Katalam bugged again

Kitsuneryu-KT

Dailies man dailies I cant do them. Oh hey lets say people are working and I cant run all 5 pf or idd 3 aoa ez 3 aoa nm then I get screwed if we are planning on running at the time bug happens. Sure last minute it happens but, DN lfg "pf hard before reset" "eso mark run before reset" KT lfg "its been 12 hrs and still nothing zzz cya guys in another game til they fix"

Literally been happening since 7.2 if their idea of a fix is reset then as soon as it is posted someone should be there reset in 30 hell even if they said we have to prep the reset and need 1hr before reset that is fine not take over 12 hours to literally do the smallest effort fix you can by simply resetting the server it doesn't take much time and its automated weekly but can be manually done just as easily since I doubt they actually apply any kind of patch to the game to fix any issues thus us getting the bug every single week (my experience working with EPIC games) Its literally like 2 steps if they choose not to just fix the problem with a real solution they should have someone who practically clicks twice and resets the server. Or hey most likely the bug is caused by some bin filling up and causing the problem so hey just do a small reset like this Saturday night and you can set it to an automated reset and hey less issues

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

While you guys see that oh theres gonna be a reset soon because KT is broken...

My dude, you KNOW it's coming. We all know it's coming at this point because it's been happening for weeks. So do your shit earlier in the week and EXPECT a reset on either Monday or Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

Literally been happening since 7.2 if their idea of a fix is reset then as soon as it is posted someone should be there reset in 30 hell even if they said we have to prep the reset and need 1hr before reset that is fine not take over 12 hours to literally do the smallest effort fix you can by simply resetting the server it doesn't take much time and its automated weekly but can be manually done just as easily since I doubt they actually apply any kind of patch to the game to fix any issues thus us getting the bug every single week (my experience working with EPIC games) Its literally like 2 steps if they choose not to just fix the problem with a real solution they should have someone who practically clicks twice and resets the server. Or hey most likely the bug is caused by some bin filling up and causing the problem so hey just do a small reset like this Saturday night and you can set it to an automated reset and hey less issues

Or maybe no one works the weekends and late night so, it's just when their shift starts that they notice it.

11 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

My dude, you KNOW it's coming. We all know it's coming at this point because it's been happening for weeks. So do your shit earlier in the week and EXPECT a reset on either Monday or Tuesday.

Amen that

tumblr_inline_mxubf8pqvN1rpxt2b.gif

24 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The point Wednesday maintenance is AUTOMATED no one does anything it goes on it own without any person there normally speaking. I have done this myself at my OWN job there are 2 people who oversee it to make sure nothing crazy happens and to apply any kind of emergency patches if something is a problem. SO what I am saying is set up an AUTOMATED reset on Saturday night after PVP instances close. You can do this at anytime you can set it up same as they set up Wednesdays. Since I know they don't do anything but just a reset setting up an automated reset for Saturday would help mitigate problems if it was an issue like I had stated with the server there would be no need for anyone to be there on weekends or in time they are not at work since it would go by itself AND they can let everyone know there is a reset at X time and they will be disconnected.

DO you believe people are at work a 5am for Wednesday reset? then why didnt those people who work at 5am fix this problem at 5am today??

At first DN wasn't getting resets only KT was but why do you think they made both servers reset? Because people complain that it is unfair KT got reset. The big issue I run all my small stuff I can pf,idd,sl ez and sl nm by myself at the beginning of the week and I bring my alts 2 at a time as I do it I go through all 17 runs on 20 toons. I'm sorry I cannot solo pf,idd hard or AoA by myself I am just not good enough for that and it would defeat the purpose of the game being an mmo if I could. Also I would love to be able to run all my luna, ESO, and AS in 1 day it would make my life so much easier if it was a weekly instance not daily. I don't care if the server resets I am asking since it is random since it happened in the beginning of the week as well before just set up the reset on a certain day tell everyone. That way people can plan around the 1 day and hell whatever still reset both servers. At least if I know I can force myself to do the shit I know I need to do instead of being tired after working my 15hr days and just slacking off that is what I am asking. People asked for DN to get resets I am asking for a continent schedule for resets so I have a better way to plan around them. I know NCsoft West is a smaller company when it comes to Aion so make it easy set up automated reset like they do with normal maintenance on Wednesday no one has to overlook it because I really doubt anyone does anything like this currently and when you come in make sure everything is good like people normally do on their shift and everything is peachy. I am currently working overseas my time doesn't match with server I get that and neither does my friends or legion I am just trying to ask for a change that makes it easier to set up my ability to still play the game I love so much my friends only have 1 maybe 2 days a week and when we all get together and the server is bugged it ruins our time to enjoy the game and each other company since we all have busy lives.

P.S. Van I am not a dude

3 minutes ago, Ereliya-KT said:

At first DN wasn't getting resets only KT was but why do you think they made both servers reset? Because people complain that it is unfair KT got reset. The big issue I run all my small stuff I can pf,idd,sl ez and sl nm by myself at the beginning of the week and I bring my alts 2 at a time as I do it I go through all 17 runs on 20 toons. I'm sorry I cannot solo pf,idd hard or AoA by myself I am just not good enough for that and it would defeat the purpose of the game being an mmo if I could. Also I would love to be able to run all my luna, ESO, and AS in 1 day it would make my life so much easier if it was a weekly instance not daily. I don't care if the server resets I am asking since it is random since it happened in the beginning of the week as well before just set up the reset on a certain day tell everyone. That way people can plan around the 1 day and hell whatever still reset both servers. At least if I know I can force myself to do the shit I know I need to do instead of being tired after working my 15hr days and just slacking off that is what I am asking. People asked for DN to get resets I am asking for a continent schedule for resets so I have a better way to plan around them. I know NCsoft West is a smaller company when it comes to Aion so make it easy set up automated reset like they do with normal maintenance on Wednesday no one has to overlook it because I really doubt anyone does anything like this currently and when you come in make sure everything is good like people normally do on their shift and everything is peachy. I am currently working overseas my time doesn't match with server I get that and neither does my friends or legion I am just trying to ask for a change that makes it easier to set up my ability to still play the game I love so much my friends only have 1 maybe 2 days a week and when we all get together and the server is bugged it ruins our time to enjoy the game and each other company since we all have busy lives.

Case in point about make it automatic on weekends: when 7.0 got released, there was a bug where you can buy lockbox ítems for free, so devs reacted quickly and took down the servers, did a rollback and disabled the vending machine for some time.

Now imagine they set up an automatic emergency one on the weekend and something like that happens again, Now they have to rollback the whole weekend, making it even nastier for all players. 

3 minutes ago, Revendreth-DN said:

Case in point about make it automatic on weekends: when 7.0 got released, there was a bug where you can buy lockbox ítems for free, so devs reacted quickly and took down the servers, did a rollback and disabled the vending machine for some time.

Now imagine they set up an automatic emergency one on the weekend and something like that happens again, Now they have to rollback the whole weekend, making it even nastier for all players. 

There is no patch being applied so this is almost impossible to happen. I do this exact thing for my job. Worst case the reset doesn't fix the bug and we are left with the server being down and DN getting to play again with added resets

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I understand, but we had a reset for this exact same problem, four days ago. So i didn’t expect us to get a second one. I’m not the type of person that can sit down and do 50 instance runs one day and then the next do it all over again. I do expect it, but it’s bad when I do log in, ready to run some stuff, and oh KT is bugged. Oh well there goes SAS, oh Lower Udas is broken.. oh PF isn’t working. There goes my 2 sources of experience, my ice cream farm and the place i farm my kinah. I wanted to do SAS and  Lower Udas this morning to get my xp for stigma enchants in Demaha, but they were both broken. And There weren’t any portals to Gelk so i wasn’t able to farm those ncps. And so I said hey that’s fine let me farm up my 3 runs left for PF and make 30-40m... oh that’s broke too. 

I understand that it is unfair for KT to get a million resets and DN to get none. But, it does get unfair when DN is allowed to farm these instances knowing it’s going to occur and KT doesn’t even get the opportunity. I can’t do 5 PF solos, 5 Sl runs 2 IDD, 5PFHM/IDDHM, 5 SLNM, 5 Lower Udas in 4 days. I would literally pop. I also can’t even do half of those on days like today, because i literally wasn’t even given the opportunity (prior to reset).

I do agree, in some cases I may not do as much as i should. But, in the end. This shouldn’t even be an argument between the two servers. KT shouldn’t be having these issues, and the servers shouldn’t be getting affected negatively by them. There is CLEARLY something wrong, when players expect a reset on Monday’s. 

I understand, but we had a reset for this exact same problem, four days ago. So i didn’t expect us to get a second one.

The normal reset (lol we have "normal" resets now, smh) is on Monday or Tuesday. The one a few days ago was a fluke. So plan for Monday/Tuesday going forward.

I’m not the type of person that can sit down and do 50 instance runs one day and then the next do it all over again.

Hey, I get it. I agree. I don't even put most of my stuff on cd each week because it's a lot, and I just don't care THAT much.

All I'm saying is that at this point, we should all be expecting the reset at the beginning of the week. It's been going on for weeks now. So if you're not running ANY instances Wednesday through Sunday and trying to wait until the very last minute, then that's on you. (Not you, specifically; that's a general "you.")

I am not upset with the reset its needed because we can't do else til we get it. I run all my instance as I can. I work close to 75hr a week I ran all my low stuff that I can do solo. Yeah unfortunately the stuff I cannot do solo I lost out for the reset. My issue isn't even losing out on this its the fact when I get home log in and ready to do these runs with my friends the bug is happening and it went on for the whole day and didn't even get fixed or notified they are working on it til I was at work the next day. I am about to leave work in 2hr so I can play but sadly my friends cannot play today so even though I have the runs again I cannot run the instances before reset tomorrow. I have already ask and will continue to ask support and whoever I can to figure out a way to make this easier on all players. I would love to have fun playing end game content with my friends but I'm left soloing the daily weekly content or just farming open world. I don't care about else I would just like the opportunity when I sit down to play I can play and not have to waste my whole free day looking at my phone and checking to see if we get any info about the reset. I hope people can understand this, they were understanding on DN being upset KT got resets and they were granted reset too so I am just asking for a regular scheduled reset for the server instead of waiting til it happens and then resetting it shouldn't be that difficult. I know they are working on a true solutions but this would most likely serve as the best solution til then. I doubt that the server runs any different from many other games servers. If you've run a Minecraft server I feel you even have some idea on how it works.

13 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

The fact that Danaria also get a reset for the problems in Katalam does not benefit or harm me (i dont care), I just hope that when Danaria has a problem which is necessary to do a reset, NC have the same attention towards KT as they have towards DN with the problems of our server.

But our game has shared maps and we collide with their server on multiple occasions. If for 10 hours Katalam was unable to participate, that gave Danaria players a ton of exclusive content, were there any world bosses spawned during that time? Were there any other important things taking place? Was there anyone that could only play at that time frame and simply couldn't play at all that day?

If our server was bugged for MAX 1 hour and we both got a reset, nobody would have an issue, but that is 10 hours of unplayability, that is almost half the day katalam server was unplayable. Those 10 hours our prestige still counts down, a buff or an amulet you got and now you can't use still wears off.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But our game has shared maps and we collide with their server on multiple occasions. If for 10 hours Katalam was unable to participate, that gave Danaria players a ton of exclusive content, were there any world bosses spawned during that time? Were there any other important things taking place? Was there anyone that could only play at that time frame and simply couldn't play at all that day?

If our server was bugged for MAX 1 hour and we both got a reset, nobody would have an issue, but that is 10 hours of unplayability, that is almost half the day katalam server was unplayable. Those 10 hours our prestige still counts down, a buff or an amulet you got and now you can't use still wears off.

Whats what my opinion is as well, and in those 10 hours Danaria was able to do all their instance runs and get everything done while we only had 2-3 instances open for us to even do. At some point it starts benefiting DN way more then it does for KT, the only benefit that it gives KT is that we can actually play the game (after the reset, before it we just have to lay back and wait unless we do cubics). While theyre able to do a whole new set of instances that some of us maybe werent even able to attempt. 

Archived