks from PFHM 2nd boss. Im not a vandal or a glad or sin that has the def and can handle tanking some of those hits, im a squishy sorc. I mean god nerf iron clad and make the green gemstone really useful, not the one skill that can change the entire capabilities of a sorc.  

I know a lot of people are brining up sorcs, but Thundering Spear is so helpful in pve instances. Sorcs are really strong in pvp, and I see that. It amazes me, and I do feel they need a nerf in that aspect. But dropping thundering spear is hurting a major pve aspect. Playing a squishy class, its amazing to know that I can trust my self in any major situations to heal back up to max hp and keep pushing through. Not to mention, a lot of sorcs (like the one in the video Treos posted) use Crippling Spear. Buffing Iron clad thatll help in pvp, and for Elemental ward itll really help in situations where its a quick fight, and hurt more so in long term pvp. But.. thundering spear? It has a very low base att, not to mention pile on some PvP def and shields, it does really low damage on asmos. Even when I fight pve geared asmos, it does really low damage, and I dont heal a lot from it. If im in world pvp, well thats another story as long as I have mobs around me.

11 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

I'm going to be honest, I was on the "sorcs are in need of help train" until I started seeing people like Pro, Fealty's sorc, Ereshkigal, Vesu (when his ass played), and a couple others on their sorcs in PVP and literally 2-4 shot peeps who are also maxed geared.

Well yesterday I did kill a tansformer Templar (while he was transformed) but he must have been naked it makes no sense. Sure I have full DT +15 with good retunes and m.attack manastones, and +15 daevanions and +15 stigma set. But usually templars can hit me more than I hit them and they have double my HP and this guy was in Transform.

but there must be something missing with me, I know my ping plays a role but I can hardly finish Crucible Spire and the top sorc finishes it with 10 minutes left. I have Sovereign armor set and Cruel Demaha accessories.

I never take any over-geared people into consideration when it comes to comparing classes.

(P.S. Minato-DN as the tranny)

10 hours ago, Treos-DN said:

This video just came out 49 mins ago. Sorcs are doing just fine and yes if you watch sorc videos from the current patch in Korea they do this damage on every class including templars and can burst them down with even 100k+ hp.

This video only proves how broken Vandal still is and how much better you have to be at playing a sorc to win, which proves the point that sorc is not a good class if you have to be far far better at pvp to win other classes.

Archived